Written Agreement (Kid x Read...

By MasclaraReign

You're a Charlotte while he's a crackhead---I mean he's a Eustass. You were doing just fine and had a great c... More

C1: Married To A Redhead
Chapter 2: Annoying
Chapter 3: Plan
ANNOUNCEMENT!
C5: First Report
C 6: Written Agreement History
C7: What If's
C8: Scratchmen Apoo
C9: Punishment Day
C10: Lunch Date?
C11: Liar
C12: Dinner Disaster
C13: Betrayals
C14: Bonney
C15: Café
C16: Gift
C17: Heat
C18: Conscience
C19: It Ended So Fast
Author's BS
C20: Lost
C21: Brawl
C22: Meeting
C23: Shattered
C24: Papers
C25: Clarification
C26: Visit
C27: Last Race
Author's BS
Final Chapter
Your Comment

Chapter 4: VIP Room

409 24 13
By MasclaraReign

You came down early from your room, all dressed up and ready to go. Kid, on the other hand, just woke up and is preparing for his coffee.

When he heard your footsteps, he went to the kitchen entrance to find you holding your bag and coat already as you pass by heading to the main door. You can sense him watching you with his intimidating face but you didn't care until you went outside the door. The previous argument with him is still fresh from memory.

Making your way to your car parked in front of the house, the front door opened once again.

"Hey! Where are you going in this early morning. Your office hour starts at 8 am, it's still 6 in the morning?" Kid asked with a furrowed non-existent brows while standing in front of the house. You didn't bother to turn around and continue walking until you opened the door to the driver sit. You placed your things first inside and looked at Kid, crossing his arms in his chest and raising a brow. Grumpy as the Grumpy of the seven dwarfs, except he's no dwarf in height.

"Well, is there something wrong with working early?" You raised a brow too.

"No..."

"Then...I'm going, bye." You crouched a little to enter your car only to pause when you heard him muttered something before closing the door.

"Tss, just be safe cuz you're an idiot driver."

"Tss, what an idiot ass."

--

You sat lazily on your swivel chair and turn round and round slowly in a slouch sitting position. Nami was on the couch on the center of your office while eating tangerines along with Robin next to her.

"Why don't we hire someone to pretend to flirt with him?" You asked, your eyes are glued to your gray ceiling.

"No, that's not a good idea." Robin said.

"Why not?"

"Because...they might end up together, who knows." Nami answered. You sight and stopped your chair from turning. You sat up straight and went closer to your table to place your elbows above it.

"Who cares if they end up together, that only means he's not worthy of being my partner and I'll win his shares from the Eustass family." You said.

"Let's just continue to hire someone who can watch him, like a paparazzi." Robin recommended.

"Why so?" You asked.

"If you hire someone to flirt with him, you're not sure if they're Kid's type and it's easily busted. If you hire paparazzi, you can get more authentic evidence if he's cheating or not in the marriage." Robin explained.

"Oooohhhh, you're right." You were just amazed by her.

"Okay, then let's call Team Morgans News." Nami said.

She called the president of the news paper in town which is Morgan. He is a friend and had a partnership with your family. Nami and Robin are also the model advertiser of their team so it would be nice and easy to get a little help from team Morgans News.

And as expected, Morgans agreed to work for you starting tomorrow. The job is to watch Kid anywhere he goes, see if there is something suspicious and obtain pictures.

"I hope we're not going over the boundaries just for you to get rid of him." Nami told you.

"Pfft, we're not. That's the reason why you two are here, to give your opinions about this plan of mine." you smiled.

"I do like that you asked for opinions but... is this really to get rid of him? or you just want to assure yourself that he is not cheating on your marriage?" Robin asked the most interesting question that made the surroundings silent for a while.

"Like I care about him. I'm done playing nice." You said carefree but there's something deep within your mind where Robin's question keeps repeating.

The phone rang beside you, getting you out of your thoughts. The screen showed Sanji's name calling.

"Yo, what's up?" You asked.

