Toxic For Me

By RenaShine

MATURE CONTENT Contains INTIMACY (uncensored) | VIOLENCE | DRUGS | Mention of different KINKS Some violent s... More

Sneak Peeks for a Tease!
Chapter 01: Coincidence?
Chapter 02: Our First Encounter
Chapter 03: Reunited by Destiny
Chapter 04: Crossing Paths Again?
Chapter 05: You've Got a Message!
Chapter 06: A Car Ride To His Heart
Chapter 07: Deal Gone Wrong
Chapter 08: Love You or Hate You?
Chapter 09: You?
Chapter 10: There It Goes Again; Fate
Chapter 11: We Drift Apart The More Fate Brings Us Together
Chapter 12: Gone Forever
Chapter 13: Let's Go Home, Love
Chapter 15: Shush!
Chapter 16: A House By The Beach
Chapter 17: I'm Your Home
Chapter 18 : Fun With Kinks
Chapter 19: Princess Day
Chapter 20: Trap
Chapter 21: Who Asked You To?
Chapter 22: Connected Pasts
Chapter 23: Take Care
Chapter 24: Delivering The Envelopes
Chapter 25: The Flu
Chapter 26: Happy Reunion
Chapter 27: The Day We Become One
Chapter 28: Dress or Mistress?
Chapter 29: Family Ties
Chapter 30: Choice is Yours
Chapter 31: Tough Decisions
Chapter 32: The Bidding
Chapter 33: Old Is Gold
Chapter 34: Jealousy
Chapter 35: Heartbreaks
Chapter 36: You're The One For Me
Chapter 37: Return of Something Evil
Chapter 38: Enough is enough
Chapter 39: Missed me?
Chapter 40: Execution
Chapter 41: Long Time No See
Chapter 42: All's well that ends well, right?
Chapter 43: If I die, Love Again
Chapter 44: "Pre-" Wedding Honeymoon
Chapter 45: Everyone Loves a Happy Ending
Author's note

Chapter 14: Gifts And Presents

15 1 0
By RenaShine

Lavender woke up with a yawn when the sunlight penetrated her eyelids.

She looked around to find if Tristen was still there. He had left, with a note on her table.

Can't wait to see how lovely you'll dress up today. See you at noon. I've unlocked the door of your bedroom for you.

- Tristen

"How sweet of him." She smiled, looking at the door to find its latch open. She then looked at the time. "ELEVEN THIRTY? SHIT!" She jumped off her bed and ran straight into the bathroom to freshen up.

She was in the state of worry to choose her best dress to impress Tristen. Although, a part inside her was against it. It made an attempt to warn Lavender of the consequences of living a life with a mafia. After all, watching people die was not something many people were fond of.

But then, the way how much he loved her was enough to put her in a dilemma. So the question was, what option should she choose? Either of her choices would have consequences that differed intensely. If she chose to love him and let him stay by her side, not only would she put herself in danger but give Tristen's rivals a weakness he could not come over.

If she chose to reject him, she would be spending her life in hell with the regret of letting go of the man who truly loved her. No doubt she could find someone else, but easier said than done. And anyways, who would reject their perfect first love? Not everyone goes through the heaven of choosing the right someone at the first pick.

After wearing her white lace inners, Lavender wrapped the bathrobe around her body and came out of the bathroom. She stood in front of her closet with her chin propped up on her palm, trying her best to choose the right dress.

"I could wear this white one, but this peach one's attracting me more." She pouted, looking at both of them in confusion. She hung them side to side inside her closet to compare them while opening her bathrobe. She let it fall to her feet and proceeded to let her hair down.

"White one's better."

"GEEZZ!" Lavender felt her shoulders jump and a shiver rush down to her tail bone. She spun around in surprise and found Tristen sitting at the edge of her bed, leaning forward as his elbows rested on his widely open thighs; propping his chin on his palm with one hand.

He had dressed differently, which was a surprise. He was wearing a long black blazer coat with a fitted emerald green turtle neck shirt, and jet black jeans. His hair were not combed in the classic sexy way, instead they were let down on his forehead, left frizzy instead of being gelled.

His outfit screamed 'boyfriend material' in all parallel dimensions. The mafia prince, Tristen Killings, was for once dressed up for a normal date.

No illegal business.

"Why are you here?" Lavender gasped. She did take her time to let his new look sink in her mind. Oh, yes she did feel herself tighten. Had it not been her parents' house....

"I thought I'd see you before formally coming over." He shrugged, pointing at the window.

"You can't come into anyone's room like that!" She reprimanded.

"You're not 'anyone', though." He smirked proudly, lowering his gaze at her curves. He gently smiled at his thoughts, biting his lip to stop his smile from spreading wider.

