Chiaki's OP Little Sister (Sl...

By ArtVampire

A Danganronpa x My Hero Academia x Pokemon Legends Arceus crossover fanfiction where Chiaki has a little sist... More

Character Info
Kickstarter
The Deal & Back to Hisui
(Slight) Training Montage & Hope's Peak Academy Orientation
The Dreaded Entrance Exam & Chifuyu's Hustle
The Killing Field Trip (USJ Edition)
Dealing with Heroic Idiots & Making New Friends
How to Ruin the Sports Festival In Just a Few Easy Steps
Dealing with Serial Killers For Dummies
Gamma Gym Fiasco & End of the Year Terms
Shopping Trip Filler Before More Canon Crap Happens
Everyone Do The I-Island Flop!
Aftermath of I-Expo
Chifuyu's Pokemon (before summer vacation)
Interlude before Summer Begins
Chifuyu's Pokemon (UPDATED & EDITED)
Feliz Navidad From Paldea (Holiday Special)
Chifuyu's Abilities (UP TO DATE)
Persona Information
Flashback Time: The Mementos
Some things to ask....
Welcome Home and A New Ally?
The Awakening of the Beast
A Bit of Filler Before We Get Back to the Grind...
Confrontation and Revelations
Some New Furry Friends Enter the Scene....
Special: The Delicious Last Course
Cat-astrophe at the Provisional License Exams
F*CK Nighteye! All My Homies Hate Nighteye!
Overhauling Overhaul
The Eight Plagues of the Eight Bullets
Incorrect Quotes to Cure Your Sadness
Episode Mobius
Chifuyu's Return and Kokoro's Resignation

Of Nen and Long Lost Relatives

266 4 29
By ArtVampire

1st Person POV Chifuyu

It had been a few days since the stupid dorm system began at UA. Of course Nedzu tried to raise a stink about Hope's Peak students forgoing his little plan of staying at UA's dorms since they all have either apartments or their parents/guardians threatened to fight it in court if he or anyone of his staff tried to force the issue. And since they aren't UA students they had no legal dog to fight with so to speak.

Aside from that, hanging out with Kokoro changed many things.

Mostly my Pokemon.

Though it did start with me.

Flashback time

"So why are we doing this?" I asked as we both stepped in her personal office. Since she is working with Miaya Gekkogohara and have shown impressive headway in therapy appointments and made some notable changes in the Neo-World Program project, she was granted her own office space.

It had everything you would expect in a therapist's office. A lounge furniture you see on TV, another chair (for Kokoro to sit in as she talks with her patients and takes notes, a mini fridge, an aroma diffuser with soothing scents of lavendar and vanilla emanating from it, the works.

"Because trust me when I say you and the others need it." Kokoro answered, wearing a white coat over her usual outfit and her tablet was out.

"Listen to her, child," Gardevoir stated, making me almost roll my eyes at her.

"Take a seat," Kokoro instructed getsuring to the lounge chair.

I deadpanned at her. "You don't have to tell me, I am one of Miaya-san's frequent clients after all..."

She gave me a look that made me back off a bit. "Sorry, rough week."

She nodded in understanding. "Understandable."

"Is this okay though?" I asked. "I mean, with us being friends and all... Won't this get you in trouble with your superiors? I mean isn't there a rule for doctors an the like not treating friends and family?"

She winced for some reason at "friends" being mentioned but wiped the grimace off before answering. "I haven't been sworn in yet by the Hippocratic oath and the like, so we are fine."

That's fair I suppose...

She sat down as I laid back in the loungechair.

"So let's start..." She pulled out her tablet before powering it on.

A few minutes later....

I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up spilling my guts to her before ten minutes had elapsed.

"So what now...?" I asked, feeling myself shake internally, almost like I was scared. Of what, I wasn't entirely sure.

"Why not ask your Pokemon?" Kokoro suggested. "They are a part of you after all. And from what I got from their thoughts, they want love about as much as you do."

That actually made me still. Was I... Was I neglecting my partners? I mean we have a bond like no other, but have I been starving them of their needs such as affection? I mean I have a Sylveon, but....

Seeing my thoughts, Kokoro spoke up. "Perhaps not on purpose, but... maybe let them have a say...?"

