The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Sixty Three

62 6 0
By AidinWhite

Nathanial Winters

It had been a few days that had passed since Arilynn and I had returned to Boston. Except now I was having to focus more on work and that meant meetings, which was the sole reason I was slowing to a stop outside the Massachusetts Nexus headquarters.

Parking the car, which for today was my 918 Spyder which I was almost too tall to fit in, and letting out a sigh I pushed open the door and stepped out in a crisp recently resized Navy blue suit.

A young mother who had to be no older then twenty-two or three at most was walking by hand in hand with a little boy and girl both seemed keen on trying to race off and point in any direction.

"Mommy look at that car" the boy says tearing free of his mothers hold and running what would only have been three of my steps to stop on the edge of the curb and look at my car while the weary mother attempted to catch her free auburn haired child.

I had stopped to watch the exchange and found it funny that the boy was standing no more then three feet from me and hadn't said a word since a shocked look had appeared on his face.

My dad even had stories of kids doing this. So surprised to see something like a supercar that they were transfixed by them.

"Brayden away from that man's car you might scratch it I don't want to have to sell a kidney" the mom says and I just laugh lightly which catches the boys attention.

"You shouldn't go running off from your mom, I don't mind you looking. But stay closer to your mother" I say before walking away and locking the car over my shoulder.

Getting to the door I stepped through the automatic doors into a white lobby with black marble flooring and metallic hexagon screens to frame the reception area and occasional spaces along the wall with signs over stating what area of the building the hallway below led to.

Many of the staff here were slender bleach blonde woman and I wondered if that was to make the staff seem unified or simply that the Director had a preference for them.

Stopping at the desk which carried the marble theme while behind it there were sheets of white marble against black metal and I was simply reminded that I'd spent ten million dollars on the lobby to this building alone.

"Good morning, I'd like to speak with the Directors gathered here at current" I say stopping with my hands in my pockets while the staff glanced at me in my five thousand dollar Giorgenti suit.

"They are busy preparing for a meeting" the receptionist says only then looking up and being met by me giving her a soft smile.

"I hope you don't greet all visitors with dismissiveness" I muse and she swallowed hard.

Good you should be worried.

"Mr. Winters" she says.

"Don't let it happen again to anyone who walks through that front door" I say the smile never leaving my face.

"Would you please inform them I'm here" I add leaving the girl to organize herself as I walked to the elevator.

I had partially debated firing her, but I also understood that patience was a virtue and the little boy outside had brightened my mood enough to not do what I thought.

Pressing the button I waited for the ding of the elevator and stepped inside before pressing the button to go up to the fifty fifth floor, which was also the top of the tower.

I didn't really want to have to attend this meeting but the more I thought about how I was initiating the next step of the Winters Family legacy the more I had no issue with walking into a room and informing the Director for the Boston branch of Nexus that in three months I would be signing over ownership of the company to Winters Group International under the subsidiary act.

Many had been talking about how with the fact I had two other siblings one of them could be CEO but that wasn't how this was going to go Winters Group had long been fitted with its successors so that once everything was ready for us my siblings and I could just take over our roles.

Mine was slightly more difficult since I'd made a completely separate business that would join Winters Group but for now it was a separate entity, and many in the company liked it that way.

They just couldn't get rid of me.

This was my company and if they didn't like it they could leave at any point, everyone was free to put in their two weeks at any time.

As the elevator stopped again and a ping alerted me to the doors opening I walked out exchanging a brief smile with one of the staff before navigating the halls to the meeting room placed at the front of the oval shaped floor.

"Mr. Winters" the Director and likely future Executive Director for Nexus, Mathew Silver says approaching me.

"Mr. Silver, is the meeting prepared" I ask.

"That would be a question best left to your assistant" Mathew says, and I let out a short laugh.

"Of course it is" I muse and as if on cue I hear the sound of heels and turn around to be met by my dark haired assistant who had done her makeup to calculated perfection, along with ensured all of her hair was in place, and that she'd worn something that was both flattering and modest.

