The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 馃
The Beginning 馃
Growing up 馃
Sweet Success 馃
Graduation 馃
Celebracion 馃
What a Day 馃
Irene's Day 馃
Tita Mommy 馃
Continuation 馃
Acts of Kindness 馃
Casual Day 馃
Piece of Art 馃
Anuncio馃
Quick Trip 馃
Imeldefic馃
Terno馃
Old Photographs馃
Empresa馃
Unforseen 馃
Flee 馃
Errands 馃
Episodes馃
Invited 馃
Los Angeles ?
Prep 馃
Infante 馃
Noche Buena 馃
Siblings 馃
New Year 馃
Momentos 馃
Bloom 馃
Besties 馃
The Return 馃
Secure 馃
ARA 馃
Amable 馃
Jealousy 馃
Disculpas 馃
Proclamation Rally 馃
Uniteam 馃
Bulacan 馃
Noticias 馃
Perd贸n 馃
Ava 馃
La Catedral 馃
Descubrimiento 馃
Sobreviviente 馃
Ecuestre 馃
Activista 馃
Talento 馃
Extranar 馃
馃
Compartir 馃
馃
Unica Hija 馃
H茅roe 馃
Reuni贸n 馃
Pap谩 馃
Generaci贸n 馃
Supper 馃
Miting De Avance 馃
Miting De Avance .2 馃
Continuation 馃
Mother's Day 馃
Mansi贸n 馃
El Triunfo 馃
Despu茅s 馃
Agridulce 馃
Elegido 馃
Unity 馃
Ocupado 馃
Triste 馃
Inauguraci贸n 馃
Finalmente 馃
Apo Lakay 馃
馃
M煤sica 馃
Imprevista 馃
馃
Miedo 馃
Apegada 馃
Creciendo 馃
Evolucionando 馃
Vida 馃
Temor 馃
Ni帽a 馃
Bazar 馃
Homenaje 馃
Alegr铆a 馃
Apreciar 馃
Monarca 馃
El Fin 馃

Elecci贸n 馃

521 19 18
By ItsYysabelleEe

Irene and Yara had already gotten up early because their call time is at five am. They will join Bong at the airport to travel to Ilocos to cast their votes, but Greggy will be left home for a while but will accompany his mag-ina to the airport

They didn't pack much as they will head back to Manila right away to watch the voting at Bong's headquarter in Mandaluyong. Yara didn't want to go, and yet when their other relatives wished to see her in Ilocos, even for a quick stay, she agreed so her mom will have company as well. However, if the decision were only up to Irene and Greg, they would not want Yara to go because they are concerned about their daughter's constant exposure to the media.

At the Airport

Imelda and Imee came before Irene, who was a few mins early, and they instantly greeted and kissed Mama Meldy. A few minutes later Liza and Bong arrived with their two children because Sandro was already in Ilocos, waiting for them.

Greggy: You two be safe, *kiss Irene* And you little lady, see you shortly, will come to pick you up again with your mom *hug and kiss her daughter's cheeks* Daddy loves you...
Irene: Will text you once we landed dear, get some sleep too before you vote, *whispered* I love you...

When they were complete, they boarded the plane, and while waiting for the aircraft to be cleared to depart, they just talked.

Mama Meldy: Bong, extend my thank you to Chavit for lending us his plane.
Bong: We will see him later mom, but will do, Mommy *kisses his mother's forehead*

While Irene, Imee, and Liza were chatting in the back. Yara just listens to them and has no energy because she is still sleepy so she and her mommy are both on the divan or lying flat space,

Imee: This daughter of yours is lakas to Manong *referring to Yara*
Irene: I know, if it was just me and Greggy, we wouldn't want to bring her na sana

Liza: Bong was surprised when Manong Chavit said that he wanted to see Yara,
Irene: Yes, he really wanted to see her, and even called us because he said he needed to make up to his goddaughter, Greg said no need naman na...

Imee: Knowing that man, he's super generous.
Liza: Well, we thought nga she would not go knowing that sweet girl getting nervous about the small plane taking off but you are there naman, Irene, calming her *smiles*

Irene: Yes, it's good as well that she's sleeping, but see how naman she's holding me! *laughing*
Imee: Cherish it, you are so lucky to have such a mama's girl, Irene.

Liza: If I only had a daughter, I wouldn't mind having her next to me all the time! *puppy eyes*

Imee remembers the screenshots Irene shared from some people's mean messages about Yara, and the three of them talk about it...

