As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

33. Calming the Storms

3.7K 173 73
By Laughingwolf78

Izuku has never been more angry or shocked in his life.

If he woke up tomorrow sown to the carpet he wouldn't be more shocked then he is right now.

He stands there on the sidewalk blinking at his ex thinking about how he has got to have the absolute worse luck in the entire world for this to happen right now in front of his new boyfriend who struggles with trust and anger issues. His face is on fire with a deep red color that has nothing to do with embarrassment and everything to do with white hot fury.

It takes a minute for him to even get his mouth to work because everytime he starts the words get stuck in his throat.

" Shoto.. what.. what the hell are you doing here?! How did you even know where I worked?! And if you keep standing here with that smug look you have right now I swear to God I will punch you right in the face!"

Shoto raises a brow at his ex who never seemed to speak with this kind of confidence or anger before.

" I was just passing through Izuku, I thought I would stop to see you. Things between us ended yes but we were civil about it. I didn't think you'd react like this."

Izuku is pacing the sidewalk now trying to calm his anxiety and anger.

" Civil?! Shoto, you cheated on me! I found out, told you it was over and never looked back at you! I mean, I even moved so I didn't have to see you, ever! What would make you think I would want to now?! I.. I can not fucking believe this right now!", the exasperated greenett says pacing again running a hand through green locks.

A thought hits him as he stops suddenly looking at the other male.

" You never told me how you knew where I worked. And what does your girlfriend think about you passing through to see your ex huh??"

Shoto shrugs.

" We still have some of the same friends back home. I may not follow your social media because you blocked me but they follow you and I ran into some of them who told me how you were doing. As far as Momo goes that ended."

Izuku narrows his eyes with a disbelieving laugh.

" Oh I see now. Things ended with your little twinkie so you thought you could come running back to me? And what? Think I would be happy to see you, open my arms and take you back?! If that's what you have going on inside that thick skull of yours you can just forget it! I've moved on, have an amazing relationship and am totally happy. You never even cross my mind! You need to leave Shoto, I need to go back to work and clean up this awful mess you've left in my lap now. I don't want to see you.", he says turning to leave but then hears an always monotone voice.

" That guy you're with now who's all jealous and untrusting. You really think that's gonna work out? And I mean come on Midoriya, he's famous, those guys are never faithful."

There's a swirl of both anger and pain in Izuku's chest as he spins around and steps chest to chest with his ex. Emerald eyes ferice now.

" Watch what you say about him Shoto. Watch speaking about things that you have no idea about, except for the not being faithful part, you have that part down don't you Sho? Now like I said, you need to leave and I need to go."

With those words breathed he's gone, pulling the restaurant door open harshly and disappearing inside leaving his ex on the sidewalk.

He's shaking now, half anger half fear about things being left in the worse possible way they could be with a blonde musician who he knows is over-thinking in every worse way possible. Even worse is he can't even text or call him yet since he just walked back in from his lunch break and he's already getting yelled at because he's late.

Green eyes fight tears as he puts his apron back on saying silent prayers that Katsuki will talk to him later and let him explain.

On a bus that blonde is having his own meltdown as he paces having an all out anger filled rant.

" I can not fucking believe this shit!", he says as he sends yet another text that doesn't get read.

" What the fuck is he doing ?! Why hasn't he even looked at these messages!?"

Kirishima shakes his head sighing.

" Stop man. Stop blowing up his phone like this with anger filled text, that's not going to get you anywhere. You need to calm down before you say something to him you don't mean, before you even know the story."

Katsuki stops his pacing running both hands through his hair then down his face as he feels his anxiety and mistrust surge.

" But what was he doing there Eijiro?! What the fuck was he doing there?!", he ask feeling like he might vomit at any minute.

Kiri shakes his head.

" I don't know man, I really don't, but what I do know is Mido had no idea he was coming. I saw his face bro, he looked just as surprised and upset as you did, if not more so."

Denki agrees.

" It's true. I thought he might pass out actually."