Tatyana Hanavorna ladies and gentlemen.

"Good morning darling you look sharp this morning, I have also gotten your coffee for the meeting this morning, the files that you will need are right here" she says holding up both items, though she handed me my coffee.

I had also gotten used to her calling me darling, something that Arilynn had over heard and looked rightfully pissed off for a split second until I started laughing and explained that that's a normal thing that Tatyana has called me since I hired her.

"That would be mocha cappuccino, have to make sure you are energized, also there is a little survey that the tailors at Giorgenti wanted to have answered, and I told them they could wait you were very busy, and weren't able to answer their little quiz at the moment" Tatyana continues in perfect fast spoken English, while gesticulating much to Mathew's suppressed amusement, and surprise.

"Thank you Tatyana" I say and she gives me a quick smile before a lightbulb goes off in her head.

"Ah yes, the valet asked if you wanted your car moved to a safer spot then the street, they wanted to do the same thing with my own car, and I had them move them together, except your car is locked".

Without saying a word I had over my key fob and Tatyana pockets it.

"Anything you need me to do?".

"No that will be all, except perhaps get the Atlas sent back to New York please, it's been in harbour for three months, and it's not good for it to be in an ice covered dock for so long" I say before walking away towards the meeting room where I could start the whole affair.

"Your assistant is very flamboyant" Mathew remarks looking over his shoulder.

"She'd probably call you a malysh if she heard you say that" I comment before pushing open the meeting room door where all of the people I was meeting with were.

"What the fuck does malysh mean?".

"Little boy" I smirk before finding my place at the end of the table and setting down my things though I would remain standing, and once Tatyana arrives she would take the head chair.

As I stood by the window looking out over Boston I turned to the room as everyone quieted down and almost on cue my PA entered the room and began handing out the files.

"Good morning everyone ladies and gentlemen. I know it is early but I will be getting an offer in a few months that I will be signing for the sake of limiting a power vacuum here. You all will have an option as the Directors for your successive branches. Nexus Software will become the twenty-seventh subsidiary of Winters Group International" I explain.

"The investors from a few months back have begun to lose their stake and even their companies, I have closed nearly forty billion dollars in deals, and within the time that it will take between now and the end of summer. We will be in asset holdings of close to a hundred billion including take overs and deals that have been signed, and are just awaiting finalization" I continue placing one hand in my pocket as I walked around the table so everyone could see me and wasn't forced to turn.

"However I am aware of a few of you talking about how you want this company to remain alone, as an independent entity from the spider web of industries controlled by Winters Group. The economic politics are different, I have been the successor for nearly two decades, and that was a guarantee. What that then means is that out of one of you here there is going to be an Executive Director, one of you will have the ability to live and work in New York City where you will be the proxy CEO of this company. Now know that power plays won't be welcomed, this company needs someone who will do what is best for the goal, not themselves" I say.

"I think we all know Mathew Silver is the best fit, he was the first Director, he's been here the longest" one of the Directors says looking around the room and nods follow.

"Wonderful. The files in front of you state that your branches join under Winters Group in three months, you should all be aware of what that means".

"I'll be the first to sign" Mathew says before others follow in suit, and I watch as a room with twenty-five other people sign on the line, solidifying Nexus as a Winters Group subsidiary.

So my book is about to take some turn that will make book three very interesting and very fun to write. Also this is sort of a step towards where I'm going, and all of you will see how things connect eventually. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bully By x<3

Romance

13.4K 377 23
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── "That's one way to put it. The guy has raging anger issues, constant mood swings and thrives off of tormenting others but still, p...
147K 2K 30
Scarlett Rosca was a normal girl with normal friends, and a normal life, until she starts tutoring her worst enemy and her Twin's best friend. After...
1.1K 244 22
Ru and her friends are College students who live in a relatively tranquil neighborhood in their small town. When they start 2nd year in the fall, the...
14.3K 476 25
Book #2 in the Scarlett and Jack series. Scarlett McAllister was accepted t...