Sighing, I looked at her. "We might need to go somewhere else for this...."

In the end, we ended up at Uncle Colress's place as his place is the only place big enough to hold all of my Pokemon not in my immediate party (though I can easily summon them no matter the distance if need be). He built extensions to his private artificial island (and more so after he had retrieved more of his memories of his "past life" in the Pokemon world before he mysteriously ended up here in this world), and like the Aether Foundation, he had a ginormous area meant for the Pokemon to roam and live. Similar to the regional Professors' ranches or the Hisuian pastures, if I were to boil it down.

Anyway, after arriving thanks to Uncle Colress's recently retrieved Skarmory (I found his team when I was traveling Unova, long story), I have called on everyone one of my Pokemon via the telepathy link, saying it was important that they all show up. Even the ones I left at the Hope's Peak bunker campus have appeared.

Seeing them all assembled, I took a deep breath before I began to talk.

"Okay," I began, trying to swallow the lump in my throat before continuing. "In light of recent findings I have to ask you all as a whole...." I took another deep breath before I continued, the words both bitter and sour in my mouth, "Have I become Kamado?"

A split moment of shock crossed everyone's features before an uproar was heard, making me and Kokoro step back slightly at the sudden loud noise.

"Let me explain," I called out over the din of noise, thakfully quieting them down so I can explain, "Recently," me and Kokoro shared a glance, "I have found that I have been... suppressing my emotions... even ignoring some of you..." The feeling of guilt welled up, almost choking me but I continued, "And... I haven't been giving you guys attention..." I coughed, to rid the lump growing in my throat, to no avail. "Almost like I have been treating you like tools." Many of their faces were drawn in shock and concern, even as I finished.

"So with this in mind, I want to ask you," I felt moisture hit the back of my hands, as I forced the last sentence out of my mouth, "If any of you want to leave me."

Many were stunned in silence, even Kokoro as I felt her gaze on my back.

"Chifuyu..." I heard her breathe out.

"I understand," I pressed on, trying to be brave, "if you think I am less than suitable to be your trainer," some of my veteran Pokemon were shocked to hear me say this. Even Katakuri looked shocked to put it lightly.

Why was this so hard....?

"Chifuyu," Kokoro called out to me, "You're crying!"

I blinked in shock before touching my cheeks. Sure enough, she was right.

"Dammit," I cursed softly, trying to wipe away the ones that were still coming. "I told myself I wouldn't do this...."

Suddenly I was lifted up, pulled into an embrace.

Imagine my surprise that it was Mewtwo of all of the Pokemon to give me a hug.

"M-Mewtwo?!" I sputtered.

I was then conked on the head.

"Itai!" I whimpered, holding my head.

"Baka," Mewtwo spoke in a reprimanding tone but I saw water gathering in his eyes as well as many others. "We may not say it but we love you as much as you do us!"

I was shocked, surprised that the Genetic Pokemon of all them, would be the one to speak like this.

"Emotional constipation or not," Arceus chimed in, floating over to me, "You are my Chosen One, and not only are you the Champion of Hisui, you are also our champion. Of heart and soul."

The others added their agreement, even Giratina and Necrozma.

As cheesy as it sounded from the Original One themselves, it still made my heart swell, both with joy and relief.

"So no more talk about leaving and other nonsense," Gardevoir spoke up. "You're stuck with all of us for life, kid."

"You guys...." I couldn't hold back anymore, I ran towards them with open arms, letting them embrace me as I returned the gesture, crying with joy and all other pent-up emotions that have held me back.

With that, my heart had finally opened up and a new bond was forged between me and my Pokemon.

Kokoro watched on with a small smile, before she began to leave the area to give us some privacy.

Or at least she tried to.

"And where do you think you are going, young one?" Arceus asked before she was psychically lifted and brought over to the group hug, putting her right next to me before the others trapped her in the hug.

"I-" Whatever Kokoro wanted to say was cut off when Mewtwo added in.

"Without you, this dumb human would be lost," the bipedal cat ignored my rebellious "Hey!" as he continued.

"You have opened up our friend up like she did with so many of us, and the least we could do was find a way to have her open up to us. So you have our deepest thanks."

