The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Fifty Four

51 6 3
By AidinWhite

Scarlett Louviere

To say that things were a little bit hazy right now would be the understatement of the millennium. Derek and I had yet to talk and it had been two weeks since I was back in New Haven. There was also a lot of time spent with him avoiding me, and the longer it had been them more of a bitch I felt like.

I'd done a lot in that time frame, I'd not only one, deprived him of actually seeing me in person for a month and a half, but then when I came back I'd made him feel like a bad person when really I was just projecting what I knew from the past onto the present when he had clearly spent so much time changing for the better, and I had fucked it up.

I seemed to do that fairly often with my relationships, and I needed to fight for this one, because I hadn't done it before.

The first time I didn't open up to Derek, I was a prude and I was too busy living the 'hot girl' life to just admit that it was a possibility the fact I viewed myself as so much better then everyone, might have been the reason he left in the first place for my best friend at the time. The second I did it with Nathan on more then one occasion, and each time he forgave me, for the way I greeted him in response instead of dealing with it maturely, and then in the end with university, I took a guy who had practically bent over backwards for me.

Now I had to accept the bullet I'd made myself have to bite. Nathan was happy now, he and Arilynn were happy and she made him happy and in the small conversation we had he made her feel special which I had craved my whole life. Then when I got that chance with Derek the news of him being my ex from Paris turns me into this petty bitch all over again.

So now here I was driving to his family home, to apologize in person. I'd taken little notes from both Nathan and Arilynn, along with both of their parents during the times I'd gotten to talk to them the latter's was just a one time happening.

Pulling up to the gate in my Urus S I watched the gates open before allowing me into the property which I hadn't expected to seem like it belonged in a winter wonderland with all the fairy lights wound around the trees.

There however in the middle of the round about I'd grown to find empty since the handful of vehicles the Halloway's owned were kept in the garage, was a shiny black 765LT and a Rolls Royce Ghost I'd recognized as Vanessa's. The McLaren I didn't have a clue.

That was until I parked next to it and noticed that the interior had tan leather. It was Nathan's which as far as I knew he owned one already though the more I looked at it I was certain it was the Spider variant.

Finding a place to park I stopped and got out merely to watch the front door open and Trish lean against it before stepping out and shutting the door.

"I saw you pull in" she calls across the driveway pulling the cardigan she wore tighter around her frame while the still air allowed the frizzy ends of her blonde hair to spring up around the back of her head, escaping the professional looking ponytail on the back of her head.

"Yes, why is both Vanessa and Nathan here?" I ask gesturing to the pair of black vehicles.

"That's best if you go in and just listen, the three of them including Derek are all in the living room talking to one another thought it was an argument at first" Trish answers.

"About what?" I ask pinching my eyebrows together and she just looked at me with a faint smile.

"You, for different reasons. Just go in and listen you might get to ask questions" she says and I do.

Carefully opening the door I slipped through the space and took off my shoes, letting them still themselves on the carpet before walking to the edge of the hall where I could hear the dispute in the living room.

"I don't like that she would trust you more then me, it's shame inducing that a girl would rather have her ex there to protect her then be upfront about her fears to her boyfriend" Derek snappily says pacing the yellow sunlight kissed room with his head held tilted in his left hand.

"And I get that, I'd be upset too" Nathan begins as expected in complete calm while remaining in the shadow cast part of the room next to Vanessa who was fixing her makeup.

"I'm sure if you talked to her she'd tell you her reasoning, but coming after me, and especially my cousin are sure fire ways to end up having everything your family cares about put on a list. And honestly just because you don't like me doesn't mean I want to see everything that you have turned to ash with such a dumb reason as a dispute with a girl. I know Scarlett isn't some girl either, she's a good person, and the fact that she has stayed for so long, shows just how much she trusts you. The revelation will be what threw a wrench in her mind" Nathan says standing poised for anything and not taking his eyes off of Derek.

