~College~ ||Byler||

By gingerbyler

DISCONTINUED!! Mike and Will get to share a dorm while going to the college called 'Yale'. This contains spoi... More

A/N
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

2

329 10 69
By gingerbyler

-Mike-

Will and I were watching the tv. I felt Wills head fall on my shoulder. I looked down to my shoulder. He had his eyes closed. He really was tired. I looked back at the tv before an idea came into my mind. I gently pulled Will off me and lay him down on the couch before he fell to the side. I walked up to the front door where he placed the bags. I grabbed the bags and went into his room.

I sat the books down and put my hands on my hips while looking around the room finding ideas to decorate the stuff he bought. I looked inside the bag and grabbed the two posters from The Clash. I've heard of them before, they're good. I unrolled one poster and grabbed the double sided tape we bought for the posters. I put the tape on each corner of the poster and sticked it next to the window. Not straight a bit sideways. I thought that looked better. I did the same to the other poster but above his desk.

I totally forgot the pinboard that was standing against the wall by the front door. I walked out of Wills room I looked at him. He changed his sleeping position. I smiled a bit and grabbed the pinboard. I walked back to his room. I went back out of the room to go to the small storage room we had. I grabbed the hammer and two nails. I don't even know why I have them. I went back to his room and closed the door. I hammered the two nails in the wall above is bed at the good length. I grabbed the pinboard and hung it up. I looked at it and smiled proudly.

I walked back to the bags and looked inside the smaller one. I grabbed the pins and put them on his desk. Then I sat one fake plant on his desk considering they're small. And the other on his window stool.

I went back to the bags and grabbed the book I bought for him. I set it on the top shelf. I sat it on an angle against the side so it won't fall.

We didn't buy anything more so I was done. I looked around. It was great. I just missed one thing. I went out of his room and went to mine. I grabbed a camera from my bookshelf and now heading to Will still asleep. I kneeled down next to his face. Turning the camera around making a pose and clicked the button. I hoped Will wouldn't wake up from the flash or the sound it made when printing. I thought it was pretty funny. I snickered to my idea and went to the kitchen counter and set it on there, letting it dry so I can hang it up later.

I looked at the clock. 5:30. I could make dinner. I went to look inside the cabinets looking for something I can make. Pancake mix. That's something I can do. I grabbed it. I looked at the picture. It was almost dry. I grabbed the eggs, the milk and the butter. When I finished setting everything up on the counter the picture was dry.

I picked it up and looked at it. I snickered again since it as a pretty funny picture. I walked over to Wills room and grabbed a pin from his desk. I pinned the picture in the top left corner also a but sideways. I looked from a distance and smiled proudly going back to the kitchen.

-Will-

I opened my eyes to the smell of.. pancakes? I didn't even realize I fell asleep. I stood up and rubbed my eyes while walking to the kitchen. Mike looked at me and smiled.

"Well hello their sleepy head." Mike said while looking at me.

"Oh shut it. When did I fall asleep?" I asked.

"Almost right after I sat down."

"Oh sorry."

"Will." I looked at Mike. He looked at me like I should be knowing what he ment. Then it hit me.

"Oh sorry, no sorry, shit sorry, fuck!" I raised my voice at 'fuck' then I laughed at myself. I looked at Mike and he laughed a bit.

"You made pancakes?" I asked him while looking down at the plates with three pancakes each.

"Yeah I did. I was about to clean up. I guess I can do it later since your awake now." He looked at me and gave me a smile back.

"I can help you after?"

"No, I have to show you something later." I looked at him in confusion.

"You'll see later." I raised my eyebrows for a second and went to sit on the dining table. He sat the plate in front of me and himself and went to sit down next to me. I looked at the plate. I'm not a fan of eating in front of people. I looked at Mike and he already started eating. I grabbed the fork and the knife and began eating.

Mike was done so he stood up and put the plate on the counter. He then came back to sit next to me. I looked at my plate. I wasn't even halfway done. Mike went to sit next to me and just waited. I felt even more uncomfortable now since Mike was now looking at me. He cleared his throat.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked me.

"No, I'm fine, I just- don't worry about it." I looked at him and gave him a smile. He just looked concerned. I cleared my throat.

"You can already start cleaning I'm fine." I said hoping he'd go.

"Okay." he answered. He stood up and went to the kitchen. I sighed in relief and looked down at my plate. I grabbed another piece to my mouth and ate it.

When Mike came back from the kitchen I just got past halfway the plate. I didn't feel like eating anymore, so I stood up.

"I'm sorry Mike, it was really good, I'm just not really a fan of-" I cut myself off before exposing myself.