With that, not only did we stay at Uncle Colress's to celebrate, but my Pokemon were then welcomed into Kokoro's therapy program as some of them personally asked her if she could schedule appointments with them.

So with that, we basically have a new family member...

Flashback End

And now, everything had seemingly changed for me. It was like how I looked at everything now had a different look to it. I mean, my morals obviously hadn't changed, especially where hero society is concerned. It just felt as if my vision had been improved by a hundredfold, if not more. Not only that, the drawbacks that usually come with my power had oddly disappeared. I can now summon an unlimited number of Pokemon, both Legendary and otherwise and not feel the fatigue or the like. Also my Pokemon have gotten... clingier ever since we had that talk. So while I got a deeper bond with my Pokemon, I have seem to lost the ability to keep them in their Pokeballs. Now they are able to summon themselves at whenever they want.

Most of the time when they do this, they just yoink me, and surprisingly Kokoro, and whisk us both away to do something that they call "cuddle sessions."

This wouldn't be a big problem if they didn't decide to do it during school hours. Or at least at UA.

Had this still be happening while we are at Hope's Peak I wouldn't be objectional about it especially with our liberal class schedule. Or at least before factoring in me helping Yukizome-sensei as her assistant(though even then I am sure we could work out a compromise or work around it).

But in this case, I'm more worried about our discretion and keeping things under wraps at least where that damn rat-face is concerned, along with the staff under him.

Though I admit it is quite a sight to see those UA students gawk in awe and terror as me and Kokoro get carried off by a pack of Hisuian and Unovan Zoroark.

Which is currently happening right now.

Though this particular escape attempt was a bit different this time.

"Are the getaway drivers here yet?" My alpha Hisuian Zoroark asked their mate, a Unovan Zoroark.

"They are almost here!"

They nodded to each other, before barking at one another to communicate as the heroes tried to close in on us.

Keyword: tried.

Everytime they came even remotely close the Zoroarks used Agility to become a blur and put more distance between us and our pursuers.

Meanwhile with me and Kokoro...

"What do you think it is this time?" I asked her nonchalantly. "This doesn't feel like our standard kidnapping today..."

She shrugged. "It is not time for their usual cuddle time... from what I can get from their thoughts alone they want us to do something... outside of campus..." Though she seemed to be telling the truth, she seemed to be sporting a bright blush on her face.

"Hmmm..." I murmured to myself, unaware of her possibly withholding information about my partners' true motives.

"There's the exit," Kokoro spoke up making me look up in time to see the double doors just before my Alpha Hisui Zoroark used Night Slash on them to knock them off the hinges and let us out.

The hero staff were a good ways behind us, so they took a bit of time to amble out towards the exit, which had begun to close as emergency protocol was activated.

"Hang on!" The Unovan Zoroark instructed us as the both of them leapt through the open gates just before they closed.

On the other side of the gate was Wyrdeer himself, having summoned himself at some point before the pack arrived with us in tow.

"You know what to do," The Alpha said to him, making the evolved form of Stantler nod before the Zoroarks plopped us in front of him, making him take us by the "scruff" of our shirts and plant us onto his back.

As we landed on Wyrdeer's back, the two Zoroarks that had carried us suddenly transformed, turning themselves into us, before they called for the other Zoroark to carry them like they did to us before they leapt back over the other side of the wall.

"No doubt they are gonna confuse the heroes and throw them off our trail while we make our getaway," I guessed looking to Kokoro who was sitting behind me with her arms wrapped behind me, and her face even redder than before.

"Y-yeah," she stuttered, confirming my guess.

I turned to Wyrdeer, "So where to, my noble steed?"

He snorted before holding his head up higher with a bit of pride. "To the Shujin district," he replied, before he broke into a run, speeding down the sidewalk and carrying us further and further away from the thrice-damned hero school.

"I suppose a break from that place was needed," I thought to myself before I decided to message my aunt to tell her what happened so none of the staff that matter in my case don't flip out. Things have been very busy for me, especially since I have taken up the job to be Anya Forger's babysitter and tutor. That and the whole bunker project and school work that had to be done (being Yukizome-sensei's assistant does have its drawbacks aside from grading a ton of my upperclassmen's papers).