Lavender gazed down at her body in horror and pushed herself inside the closet. She pulled the door to cover her body, popping just her head outside. "Don't stare at a naked girl like that, Tristen. Bad manners!" She scolded.

"I'm gonna have to see you like that sometime. Moreover, don't you want me to paint you?"

"If only you gave me a minute to put this dress on..."

"Come on Lav, do you think I'd let you wear even those little pieces of clothes when I paint you?" He smirked with a pure teasing intention sparkling from his eyes. "Y-You want to paint me nude?" She widened her eyes in horror.

"That's the woman's true beauty. Don't you agree? I mean, who would want to see a nude man? No one." He said, standing up with a manly groan. "Don't make me wait too much, love. Else I'm gonna have to come back up." He held her chin gently.

"And if that happens, we're going to be late for our date today." He teased before walking towards the window. Giving one look at Lavender, he climbed back down to his car.

"Tristen?" Brendon, who was waiting by his sedan, exclaimed. "You're here, too?" Tristen gently punched his chest before grabbing a bottle of water from his car. "Did I just see you climbing down a girl's balcony?" Brendon shook his head.

"Lavender." Tristen said, passing the bottle to him.

"I know! But I didn't think you'd be the guy to do this! And what's up with you being dressed like this? Are you really Tristen Killings?"

"Don't say nonsense. Why're you here?"

"To wish you, of course! And you know what? I did not have any trouble finding you because I already knew you'd be here."

"Wish me?"

"It's your birthday, Tristen. Happy birthday. Here's your gift."

"Chocolates? Did you put Toffé in them?" Tristen smirked opening the box. "No, Tristen!" Brendon rolled his eyes.

"Then I don't want them."

"I want you to give them to Lavender!"

"Ah, I see. Nice of you."

"I even have a ring for her." He showed him a beautiful flower shaped purple diamond ring. "You bought it for her?" Tristen raised a brow.

"For you, Tristen. I bought it so that you could give it to her."

"In that case, how thoughtful of you, Brendon." Tristen said making Brendon roll his eyes. "You do realize that majority of her fans would have given her a ring, right?" He scoffed.

"Yeah, but she loves only one of them." Tristen smiled proudly, taking it from him.

"I might go blind, I can't believe you're smiling!" Brendon rubbed his eyes. "What black magic has she done to you?"

"You won't get it." Tristen scoffed. "Alright. I'll be off then. I was mainly here to deliver the goods to another dealer, including the chocolates that actually have Toffé in them. Have fun." He replied, taking his leave.

"What does he think of himself? Huh?" Lavender huffed, after noisily pulling her dress down her chest. "Climbing up a girl's window? Such a..." She bit her lip to gulp down the anger, taking a minute to slowly smile.

"Such a hopeless romantic." She blushed. "Alright, I'm done." She said to herself, fixing her hair in the mirror. She did end up putting a little make up, which costed her more time.

"Lavender! Someone's here to meet you!" Her mother called her from downstairs. "Trisen!" Lavender squealed, rushing downstairs. "Who is it, mom?" She asked, knowing the answer.

Her smile soon faded when she saw who was standing at the doorstep.

"Jim?" She scrunched her nose in disgust. "I'll leave you alone." Her mother said, going back in the kitchen. "Lavender! You're here!" Jim said dramatically, opening his arms wide.

"Why are you here?" She said in disbelief.

"I was worried sick when Claire told me you went away. You know how hard it was for me?"

"I'm fine, as you can see. Now you may go."

"No! Lavender, come on. I came from so far away to meet you. Can't you at least invite me inside?"

"What's going on?" Tristen asked, reaching at the same moment. "My manager, Jim, decided to pay me a visit." Lavender rolled her eyes.

"And you are?" Jim asked, eyeing him from head to tow.

"Tristen. Lavender's date." He smirked, putting his hand out for Jim to shake. "So you're the reason our Lavender had to go through the trouble." Jim scoffed, holding his hand. "You don't know how bright a writer Lavender is. She is the asset of our publication company. She's very special to me."

"Oh, so you're in relation with her?" Tristen scoffed.

"You'll never understand the kind of relationship I have with Lavender. Never. Because you weren't there to handle everything life threw at her. It was me. And it will always be me!" Jim huffed, making Lavender roll her eyes.

"Ah, I see." Tristen squeezed Jim's fingers harshly with a calm smile on his face. "Gah- Nice to meet you too!" He groaned. "Ah, Tristen! You're here!" Lavender's mother came out running from the kitchen. "Mrs. Hills." Tristen smiled.