"Hel...loooo" Sanji's voice is a little different and his pronunciation is similar to a person with clogged nose.

"Are you alright?" You asked.

"Yeah, just little fever"

"Oh, I see. Why did you call? Need someone there?"

"No, my sister Reiju is taking care of me. I just wanted you to attend a reservation. Since I'm sick, my reservation will go to waste. You can go with your husband, might as well unwind."

"You know I'm not in good terms with my so-called husband."

"Yeah, but just take it. It'll be this coming Tuesday and I don't think I can make it." Sanji sneezes after talking.

Another idea pops into your mind. You smirked while looking at the girls and they knew already what you have in mind.

"Okay, okay. I'll talk to Kid. Thank you Sanji."

----

A day before tuesday, you decided it's the right time to speak to your husband. You have decided not to back out from the plan anymore.

You came over to the Eustass' building just to talk to your husband in person. You wanted to make sure he'll agree with your invitation while your other friends prepare for the plan.

Upon stepping inside the building, every single employee who sees you stood straight to the side.

"Good Morning Mrs. Eustass." They greeted you in unison which surprised you so much. This is your first time to visit the Eustass building so it confused you why they act like that. Even the employees who just came by had stopped, stood straight to the side and greeted you.

You had nothing to say but greet them back awkwardly. Their action is different to the Charlotte's employees because they greet casually, not something like this. The Eustass employees greeted you as if they're a soldier.

"Oh, what a surprise." Wire greeted you, he was about to go out when he saw you entering the building.

"Hello, Wire. I was wondering if your brother Kid is here?"

"Yeah, wait a minute." Wire called a nearby guard and asked him to guide you to your husband's office.

Arriving at Kid's office door, you can already hear his loud metallic music. The volume increased when the guard opened the door, showing Kid assembling miniature cars on top of his office table.

He was taken a back upon seeing you since it was unexpected for you to come by. He turned off his music as the gaurd let you enter before closing the door.

"I thought I saw a ghost." He commented with a bored tone, resuming on what he was doing.

You ignored his attempt to get on your nerves and went straight forward.

"I came by to say Sanji called and said he has a vip room reservation at Blackbeard's bar but he got sick and the others are busy." You started.

"And?" Kid encouraged you to speak further.

" He said you can have the reservation, that's a good time for you and your friends or brothers to unwind a bit."

"What about you and your lady friends?" He's still not interested about the whole bar plan.

"True but I need to attend a meeting with mama on Wednesday, I can't afford to have a hang over. Plus, the reservation includes unlimited sake and wine." You hope it could convince him. He glance at you and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, as long as it's okay for you if I come home late or Wednesday morning."

"Yes it's fine if it's Wednesday morning. You can't drive if you're drunk. Besides, it's a vip room, guests are allowed to sleep there."

His brows furrowed as he looks at you with suspicions. To avoid being obvious, you hmm and crossed your arms in your chest, looking at him in your usual bored expression.

"Fine, I'll call my partners then."

In your head, you wanted to scream 'yes!'. He finally agreed and it's time for you to move.

Kid thought that was weird, coming over his office to tell him about the reservation when you could've just called him or talked to him at home.
__________

Everything is set, the computer, the audio bug, the hidden cameras and the surprise. It is all thanks to one of your great friends, Franky. Stalking is not his usual thing to do but decided to help a friend in need of such expertise in technology.

In order to prevent suspicions inside the VIP room, Franky has only placed one small camera on the upper left corner facing them. The only important thing is to make the audio clear so he placed one under each sit and one under the table.

After waiting for a while, Kid arrived with 4 familiar companions. You knew their faces but not their names since you only saw them once during the wedding.

One has Mohican hair and glasses, the other one has a blond long hair, the other has an irregular length of arms while the other has blue clean cut hair.

All of you sat on the couch to face the screen and observe them.

"I didn't know he's close friends with Hawkins and Apoo." Robin said.

"Who's who?" You asked.