So this might be needed more than I thought

Timeskip

We took our time getting to Shujin district as we left Musutafu behind (the Rotom and Nana messaged me that the Zoroarks managed to get the heroes off our tail long enough to get Mewtwo and wipe their memories for the time being.

We have made a pit stop sometime before with one of Hoopa's rings where we changed out of our school uniforms and into more casual clothing. Basically my favorite pink camo kimono set and Kokoro went for her usual outfit (A/N: the outfit from the fan game).

Some time passed and now we are in front of Cafe LeBlanc.

By this time, school had let out, so we weren't worried about being caught by any truant officers, or dealing with any unneeded questions from any adult patrons.

Besides that, I could use some good curry and perhaps some coffee to regain my energy.

The music playing softly over the speakers made the area feel more comfortable, letting me relax in my seat as the ambience set in.

(Play music here)

"Well this brings back some memories, huh?" I asked teasingly to Kokoro as she sat across from me in a dining booth.

She blushed a bit at this. "That it does. This was how we first became... friends, right?" She frowned slightly at the "friends" part but she seemed to shake it off.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, sipping my usual caramel frappe.

She seemed to take a breath before letting out through her nose. "Well there is something... I was hoping I could... ask you something...."

This got my attention, making me put down my cup of iced coffee to give her my undivided attention.

"Yeah?" I asked.

She seemed to try to get herself together, seeming to be extra nervous. "Well, um...." She swallowed a bit of her drink before getting the courage to speak again, "I noticed, that, from your thoughts, you are... demipansexual, is that right."

I nodded. "Yeah, that is correct. What brought this on?"

She seemed to grow even redder. "Well, before I answer, let me confirm another thing... are you... polyamorous?"

I blinked, not sure where this is going. "Well, um, I have entertained the idea, and I have nothing against it, if that is what you are asking. Is there a reason why you are asking me this?" I was honestly unsure where this was going. It doesn't help that none of my pokemon in the mental link was offering anything helpful here. It was as if they went into radio silence.

"Well, I..." She was sweating at this point, making me begin to worry. "I um... I wanted... I just... I want to say that..." She cleared her throat as her voice caught on a snag, almost making go up an octave.

"I... I really like-" Just before she finished her sentence she froze.

"Koko..." I asked cautiously, "Is everything ok-"

My sentence was cut off when I felt the hairs along my arms rise, my instincts kicking in.

"Someone's watching us..." I thought, making sure Kokoro heard me as she nodded subtly. Though she looked a bit disappointed...

Deciding that perhaps getting out of here and possibly neutralizing the threat first was our best option, I called for the check.

"Act cool," I thought while looking into her eyes. "Pretend everything is fine."

She nodded, her face stone serious. Paying our bill, we didn't really bother glancing at either the group of teens with an aura similar to Tōga's nor the blonde person that had their face hidden by a newspaper as we left quickly.

We made it out onto the street, keeping Kokoro close as I sent an aura pulse over the area, trying to single out the one who could be stalking us.

"Can you get anything from their mind? Like any important information?"

She shook her head, almost looking panicked. "No.... not much. I can't see much in their mind. Everytime I try I end up being pushed out. So I think they might be onto us..."

"Fuck berries..." I cursed to myself not liking this already. And if Kokoro can't get into their mind then we might be in bigger trouble than those MLA schmucks. And I really did not want to blow up this city....

"They're getting close," I warned, as thankfully my Aura didn't fail me in warning how close the potential perpetrator was. There was a deserted alley within a few feet so with a subtle jerk of my head we both entered it, before I used the Lustrous Globe to make us disappear into a teleportation ring just as the person turned the corner as we reappeared in the shadows. I erected a magic barrier around the area so that no civilian gets caught in the crossfire. (A/N: kinda like in Miss Kobayahi's Dragon Maid S where they casted an illusion on the whole city so none of the humans get dragged in Tohru's fight against Ilulu. I couldn't find a gif of that online so go look it up or something)

Within the dark, I took a quick examination of our follower.

Effeminate face, almost as much as Chihiro's, blonde hair that only reached a bit to his chin, odd blue tabbard worn over a set of white loose clothes, blue Chinese slippers, a set of metal rings connected by chains with different ends on each finger, and the only weapon that can be seen is a pair of sheathed blades connected by a chain, similar to nunchucks.