A small piece of me wanted to announce that I was here but watching both of them solve this was needed. They needed to come to terms, and if that took them having a brawl which had almost happened weeks prior, then I guess that would be how they chose to deal with the situation.

"How do I fix it, also believe it or not I do, and at times I see the qualities where I lack being a good person" Derek says stopping to look at Nathan.

"Derek, I may seem like class personified, I'm a dick with emotional control issues, and a constant need to do what I think is best even if it hurts people. At least take it from me that I am far from perfect. Also Scarlett has been listening to our entire conversation, she's standing in the doorway" Nathan says picking up his glass and taking a sip from it while Derek turns to look at me.

"Scarlett" he gapes and I purse my lips casting a look to Nathan who remained completely free of a reaction.

This man, and how he never lets anything escape notice.

"You two need to talk, Vanessa we should give them space to talk" Nathan suggests downing the rest of whatever was in his glass, and heading towards the entryway.

"Nessa, why did you come here with Nathan".

"I was here before he was, I came to tell him, he was a dick for hurting you" she says with a smile that seemed glazed in mirth. "However Nathan beat me to that one".

"Beats everyone to anything he wants to do" I comment as the black haired girl leaves the room allowing Derek and I privacy.

The room was silent for what felt like an eternity but I don't think it was that long.

"I'm sorry for how I acted, I shouldn't have gotten so mad about Nathan just being there to support you. It hurts though when someone relies on another person then the one you are with. I'm sorry I withheld that we had dated before, and that I never told you earlier" Derek says folding his arms across his wide chest.

"I'm sorry for not handling the situation in a more mature way. But you don't have to worry about me being with Nathan, that's never something that will need to enter your mind" I say giving him as reassuring of a look as I could muster.

"You're forgiven" Derek says slowly moving towards me.

"Come here" I say and he closes the distance before I wrap him in my arms and felt welcomed, the weight of guilt I felt lifting with each second he held me. Out of habit I began tracing the tattoo on his back that let to the sleeve on his arm, and down to his elbow.

"I love you Derek, and I'm sorry for making you feel this way, I won't do it again" I say genuinely meaning those words from the bottom of my heart.

"I love you two, also keep in touch with Vanessa, she may have called me a stuck up prick, and I deserved that in all honesty".

"That's just something that comes with being from the same family Nathan is".

"I guess that is true, they all have this ability to scare the shit out of anyone they want by giving the most well thought out threats while remaining calmer then a stone" Derek comments.

"Eventually you'll get used to it" I say looking up at him only to see him grin down at me.

"I doubt that" he says before dipping his head down and placing a kiss on my lips that felt like a fire, and causing me to want nothing more then to remain like this in his arms while he kissed me passionately.

"Make a baby in a different room of the house, some of us aren't accustomed to live make out sessions" Nathan says with a wry smile.

"Shut up Nathan" I shoot back and he just laughs.

"I'll leave you two be, besides I have a drive to take if I wish to be home for lunch" he says pulling out his car keys and heading to the door while I watched Vanessa follow before I looked back to Derek.

"I think slowly I'm going to like him more".

"Why?" I ask turning my head slightly.

"Because he bugs you" Derek admits with a smirk.

"I can't deal with more teasing".

"Too late" he adds and I groan while he laughs, though I know I will be left to teasing a lot more now that we'd made up and it was Derek's favourite past time.

Yay done this update, mentally planning this book has been fun, it's the finale some of you will skin me for, oh well it'll be worth it, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 5.4K 76
"Why didn't you tell me you like it rough?" Nathan says excitedly as he pulls me on top of him, moving against me without actually entering me. "I ca...
168K 2.5K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...
3.3K 351 78
{Book #3 of The Devils Series} Six years has passed since Scarlett lost her memories and Derek and Nathan promised to not say a word. But some secret...
369 20 32
Melodious Lightening had it all the money, the fame, and the fans. But when her newfound faith is put into the spotlight, and she has to choose betwe...