Irene: That's why Greg doesn't want me to bring her, because you know how the media is...
Imee: *took a deep breath* Hay, these people talaga, even as young as Yara, pinag ppiyestahan pa online.

Liza: Everything nalang ginagawan ng issue, good thing your sweet girl, Irene, is super kind. *distracted while looking at Yara* Look how red those cheeks are! *gigil*

Vinny then stopped as her mom made gigil to his resting cousin,

Vinny: Mom, don't pinch Ara's cheek because she's napping.
Liza: *sigh* Yes, honey. I won't na. *lay back* mamaya yang cheeks na yan!*grinning*

They fasten their safety belts, Irene securely holding her sleeping daughter's hand, Mama Meldy clutching her rosary, while everyone else in the plane is quiet, resting even for a short flight to their beloved hometown.

They arrived in Ilocos with several of their vehicles and an entourage of staff and security detail waiting for them to get off the plane, so Irene woke up Yara.

Irene: Hello, sweet girl *snuggles* we've arrived...are you ready to get off the plane?
Yara: That was quick, Mom! Good morning, mommy...*beso*

Irene: About forty-five minutes hija, small planes are faster than commercial planes, right?
Yara: Yes, and I didn't realize we had just landed; we should call dad, mom!

Yara greeted everyone on the plane, kissed the family, and then she spoke to her Daddy Greg on the phone before they stepped off the plane. Irene and Yara are in the same car, Bong and Sandro. Liza with their two children and Imelda and Imee are going to their house first, before going to their precinct.

Yara: Mom, where are we heading? to your precinct?
Irene: Yes, my love. This will be quick, just stay with mommy, okay?

Yara: How come we're ahead of Uncle Bong?
Irene: So that if ever people will mob them, you'll be safe with mom.

Yara: Can I stay in the car while you vote?
Irene: Sure thing, little girl. Wouldn't you like to see how they set up polling stations for those who will vote?

Yara: *curious* Oh, how about if we arrive first, I'll go, but if Unc arrives first, I'll stay in the car.
Irene: All right, call, little girl *holds her hands, smooches her*

They arrived at Mariano Marcos Memorial Elementary School in Batac, Ilocos Norte, earlier than Bong, so Yara went in with her mom while walking and telling her stories back then, which the young Araneta enjoyed listening to.

Irene: Look at the name of this school, darling. That's our grandfather's name
Yara: Oh so this school was named after great grandfather?

Irene: Right, we are in Batac, Daddy's hometown
Yara: Wait, Im kinda lost, mom. So Batac is Lolo's hometown and Sarrat? Isn't that where he was born?

Irene: Yes, darling. You're right, don't be confused *bunny smile clasps her hands*

Irene showed her daughter the classrooms since it was early and voting had not yet begun; she also showed her how to identify the polling station base with the name of the voter as Yara is still a minor and cannot vote yet; and as they drew near, they were at the information desk to locate the classroom where they'd cast a ballot when they noticed the media gathering.

"Naimbag nga bigat ni Ma'am Irene, kaduam ni Ms. Yara."
Irene: Hello! Naimbag nga bigat met, kumusta?

Their attention was immediately turned to the media when the local police reminded them that school grounds are cordoned off from non-voters. Foreign and local journalists are boxed out. And that security extends within a thirty-forty meter perimeter, for security purposes of the voters.

Irene: *checking her belt bag* Sweetheart, I don't have my pamaypay with me pala.
Yara: Maybe it is in the car, you can have my panyo instead mom. *winked, offered her hanky*

Irene: Thank you, my love. Will borrow this muna, it's so humid...
Yara: Sure mama! Dad got me that, so take extra good care of it! *beaming*

Irene nodded, smiled and smooched her daughter on the cheeks, and wiped her sweat off. Then, a little while after, Bong arrived, and Irene went to him, and she promptly fixed Bong's mask as well as his collar.

Bong: Thank you, Ading, my mask is kinda big
Irene: Yeah, you should tie it or put a strap like mine.

Bong: Hey, princess! *hugs, kisses*
Yara: Hola, Unc! Wishing you the best of luck today! *beso*

Bong: Thank you, our little princess. *whispered* You know, everyone is very happy that you're here with us *winked*

As she accompanied Bong and Sandro to the precinct, Irene is conversing with Imee's children.

Michael: I thought Lola Meldy was already here, Tita *beso*...
Cara: Hello, Tita *beso* hola gorgeous girl...

