KING

By LucyKiatu

KING KING is a underground lord who is known in many names GRIM REAPER : As many who have seen his face have... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
CHAPTER 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
CHAPTER 37
chapter 38
writer

chapter 3

14 3 0
By LucyKiatu

REMA POV

I got in the car but the kid was still standing outside staring at me with confusion.

"Aren't you getting in". I shout after lowering the passenger window.

"How did you get my keys". He asks as he gets in.

For someone who thinks i might kill him anytime he is surprisingly compliant.

I'd agree that he is smart because only few people have ever been able to form the connection between Victoria and King much less knowing the house location.

"King gave them to me".i reply as i start driving.

"When?,  How?" . He asks with disbelief but he seem lost in his own thoughts probably trying to remember.

I scoff. "He is fast, you never see him coming , no pun intended".

He frowns, before turning and focusing on the window.

"Rema".

"What?" . He turns with a confused look.

"My name is Rema". I clarify as i hum my favourite song.

Rolling his eyes, he glares at me. "So what?" . "You want to know the names of your victims before you kill them, for what? inorder to satisfy your dark soul".

This time i actually laugh." No actually, i don't learn the names of people i kill". "Names mean attachments".

"You do know that i am a detective right".

"Mmmh and i don't care. So tell me your name."

"I'd rather not". He answers and turn his head.

"Then I'll keep calling you pretty boy or honey". "Works well with me" .i say with a shrug.

"Do not call me that". he says with so much disdain as if i just offended him. "it's Lucian".

"Ooh lucy......cute".

"I said lucian not lucy". He growls

"Same difference". I wave him off. "What's your deal with king anyway".

"It's personal".

"Oh i believe you alright,  what i don't understand is why your still alive". I ask because i really don't and i hate being curious. " No offence". i add.

"Offence taken". He replies but doesn't make a move to explain.

That's ok, I'll just find another source of information. But i don't like silence and since he doesn't seem like he is in the mood for futher conversation i switch on the music.

To my utter suprise and horror instead of music an audio explaining about traditional medicines play.

I stare at it with pure disgust. Who even listens to such things in a car. More importantly who would want such boring messages engraved in their minds outside schools.

"Seriously lucy?" . I ask with a raised brow.

"Am not lu....". he begins to growl, but stop himself to take few breath. "My nephew likes learning".

Snickering i look at him amused, he so easy to annoy. "How old is our nephew".

"My nephew". "Mine". He objects with a glare.

"Jesus" ."Fine keep him all to yourself lucy".  " But give me directions to your place".

"Am not taking you....".

"Tough luck my friend . orders are to return you to your place , now we could round all day which is fine by me cause i don't have much to do anyways and i feel like you need my amazing company more and am too nice to turn you down".

"You could just leave me somewhere". 

"Yeah and have you try to break in again? . I mean not that i minded , i find it entertaining but most people won't i assure you".

"Take left turn".

"Gracias".

The entire ride is filled with me trying to annoy him for fun and him either ignoring me or giving me directions and soon we arrive at his place.

I whistle lowly. "Nice place lucy".

He grunts in returns and gets off. I decide to follow his lead but not before taking a flash that contain my favourite songs and placing it on his music box.

I don't think lucy can live without me anymore. I place the keys on his palm.

"Well try not to miss me". I wave and turn as i begin my journey back.

After half an hour i arrive in the mansion and head directly to baba's office but as soon as I touch the door handle i overhear i conversation.

"Why don't you just kill him". Baba says in his reserved voice.

"You know why?". King answers making me frown.

So there is more to this afterall.

Baba sighs. "Look i understand where you are coming from but he will become a bigger problem if we just let him do as he pleases and if word gets.........".

"I'll pay him a visit myself".  King objects with a stern tone.

And before i know it the door opens to reveal King and his infamous blank face. I swear this man knows how to mask emotions unlike me who uses humour.

I grin at him. He raises his brow in return.

"Aren't you going to move, i need to pass".

Oh i know, he knows i must have been here longer but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Sure, wanna practice shooting with me later".