Katsuki isn't facing them now, only standing looking out the large bus window as the night rushes by down the highway. They hear him scoff.

" Or he was scared cause he got caught, maybe his ex fuck showed up too early and Deku got scared cause he got caught", he says with bitterness on his tongue and stinging bees around his heart.

The redheads face drops.

" No way bro. Stop thinking shit like that. I mean I get it cause of your past but don't lay at shit at Mido's feet without knowing what happened."

Katsuki spins around slamming his phone down on the small table by the other window Kirishima and Denki are sitting at.

" Then why isn't he answering the Goddamn phone?! What the fuck is he doing?! He should be just as fucking upset over this as I am!"

Kiri pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration.

" He's at work!  Calm down and think about it rationally for a minute. He's at work, you know he doesn't answer text or calls till he's on a break, his boss is always on his ass, by the time we left his break was over. He can't answer yet, not cause he doesn't want to but because he can't."

Sero suddenly joins the conversation in defense of the greenett.

" Yeah, and who says he's not upset? He looked pretty damn upset to me when we pulled away. Just because he isn't able to get to you yet doesn't mean he isn't having a rough time with this. If I were you I'd more more worried about that guy being there upsetting him. Who knows what he's saying."

Katsuki raises a brow, a new feeling of rage rushing through his system. He hadn't thought about that till now. Now he wants to tell the bus driver to pull the fuck over and let him out so he can run back to the city and protect what's his, or what he hopes is.

He's confused, hurt and angry as he pulls his phone from the table and dials a different number hearing a cheerful Pinkett answer.

" Hi Bakubabe, what's u..."

He cuts her off.

" Did you know anything about Izuku's ex fuck face showing up?"

She raises both brows hearing an angry voice.

" What? What are you talking about?"

Katsuki sighs with a growl in it.

" We were saying goodbye at Jade and his ex showed up right as I was leaving. Did you know anything about that? Did Izuku invite the bastard or did he just show up?"

There's anger on the girls face suddenly.

" I have no idea why Shoto is there and I didn't know anything about it but there is no way Izu would have invited him, absolutely no way. He wants nothing to do with Shoto. I'm not sure what's going on but you listen to me Katsuki Bakugo, if you think for one minute that Izu would go behind your back and invite his ex who by the way in case you forgot cheated on him and destroyed his heart just like what happened to you, you don't deserve that sweet boy anyway. I get your fear but Kat, he's not Sora, this isn't him, it's just not in Izuku to do something like this so if Shoto is there it was not your boyfriend's doing."

Katsuki takes a deep breath trying to steady himself as he listens to the girl on the line. He wants to believe her and some place down deep, past the hurt and fear he knows she's right.

He clears his throat.

" Ok, then any idea what the fuck he would want? And do you think Deku is in any kind of danger or whatever. I don't know this bastard or what he might be doing."

Mina twist her face in thought.

" No, Shoto doesn't have the balls to hurt Izuku physically. He's not like that and honestly I'm not even sure he could, you've seen Izu fight, he's nothing to be messed with. But I don't know what he wants or why he showed up."

Katsuki stares out the window answering absentmindedly.

" He wants my boyfriend is what he fucking wants."

Mina sighs.

" Even if that's true he won't get him. Izuku is completely obsessed with you. I hear your name so much out of his mouth it annoys even me."

Katsuki almost laughs at that, almost.

The girl on the line speaks again.

" I will check on him though. I'm sure he's super upset about this. I'm so mad that jerk showed back up."

The blonde grunts feeling his temper still at the surface.

" Yeah you and me both. I'm gonna go now but make sure you look in on him."

Her eyes soften.

" I will and Bakubabe, please don't drag your past into this and hurt him for something he hasn't done."

The blonde takes a deep breath.

" I'm gonna try not to. Let me know if you hear anything."

He hangs up, checking his phone again for at least the two hundredth time.

His band mates eyes are on him as they watch him get up and walk to the back of the bus where his small bedroom is hearing his door slam.