"But I sense something deeper with this one..." My eyes narrowed in thought as I used my aura to get a better look. I was nearly blown away when he suddenly whipped around and looked straight where we were hiding.

"Come out and show yourself!"

Giving a quick look over to Kokoro with a thought of "Wait here," directed at her, I used the Adamant Crystal to freeze time and summon another Ring from Hoopa to teleport me over behind the blonde, my sword drawn and placed near his neck.

I unfroze time, and he gasped upon feeling the cold blade almost nicking his neck.

"State your business and you might just keep your head, mate," I hissed in a dangerous and quite tone, letting my bloodlust out.

"R-Ren...!" He gasped aloud, confusing me.

"What?" I let my guard down for a split second before he suddenly sprang away from me, holding his blades out while I got into a defensive stance with my nichirin katana out in front of me.

"Who the hell are you and why were you following us?" I snarled.

"I'm not here to hurt you!" He suddenly spoke in a rush, seeming to drop his offensive stance.

Big mistake.

I rushed him, knocking his weapon out of his hands, making it fly out of his hands and landing near where Kokoro was hiding. Keeping my eyes on my opponent, I sent a telepathic thought to Kokoro to discreetly grab the weapon should she need to get involved.

"Hear me out, please!" He seemed to plead, but I was having none of it.

"Should have thought of that before you decided to stalk us for whatever reason," I countered before rushing at him. "I don't know what your intentions are. But what I can I say is that I am being stalked which pisses me off!" I finished in a roar as I charged at him. "Water Breathing Second Form: Water Wheel!"

To my complete surprise he jumped clear out of the way of the attack, and while midair he sent a chain at me.

"Please!" I narrowly dodged the metallic projectile. "I'm not here to hurt anyone!"

"Coulda fooled me!" I spat back, before I sent another attack switching to another Breathing Style to keep him on his toes. "

"Looks like we have a seasoned fighter on our hands..." I thought as I dodged another chain aimed to bind me. "I may have to pull out all of the stops with this one...."

"Flame Breathing Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!"

I released a wall of fire to block his barrage of chains aimed at me, which hit against my shield and the flames absorbed the attack. Retracting his chains, he was now on the defense as i began to pursue him, slashing at him to keep on his toes and to prevent him from using his chains to counter my attacks.

"This guy, while he hadn't landed a hit on me, I can tell he's different from the others I have come across and fought." I thought. "Had he mamaged to switch the tables on me, I'm sure that I would have some trouble keeping up, no matter the choreography." I laughed a bit to myself as we reached a stalemate, with him wrapping his chains around my blade. "Heh, I'm starting to sound a bit like Cynthia, now.... though I can honestly say I'm actually having fun despite the circumstances..."

"Why are you laughing?" The blonde questioned.

Opting to be honest, I answered, "To be honest with you, you are quite unlike most people I had to face off against. I daresay I am almost having fun here."

He looked quite shocked to hear this, which gave me the opening to free my sword from the chains attached to his hand and then kick him down to the ground quickly, placing my foot against his wrist where his chains seem to be originating from.

"Sorry about this," I kinda felt regretful about doing this, but I can't take any chances especially since that mess at Deika City. "But I can't let you go after you have threatened and scared my friend and I. Please understand I only seek to live a simple life where people aren't after me for my power."

"Wait!" He tried to plead with me, "Hear me out! I have important information! About your bloodline."

I gave him a deadpan look. "Are you really pulling the 'I know your family secret' crap with me? Now I'm just disappointed. Think I'll finish this!"

A deep inhale of breath prepared me for what I intend to happen next.

"Water Breathing Tenth Form: Constant Flux!" I shouted, launching what was supposed to be the end-all to this fight, the manifested water dragon comign down to strike the final blow.

However before the attack could land, something happened.

"TIME OUT!"

Those two unexpected words threw me off, both literally and figuratively, as I felt myself be levitated into the air. The air around me turned purple with images of stars and planets around me, while the attack I had performed had just evaporated before my very eyes, shocking me and the blonde guy.

"Chifuyu!" I heard Kokoro call out as I watched with horror as she dashed out of her hiding spot with the blonde's blades.