"The blonde one is Hawkins, the long armed one is Apoo." She replied.

"Well, well, well, hahahah my brother from another mother is also his friend huh." Franky commented. Nami moved from his sit to face Franky.

"Wait...Iceburg?" Nami sounded so shocked and excited.

"Yup"

"Wow, he's big time...is he looking for a partner?" Nami smirked.

"Too late hahaha, his secretary is on the move." Franky laughed while Nami pouted and slouched on the sit, losing her chance to a wealthy man.

Few minutes have passed, Kid and his friends are still talking about business, cars and random stuff. They were also passing the mic for the Karaoke but Apoo does most of the singing. When it was Kid's turn, he chose one of the songs from Linkin Park. You didn't expect him to have a nice voice since it's the first time you heard him sing.

"Y/n." Nami called

"Y/n? Something wrong?" Robin tapped your shoulders. You didn't realize you were too drawn from Kid's voice.

"Nothing." You replied.

"Will we call the girls now?" Nami asked. You nodded then she dialed her phone to call the staff downstairs. She shortly turned it off and said they're coming upstairs.

On the screen, you all watch Mohawk opening the door and was surprised to see five girls carrying wines and sake on each hands. He asked Kid if he invited them over but he said no. The Leader of the girls explained that it is part of the reservation to have a host inside the VIP room.

"Tch, typical Sanji. No wonder he's single." Kid rolled his eyes.

"They dolled up for tonight, don't let their beauty go to waste." Apoo convinced them.

The others didn't argue with him and let the girls come in. The leader made her way to sit beside Kid as instructed earlier while the others went to the other guys except for Iceburg who immediately declined a girl companion. Iceburg told the girl she is pretty but he's already taken. The girl accepted his reason and went to join Apoo and the other girl.

However, Kid didn't decline the leader who sat so close to him. As they were having a little conversation, something inside you seems to tighten negatively. It got worst when the leader leaned forward to him with her chest touching Kid's arm and hooking her arm to his. She whispered something that was not audible to anyone around them except for the audio bug that Franky planted on their sit beforehand.

"Hey, wanna hang out later?" the girl whispered, making sure that it is audible for the audio bug.

"Where?" Kid took a shot of the drinks that is served on the later.

"My place." The girl tilted her head to meet Kid's gaze as he smirked with a knowing look. He knew what she meant by her invitation.

"Woah." Franky scoffed upon the scene.

"I knew it, Robin I think I won." Nami said confidently while watching Kid smirked at the lady. Nami and Robin had a little bet before tonight. Nami said Kid will hook up with the leader while Robin believes that Kid will remain loyal to the agreement and marriage. As you were watching at the screen, it feels like Nami is right about her prophecy.

Robin was about to take a money from her purse but paused.

"Wait... I think I can still save my money from you Nami."

From the screen, Kid laughed like crazy.

"Oi Mohawk, wanna hook up with this girl?" He pointed to the Leader sitting closely beside him.

"Hey, I was asking you." The leader pouted on him placing her hands on Kid's chest.

"I'm married." Kid waved his hand with a ring on it. You eyes widened and thought you heard the audio wrong.

"Then why are you here?" the leader questioned.

"My wife's friend was supposed to have this reservation, but he's sick. My wife wanted me to unwind so she let me attend the reservation, that's all."

The leader didn't lose hope, she leaned again placing her chin on Kid's shoulder while her hand is tracing circles on his clothed chest.

"Come on, let's just take a leave. It's still unwinding on a different level." She purred with a seductive voice. Kid leaned towards her face with only one inch distance then look down and back to her eyes.

"You heard me, I said I'm married so why don't you fuck someone else. Maybe Hawkins would want you." He grinned dangerously while his hand gestured towards Hawkins. The leader sensed danger from the way he grinned so she leans back, removing her chin on his shoulders and her hand from his chest.

"I don't want any diseases." Hawkins commented in a bored tone.

