When the Moon Takes Over

By breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... More

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
Father, daughter time
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Emotions that control us
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Some things are better left unspoken.
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Obsession
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Safe Haven
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Distractions

21.5K 791 223
By breathe_the_night

Alexandra's POV

I didn't wait for everyone to get up before I left the Scott's residence. I am still pissed about last night. It sucks when you don't have control over your body. Don't get me wrong this is not about getting in Cassidy's pants, I fear that I might hurt her. For heavens sake, I killed two large ass monsters. What would happen if I lost control with her? I would never forgive myself. Not to mention that this Kristen just appeared. I can't believe Marcus assigned her to train me. She is incredibly sexy, I won't deny her that, but to think she is the greatest shit ever? Like no. All this anger inside of me is ready to just burst out. Like a volcano erupting, I really just want to scream.

Instead of taking my car, I ran. Ran til I had no where else to run to. I was in the middle of the woods, catching my breath. I must have been running for hours now. Then there was this odd sense. Eyes upon me. My breath hitched in my throat. My ears perked up, my senses got alerted. Every cell in my body screaming, anger and fear, not a very good combination.

"It must be so sad for you Alexandra, you still don't know how to shift". Said a mocking male voice. I looked every where but saw nothing. I couldn't even catch a scent.

"You killed two of my friends, sooner or later you will pay for that,... for now I suggest you... run." With that I took off running. As fast as I could. The scent rapidly hit me, so disgusting and gross. I could hear many running after me, but I didn't stop. My eyes began to change color, I could feel them burn. My claws also began to come out along side with my canines. I might not be as strong to kill them without the full moon, but I have been training. I sure as hell can fight them for a little while.

"Call upon your brother Alexandra, I want to see him, I know more about you than you know about yourself." He growled.

One of them hit me, causing me to fall hard. Quickly I got up. There were none around. I was on high alert. What the hell did he mean about 'call upon my brother'. They did not show themselves, still the strong stench was around. With a lot of anger I howled. The woods went completely quiet as I did so. Not soon after a piercing evil laugh boomed. A laugh that made my body cringe.

"There it is, that power that you possess, too bad that mommy dearest wasn't there to help you control it. Or should I say, wasnt there at all, now what kind of alpha she must be". He laughed again. My heart is beating so fast. My fist are clenched.

"You will never see us coming". Those last words kept echoing around the woods. He laughed again when all the wolves from my pack arrived.

"Run the woods now!" Marcus ordered all the wolves took off running. The pack has truly growed in number considering Joseph's pack is with us. Marcus embraced me in a warm hug. I don't know why tears began to fall from my eyes. I didn't sob or anything. Just the tears that fell freely could be the ones to determine that I was indeed crying.

"He said that he knows more about me that I know about myself. He knows about my past. He is coming after me."

"Alexandra, who ever is behind all of this knows about all of us. That's what puts us on the thin line. They will try to break us."

He just said that to keep me calm. Somehow I see a fatherly figure in Marcus. He always tries to keep his children safe. Strangely I just stayed in his arms.

"Marcus, there are no signs of any of them. It's like they are ghosts". Kylie said. Her voice was oddly cold. No emotion behind it. Marcus sighed.

"Kylie watch Alex, while I talk to Joseph". Her eyes looked at me strangely. They were hollow. "I am no ones babysitter." Now that surprised me. Kylie has always been caring and sweet. What the hell is up with her?

"It's an order Kylie". I wanted to say that it really wasn't necessary but she walked away.

Mark came to my side pretty quick. He threw an arm around my shoulders. He didn't say anything, but his action was very comforting. We walked together til we reached the cabin.

I know that whoever that was, knows a lot about me, what bothers me the most is that what he said is true. He truly knows more things about me than I know myself.

"Don't let his words stop you, he might know things about you, but he doesn't know who you are or what you are yet to become." I smiled at him and he returned it. Mark has some familiar features. Like his jawline, nose, and eyes. He kind of looks like my dad. Shrugging the weird thoughts I asked him if he knew what is bothering Kylie. He said that she returned like that from her date last night. Which can only mean one thing.

After about an hour all the wolves returned. Including the alphas.

"Alexandra, training right now." That was all Marcus said. I took off my t shirt. Leaving me only in my jeans and sports bra. I looked up only to find Kristen smirking while checking me out.

"So pretty thing, was the girl from last night your mate?" Rolling my eyes I answered with a simple yes.

"Don't be so uptight, She was actually hot." This girl is making my blood boil and has no clue about it. I also knew she wanted to test my skills fighting.

