⁽ ⁵⁸ ⁾ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔.

A/N: Hello, readers! I apologize for the events and the angst that will come in this chapter. Enjoy!

unedited

»»————- ★ ————-««

»»————- ★ ————-««

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃,
𝓣𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝚄𝙼𝙱𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

THE SHIP CARRYING THE SCOUTS and the warriors finally arrived in Odiha as they rushed towards where the flying boat was

THE SHIP CARRYING THE SCOUTS and the warriors finally arrived in Odiha as they rushed towards where the flying boat was. "Remove the cover! Hurry!" Jean ordered.

"Dammit! These explosives are in the way." Connie informed.

"Let's cut 'em off and toss 'em." Reiner suggested.

"Wait. We might be able to use them. Let's load them on the flying boat." Armin said.

Mikasa was walking by Annie, carrying a crate. "Annie, check your equipment." She told her. "You're still not used to the new ODM gear, are you? Go with Reiner and zip around over there to get accustomed."

Annie looked down. "Why?"

"We should... do the things we can... so..." Mikasa started to say.

"I believe I told you that I'm backing out."

"You don't even intend to get on the flying boat either?" Mikasa asked.

"Sorry, but I'm staying behind. Wanting to save humanity... I don't really get that. If anything, us Eldians in Marley were persecuted by the 'humanity' you want to save from the moment we were born. Even if hypothetically the rumbling stopped now, with Marley gone, there's no one left to protect the Eldians." Annie looked over towards where the others were preparing the flying boat. "I truly do feel sorry about this, when they're putting everything toward the slim hope of saving their homeland. But... I can't fight anymore. I want to spend the time I have left living peacefully."