𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗟 ⸺ 𝖫𝖾𝗏𝗂 𝖠�...

By TheWhiteRabbit24

✦ ━━━ WE ARE EACH OUR OWN DEVIL, AND WE MAKE THIS WORLD OUR... More

───── 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖑.
𝑧𝑒𝑟𝑜.𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑠.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘 |
𝑜𝑛𝑒.ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦'𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.
𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑜𝑝𝑠 𝑠𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑑, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑓𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑔𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑠, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑒𝑟𝑤𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡𝑒𝑛.𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑤, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒.𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑦, 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑜ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑡, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙, 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑜ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑡, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗪𝗢 |
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑤𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑎.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 |
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑠𝑚𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑎𝑙.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑦.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦.𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑏𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑡ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑚𝑖𝑑𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 |
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑎𝑟.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑙𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛'𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑟𝑠.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑎 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑦.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑤.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑗𝑢𝑑𝑔𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦.𝑠𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 2,000 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑤.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑.
⁽ ⁵⁵ ⁾ 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑜𝑟.
⁽ ⁵⁶ ⁾ 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒.
⁽ ⁵⁷ ⁾ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑤𝑛 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦.

⁽ ⁵⁸ ⁾ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔.

299 9 0
By TheWhiteRabbit24

A/N: Hello, readers! I apologize for the events and the angst that will come in this chapter. Enjoy!

unedited

»»————- ★ ————-««

»»————- ★ ————-««

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃,
𝓣𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝚄𝙼𝙱𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

THE SHIP CARRYING THE SCOUTS and the warriors finally arrived in Odiha as they rushed towards where the flying boat was. "Remove the cover! Hurry!" Jean ordered.

"Dammit! These explosives are in the way." Connie informed.

"Let's cut 'em off and toss 'em." Reiner suggested.

"Wait. We might be able to use them. Let's load them on the flying boat." Armin said.

Mikasa was walking by Annie, carrying a crate. "Annie, check your equipment." She told her. "You're still not used to the new ODM gear, are you? Go with Reiner and zip around over there to get accustomed."

Annie looked down. "Why?"

"We should... do the things we can... so..." Mikasa started to say.

"I believe I told you that I'm backing out."

"You don't even intend to get on the flying boat either?" Mikasa asked.

"Sorry, but I'm staying behind. Wanting to save humanity... I don't really get that. If anything, us Eldians in Marley were persecuted by the 'humanity' you want to save from the moment we were born. Even if hypothetically the rumbling stopped now, with Marley gone, there's no one left to protect the Eldians." Annie looked over towards where the others were preparing the flying boat. "I truly do feel sorry about this, when they're putting everything toward the slim hope of saving their homeland. But... I can't fight anymore. I want to spend the time I have left living peacefully."

Mikasa turned to look at Annie as she blushed, which made her blush in realization. "When did this happen?" Mikasa questioned.

"When did what happen?" Annie asked.

"Okay. I get it."

"Get what?"

"You don't have to suffer anymore. But... Armin is going to board the flying boat with us and head for Eren." Mikasa informed.

Annie looked down. "I know."

"What about you? What do you want?" Annie asked. "Are you gonna go kill Eren to save humanity?"

"I won't kill him." Mikasa responded. "Eren's gone far away, and I'm bringing him back. That's all I'm doing."

Mikasa started to walk away. "By the way, did you lose your scarf?" Annie questioned.

"I have it." Mikasa simply replied before she continued walking.

Levi was walking down the stairs as Armin was trying to stop him. "This is crazy! You should still be in bed!" Armin protested.

"Stay in bed? If I lie down any longer, you shits are gonna forget all about me. And that bearded bitch who passed out after her arm was broken is awake. I'll be damned if we don't make her tell us where Eren's going." Levi claimed.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Everyone was gathered in a room as Yelena was telling them Eren's next location. "Most likely, that is Eren's second target." She said.

Pieck placed a hand on her chin in thought. "Fort Salta..." She mumbled, causing everyone to glance her way. "True. If he knew of the existence of weapons that had the slightest chance of harming the Founding Titan..."

"I expect that's his next stop after Karifa Naval Port. He'll go to destroy the airships." Yelena said.

"You answered mighty obediently." Levi noticed.

"I have a request for all of you." Yelena clenched the blanket that was wrapped around her tightly. "Please acknowledge something. Zeke was defeated. But he was right. The only solution to the two-millennium-spanning Eldian problem was the euthanization plan. I'm sure you can see that in the wake of this disaster."

"Yeah. I admit it." Hange confessed as they looked away. "I wasn't able to show Eren any solution, or hope, or a future. I admit my powerlessness."

»»————- ★ ————-««

It was soon the next morning. "Hange!" Onyankopon shouted, waving to get their attention. "In about an hour, we can begin preparations for takeoff!"

"Got it!" They replied before turning around. "You heard the man. Each of you, inspect your gear."

"Yes, Commander!"

Levi was struggling as everyone looked at him in concern. "Two fingers is all I need. I'm ready." He said.

"Simon. Can I have a moment with you?" Hange asked as Simon nodded, the two of them walking away from the others.