"Kokoro, don't-!" I tried to call out to her in case the blonde goes after her but was surprised when he was also lifted up in the same manner as me.

"Oi!" He called out, with a bit indignation.

Not that I blame him.

"Whatcha playin'?"

(Play music here)

Those words brought back a sense of familiarity.

"Well ain't this a dose of deja vu..." I thought before I spotted a purple creature turning the corner. They looked like a cross between a cat and a dog, and their eyes seemed to glow the same shade of purple, making me figure that they're the one that's holding us up in the air.

"Something feels familiar about this...." I thought as I eyed the playful air this animal seemed to hold.

The violet creature turned to the blonde.

"I thought we agreed we will see her together!" They seemed to be childishly angry as they pouted at the blonde.

The blonde seemed aggravated by their sudden appearance, seeming to forget that I was about to kill him.

"Well you kept slowing us down every time we get close to getting to her!" He seemed to rebuke.

"Was not!" They argued back.

The blonde rolled his eyes. "You kept dragging me to every toy and video game store and have me nearly clear out the inventory. You're lucky I have a Hunter's license or we will be either in jail or in debt."

"A Hunter's license?" I thought with intrigue.

"Oi, you." I spoke to both of them, making them look back at me.

The purple creature smiled, their bushy tail wagging back and forth like a dog's.

"Chifuyu!" They jumped into my arms, dropping their hold on both of us. Thankfully I landed safely on my feet (I've fallen off mountains before and have survived so this doesn't faze me), same with the blonde.

"I'm sorry," I held them up to get a look at them. "But do I know you?"

They pouted up at me. "How could you forget your best buddy?!"

"'Best buddy'?" I thought, the feeling of deja vu becoming more apparent.

Kokoro gasped, bringing everyone's attention to her, the blonde and the purple creature just realizing she was here.

She pointed at the animal in my arms.

"T-that's.... that's not a simple animal, Chifuyu..."

"Think I already know that, Kokoro," I responded.

"No! That's not what I mean!" Kokoro shook her head. "They're...."

"My name is Amatsu!"

Their words hit me like a freight train.

"Amatsu?!" I thought with shock. The memories of my first Palace filled my mind.

But wasn't Amatsu a small kid?

I didn't remember them being like this.....

"But how?" I asked them.

The creature shrugged. "I dunno. One moment I was me, then the next I became this," they gestured to themselves.

I looked at the blonde who had stood there the entire time thankfully without attacking either of us.

"It appears," he spoke, "that we have a lot to speak about..."

Timeskip

"...And that's what happened." All four of us, including Kokoro and Amatsu (the latter sitting on my lap and refusing to let go all the while exchanging what one may call dirty looks with Kokoro as she sat next to me while glaring at Amatsu), were sitting with Aunt Chichi and Uncle Taichi.

The blonde, who introduced himself as Kurapika Kurta, finally explained why he showed up.

Apparently, he was a member from the Kurta clan, who were all slaughtered by this group of powerful bandits just for their red eyes, whereas he was the lone survivor.

At least, until I popped up on his radar.

And he is under the belief that I could have been a descendant of the Kurta clan, as there was a member that had left the clan without permission and the clan had tried to find their missing member up until the clan's untimely death.

Until now, Kurapika was convinced he was the last survivor and all but given up on finding the last possible member.

Then he found me.

"So how exactly did you find out about my niece?" Aunt Chichi asked coolly as we all sat in the living area sipping tea as we waited for Colress to show up and perform a blood test to see if what Kurapika said is true.

Kurapika answered honestly, "I saw the Sports Festival broadcast some time back and I noticed she had some likeness to the aforementioned missing member of the Kurta clan."

I winced at that; I hate being reminded that I have my parents' features.

Kurapika, having seen my expression and was filled in on how I ended up in my aunt and uncle's custody gave me a sympathetic look. "Sorry.."

"Not your fault." I waved it off. Blame genetics.

"And when I made it here, I met them," He pointed to Amatsu who was still clinging to me like a needy kitten, "and told me that they can help me find you. Though I admit that we hit a few.... roadblocks along the way." He gave an annoyed look at Amatsu who only shrugged innocently.

"Like...?" Uncle Taichi prompted.

