The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Sixty Two

59 7 0
By AidinWhite

We'd gone back to Boston the next day, or at least planned too, currently neither of us had moved, though Nathan was still asleep and holding me close in his arms while I played with the ends of his hair smiling softly.

He had been lying here peacefully for pretty much the whole night, and I knew that at some point I'd end up waking him up but mostly I just wanted to have him enjoy his sleep since he'd worked a lot harder in the past few days then I had. He was likely over working but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was used to it.

Deciding that I'd let him sleep, and I'd go through my day, I got out of bed and moved the pillow I'd slept on for him to hold so that he would think I was still there.

I couldn't help myself as I stared at him, he looked calm when asleep, and he didn't worry, he was warm and comforted rather then being on edge about the safety of the people he cared about.

Speaking of people Nathan cared about, I should go see his family, they'd be home and I wanted to know a bit more about what to expect from Nathan as he got older especially through him becoming CEO of Winters Group.

Walking into the bathroom I showered quickly without turning on the lights so that I didn't alert Nathan to me being awake I ran though the essentials for appearance before getting out and drying off along with pulling my hair up into a bun.

I then walked out of the bathroom and got dressed in a jumper and a pair of trousers that would be appropriate for seeing his parents I then walked back to the bathroom to do a simple makeup look and head out.

As I walked into the lobby I turned on the lights for when Nathan woke up, along with started his coffee machine while I found a note pad to leave so that he knew where I'd gone.

Good morning mi amor, I've gone to see your parents I'll be back before lunch promise. I also hope you sleep well, and that coffee is what you need to start your day, I love you.

-Arilynn

Clicking the pen shut I then go to the key drawer and decide taking something simple would be the best option for today. I chose the typical rich girl car and picked up the key for one of Nathan's Range Rovers before stepping into the elevator and going down to the garage.

Crossing the room I unlocked the car, and got into the SUV before leaving the building and heading off towards the Hamptons where the Winters Family had called home for the past thirty years which would make sense, it was also a very timelessly designed home and made would likely always be the home for Adrian and Olivia for their entire lives.

Leaving Manhattan into Brooklyn I looked around at all of the houses that were of the classic brownstone styling that had persisted for about as long as New York had been a city. This whole city had felt like home, whether that was because I'd been welcomed by Nathan's family, or simply that I liked the city I didn't know but I was definitely glad to be here in this place with so much history.

Getting out to Southampton I drove through the streets until I ended up outside the estate where the Winters lived and slowed at the gate which was open already before I slowly drove in and stopped about twenty feet from the steps and parked before getting out of the car.

I then walked up to the front door which as with most of the house was a lot larger then a normal house's. It was elegant and I would never really be able to call it anything less then a modern day palace solely based on the scale of the home.

Knocking politely I waited for the door to open which was surprisingly not that long before I was met by Olivia with a bright smile on her face and messy brunette hair.

"Arilynn, good morning" she says before moving aside, "come in, we've just made breakfast and coffee".

"Oh that's okay but thank you though" I say removing my shoes in the marble floored entryway that seemed to tower up to the ceiling where a crystal sheet chandelier was with two skylights giving a view of the cloudy sky above.

From where I was looking through the house I could see Adrian in the kitchen making something to eat, while also semi dancing to an old Frank Sinatra record.

"Good morning Arilynn, did Nathan annoy you" he says noticing me walk into the room.

"No, he is still asleep as far as I know, and I was actually just coming to talk about him" I admit and Olivia and Adrian exchange a look.

"What kind of talk?" Olivia asks while Adrian watches me find a place to sit with a look of fascination and intrigue.

"Like what to expect when he takes over from Adrian" I reply taking the seat as far from the more intense version of Nathan.

"Nathan isn't the same kind of monster that I am, I'd burn down the world for the people around me, Nathan would simply leave behind a ghost town of the dead. Nathan strikes people as blunt, and though that will be a tool for him, acting rather then thinking can cause problems. In my twenty-five years as CEO I would manipulate, and pull the strings from out of the picture, Nathan has always directly faced his problems by fighting them. He's a good kid, and can be sensitive to how others act. He's just unpredictable and aggressive in situations that involve those he cares about" Adrian explains.

"He also if he truly gets lost in his feelings has drank and drove, and disappeared for hours. He scared his previous girlfriend to the point she drove three hours to our house to get help. So my husband is right he's unpredictable, and needs someone to always rely on. He's picked up Adrian's habit of keeping everything inside to not bother others. The difference is that he doesn't deal with it as well" Olivia says softly as he nails tapped the outside of her porcelain mug.