Irene: Will meet with her in the church nearby after we vote...
Yara: Hello Kuya Mikes and Ate Cara, *hug* mom, I will go to the car na

Then, Irene was about to respond when Sandro insisted that he take Yara with him because he won't be voting since his precinct is in Laoag, he had only accompanied Bong to support his dad, so Irene entrusted Yara to Sandro first. Then, one by one, they all entered the precinct and waited for their turn.

Sandro: Are you okay, Yarrie? *patted her on the back*
Yara: Yeah, so this is how the election works, Kuya Sand...

Sandro: Yes, you will soon experience your right to suffrage; it's a little challenging now, since many people want to see Pops, but a normal precinct can't allow so many people like this.

Some members of the media wanted to do an ambush interview with Sandro while the two were talking, and Yara was accidentally hit by the camera and...

Security: Diba po bawal kayo dito? May designated area po kayo, natamaan niyo pa ang bata, sige na po balik na kayo...

The cameraman apologized to Yara, and she accepted it immediately because she knew it wasn't on purpose.

Sandro: Please po, dahan dahan naman po, *check on Yara if she's fine*
Yara: Am fine Kuya Sand, can I just go to the car instead and wait for my mom nalang?

Sandro: *worried* Come here *holds his cousin's hand, exits the premises*
Yara: Can you not tell my mom Kuya Sand? *concerned*

Sandro didn't reply and instead checked on his cousin seeing as he knew it was painful because the impact was strong and she was hit on the cheek, and Yara's face turned red as she instantly got into the car and...

Yara: Kuya Sand, you can go now; I'll be fine here, don't worry *grinned*
Sandro: I can't leave you Yar, Tita Irene will be surprised if I'm not with you

Yara: Just tell her I'm waiting in the car.
Sandro: I know it's painful; look at how red your face is *worried*, but stay here; we'll be back soon. Pray that it does not bruise so that your mom will not notice.

Sandro tells Yara's bodyguards to keep an eye on her and that he will return immediately after Bong and Irene vote and was completely unaware of what was going on while she was casting a vote.

When Sandro returned, Bong had finished casting his ballot, and voters'' shouts of "BBM! BBM! BBM!" could be heard outside the classroom where he voted. After voting he then went to the corner of the school hallway and waved to his supporters for a few minutes while he talked to Sandro.

Bong: Did you text mom? That we are done voting?
Sandro: Yes Pops, told her that after church will be heading there, and mom said to take care

They were just waiting for Irene and the rest of the family to go to the church nearby the school to have a prayer and see Imelda.

When Irene asked Sandro where Yara is, he replied that he had taken her to the car. Nana was also with Irene, and after voting, she went straight to Yara, while Irene hopped into Bong's car since a lot of media was approaching them...

While Bong was looking for someone, their driver gestured and pointed to Irene

Irene: Hey, Bonget! *waves*
Bong: Oh there you are, Irene! *get in the car*

It turned out that Bong is looking for her younger sister Irene, and directly drove with his entourage then left the voting precinct and went to a church in Batac, where he was met by his mother Imelda.

But, on the other hand...

When Nana got into the car, she immediately saw Yara's red cheeks, and...

Yara: Nana, I was accidentally hit by a camera on my right cheek; do you know how to reduce the redness? *nervous*
Nana: *stunned* Ay Dios ko! Alam ba yan ng Mommy Irene mo?

Yara: No, we can't tell mommy...
Nana: *seriously concerned* Papabili tayo ng yelo sa tindahan, sabi pa naman ng mommy mo sumunod tayo sa church, tawagan mo nalang kaya na dito nalang natin hihintayin, babalik pa naman yun kasi si Madam Imelda boboto pa.

Yara: Okay, Nana, thank you! I'm going to call Mom right now.
Nana: Sige at nang malagyan natin yan ng cold compress yang pisnge mo

Yara immediately called her mommy and told her that they would wait for her in the car after she helped Imelda vote. While they waited, Nana applied a cold compress to reduce redness and ensure that any bruises would not swell that much.

After offering a prayer at the Immaculate Conception Church with their mother Imelda, Bong, and Sandro stepped outside and waited for Imelda to get into the van before departing for Laoag to meet Liza and his other two kids.

Irene asked Bong and he responded...

Bong: Go vote na there..."haba na ng pila"
Irene: Alright, up na mommy *referring to her mom's turny seat that will lift her to the car*

Mama Meldy: You will sit there? *points at the left side seat*
Irene: Yes, mom. After you...