"You haven't marked her yet, which means she is still not yours. Too bad, she looks like she is fun in bed." That's it. I swung to punch her but she dodge them like it was nothing. She smiled which only got me more angry.

Training went on like that. At the end I was exhausted. My whole body aches now. While she looks as if nothing had happened. She never hit me though, she told me how to strike punches. How to dodge them, and how to kick. Tomorrow will be more serious.

"Hey, I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I was only trying to get you mad." Her blue eyes held sincerity. I just nodded.

"Besides I find you much hotter." She winked at me and left. I smiled and lightly blushed at her words.

"You're pathetic". Kylie was staring at me.

"What's your problem with me? You have been acting like a total bitch." Before I knew it her fist hit my face making me fall to the floor. Damn that hurt like a bitch. I wiped the blood from my mouth. I have a clue of what is happening to her, maybe is best if she gets her anger out somehow.

I waited for her to get near me, when she did I kicked her leg making her fall forward as she did, I hit her with my knee that connected straight with her nose. All the guys started to surround us with amuzed smiles. She turned on her back, there was blood coming out from her nose. Her eyes were glowing an intense yellow and right in that moment I knew I was fucked.

"Is that the best you can do?" She spat. Oh boy. She began to throw punches wich luckily I missed. What I didn't miss was the kick she threw, hitting me right on my chest. I pretty much went flying back. The air was completely knocked out of my lungs. My vision was blurred, I could only see black spots. I am a total idiot, but this is my way of helping her out, I guess.

"You really think you can defeat me, I am the fucking beta of this pack." She picked me up by the neck, my legs hanging in the air.

"Kylie that's enough let her go". Said someone, maybe Raven or Bria. I closed my eyes tight, but something started to happen, like an adreanline coursing through my body, I couldn't feel the pain from earlier anymore. She pinned me to a tree, I knew she was going to punch me once more. My feet were still in the air. Just as her fist was going to connect with my face, I opened my eyes and grabbed her fist, stopping it. She looked into my eyes and her heart beat accelerated, everyone gasped when I twisted her fist. She dropped me and I stopped. I could feel her pain, it was somehow good to feel it. It made me feel powerful.

"You will never lay a hand on me again". I said my voice was different, it was confident, it radiated power with strength. She was breathing hard. "I know what happened last night, that doesn't mean you get to treat the pack members like shit, you will respect each of us, and let your personal problems aside, your job is to protect, nothing else." With that I Iet go of her hand. Everyone was looking at me like I had grown another head. My eyes color returned to normal and my body calmed more. At first I just wanted for her to let her anger out, but once she turned into a complete bully, I turned into one as well. No one will ever fucking push me around anymore.

As I took a shower my thoughts were very loud. Asking what on earth is happening to myself. I was getting annoyed so I just got out. Putting on sweat pants and a baggy t shirt.

I really like my small room in the cabin. It's different from what I'm used to, somehow it is more comforting.

Drying my hair with the towel I got out of the bathroom.To my surprise Kristen was sitting on my bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you". She said eyeing me closely.

"Well go on then, I'm all ears". She took a breath before continuing.

"What you did back there was very impresive, you pretty much inflicted dicipline on one of the members of your pack, not just any member, but to a beta. You left everyone with their mouth hanging open. I have heard the rumors going on about you being a possible alpha, I didn't think it was possible, not until now. With Mark I don't feel that authority, and I'm sure people are starting to see more of an alpha in you that in Mark. I don't know whats going on around here, but either you don't belong in this pack or they are hiding things from you."

"What can they possibly be hiding Kristen?" She stood up from the bed. Her eyes searching for something in mine. I gulped which caused her to smile slightly.

"I don't know, you should be careful though, sometimes things aren't what they seem." She kissed the corner of my mouth softly before leaving me alone with so many thoughts. It's weird that with Kristen my wolf is silent. It's like she's not there. Not like with I'm with Cassidy, she's practically always yelling at me to love her or telling me how stupid I am for not making further moves on her. With Cassidy she just wants to claim her, let the whole world that she is ours. I smiled at the thought of Cassidy, which speaking off I have to go see, all I did was leave her a note saying I was going out for a run.

As I opened the door, Kylie was standing there ready to knock. We looked at each other but she broke the staring contest first.

"Can we talk?" I nodded, standing on the side to allow her to come inside my room. Once she did I closed the door. I know how much trouble she is having right now.