"A fan of what?" shit. There's no turning back now. It won't be that bad. I hope.

"Eating." I said silently.

"That's fine. Now I know I won't have to put as much food on your plate than on mine." he said with a smile. I smiled back.

"Okay, now I need to show you something." Mike said. Oh, right. I completely forgot about that.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Go to your room." he said with a smile. I frowned and went to my room. He decorated the stuff I bought. It looked good. I turned around and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"So, do you like it?

"Like it? It looks really good Mike. Of course I like it." It wasn't much but it was still something. I went further inside my room. I looked at the pinboard and frowned. I think Mike noticed because he snorted behind me. I slowly walked to the pinboard and looked at the picture.

"You didn't!" I said loudly. I turned to look at him with my mouth wide in a sarcastic offense.

"I thought it'll be funny." he said while putting his hand up in defense. I laughed a bit.

"I do admit. It is kind of funny but you'll pay for this." I said with a serious tone. He smirked at me.

"And how would you do that?"

"You'll see." I said while smirking at him.

"Oh, I forgot. Lucas, one of my friends. He's throwing a party in his appartement. Do you want to go with me?"

"A party?" I had never been to a party. Considering I've never had a friend.

"Yeah like people getting drunk and loud music and shit like that." No way I'm not going near anyone drunk.

"No way, I just got here." I said while both my hands in front of me and backing away.

"I promise you I won't drink anything. I'll be with you the whole time." I hope he does what he just said.

"Uh, yeah sure. Yolo I guess." he smiled at me.

"Yeah, yolo." he repeated.

. . .

Mike knocked on my bedroom door.

"Ready to go?" he said on the other side of the door. I stood up and opened the door. Mike was standing right in front of me. I had to look a bit up to look at his eyes.

"Yeah, I think so." I responded.

"Alright then, let's go." he said while walking to the front door. I followed behind him. We walked to the front door and went to the top floor. I was nervous. I fiddled with the sleeve of my long sleeved shirt.

"It's gonna be okay, I'll be with you." Mike said. I looked at him and he gave me a smile. I smiled nervously back.

When we entered the top floor the music could already be heard. I stood still.

"You coming?" Mike asked me when he turned to me.

"I- I don't know."

"Come on it'll be fun." he said while sticking his hand out for me to grab. I hesitated a bit but grabbed his and anyways.

We walked into the appartement.

"Come on my friends are there!" Mike shouted to me above the music and then he led me by my hand to his friend. They sat at a couch. It was a place where you could sit and talk normally.

"Hey, guys this is my new roommate I was talking about." Mike said while letting go of my hand. I wanted to grab his hand again so I won't lose him. It is kind of weird though.

A dark skinned boy stood up and a curly haired one behind him. Jane and Max stayed seated. They already met me so I'm not surprised.

"William right?" the dark skinned boy asked me while sticking his hand out to me to shake. I shook it.

"Call me Will." I said and smiled. I tried not to seem nervous.

"I'm Lucas." the dark skinned boy said.

"And I'm Dustin, nice to meet you." the curly headed boy said. I think Mike noticed I was nervous, because he tapped my hand. I turned around to look at Mike.

"You okay?" he asked me in a tone only I could hear. I put my lips in a tin line and forced a smile while nodding.

"Here have my drink, I'll get a new one." Lucas said while handing me a red cup. I looked in it. It was a red liquid. I have no idea what this is so I just took a sip to try. The liquid didn't burn my throat so it had no alcohol in it. At least I think so. Dad always told me alcohol gave you a burning feeling in your throat. It tasted good. When Lucas came back I decided to ask him where he got it.

"Hey Lucas? Where did you get this drink?" I asked him.

"In that punch bowl over there." he pointed to the kitchen. I looked at the bowl and nodded to him.

"Hey Mike I'm gonna go get some more of this." I said to Mike. Mike nodded.

"I'll be here." he said with a smile. I smiled back. I went to the kitchen while Mike went to sit on the couch.

. . .

-Mike-

"Do you think Will got lost or something?" Dustin said.

"I don't know." I answered truly.

"Don't you think he got drunk or something?" Max said then.

"No, I don't think so. He completely freaked out when I said drunk people." I told them. I stood up.

"I'm gonna go look for him." I said and I stood up.

I walked into the crowd. It's impossible to find him here. God this is gonna take long. I looked over to the bedroom and saw some guy pulling some girl into the room. Oh god no. I quickly looked away. Maybe the balcony. I walked to the balcony only to see some guys smoking. I decided to go to the kitchen. Yep there he was about to fill his cup with that punch again. I quickly walked to him. I saw him chug the whole cup empty. He filled it again. Oh shit. I particularly ran to him and before he decided to chug the cup again I grabbed it out of his hand.