Kurapika sighed. "Basically the main reason why so many stores have been cleared of their inventory in the toys and video games department was because of them. Every time he saw some new toy or game being advertised he would drag me in the store and have me get the confounded item and wouldn't leave me alone until I did."

I winced. "Sorry, about that." No doubt his wallet was hurting from all of that.

Kurapika sighed. "It is fine. Luckily I have my Hunter's license so I don't have to worry about that."

This got my aunt's attention. "So you're a Hunter then?"

Kurapika. "Yes. Licensed just some time back."

I looked between the two confusion clear on my face.

"What's a Hunter's License? And what does it have to do with anything?" I asked.

"I'm curious as well," Kokoro piped up, taking a break from her glaring contest with Amatsu.

Thus my aunt launched into a long yet informative explanation about Hunters.

From exclusive priveleges to certain liberties being granted, from what I can narrow the whole thing down to, being a Hunter makes you almost untouchable. Unlimited travel and public facility usage,

"So how come no one like say the heroes or villains be getting or applying for a license?" I asked. "I mean, with all that is granted to you when you receive a license, I would imagine that everyone would be cramming to get one."

Kokoro spoke up, "Perhaps it is not that easy, is it?" She stated than asked.

Kurapika nodded. "While it is true we get a lot of applicants, only a handful actually passes. And that's if they even make it in to the test. And even more so if they survive the Phases of the exam."

"Have people died while taking the exam?" I asked, more curious than scared.

Kurapika nodded. "I won't lie when I say that many who have actually made it into the exam have lost their lives. And the Phases are nothing short of being difficult. And that's putting it mildly. And every year they change the theme of the Phases and how many Phases you have to go through to receive your license."

"Sounds like somthing right up your alley," Katakuri telepathed to me.

"Could be." I thought back, more intrigued than scared. The benefits a License could give me in the long run.... Especially with my current situation... And chances are I will probably have to uproot more evil like I did with the Meta-Liberation Army, and I get the feeling that using the same "you have no proof" excuse can only get us so far...

"You said something about being able to hunt down certain peoples..." I asked, Kokoro shooting me a sideways look as she no doubt knew what angle I was going for. "What do you mean by that? I mean, can Hunters kill? I mean are they allowed to?"

Kurapika looked understandably unnerved at my question. "Why do you ask?"

I shrugged. "Can't I just say I'm curious?"

"Chifuyu," Kokoro and Aunt Chichi spoke at the same time, both in a reprimanding tone.

I sighed. "Okay fine. I just wanna know if there are any limitations to the killing thing?"

"Is there an ulterior reason on why you ask?" Kurapika asked.

I sighed. "Okay, let me just go ahead and say I'm not some bloodthirsty psychopath who is always out for blood. Basically the only time I would do such a thing is if something or someone dear to me is in imminent danger and the only way to solve the matter is do or die. I mean, have you heard about the I-Island incident?"

Kurapika's eyes widened. "You mean.... that was you?"

"Yeah." I nodded, remembering bitterly about that schmuck Wolfram and that crunchy-granola hero wannabe Midoriya that day. "I am pretty sure if you looked my name up in any social media platform about my outburst against those hero students...."

He gawked at me with shock. "So you were the one to take down one of the bounties on the Hunter's Association list?"

"He had a bounty?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"He did; while it wasn't the highest, it was pretty hefty." Kurapika responded. "I should contact the association about this."

"Will this get me in trouble?" I asked.

"No," he shook his head. "Quite the opposite actually. I wouldn't be surprised if they would start biting at the bit for you to take the exam."

"Okay, but back to my question," I stated. "What are the limits on the killing thing?"

"Basically, it grants reduced legal responsibilty for murder." He responded. "However, repeated acts of murder can lead to prosecution if it is not justified."

"I see...." I responded. "So aside from that, I get free reign?"

"With certain limitations yes." He responded.

Well that settled it.

"So when is the next Exam and where I can I go sign up for an Exam?

Everyone except for Kokoro gaped at me in shock.

"T-that quickly?!" Uncle Taichi stuttered.

"Yeah." I nodded, having made up my mind. "I can't always hide behind Auntie every time I make an 'ethical incident' happen. So I want to be able to stand on my own two feet."

Before Uncle Taichi could protest Aunt Chichi spoke up. "I will allow it."