He just hums in return.  And i take that as a yes. Stepping inside i close the door behind me.

"You guys were talking about lucian right". I ask as i take a sit opposite to his and sit comfortably.

"Yes and so?". Baba replies as he completely ignores my presence by concetrating on whatever he is doing

"Why is the kid still alive?. The king i know wouldn't let that happen"." At first i thought it's because he is pretty but then King's ex was much prettier and he is now six feet deep"." Yet this kid keeps causing trouble and survives" . I finish with a raised brow.

Finally i have his attention. We maintain eye contact for few seconds.

"He is the guardian and uncle of sun".

Sun?. "As in the kid we watch at that school in shifts". I lean forward with furrowed brows.

"Exactly what i said". He replies as he keep working on whatever he is working on.

I laugh. "Wow, it actually makes sense now"." Mmmmh interesting".

"That's classified inform.....".

"Ditto".

"And while we are at it. They will be a new shipment soon. You and jeff are involved in delivery".

"Sure".

********

LUCIAN POV .

I was already tired as it is. In between the beating,  and non futile efforts i had achieved from going there and  zake's outrage upon knowing i left without him.

Am beat up. But am afraid responsibility calls even when i just want to lie down.

I park at sun's school and get off. I am a bit late but that is nothing new .

What is new is the fact that sun isn't standing where he usually is, waiting for me. So i move around to check for him.

It has been half hour i have noticed and sun is yet to be found. Am already sweating,  tired ,upset, pissed above all scared shitless.

I call his teacher,  who informs me that a man had taken him earlier today. And my blood runs cold as different scenarios pass through.

I get in my car with trembling hands. The scenarios my mind offers gets more creative and scary as times goes by.

I reach on two conclusions. I will drive home and see if he is there. Incase he is  not.

I shall beg if i have to. Or i shall rain fire to whoever as much as touched him.

As soon as i reach the door at home i freeze. I can hear a lot of giggling (i don't think i ever heard sun giggle before). And another voice, thinking it's zake , maybe he took him and forgot to inform me.

That thought is immediately abandoned when i find King in my apartment with sun in his hands who looks quite delighted to be there.

And they seem to be drawing?. I stare in shock at them and the papers and pencils scattered around them.

I move my hands behind me to feel my Gun.

"Your back". "Welcome". King adress me with a smile like we are old buddies.

"Uncle ,uncle come see this." Sun exclaims happily still in his arms.

"Sun come here". I reply with a firm tone as i stare at king with narrowed eyes.

Sun bright smile dims. King looks at me with so much intensity that almost makes me weak. Almost.

"Don't be harsh, sun has spent his time drawing variety of pictures for you to see". He speaks in a calm voice....... "and just as i promised i took care of sun and i will keep taking care of him if we remain friends".he adds with a sardonic smile.

That's a threat. He is clearing asking me to back off or he will go after sun.

"He says he is your friend." Sun interupts our staring battle. "He is so much fun and cool." He continues animatedly......."you should come more often". Sun offers him.

And to be honest am uncomfortable, not only with the fact that i have King in my house, but more on how sun is reacting to his presence.

Not to say that sun is a depressed kid or anything.  He just likes to keep to himself and slow with strangers.

But he seems so happy right now that he is grinning from ear to ear as he seats on King's arms.

And as much as i want to fight him. I know i can't,  atleast not infront of sun and if i understood him well. Sun is safe for now that this is a warning.

"You guys arrange the pictures well and clear the place.....". i begin to say and at sun pouts. " I will look at them later". I assure him. "Now what about i cook you a mouth watering meal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 26.2K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
65.7K 3.3K 42
The Grim Reaper makes fun of death. He laughs at it's sight. He lives for it. However, an agreement has been made, decades ago, between Grim and God...
61.2K 2.6K 80
*This is the first from the King series* Payne, a cold blooded killer and a psychopath, who came on American grounds, for one reason. Revenge. Sadly...
15 2 12
Protagonist: A 16-year-old girl who has lost her memory due to an accident. Her house was burned and her parents killed. But she didn't remember a...