Mama Meldy: You'll be "voting"?
Irene: *motioned her hands* "Finish na ko" *showed her Indelible election ink*

Imelda then turned to face Bong, who gestured with an inked finger, telling that he was also done voting.

Mama Meldy: "Will you accompany me?"
Irene: "Yah!"

After that, they separated ways. Irene went with Imelda to vote in Mariano at the same time as Matthew and Jamie were waiting for them, and they immediately walked to the precinct where they had previously cast their votes. As soon as they entered, and nearer to the designated chair...

Irene: "Can I get her ballot?"

The election official consented since Imelda is also elderly and needs assistance. Matthew is waiting near the precinct door while Irene assists her mother in writing and shading her ballot. The former first lady is also being awaited by a lot of media, but then as soon as she finishes voting, she is escorted out of the area.

Afterward, Irene forgot and realized that her daughter had been waiting for her; as soon as they were out of the polling place, she contacted Yara right away.

~phone call~

Yara: *answered* Hey mommy, are you finished voting?
Irene: Hey, my little darling, *relieved* how are you doing? I apologize for almost forgetting that you were waiting for me; Mom will be there in a moment, darling.

Yara: I doubt you'll get here without reporters swarming you, and I don't want to make siksik pa in the car if you're with Lola, you can ride in her car, and will follow you nalang, and besides a lot of reporters are interested in interviewing her, so I...
Irene: Well, you have a point, but are you certain? I'll tell Matmat and Jamie nalang to accompany you instead.

Yara: That would be fine, mama. Will wait for them nalang here.
Irene: Love you, my baby. Will see you in a few.

~end call~

Irene overheard some security personnel mentioning something when she is walking, but she is unsure of it for it is not clear...

"Nasapsapa a nadungpar ti anak ni Maam Irene ti maysa a cameraman".
"Nasakit unay, nadungpar ti rupa"

As soon as Irene contacted Yara, Matthew agreed to go with her cousin to their home in Batac. Imelda's car was in convoy with it, but before Imelda could get in, several locals greeted her and the staff entered first.

Irene was pondering what she had heard as she walked to the left side of the vehicle, where she was going to sit and caught on video by the media...

"Hi Ms. Irene"
"Ma'am, nakaboto na po kayo?"
Irene: *startled, turns to address the media* "Opo, tapos na po" *showed her finger*

"Kamusta ang pagboto Ms. Irene?"
Irene: "Easy as usual" *accent on*

"Wala naman pong aberya?"
Irene: "Wala"

After the short exchange with Irene, she shifted her gaze toward her mother, and their security promptly shut the car door. Imelda and Irene headed in convoy to their mansion in Batac, the Bahay Ti Ili, where they would all meet and share breakfast while Bong waited for Liza and his children to finish voting before going there.

Irene immediately when to her daughter right after she stepped out of the car, stopped and looked at her for a moment, hugged her tightly, and checked on her...

Yara: Hey, mama! What are you doing? *confused*
Irene: *checks over at her daughter* Oh, nothing. Can you hold mom's hand? *grinned*

While waiting for Bong, Imee was in there setting up their breakfast table, so they walked inside and spoke with Imee's gentle giants—with their partners and grandchildren.

Irene: Haven't voted yet Manang?
Imee: Not yet Irene, after our breakfast and after you guys head back to Manila, I will vote na

Yara: Are you staying here Tita Mommy? How about Lola? Is she staying too?
Imee: Yes, sweetheart. Will accompany Sandro and monitor their votes together with Matthew as well.

Then, some of their relatives arrived and a pleasant guest visited and the family welcomed him, Bong arrived as well so before they converse, they settled first to eat as they are already hungry and prefer to talk things out over breakfast.

They served Ilocos specialties that everyone had missed having, like longganisa, pinakbet, the favorite dinengdeng of the Marcos siblings, Imelda's beloved bagnet, of course, the well-known empanada, among others. They simply relished the familiar comfort food they had grown up with in their ancestral home.

~to be continued~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 252 17
Maria Irene Celestina Marcos, the youngest daughter of President Ferdinand Marcos is in a secret relationship with Engineer Leandro Silayan. How wil...
11.9K 438 22
A sequel to They don't know about us. Now that Irene is married to Greggy Araneta, what happens to her first born daughter Leandra from her previous...
9K 670 12
When Greggy had an accident, Saoirse Maryella Vivianne Louise Araneta is forced to stay with her mother, Irene, who she hasn't seen in years. The ten...
36.9K 2.5K 30
A story of a lady living in a bed of roses, an international model, she have it all like literally all she wants and all she needs are provided. A co...