Imagine That - Don't Starve...

By dunkarino

Remember when those boyfriend scenario books were popular? Yeah I miss those. Here's a book chalk-full of tha... More

0 - Introduction
0.5 - Requests
1 - Crushing
2 - Love Languages
3 - Terms of Endearment
4 - Cuddling
5 - Kisses
6 - Flowers
7 - Injured
8 - Quirks
9 - Death
10 - Winter's Feast
12 - Sick Day

11 - Birthdays

231 6 2
By dunkarino

Clearing out my drafts :3

Wilson - April 23rd
——————
Wilson's birthday– if he even remembers it's his birthday— is celebrated sometime during mid-Spring. But he typically is so busy trying to maintain his scrapbook project or work on improving camp that he totally forgets it until after.

So it's a little out of left-field when you come up behind him, hugging him lightly and placing a plate of bacon and eggs and a few new, shiny tools next to him. Of course, he's incredibly appreciative!! Wilson's all bashful that you even thought to gift him something so precious; nobody's ever really cared about getting him things before.

However, it doesn't click for Wilson until you say "Happy Birthday". In which case he responds incredulously "It's my birthday?!" He genuinely forgot.

Willow - May 7th
——————
While technically her birthday should be placed in late Spring, Willow kind of prefers to have her birthday in early Summer. Less rain ruining her fires and high temperatures are ideal for her, considering she wants to enjoy a good forest fire or magma pool on her birthday.

She celebrates her birthday for an entire week, milking the whole experience for what it's worth, so she expects you to come up to her with a gift any day of those seven days. She wasn't expecting a fire staff though, but she's excited all the same. She's going to squeeze your hand and then scurry off to go test it on some sleeping tree guard jerks!

The firestarter will come back. Eventually. Covered in ashes and with her new toy broken, but she's happy and worn out, so can you really ask for anything more?

Wolfgang - October 2nd
——————
Wolfgang does try to celebrate his birthday on his own, somewhere in early Autumn. Usually, he roasts some potatoes for himself, and that's as far as his own celebrations go. He heavily appreciates it when others recognize it's his birthday though; he practically lights up at being wished a happy birthday.

There isn't much he really wants, but to simply spend time with you. So you spend your time helping out with his chores, even if the strongman really doesn't need the help, he still cherishes that you made the effort to stick by him. Company is the best gift you could've ever given him.

Now that's not to say Wolfgang didn't enjoy the fact that you made him statues he could lift on his mighty gym. Because he certainly did! But it was more enjoyable being able to show off just a bit.

Wickerbottom - December 6th
——————
The librarian is the reason why any birthdays are celebrated; she started it for the kids. However, she finds her birthday more or less as any other day in early or mid-Winter. She doesn't announce it outwardly, nor does she really hide it. She simply goes about business, surviving the Constant.

Still though, once the work's done for the day and Wickerbottom's ready to sit by the fire and enjoy a book, you surprise her with a gift of fresh Surf n' Turf, papyrus and feather pens. A practical gift for a practical librarian. She couldn't be any happier with that.

The gift of writing utensils is all she really wants; it gives her more materials to make her checklists with, more paper to write Wurt some more fairytales, and more pencils to sharpen to the ends while cataloguing data about the Constant. "It's so practical, dear!"

WX-78 - November 28th
——————
Finding out that humans are socially obligated to give others praise on their year-anniversary of life was probably a bad idea. WX-78 expects everyone to congratulate them on their buildday, so everyone always knows to wish them a happy buildday in late Autumn or early Winter, least they be wanting to be pestered for a gift for a week.

They hold this whole buildday thing over everyone's heads. If they don't want to do a chore they deem lower than themself: "FLESHLING BUILDDAY PROTOCOL STATES I AM NOT DOING THAT." and then they'll run off to go do things they want to do. Like kill the dragonfly or spend time with their bees.

They're going to milk this whole thing for as long as they can get away with it. Of course, even you have to deal with it, probably even more so, but c'est la vie. It's their buildday, they can do what they like (their buildday was last season).

Woodie - September 12th
——————
Woodie isn't much of a birthday celebrator; he'd like to spend it pretty lowkey, maybe chopping trees with Lucy or woodworking with you in camp. He's always been an introvert so the solitude spent with just his favourite people is the perfect celebration.

And that's pretty much how he spends it! He spends the morning chopping trees with Maxwell's shadow servants, and returns to find you, just a few meters away from camp with a blanket, a plate of honey nuggets and some wood working tools. He grins like such a madman when you explain that this is his gift.