"ARGH!" Jim yelped in pain, freeing his hand from the strong grip of the mafia prince.

"Come on in, have lunch!" She offered. "I'm fine. I was here to take your daughter out." He said, holding Lavender's hand.

"But I made you guys a delicious feast!"

"I feel deeply disheartened to hear that, Mrs. Hills. But I have already made the arrangements for today."

"Alright. Then make sure you bring her back safe. I'm counting on you." Her mother gave him a knowing glare.

"Don't worry, please." He gave her an assuring look. She'll be safe if she's with the mafia himself, He thought.

"I'll be leaving then, mom. Take Jim inside. He'll have lunch." Lavender said, looking at Jim. "We'll talk at the company. See you." She patted his shoulder before walking away with Tristen.

"Close the door before coming to the kitchen." Her mother said to Jim, before she went back to the kitchen. "How could she?" Jim welled up with tears, looking at how Lavender got inside the car with Tristen holding the door for her.

"I used to hold the door for her. My bright, shining writer." His lip trembled as he imagined a dramatic heartbreaking background music playing along in his mind. "Although, lunch doesn't sound that bad." He sniffled, closing the door before following Mrs. Hills inside.

"Where are we going?" Lavender asked excitedly. "The place we should go." Tristen replied, stepping on the gas. "As secretive as ever, huh?" She raised a brow. "I love giving people something they never expecr." He said with a malicious intention, making him smirk in his mafia persona. "You're the only one I love to give decent surprises." He placed his palm on a thigh, dangerously close to her V- cut.

It caused Lavender to blush noticeably, but her feminine ego refused to accept it. How I wish he'd do me right here, she sighed at her own thoughts.

Lavender hummed a sweet tune to herself while Tristen drove on the empty road. It was a comfortable silent ride for a while. She looked up casually at the rearview mirror and her eyes fell on the red heart-shaped shiny box with a golden ribbon on it. "Ah, chocolates, right?" She smiled touching it with the tip of her finger. "Yeah. I wonder if you'll like them." Tristen grinned, pulling out the box from the backseat.

"They're for you after all." He said.

"Awh! That's so sweet of you!" She blushed.

"So, you're forgiving me?"

"Eyes on the road, sir. I do not know who you're talking to."

"I'll have to work harder I guess." Tristen sighed, while Lavender opened the box to find  chocolates in red wrappers placed in an organized manner. "Oh look, they're so perfectly shaped in a heart!" She gasped happily.

"Just like you." He smirked, his hand shifted further up her thigh. Lavender knew that she would not be able to resist it if he kept on teasing her like that; pretending as if he never intended it. And she knew that he knew what he was doing.

She had to think of something quick. Because she was not going to lose the game that fast. "Alright, open up." Lavender held the piece of chocolate in front of Tristen. It seemed to have worked since Tristen moved his hand away from her cut. He softly held the chocolate between his teeth and ate it from her hand.

The moment his teeth bit the chocolate into half, the contents stored inside it scattered in his mouth. A raw powdery taste spread itself at the tip of his tongue, making his mouth go dry.

He shot his eyes wide open, realizing what he had just eaten.

Brendon said these were normal chocolates. There's Toffé in them, He anxiously thought. That's when Lavender dropped her phone near her legs. "Ah, my phone!" She bent down to pick it up, accidentally hitting her fingers on it's edge and sending it under the seat.

"God, I'm really stupid." She mumbled.

No, I cannot get high in her presence, Tristen hastily lowered the window and spat out the moist piece of chocolate before she could see. After all, he knew the consequences of eating Toffé. The amount of high that one could get from eating it was unimaginable.

He grabbed the small bottle of water in the cup holder, drinking from it to clear his tongue of any intoxicants. What if he needed to kiss her? He could not let her taste the drug.

"Found it." Lavender sighed before resting back on the seat as Tristen kept the bottle back down.

Oh no, I can't let her have it, at any cost. He panicked. "Uh, love?" He gulped hard, squeezing her thigh.

"Yeah?" She smiled at him, turning red again.

"Give it here." Tristen grabbed the box and threw it back again, scattering all the chocolates here and there. With a confused look, Lavender took a moment to process what happened while staring at the disaster in the backseat.

"Is it bad?" She asked innocently. "Mmh, kind of. It's just that you won't like them." He responded. "Hey, you don't know that." She said offensively.

"Well, but you shouldn't eat them, darling."

"I want to taste it so much more now. I'm going to have one."

"Don't."

"You can't tell me that." She snapped, trying to reach for the one closest to her on the back seat. Tristen drifted the car to the right, bringing it to a halt.