"In the end I want him to be happy, and relaxed. However Nathan has all of Olivia's soft traits which are good in normal settings, just when mixed with my coldness, and prone to outburst behaviours. If he can find a way to control himself he will hold a reputation just beneath mine, if not, scandal will be a commonality to his life, which will affect yours" the raven haired man says rubbing his beard.

"Where did the devil reputation come from. Nathan's explained some of your family history and a hundred years ago your family was making clothing not ruling the economic world".

"My ancestors had a different take on how to be strong. They thought that by using money that had once come from the profits of World War One, Two, and the slave trade for a hundred years prior to that that clothing would hide the truth. The Winters family made their money doing horrible but justified things at the time. People were killed our past defined us, my grandfather watched his dad the first recognized Winters, Henry be assassinated, he then raised my father who turned into a stiff, money fueled, cold man" Adrian says walking over to the back of a lone single person chair and gripping the back of it, an expression of mourning relief eclipse his face.

"My sister Katelyn was spared from the his cruelty, and high expectations. Alexander Winters made the devil of New York as a child, I was eight when sent from home across the ocean cut off from all relatives, and forced to become an independent adult with no one to protect me except for myself, by ten I wanted nothing to do with him. I was angry, and cunning, I was exactly who the media calls me. I got in brawls bi weekly, and my father would yell at me twice as often, if not daily for periods" he says pursing his lips set in a tight line.

"I had to be the perfect child, the perfect student, the perfect athlete. I learned to feel nothing, and internalize emotions as a child, by thirteen I was allowed to come home for my Eighth Grade year, and less then a month after I was home he was dead, along with my mother. Anger turned into resentment which led me to be the epitome of what I don't want Nathan to ever turn into. I never want to see any of my children get to that dark of a place. Then again it took two years to undo eight years of trauma" Adrian says looking to Olivia who smiled lightly.

It was a pure exchange, one that showed no words could truly capture the gratitude that was being given to one another.

"So your whole reputation came from a traumatic childhood" I say and Adrian nodded.

"Yes, I needed the cycle of anger and violence to end with me" he says.

"How do I stop that".

"Give him a calm life, the one that he's always wanted. A simple life, with a home that doesn't speak of work or money, a life where disappearing to the Maldives is enjoyed and treated as a gift. But also one where no matter how hard either of your lives get you back one another through it all" Olivia answers and Adrian nods.

"Be yourself Miss Hamilton, and never change, Nathan may not speak often but it's always been clear just how important you are too him, and how much you love him" Adrian says.

I then nod as an assurance to Nathan's parents, both of who smiled at me in their own way.

"How do your parents treat you Arilynn?" Adrian asks, and I see a glimmer of observation, and sympathy as if he's confirming a theory.

Guess Nathan's remark might be true.

"My own dad made me into a show daughter and wanted to have me take over the family business, while I wanted to and have gone into modelling thanks to Nathan's help. My mom can be critical of me, but I've chosen to avoid them entirely, they are originally from Chicago, and well I'm here in New York, it's starting to be where my career is being formed" I say and both Winters parents smile.

"Keep them as far from you and Nathan, and I'm sure nothing like what is going on between me and Kennith Louviere will ever happen" Adrian says with an amused sardonic smirk.

"I'll remember that" I say with a smile, "also I should head back to New York, Nathan and I were supposed to head back to Boston today".

"Give him a hug for me" Olivia says before standing.

"I will Olivia" I say before the coffee haired woman hugged me and then let go taking with her the slight feeling of what I imagine a loving mother felt like.

"You have a safe drive Arilynn, tell him to not take after his old man" Adrian remarks with a dry mirthful laugh.

"I will try to convince him" I say as I walked towards the entryway of the house.

As I walked out, and down to my car before looking back both of them stood waving from the large window above the garage entrance as I backed out, and once more I was reminded how much they welcomed me as family.

Alrighty mates I am done this update, it's a longer one so I hope it's enjoyed, also I am so glad my exams are over. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 107K 46
Isobel and Nathan must work to keep their romance alive when changes in their circumstances threaten to take a toll on it...
147K 2K 30
Scarlett Rosca was a normal girl with normal friends, and a normal life, until she starts tutoring her worst enemy and her Twin's best friend. After...
369 20 32
Melodious Lightening had it all the money, the fame, and the fans. But when her newfound faith is put into the spotlight, and she has to choose betwe...
27.7K 1K 46
A love story between two totally different people. Both from a different world. Will love prevail? or fear and disgust win? 🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁 I had no se...