"Hey! I am clean." The leader shot back. Hawkins' words really pissed her off. In the end, Hawkins apologized to her and invited her to sit beside him since he knew Kid had already declined her. The leader took it professionally and sat beside Hawkins, accepting his apologies.

"I won." Robin smiled. Nami gave out a tired groan before giving her money to Robin instead. On the other hand, you can't explain why you're sensing a relief after Kid decline the girl. Wasn't it your plan to catch him hooking with someone else so you can win the agreement?

You're supposed to feel annoyed right now but no. It's relief.

Kid and his companions went back on talking about their next step in their business. That has been their topic for the past hours until they decided to call it a night.

"Wha? I thought he'd stay the night here." You panicked, not expecting him to go home tonight.

"Shit, y/n, you have to go home earlier than him." Nami panicked.

"You go now, we'll clean the set up here." Franky said.

"Awe, thank you very much guys."

"Hurry before he catches you." Robin smiled. You are very thankful for having them in your life.

---

Waiting for the coffee to be brewed, you stood there staring in to nothingness as your mind wander about what happened last night.

Suddenly, the chair moved behind and startled your soul.

" Shi--" You turned around immediately out of shock and saw Kid with his usual grumpy look, disheveled hair, crumpled shorts and was barefoot. He raised a non-existent brow on your reaction.

"What? You look like you've seen a ghost." He commented lazily on your shocked face as he sits down and leaned to place his face on the table.

"That's because I didn't notice you there, idiot." You said.

"Tch, idiot." He sounded sleepy and lazy.

The coffee is already done so you poured it into your mug. Pausing for a while, you decided to ask him if he want one.

"Yeah." was his simple answer.

You placed his mug near him as he lazily lifted his head from the table to have some coffee. Judging from how he looks, he's not fully awake for the day.

"How's last night?" You asked. He averted his gaze and looked at you for a good moment with a furrowed brows.

"That's new." Kid said.

"What's new?" You asked confusingly.

"You never asked me about how I've been without being angry."

"You never asked about how I've been too without being mad." You said calmly, looking at your reflection from your coffee mug.

He sighed and leaned back to his sit, realizing it's true. Both of you have never asked about each other's life outside the house or how each other's day went. Maybe it's because of too much bickering back and forth and avoiding to deal with one another which became a barrier for communication and understanding.

You thought he wouldn't tell you anything but to your surprise, he started talking. He told you about last night and even about the girls who arrived to their room. Little did he know, you were watching him from the other side last night.

"She even insisted after I said I had a wife." He said. You can't help but laugh at his grimacing expression while telling you the story. That laugh was genuine and it's the first time he made you laugh like that without you realizing it too.

Kid felt a warmth rising to his face as he stares at you. It was good for him when you got distracted by a call on your phone, you weren't able to notice his cheeks starting to blush.

While you were talking to your phone, he's silently eavesdropping while sipping his coffee.

"Who's that?" He asked when the call ended.

"It's Cracker, he's flying to meet his love in the Philippines. I need to see him cuz he won't be around for a long time. So...I gotta go, bye." You stood and excitedly went to change to meet your brother.

When you disappeared, Kid felt something funny in his chest when you smiled at him. He furrowed his brows and held his chest, questioning himself about what he's feeling.

Is he sick? Who knows.

HAPPY MONTH OF LOVE EVERYONE!

Written date: February 02, 2023

Twitter: @Masclara17
Tiktok: @masclara17
Youtube: Masclara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.2K 14
"How do you feel about the marriage?" He asked her and her eye twitched ever so slightly. She looked straight into his eyes and smiled at him. "I hat...
10.9K 507 25
After years apart, Kid is reunited with you, his first love since childhood. You flaunt yourself in front of him, reminding him of why he wanted you...
118K 4.8K 29
(Y/N) has had anxiety for basically her whole life; crowds of people make her feel sick to her stomach, meeting new people makes her fidgety and unco...
84 0 6
The pic for the cover was from pinterest, so if the artist sees this (probably not) Please let me know, this art is beautiful! (*clears throat* anywa...