Be My Valentine?

By authorbrowniee

‼️UPDATES EVERY SATURDAY ‼️ - Maya Hayes, a billionaire who couldn't care less about Love. Hell, she didn't... More

preliminaries
aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two

fourteen

2.6K 109 30
By authorbrowniee

SORRY FOR BEING A LITTLE LATE BUT The first chapter of the month is up for you guys now... Can't wait to talk to you guys in the comments so don't forget to leave them!!

Louis Dubois' POV:

"For fuck sakes, even if you don't, obviously I remember you, you're Louis who I would call Lou, you went to Charleston and were in the same class as me, you used to sit behind me, pulling onto my hair."

How did we get to this conversation in the middle of the sky with nowhere to escape to?

I look at her with wide eyes, mumbling in my words, "You remember me?"

"Well yeah, why wouldn't I?" She looks at me like it was the most obvious thing. "You would be red as a rose every time I talked to you besides, I always stole your chocolates" she mumbles the last bit out of what I think was embarrassment.

I pinch myself all of a sudden and she look at me weirdly.

"What a whack job" she raises a brow at me and I frown.

A cute one

"Why did you just...?" She doesn't bother completing her sentence and I shake my head in defense.

"I just couldn't believe it actually is you" she shrugs, going back to work on the laptop in front of her.

I keep quiet for a moment before finally getting the courage to speak up once again. "Should I let you in on a secret?"

She turns to look at me with curiosity filled eyes and my cheeks heat up before I can even speak. Huh?

"For the record, I knew you were the one taking them that's why I always brought them" I tell her, and a faint smile tries to make its way to her face while she tries to act unbothered.

She doesn't reply and goes back to work, and I get up with a sigh, going to the room and jumping on the bed.

Yes... a bed, on a damn plane.

I lay there, my mind going back to her words.

She remembers me.

Oh wait, let me get you all back on track.

So I did end up going to this private school called Charleston as kid and let me just say... I was a shy kid.

And I'm not going to deny it, I had a bit of a crush on Maya.

She would always come in with French braids and show them off, saying how her mom had learnt this specially for her.

She would always have cheeks in the red color of the evening sky around the time of sunset.

Her freckles scattered all over her face, though, they seem to be more prominent now, beautiful than ever.

She once punched someone for making fun of my new bag, that was definitely the start of our friendship.

She always seemed to want sweets but never seemed to have them and I once found her having a taste of my candy, I would always bring more in case she needed it.

Spoiler alert... she did. She loved candy and would always steal mine, oblivious to the fact that I knew.

This type of retrouvaille felt like it was a sign from above, like we were meant to cross paths again.

Wait... Is that why she hired me? Because she knows me? Or because she felt like she owes it for the chocolates.

Or maybe... just maybe... she actually trusts you to do the job.

Oh yeah, she trusts me to do the job. Wait, she trusts ME?

Oh, I just know for a fact she isn't making very good life decisions.

"Poor thing" I shake my head with a sigh out of sympathy.

And before I know it, I dose off to sleep.

——

I wake up to a lady shaking me up, letting me know we're about to land in about half an hour and I groan out a "okay" and wait for her to leave before going back to sleep.

A moment of calmness passes by before I try to get myself up without making a sound. Holy shit I feel like a princess.

I should for sure give out classes on how to live like me and get paid for doing nothing.

Step one: be gorgeous.

Step two: work at your parents' bakery or cafe, or at any other.

Step three: find a beautiful human like creature who moves to town and is ready to buy coffee from your lair.

Step four: find the twin of the gorgeous human she-devil and eaves drop into his phone call before offering him a muffin.

Step five: this is where it gets hard, but you somehow do nothing and have him offer you a job as a bodyguard for the other pretty creature known as his twin who also you later find out happens to be your childhood crush but has now magically transformed.

Step six: You go through a tuff, almost dying situation that you find out wasn't even real to begin with.

Step seven: you have her like you and finally go everywhere with her just to carry her purse that has nothing in it... and you get paid for it.

Ok maybe it's more about luck but it's worth the try since you get ice cream too.

I walk out to see the laptop sitting on the seat beside Maya while she talks to someone on her phone who think I made out to be Miles.

She notices me walk in and calls me over, ending the call and checking something on her phone.

"Dubois, can you check if I've gotten all the files?" She asks pointing on the seat facing hers and I sit, picking up the laptop.

"I sent the list to you" she tells me when I look at the screen confused.

I take out my phone and truly enough there is a document sent by her with a list of different named documents.

I look at the mail opened on her laptop with the files. I go through them, checking every single one of them. I notice something off with one of them as it seemed to have to the wrong date inside.

I call out for Maya, but she doesn't reply, making me call out ton her once again.

"Just a moment, Dubois, I'm busy right now" she gets up from the seat, walking away with her phone in hand making me groan in annoyance.

I place her laptop back on the seat before getting up and making my way to the snack bar to get something to eat.

I see mini pancakes with some sauce and caviar on top... In all honesty, I hate seafood but everyone says Caviar is the snack of the rich and is amazing in taste so this might be my only chance to try it.

I pick on up and smell it slightly which makes me gag, maybe I shouldn't try it. I place it back, but Maya shows up out of nowhere, picking it up and devouring it.

I wait for her reaction, but she seems to have liked it, so I pick it up. placing it in my mouth but almost immediately spitting it out on my palm.

"You have a horrible taste" I shake my head in disappointment at her before leaving to clean up.

A/N:

I'm going to be honest; I've been busy and didn't quite reach my word count of the week so I'm writing this author note and making it bigger than usual on purpose, so I feel like I did end up reaching my goal.

First of all, what are everyone's plans for valentine's day?

Thank you so much for reading! I love you guys. This book is so fun to write so far since I've never written anything like this of this specific genre. I can't wait to share more of this story with everyone.

Don't be a stranger when it comes to reaching out to me in any way... besides I really need people to talk about this book to since my siblings are tired of me blabbering about random stuff that they haven't and won't read.

I'm also happy to receive any type of constructive criticism that would help me improve.

Please don't be shy and leave a comment once in a while since it really does make my day... even if it's just a 'Hi.'

But even if you don't comment and are silent readers like me, just know I appreciate the time you take out of your day to read my story.

hoping and praying for our little family to grow soon and I just know that day is coming soon.

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Thank you for reading my weekly rant and follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer Xx

THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE STORY SO FAR <<

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: YOUR FAVORITE TROPE,

in a book <<

in a movie <<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 19.3K 42
She dreams of owning her own bakery one day. Baking is her passion and what she considers her dream job. She was content in life, just taking things...
147 97 25
Briella Bennett is a policewoman with a heart of ice. Her cold voice and her stoic personality keeps almost everyone at arms length. Her past with h...
119K 2.8K 31
Done with high school, Holly decides to stay with her father at Sang Royal Academy, a french school for rich families. A college campus for boys only...
796K 34.3K 52
Oliver Brennan is happy and content. Living with his boyfriend of two and a half year, working at a night club as a bartender while attending classes...