It's the happiest he's been in a long time, until about nightfall and he remembers last minute that it's a Full Moon tonight. At that point, the werebeaver spends the night doing what he loves— chewing down trees and trying to dam off the ocean.

Wigfrid - July 23rd
——————
Wigfrid does celebrate her birthday! In mid-Summer, she hunts down a koalaphant on her own and helps in preparing a feast like she does for everyone else's birthday. She doesn't necessarily announce that it's her birthday, but she glows when you congratulate her.

What she wants for her birthday is to perform with her allies. Whether that be with simple songs around a campfire, sharing her favourite soliloquies with everyone, or running into the heat of battle with the Antlion, she wants allyship and adrenaline. That'll make her happy the entire season!

Though really, you know her better than that. After a sandy fight with Antlion, you give her some furs; a beefalo pelt or some rabbit tufts for her arm guards. She can't wear them now, in the heat, but her glowing smile and endless praise of you shows how much she loves her gift.

Wes - April 16th
——————
If he isn't being chased down by a Moose/Goose or being hunted ice hounds, Wes likes to celebrate his birthday during mid-Spring. You'll know it's his day, because he seems all the more peppy and more willing to assist others, if that's even possible for Wes.

He honestly doesn't need any acknowledgment to have a wonderful birthday, but he gets so delighted at being given gifts. You got Warly to make him crepes and he was so over the moon he gave you cartoonish black lipstick stains all over your face! His entire day has been made and the Sun has barely risen.

With a full belly and an even fuller heart, Wes is an even bigger ray of sunshine. Even when he slips in mud, or pops one of his balloon animals, he's happy. He just looks at your face, still stained with lipstick, and he's all better.

Maxwell - October 22nd
——————
Maxwell does not like his birthday. Nobody don't even knows how you managed to get him to tell
you when his birthday was. Maybe you asked Wendy? Regardless, he is more likely to sulk and dissociate in mid-Autumn. He's just... not a fan of the memories the day brings back. It's not a kind time to his mind.

Safe to say, he is very surprised by the gift of nightmare fuel and wobster dinner. Maxwell wasn't expecting anything, even from you. In fact, he's suspicious. What do you want from him? Do you want his gratitude? Will you hold this over his head later when you need something from him?

He's grateful, of course, but nervous about this entire thing. It's best to let him come to you later, so he can just curl up in your tent and get a good night's sleep for once. That's the ultimate gift to him.

Warly - July 25th
——————
Being as deeply sentimental as he is, Warly's birthday is bittersweet. His Maman always made his birthday cake, but now all he can do to replicate it is to make his own, which is perfect in every way to everyone else, but is missing something to him. The more he thinks about it, the more anxious he makes himself.

But, thankfully, he has you to get him out of the hole he's dug. Gifts of spices and new oven mitts embroidered with his name make him overjoyed. Not only did you remember, you got Warly something he could use frequently. He loves that stuff, and he talks endlessly about how excited he is about them. You've made him happy.

At the end of the day, he's glad to have shared his birthday with you, and everyone else. He shares his birthday cake with everyone, and yes, everyone has to eat a slice. It's bad luck for the birthday boy if you don't!

Winona - September 12th
——————
Birthdays mean a lot to Winona, not just because it's her day (she's kind of sharing her rough estimate of her birthday with Woodie so they tend to just merge the day together) but because they're always full of positivity. It's another accomplishment to put in her books.

Really though, she doesn't slack off much when it's her birthday, even when she's excused from work because of it. She loves the gifts she gets from you, and of course, squeezes you tight for your present of nitre and a cool drink, but she gets back to work right after she gives you a noogie. She's at her happiest when she's solving a machinery problem, anyways.

At the end of the day though, she's more giddy. After she clocks out, and gets to sit by the fire and eat taffy, she'll be a mushy ball of good memories, talking and laughing about all the trouble you've gotten into together.

And the hound wave scheduled for today doesn't come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 10K 45
Years after [Y/N] has stepped into her new home, it seems like she haves to leave again. On her way to protect her home, she meets a lot new people...
72.2K 2.3K 23
"𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞'𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙." Woohoo here we go bois. This is going to be my romanticized version of the L'Manburg...
4K 156 16
"What happened to us, Schlatt? Where did it go wrong?" "It went wrong when I realized what I could gain by winning." Wilbur Soot wakes up from his de...
4.6K 198 26
TWS Alcohol Drugs Alcohol abuse Underaged drinking Underage Drug taking? Eating Disorder Disordered Eating Bullying Anxiety Depression Panic Attacks ...