Hange crossed their arms. "About what you told me... Are you sure you're going to go through with it?"

"I have a bad feeling that something will go wrong, Hange. You know my intuition is often correct." Simon replied as Hange agreed with him.

"I already told you I have Armin in place of the next commander if anything were to happen."

"I know. But that kid has already been through a lot. And he's only nineteen. He doesn't need the entire operation on his shoulders." Simon said. "Besides, my term ends in two years anyhow. Why not make it end sooner?"

"Levi's not gonna like this."

"Why do you think I haven't told him? The idiot would probably stop me." Simon chuckled. "Think you do me a favor, Hange?"

"What is it?"

"Take care of Levi for me, will you?" Simon told them, looking back at Levi for a moment. "When I'm gone, he's gonna need someone. Be there for him, as a friend."

"Sure thing, Simon." Hange promised, making Simon smile before hugging them in which they returned it.

Hange and Simon soon joined the others as Annie was getting ready to leave.

"Annie!"

"Annie, take care!" Connie called out.

"See you later!" Hange said.

Annie glanced at Armin, who looked back as he held a hand up in farewell. Annie turned around and walked towards the ship. Mikasa joined Armin's side.

"Armin, are you all right with this?" Mikasa asked.

"With what?" Armin blushed.

"To be honest, I was relying on her." Jean admitted.

"But Annie has fought enough." Connie said.

"I am. I... I want Annie to stay Annie." Armin stated.

"Are you two sure you want to come with us?" Hange asked Reiner and Pieck, who walked towards them. "Assuming the rumbling stops, Eldians won't find themselves in a great position..."

"I hate to admit it, but you were right, Hange. General Magath was leaving us a final order: to work together and do what needs to be done." Pieck said.

"Pieck..." Hange trailed off. "I'd love to ride on the Cart Titan's back sometime and its body heat as we—"

"No." Pieck stepped aside. "That took a sudden, creepy turn."

Everyone was soon walking towards the plane. "I see Hange's love of Titans is still unrequited." Levi said.

"They think they'll be pals eventually." Simon stated. "Tell me, Levi. Do you think they're all watching? Farlan, Isabel, and Sean... All of our fallen comrades who sacrificed their lives trying to get us to this point?"

"Don't go and start sounding like him." Levi replied.

An Azumabito mechanic checked to see if everything was in order. "Good. Begin the fueling process!" He ordered.

"Yes, sir."

"Thank goodness. We're gonna make it before the rumbling gets here." Onyankopon muttered to himself. He suddenly turned around, seeing a drenched Floch, who began to shoot.

Mikasa charged forward, attaching her wire to Floch's throat as he choked on his own blood. 

Everyone soon gathered around Floch. "Floch..." Hange mumbled. "Don't tell me you clung to the ship all the way here—"

"Hange!"

Onyankopon's sudden shout grabbed everyone's attention. "There are holes in the fuel tank!" He announced, leaving everyone stunned. "We can't fly like this!"

"Don't lose hope. If we cover the holes, we can make it work!" One of the mechanics said.

"Get the welding tools!"

The Azumabito mechanics soon got to work. "How long will it take?" Hange questioned.

"With tin plates, we could do it in an hour, barely."

The table moving soon got the mechanic, Simon, and Hange's attention as everything began to shake.

"This sound..." Simon mumbled.

"Don't tell me..." Reiner turned around and rushed outside. "It's here. The rumbling... is here."

"Don't do it." Floch mumbled. "Please... don't..."

"Inspect the engine! Hurry!"

"Floch..." Hange muttered as them, Jean, and Simon kneeled down.

"Be ready to start fueling at any moment!"

"Every... one... on the... island... will be... killed... Our devils... are our... only... hope..." Floch spoke weakly.

"Come on! Floch!" Jean said.

"He's dead." Simon informed, closing Floch's eyes with his hand.

Gabi and Falco were banging on the doors while the Azumabito mechanics got to work. Armin and Mikasa stared at the Titans coming their way.

"Armin, do you have any ideas?" Mikasa asked.

"Only one." Armin replied. "I stay behind and slow them down."

"It can't be you. You're our sole trump card for stopping Eren. I'll do it." Reiner said.

"That's obviously not the play." Simon cuts in. His Scouts cape blew in the wind as everyone turned to look at him. "We can't afford to expend another shred of Titan power. Reiner, Armin, your Titans are not expendable. I'll slow them down."

"Simon..."

"In truth, Hange was going to do it, but I offered to be in their place." Simon continued on. "Well, that's that. See ya, everyone."

Simon soon walks away, meeting up with Levi. "Hey. Simon." Levi gives him a look. "What the hell are you thinking?"

"That I'm about to have a super cool exit?" Simon replied.

"That's not what I'm talking about."

Simon sighed. "I'm saving our Commander. That's what I'm doing." He said before staying silent for a moment.

"I hated Erwin for what he did. You and I, we could've had lived a peaceful life with Farlan, Isabel, and Sean back in the Underground. It was hell, but that place was home to us." Simon confessed. "But still, if he never recruited us, we never would've made great memories. Let me go out in style, Levi."