The blonde lays down, hands laced behind his head mind wandering in a hundred different directions.

He's twisted up inside trying to calm a storm of rampant emotions. Those fears and demons of his past are racing around inside his mind causing doubt and fear . He closes his eyes and as soon as he does he sees those pretty emeralds flash in his mind, ones that really did look just as confused and upset as he did.

He's not sure how long he's been laying there lost in his own mind when his phone finally rings.

The name on the screen makes his heart leap in his chest as he answers it quickly hearing a very upset sounding greenett who begins to ramble immediately through tears.

"Kacchan! Oh.. oh my goodness I'm so happy you answered! I.. I was so scared you wouldn't! I ..I tried to get to you sooner but I couldn't and and ..I'm so sorry about what a mess tonight turned into and I have no idea why he's here and I know how badly that must have upset you, and ..oh God just .. please.. shit! Hang on, stupid keys, go in the stupid lock! I .. I have to get inside!"

Katsuki raises a brow hearing rattling keys and a sobbing greenett. It makes his heart ache at the sound because he hears the fear and tears and all he wants to do now is hold him. He sits up his voice dropping low.

" Deku. Hey.. Shh calm down a minute alright? Where are you trying to get into?"

He hears a muffled sob.

" My stupid apartment, but my hands are shaking so much I can't get the key in the lock."

" Calm down ok? Take a breath for me Izuku, nice and deep, in and out baby, you're panicking."

There's another soft sob as the greenett leans back against the wall across from his apartment door.

" Of course I'm panicking! I had to say goodbye to you for four whole months and right at the end that idiot showed up and I know what you must be thinking! And .. and I'm terrified I've lost you for something that's not even my fault!", he chokes out putting his hand over his mouth to muffle the sound.

If Katsuki could figure out a way to transport himself there immediately he would do it because the broken sounds on the line are breaking his heart.

" Deku. You didn't lose me alright? We'll talk about it but you have to calm down first. I don't want you standing out in the hallway crying like this. Now another deep breath and then I want you to try the lock again.", he tells him gently but firm.

He almost can't believe his own words or tone. Two hours ago he was losing his shit and chances are he would have lost his patience and yelled at the greenett if he would have answered right away but not now, not after a little time to sort this out in his head a bit and not after hearing the sounds on the line breaking down his resolve to be pissed off.

He zones in hearing the greenett take a deep breath then rattling keys and finally a creeking apartment door.

He hears Izuku sigh with relief and he knows he made it inside.

" Good job baby. Now how about you get settled and then call me right back and we'll video chat ok? See if we can sort this shit out."

There's a beat of silence and then words that send a wave of ache in a chest he thought wouldn't ever hold emotion like this again.

" But.. I'm scared that if I hang up you won't answer when I call back."

" I promise you Deku, I promise you that I will answer on the first ring. He'll it's me scared you won't call back. But I want you to change and calm down a few minutes, get settled in bed with that green tea I bought you so we can talk without interruption ok?"

Izuku sniffles as he begins pulling his uniform off already so he can call as quick as possible.

" Promise you'll answer?"

Katsuki chuckles softly.

" Promise you'll call?"

Izuku nods hurrying into the bathroom to brush his teeth and get his sweats on.

" In like less then five minutes."

The blonde smiles.

" And that's exactly when I'll answer."

A/N
Ok you might have to wait for the full conversion between them but I didn't make you wait too long to know what happened after Hobo, Bozo? Shoto showed up. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
594K 13.5K 39
It's shy sheltered Izuku Midoriya's first year of college as a photography student. He's nervous and anxious, but also excited to take on this new ch...
289K 12K 49
Prince Katsuki Bakugo is everything you would think an alpha prince should be. He's good looking, strong, smart. He has wealth and is heir to the thr...
89.4K 4.4K 30
Izuku Midoriya is one of the most trusted Guardian Angels in all of heavens creations. He's spent most of his time on earth watching over those who n...