Avatar: Pandora's child

By Captain_scorpio19

Little kid with dead parents, being adopted and raised by soldiers on Pandora. Teen that trying to find place... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13 learning Na'vi
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23

Part 8

843 23 0
By Captain_scorpio19

Next day

          Ship arrived at 10:40 AM. Group of soldiers greeted inspector.

-"Good to meet you inspector. I'm colonel Miles Quaritch, chief of security on Pandora."

-"Good to meet you too. My name is Steven Sankey. I'd like you to show me around your base." - inspector said with tired look. 

-"Of course. Please to follow me."

          They started with airport and hangars. Inspector were taking notes of everything, he's unhappy face weren't helping. 

----

          Vity were spending time in laboratory. Lyle couldn't take care of her cause he were helping colonel with their guest. 

-"Do you need some help sweetheart? What are you doing by the way?" - Greace ask and sat next to her.

-"I'm doing some tasks from this book you gave me."

-"Yeah? And how it's going?"

-"Well, I'm not sure what this word mean." - she said and point on it.

-"Word 'taron', that mean hunt. From this word is word for hunter, 'taronyu'. In Na'vi culture if you want to become one of hunters, taronyu, you bond with Ikran."  - Greace explained it to her quickly.

-"That's so nice. I would like to become one. I like ikrans, they're so beautiful and majestic. Don't you think?" 

-"Yes they are. But human can't bond with them, you know that, right?"

-"Yes, I do." - She replied and came back to her book.

-"Inspector will come here soon. He'll probably want to see everything that is connected with Avatar program. Be polite, ok? And if we go outside please wear mask, we don't want more problems."

-"Of course." - she replied without looking at her.

          Lil pup wake up from his nap. When he saw Vity he run to her and sat down next to her chair.

-"Your little friend wake up. Do you name him already?" - dr said and took him on her knees.

-"Not jet. I couldn't find any good name for him jet." 

-"I see."

----

-"And here is our laboratory..."- They heard Quaritch voice as he went inside with inspector.

-"Oh oh. Quick, get your things and go put them on their place." 

-"Good morning. You're dr Greace Augustine right?" -he asked when they saw her.

-"Yes it's me. It's nice to meet you sir." - they shake their hands.

-"I heard a lot about project you started. If you can, please tell me more about what you guy doing here." - he asked and took notebook into his hands.

-"Well. In laboratory we experiment and study about Pandoras' life. From time to time, we in our avatars, we're going to natives to teach them English and get to know more about them and their culture. I'm writing book about that."

-"Book? Wow, that's very interesting. I can't wait to read it. But if you can tell me more about your avatars. How you made them?" - he asked.

          Vity were standing in the back and watching them. She didn't really liked him, he was looking really tired  and unfriendly. As she was looking she couldn't find anything that would convince her to liking him. 

-"So, to make avatar we mix human and Na'vi DNA. It's very complicated and long procedure,it takes a lot of time. At the beginning of our project we made over 6 avatars, including my. We firstly hold them in little boxes in which  fetal develop and grow till 12 month. Then they are put into bigger incubators where they grow till age we want. Most of the time we taking them out after they hit 18 to 20 years." - Greace explained everything.

-"Ok. They grow in normal time or you speeding it up somehow?"

-"No, they grow in real time. That's why it taking so long." 

-"That's make sens. And... How are you getting their DNA?" - when he asked this question everyone looked at her, they all wanted to know it.

-"Well... It's uh, it's um... well ..."

-"No, no, no, come back here." - Vity said when puppy runned to them.

          She manage to catch him before he 'attacked' them. inspector looked at her and animal for a moment. Others looked at each other with scared faces.

-"Good morning little one. What's your name ?"

-"Vita." - she replied quietly. 

-"I see you got a nice pet. How it's called?" 

          She looked at Lyle and Greace. She was a little bit scared and didn't know if she can. Greace nodded to her as a sign that she can say that.

-"It's viperwolf. I named him Taronyu."

          Greace looked at her with smile.

-"Interesting, having dangerous animal as pet? Who would have thought. Who's your parents kid?"

-"They're dead." - she said quietly.

-"Hm. How old are you?"

-"Five." - she didn't liked those questions.

-"You look younger. Who take care of you?"

-"Everyone, but I spend most of the time with Lyle."

-"Who?"

-"It's me sir." - he replied.

-"Oh ok. After we end our trip over the building I'd like to see her papers." - he said and wrote down something to his notebook.

-"Of course. Now, let us show you avatars living place." - Quaritch interrupt and end conversation between them. 

         Vity smiled at him as way of thanks. They went outside. After hour they came back and went to Quaritch office.

----

-"Here's those papers you asked for sir." - Quaritch gave him stack of papers. 

-"Thank you. Let's see..." - he sat down and started to read it.

-"Name Vita, surname unknown. Why?" - he started to read one by one.

-"Yes, we couldn't figure out who's her parents." - Quaritch replied.

-"But there is a birth date."

-"Mother left a notebook with some information."

-"Foster parents/legal guardians: Lyle Wainfleet and Miles Quaritch." - he read slowly and looked at them.

-"It's us." - he replied again.

-"So... You're partners?"

-"NO!" - They practically screamed together.

-"I'm sorry sir, no we're not. We're just her guardians, nothing than that and that we're in the same team, nothing other is between us."

-"Of course. Can I stay with her only?" 

-"No problem." - he said and gave her look to stay and behave.

          She sat down in front of him. He was reading something more and she was just looking at him. 

-"So. They really aren't together or just saying that cause they're scared to be kicked out of army?" 

-"They're not." 

-"Hm. Who about your education? You have lessons?"

-"Yes."

-"What lessons?"

-"PE, English, biology, maths, IT." - she said some of them. 

-"As it should be. I know that you spend lots of your time in laboratory and with avatars. Tell me something you know about them." 

-"Um... They're blue, very tall and they connect with humans." - she started playing as she don't really know. She saw something disturbing about him but couldn't really say what.

-"Sure. You can go." - inspector was unhappy from her answer. 

          When she walked out he made sure no one saw what he's doing he took out his computer and wrote to someone.

["I have data we needed. I'm ready to come back."]

                                                    ************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 17.1K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 38.6K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
548K 17.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
1.7M 58.4K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...