"I was way out of line Alex, I dared to hit with anger a member of my pack, you were right and I'm sorry for laying my hands on you that way". She was looking down the small window of the room.

"Kylie, I know you're hurting right now. Your reaction was normal, maybe you took it out with people who had nothing to do with it but I understand what it feels like to have so many emotions bottled up, I forgive you, that wasn't you". I heard her start to sob. It broke my heart to see her this way. She is always so full of life and energized. She turned around. Tears running down her face.

"She broke up with me Alex, I lost the one thing that was finally mine only. The one thing that made me complete, the one person who made me feel alive, I lost the love of my life". I hugged her tight, letting her let all her emotions out.

"Penelope is just scared Kylie. She has always been afraid of what she doesn't know. I am pretty sure you haven't lost her, she changed so much thanks to you Ky. She needs time to get used to it, don't give up on you guys."

"What if she doesn't want me for real Alex? What if she can't handle the fact? I'm so tired of losing people. They always leave me". She sobbed louder. Come to think of it Kylie has been the one who has had it the hardest.

"Give it time Kylie, being hard on yourself won't fix anything. You'll see everything will work out. Besides I would never leave you, nor any of the pack". She looked at me, her blue eyes a lighter color. Wiping her tears she gave me a smile.

"Thanks". I just nodded returning the smile.

"I will be attending your school, starting tomorrow, I want a change besides Marcus made me".

"That's awesome Kylie, now we get to be all together of course except Raven that attends college".

"Yeah, I hope Penelope doesn't think I am ostigating her, the desicion was made before the break up".

"She will like to see you around, she will pretend for a few days but she will come around, Now not to be rude but I kind of need to leave cause I basically left Cassidy saying I was going for a run and it's been like ten hours".

We both got out of my room and head downstairs. I said my goodbyes to everyone before leaving. Nicko offered me a ride cause of the accident from earlier.

I rang the doorbell of Cassidy's home. I heard people laughing and talking which means everyone is here. Molly opened the door.

"Oh, Hi Alex, Cassie is upstairs go ahead". With a quick thanks I entered the house hearing Molly mumble a good luck.

"Hey Alexandra dear, are you joining us for dinner?" Cassie's mom asked politely.

"I don't want to intrude". I responded shyly. I think Cassidy might be upset. Not to mention her mom knows about us.

"Nonsense sweetie, go upstairs Cassidy is in her room, she has been moody today".

"Thanks Anna". With a smile I went upstairs. Taking long breaths, suddenly I am even sweating. I knocked on her door, with no response from her. I focused my hearing and heard her earphones playing Born to die by Lana del Rey. I entered her room slowly. She looked at me taking off her earphones.

"Where have you been Alexandra Halsey? I was worried sick you just left a note saying you were going for a run at six in the morning and it's four in the afternoon." I smiled at how cute she looks pissed off.

"I caught up with Kylie". Was my short response. She was about to say something else but I layed on top of her, kissing her ever so softly. I have missed her. We parted lips, smiling like a fool I rested my head in the crook of her neck. Inhaling her sweet calming scent.

"I love you". I whispered. She brought me closer. Staying silent. I know she still needs adjusting so I won't force her. She will say it when she's ready.

"Do you want to go to my house so you can meet my dad a day of this week?" I asked. We have never brought it up but I know that he is dying to meet her.

"It would be my pleasure". We stayed like that for the longest of time. I was actually falling asleep. Of course that's before the door burst open. Making me jump. Cassie pulled me back into her arms.

"Girls umm.. dinner is ready". Oh my god it was Mr. Scott. "We will be down in a minute dad. He closed the door.

"It's time he knows the truth". She gave me one last kiss before we made our way downstairs.

We got in our seats, like usual now, I was between both sisters. Mr. Scott was looking between me and Cassidy, on the other hand Mrs. Scott was smiling at the both of us. I took a bite of the Lasagna that by the way tastes like heaven.

"So Cassie baby, is there anything you wish to share?" Mr.Scott said while taking a bite of his food. I swallowed hard. Cassidy's hand found mine and she hold onto it, which made a small smile appear on my face.

"Dad, Alex and I are dating now, she's my girlfriend." I looked at Mr. Scott, he didn't seem mad, or anything. That's a bonus for us.

"When did this relationship started?"

"We made it official yesterday". After a long pause he cleared his throat. It felt like hours.

"Well, If my baby girl is happy then there is nothing I would do to ruin that, You have my blessing Alexandra, welcome to the family." My wolf jumped with joy, Cassidy's smile was genuine just like the one her parents are showing.