Levi stayed silent for a moment before placing his fist on Simon's chest. "Give your heart." He said.

Simon laughed. "That's not what I was expecting, but it'll do." He stated before using his gear to charge forward. Everyone rushed after him.

"Simon!"

Simon continued propelling himself using the buildings at a rapid pace before finally coming face to face with the horde of Titans.

"This is as far as you'll go, Eren!" He thought.

He hooked his wire onto one of the Titans cheekbones and throwing a Thunder Spear at its nape, knocking it down while the other Titans tripped over it. Everyone just looked in shock.

"Hey. I'm Simon. That's my twin brother, Sean. Our father is friends with Kenny, the guy who brought you in. What's your name?"

"Levi."

"Levy?"

"He said Levi, Sean." A younger Simon rolled his eyes. "That's a nice name. Well, Levi. I hope we can become friends."

"Damn it! Why am I remembering all our times now?" Simon cursed.

He connects his wire to another Titan and flew down, moving swiftly below the Titans feet before throwing his second Thunder Spear at the legs.

"You five... How are you so skilled with ODM gear?" Erwin asked the group.

The five of them stayed silent, refusing to talk. That was when Miche Zacharius began harassing Levi as he slammed his head onto the ground and brought his head up harshly as Levi's bangs covered his eyes.

"I'll fucking kill you, bastard!" Simon shouted, getting protective of the man he's known since childhood.

"Nii-san, stop it! There's nothing you can do given our current situation!" Sean said, trying to calm down his older twin.

"We're self taught!" Farlan told Erwin.

"It's sealed! Start fueling! Hurry! Hurry!"

Simon ended up getting thrown back as he used his gear to keep himself from falling. He looked back and saw that the debris went through a couple of houses and crashing into the building where the flying boat was being kept. He charged forward and sliced one of the Titans nape.

"They're right on top of us!"

"There's no more time for fueling! Start the engine!"

The flying boat began to start. "Push the fuselage forward!"

Simon charged at a Titan before slicing at its nape. "They need more time?!" He asked himself.

He pushed himself forwards at the Titans as he began to burn. "Hot!" He exclaimed as his Scouts cape caught on fire.

Simon swung through the Titans and sliced at two more as his body continued burning.

"Launch the ship!"

"Grab my hand!" Connie said, grabbing onto Jean.

Simon's whole body continued burning as he screamed.

"Sorry, Levi... I lied. My decision wasn't just to save Hange. I was looking for a way out of this hell." Simon thought, his gear catching on fire."Because I wanted to see my brother again."

An explosion then occurred.

"Section Commander..." Jean said, looking out of the window of the boat and seeing Simon's burning body falling down.

Armin was in tears, Jean gripped onto his head and everyone else was either sobbing or had sorrowful looks. 

"So long, Simon." Levi muttered. "Rest easy."

»»————- ★ ————-««

When Simon woke again, he saw that he was laying down, looking at the bright, blue sky. He jolted up in alarm. 

"The flying boat!" Simon exclaimed.

"It took off."

Simon looked over, seeing a mop of gray hair that was similar to his. The male's face was also darkened.

"You did well, Nii-san."

"Sean?" Simon questioned. "All of you..."

He looked back up to see the boat flying. Simon closed his eyes and sighed.

"I see."

Oliver offered a hand as Simon grabbed it. He then looked over at his brother. "I missed you." He confessed, hugging his twin tightly.

"Me too." Sean admitted.

Simon glanced at his former squad members — Oliver, Dillon, Rachel, and Alastrine. They were all there. 

"That reminds me, there's two more people who've been wanting to see you, as well." Sean informed, making Simon hum in confusion. 

"Simon!" 

Simon turned around to see Isabel rushing towards him, with Farlan right behind her. Isabel tackles him, taking Simon by surprise. 

"Isabel, still energetic as ever." Simon chuckled. 

"You betcha!" 

He releases Isabel before hugging Farlan. "Man, do I got stories to tell you guys." Simon stated. 

Farlan smiled at him. "You can catch us up on all that we missed. We got all the time in the world." He said. 

"Don't rush to join me, Levi. I'll be waiting for you." 

»»————- ★ ————-««

A/N: Simon's soul being reunited with Farlan, Isabel, his brother, and his former squad members is everything to me. I definitely gotta add 'Summertime Sadness' to Simon and Levi's playlist because it came on at the right time. 

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 2457 words. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 12.3K 38
Levi Ackerman fell in love with a certain turquoise-eyed brunet since the first time he laid his eyes. For a year, he's just loving him from afar. Bu...
6.1K 325 10
~COMPLETE~ -MATURE CONTENT- Levi Ackerman has never been fond of kids. In fact, he despises them with a burning passion. They're filthy creatures wh...
231K 8.4K 110
⋆⭒˚。⋆ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚝'𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠." ⋆⭒˚。⋆ ...
750K 22.2K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...