"Hey, what was that fo- oh hi Mike." he said.

"Will, how many did you have?" I asked him.

"Uhm, I think four, no wait five, no seven, eight?" he said while counting on his fingers. He was definitely drunk.

"Will, you're drunk your sitting with me on the couch." I said while. pointing to my friends. He looked to there and then back at me.

"I'm not drunk. I only drank this." he said while pointing to the bowl.

"Will, I'm not stupid. If your drunk try walking to me on that tile line." I said while backing away a bit and pointing to the tile line.

"Okay." he said. He giggled as he tried to walk in a straight line.

"Okay Will, just walk to me don't focus on the line." I said, backing away a bit more. Will nodded and tried to walk to me. After his second step he tripped. I caught him right before he fell. I helped him back up straight. I put his arm around my neck and put my hand on his waist. He giggled uncontrollably. I helped him walk to my friends. I decided it will be better if we go back to the dorm

"Oh you found him." Jane said while I approached them.

"Yep, I did and now I'm going back to our dorm." I said while looking down at him. He was tracing the letters on my shirt with his free hand.

"He's adorable when he's drunk." Max said while looking at him. I just looked at her in disbelief.

"I'm going to take him back, he had like eight cups he said. He's so drunk he could pass out every second." I said.

"I'm not drunk. And I don't want to go." Will said while pulling away and looking at me with a mad face. He lost his balance once again. I held him before he fell again.

"You have to convince him to go with you. In my experience drunk people won't go that easily." Max said. I nodded at her.

"Come on Will we have to go." he shook his head. I was thinking of a way to convince him.

"If you come with me you can go and read that new book." I told him. His eyes lit up.

"Thank you!" he cheered and gave me a hug. I looked at my friends.

"What did you say to let him do that?" Max asked me while pointing to Will still hugging me.

"I told him he could read if he came with me." I said.

"He like's to read?" Lucas asks me.

"Yep." I answered him.

"I'm gonna go now though." I said while waving to them. They nodded.

I pulled Will away from the hug he was giving me. But he held me so tight I couldn't get away from it.

"I think you convinced him a bit too good." Jane said while chuckling. I managed to turn in the hug so he was side hugging me.

"This will do." I said to myself. I waved everyone goodbye and went to the door into the hallway. Will tripped a few times. He let the hug loose a bit. I could finally function normally. Will put his head against my shoulder as we stepped into the elevator. I pushed the 2nd floor button. I looked down to Will. He was struggling to keep his eyes open. The elevator dinged and the door went open. I pulled Will with me. He was barely awake anymore. We arrived at our dorm and I unlocked it and stepped inside. I didn't notice Will let go of me when I stepped inside. I turned around and Will immediately fell in my arms. I looked down at him. He had his eyes closed. Shit, now I either let him sleep on the floor or I have to carry him to his room. I looked at Wills room. Shit, the door was closed. I don't know where Will left his keys. I looked to my room. The door was wide open. I looked down at Will again. I'm not strong. Not at all. I'm tall and skinny. I slowly put my arm under Wills knees. I picked him up. He was very light to my surprise. I carried him to my room. I lay him down on my bed and took off his shoes. I pulled the covers underneath him and put it over him. I walked to my door. I turned around to look at him once more then I left the door open around two to three inches, so he won't think I locked him in there.

I walked over to the couch and decided I'll sleep on there. One night won't matter. I lay down and closed my eyes. I thought about how I have to care for Will tomorrow. He would have a huge headache. He had eight cups of punch. I can't blame him though. He said he didn't drink alcohol and said he only drank that punch. I don't think he noticed that punch considered alcohol.

A/N
My dad still didn't apologize for yesterday. I don't think he ever will. I laugh when I'm nervous so I laughed when he talked to me. He thinks I'm totally fine. He even tried reading this when I was writing it. I covered it and said it doesn't matter. Then he told me we don't have secrets for each other. Then I muttered under my breath. "I have a lot of secrets" he heard that. My excuse for writing this is that it is an english assignment. Oop.

Word count: 3032

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 239 27
SEQUEL TO 'KEEP IT BETWEEN US' SO READ THAT FIRST!!! (or don't idrc) Mike and Will are finally off to college, along with their other friends. Mike s...
17K 274 9
𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓 𝐓𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐱...
1.2K 138 18
"But when I'm- when I'm around you. . . God, I don't even know. It's like- I've never felt this way before. Like, ever." ✩-.. What happens when two s...
35.4K 935 7
five students, with different walks of life, who are in hawkins high school are stuck together in saturday detention for a whole day. what could poss...