"Thank you Sir, It means a lot". He nodded and smiled back.

"Lets talk about rules now, I only have one, which I hope you guys respect. NO having sex in the house, at least not if Anna and I are home." I almost choked with the wine, Cassidy and Molly were laughing pretty hard, but my face couldn't get any redder.

The rest of the meal went by quite quickly. At ten I decided that it was late already so I headed home. On my way there I looked through the passenger window and saw many figures running. They howled and run with joy. Like the night is theirs. A shade of red caught my eye, Marcus kept running while looking at my car. I didn't even had to stop the car or slow down since they are so fast. My entire being filled with an unexpected sadness, my wolf was silently crying. I know how much she wants to get out, I want it too. The few times I have shifted are painful, so painful. I never thought that one person could handle so much pain, but after the transformation I feel free. It is a beautiful feeling. Mark's words kept ringing in my ear. Some wolves may find the wheel to shift without pain, while others never do. The thought scared me, I was really trying to find the key to my freedom, without luck. I didn't want to admit it, but slowly that hope was leaving, replaced with dissapointment and also a little bit of anger. There is just too much going on right now. I wish I knew who my mother is. She is the only one that could explain everything that is happening. Maybe she even has the key I look for so much, but she doesn't care. She just left. Never I have even seen her. Of course I saw the pictures of her with dad as a teenager, but that isn't enough. There is also a big feeling inside of my chest that only seems to get bigger. Something big is coming, I know that the rogues won't stay down. Especially if they have found a way to shift back to human form.

I just wish I knew the answers.

Kristen's POV

"Mariah, come here" I called my best friend through mind link. In two seconds she was there.

"How much do you know about, Alexandra?" She gave me a curious look before she answered.

"Well, I know that she is Grayson Halsey's daughter, she has no other siblings for all I know and she has never met her mother". I pinched the bridge of my nose. This is getting frustrating.

"Why are you so curious about her?" I looked at Mariah and sighed. She is my best friend, more like sister.

"Don't you think it's a little odd everything that is going on?

"What exactly is going on Kris?"

"The rogues, coming here now. They are stronger than ever, they have targeted Alex since the begining, she is just too oblivious. Not to mention that Marcus is hiding something, I know he is."

"Kris, that is none of your business, stay out of it."

"But aren't you curious? You saw the power she possess, You also heard what the rogue told her, I just know that Mark isn't the next in line to be alpha. I only feel him as a beta. Not like with Alexandra, she radiates power when she talks."

"Kristen, if Joseph finds out we were there while the rogue were following Alex, we will be screwed since we didn't called for help, and yes you are right I am curious, but I don't think it's my place to question Marcus, he is the alpha of the strongest pack in America, he must have his reasons."

"I can't just let it go". I said with a sigh.

"You like her don't you?" My eyes adverted to Mariah. "She is cute, It's hard to not find her attractive".

"Kristen she has a mate, don't ruin that for her just because you want a night with her". I laughed at her words she is the last person who should be saying this to me.

"Mariah, don't you dare tell me all that crap, you slept with Raven two nights ago, she is Mark's mate and you know that." Her brown eyes filled with sadness and suddenly I felt bad.

"It's different, you know she is my mate even though no body knows."

"You should had fought for her, you just let her get away."

"She chose him Kristen, I couldn't really compete with her true Mate."

"A mate who didn't appreciate her and ran after another girl who has a boyfriend, you know damn well he still loves the other girl, fight for her Marie, she doesn't know how to feel around you because your conection is very strong yet her senses are shut down when it comes to you, wake her feelings up, make her see that you are her mate as well, fuck Mark." A light smile appeared on her face. I know that determined look so well, It makes me proud.

Now all I have to do is find out what is going on around Marcus pack.

Please comment and vote it would mean a lot to me to hear about your opinions. Thanks to the ones who always do vote and the ones who have kept reading my book as well. I love you guys all. Sorry for any mistakes.

Lots of love Karie★

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 13.8K 26
Being a hunter and a werewolf at the same time, does not always work out. For instance when you meet your mate. Upon meeting your other half you shou...
6.1M 147K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
610K 25.8K 33
**Unedited** Rule number one: do not get attached. It was a simple rule, really, one Jada Warren had no doubt she could follow effortlessly. After a...
585K 15.4K 16
Sky Summers is the daughter of Damon and Dana Summers, Alpha and Lunar of the Blue Moon Pack.She is a smarty, sporty girl that goes to White Waters H...