"Tristen?" Lavender gazed at him blankly as his hand snaked behind her neck. In just moments, she could savour the taste of his sweetness.

His lips to hers; as if they hadn't kissed in a long time.

As if last night was decades ago.

Lavender could sniff that expensive perfume coming from him. That cold touch lingering on her neck from the ring of his index finger, the way his lips had hers between them, and the dangerous chances of him taking her right there in the car.

It was all the high she needed.

"The chocolates won't taste as good as this." Tristen gently pulled back, gazing at her lovingly. "Okay, what is wrong in me having just one bite of that chocolate?" Lavender smacked her lips. "The chocolates are drugged." He softly whispered. "D-Drugged?" She stuttered. "Yep, Toffé. Brendon must have had them mixed up."

"Mixed up?" Lavender asked in confusion.

"It was only after you fed me the chocolate that I realized it."

"Then, you weren't the one who got them?"

"No, sweetheart. I will not feed you that garbage." He slid his finger down her jawline to tap her chin before starting the car again. "God, Tristen." Lavender scoffed, slamming her palms on the dashboard. "Are you serious?" She gave him a deadly glare.

"What? You wanted to try it? Don't tell me..." He asked in surprise.

"You asked Brendon to get me chocolates? You couldn't go yourself?"

"Ah, that's what you mean..."

"This is ridiculous, Tristen. I thought you really wanted to make up to me. And you're asking your assistant to get it done for you. Why not I just marry your assistant for you, Mr. I'm-So-Busy-To-Love-My-Girl?"

"No, honey, you see Brendon gave these to wish me-" Tristen bit his tongue.

"To what?" Lavender snapped. "Toishmi...." He covered his mouth and mumbled unclearly.

"Tristen, I swear to god I'll-"

"To wish me."

"Wish you?"

"You see, it's the day any human values the most in their life."

"Oh my god don't tell me.... TRISTEN!" Lavender squealed loudly. "What?" Tristen asked in panic and confusion, shifting his eyes anxiously between Lavender and ascending road ahead.

"How come you didn't tell me?" She pouted.

"Love, I don't really care about days like these that much."

"I could've got you something."

"Well, I thought I'd just spend this 'so called happy day' with you." He shrugged. "You wanted to spend your birthday with me?" Lavender asked with watery eyes.

"That's the plan." He nodded, soon pulling over on the empty dead end. "Oh my god, this place!" Lavender gasped, realizing it was her comfort spot where she got ideas for her bestselling novels.

"Come on." He opened the door for her, leading her towards the mountain top.

"I really cannot express the nostalgia I'm feeling here, Tristen."

"That's why I chose it. After all, this place means a lot to both of us." He smiled, sitting under a tree. "I've got something for you." He shoved his hand in the pocket of his coat to find a small box.

"Really? What is it?" She squealed, sitting beside him quickly. She tried to grab his hand and reach for the gift itself, but he obstructed her with his other palm above her chest. "But it'll cost you." He smirked. "Oh my goodness, what?" She asked impatiently. A smile surfaced on his face as he tapped his index finger on his cheek, motioning her to kiss it. Lavender rolled her eyes before she gave him a quick peck. "Now give it to me." She put her hands ahead happily.

"You really want it?" Tristen teased. "Tristen!" She whined, behaving like an annoying brat. "Fine." He put the navy blue ring case on her palm. The moment she opened it, she was in his awe. "Oh my god, I'm going to pass out. This is so beautiful!" She squealed, covering her mouth.

"Let me put it on you." He smiled, carefully pulling the small purple diamond flower ring out of the cushion in the case. Lavender held out her left hand, putting her ring finger forward. Tristen instead grabbed her right hand and put it on her ring finger.

"Why this hand?" Lavender asked, observing the ring. "Because I'm reserving your left for another ring, not for the one my assistant got." He said, giving her fingers a little squeeze. "Goodness, I want to be so mad at you, but this ring is so cute. Oh my god..." She muffled her mouth, throwing herself into his arms.

"Don't like it that much. I only want you to like the one I'll give you. Because it's going to be much beautiful than this." He embraced her. "You're making me blush so much!" She said shyly. She was so ecstatic that she did not think twice before kissing him. They made out under the cool shade of the tree in the spot most important to Lavender.

"I feel so sad that it's your birthday and your the one giving me a present."

"That's because I'm trying to win you back. You're my present."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619K 13.6K 67
{book two of the Gang love series} * I got pulled into an empty classroom and a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear...
2M 54K 62
"Aesira," he drew out. "Damon." I said his name back. "If you wear this again tomorrow I promise you I won't hesitate to rip it off your body," he sa...
103K 1.9K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
458K 8.6K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...