Now it was my turn to blink in shock.

"That quickly, Auntie?" I asked, parroting my uncle's words.

"Yes," she nodded. "But before you go, I rather you be prepared."

"What do you mean?"

"She means that there is a certain qualification that you need before you take the exam," Kurapika explained.

"What might that be?" I asked.

"Nen." He responded.

"Nani?" I asked in confusion.

"When your relative comes here to do the blood test and prove whether or not we are related, I will explain," Kurapika stated.

"In the meantime, you kids get cleaned up." Aunt Chichi said to me and Kokoro. "We'll discuss what happened at school later..."

I nodded, before I got up with Amatsu, who had fallen asleep by now, still in my arms with Kokoro following at my side.

"So what do you think?" I asked her as we went up to my room.

"This could be interesting, but what will you do? His took up to a week to complete if not more... and since they change the theme every year who knows how long it may take. I don't doubt you will pass and all but what about the situation here?"

"Good question..." I mused. "I may have to pull a Nagito and have to gamble on luck for this... There is also this Nen thing he mentioned.... You have any ideas what he meant?"

She shook her head. "I tried, but it was the same as last time, I got pushed out of his head before I could find anything useful. Though he does seem to believe that you are related to him..."

"I'll let Uncle Colress be the one to find that one out. He is a licensed doctor after all." "At least he isn't like Kreiger with his eccentricties...."

"Fair enough." Kokoro nodded.

"By the way," I asked, "wanna come with me when the time comes?"

"I think I might have to pass on that..." Kokoro responded.

"Any reason why?" I asked.

"I'm not exactly strong and from what he just told us, I would have to be stronger than I am now..."

"I can help you with that," I offered. "I mean I'm sure my Lucario can help you. He helped my cousin Chihiro when he asked to get stronger..."

"I may have to take you up on that..." She then gestured to Amatsu, still napping in my arms. "So what are you gonna do about them?"

"Don't know." I shrugged. "Guess they stay with me as they refuse to leave me for just about anything at this point."

She gave them a narrowed eye look. "Uh-huh..."

"You okay?" I asked. "You've been a bit.... irritated since we left LeBlanc... is something wrong?"

She blushed as she snapped her head back up at me. "Ummm... no.... nothing is wrong..."

"I think you wanted to tell me something back there before our... interruption." I remembered. "What was it-"

"It's nothing!" I nearly jumped when she spoke more forcefully. This caused Amatsu to stir awake.

She cleared her throat.

"Well if it helps anything...." I grabbed her hand, not noticing the red blush on her face. "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAY FOREVER?!"

I facepalmed, knowing full well she heard that as I noticed how red (or redder) her face has gotten.

"Dinner," she managed a smile that warmed my heart a bit, "would be great."

POV Switch 3rd Person

"So we missed our chance to talk to her," Futaba said sadly. The group planned to approach her and her friend and invite the two to hang out, but then the two left in some sort of hurry. When they tried to follow they ended up losing them in the process....

Ann tried to lift their spirits up. "Hey, don't feel down, we always have next time."

Meanwhile Akira was looking over a flyer advertising the curry contest soon to be held.

"Perhaps sooner than we all think...."

ANNNNDDDDD CUT!

So yeah, the pokemon tried to set her up on a date with Kokoro to give her the chance to confess, but unfortunately, shit happens.

Don't worry guys, we'll get them next time!

Anyway, Chifuyu gets a deeper bond with her Pokemon, but at the cost of keeping them within their Pokeballs at will, so now they can come out whenever they want. And when they do, it is just for cuddles with our MC and her new therapist friend.

Don't worry, Izuru is cool with his gal being gay and polyamorous, we just need to get through her thick skull and drag her out of the freaking Narnia that resides in her closet. There is also the matter of Volo and N, but they'll get their moment to shine, it will be awhile before we get to that.

This is ArtVampire signing off!

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 135 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...
13 0 20
My Hero Academia fanfic Part four of the Bia-Hero of Force series Cross posted on AO3 O/C heavy series Nymeria Akatani's life hasn't always been the...
752K 28.8K 33
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
4.2K 137 9
A long time ago a quirk appeared in China as a child who was born was shining brightly as years past multiple children started to develop more supern...