avatar love story (aang x rea...

By avatarjenora

Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision versio... More

Revision!
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chaper 5
chapter 5's moment
6
7
ch 7 part to
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
part 17 IM WHAT!!!?!!!?!!!
18
19
ch 20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 part 1
33 part 2
33 part 3
33 part 4
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
50 part 2
51
sister to sister talk!
52
bonus
53
54
55
56
I am truly sorry

23

11.8K 238 578
By avatarjenora

Sokka: Hey, you takin' us down for a reason?

Appa is indeed descending. Appa emits a low groan. Aang, still zoned out.)

Sokka: Aang! (Aang flinches) Why are we going down?

Aang: What? (Wiping his forehead with his left hand) I didn't even notice.

They are descending at a steady rate.)

Sokka: Are you noticing now?

Katara: Is something wrong?

Aang: (looking down at the swamp with a slightly fierce expression) I know this is gonna sound weird, but... I think the swamp is... calling to me. (he looks at _ who seems out of it, she is sitting on her knees on the right side of appas saddle, her breathing is so still you cant see her back, shoulder or stomack move with her breathing, its like she isnt, her hands are holding,.. well, are placed on the outlining edge of the saddle. shes completly still. the only thing thats moving is her ponytail and tiny braids one on each side of her head connected to her ponytail, like kataras hairloopies, flowing due to the wind) she can feel it to, right _?

no response

katara: _?

_ snaps out of it

_: hu? what?

aang: you feel it calling, feel the swamp telling us something, dont you?

_: ya, its strong to. its like its telling us to go there. but thats what its telling you. (aang) not me, well, not only.

Sokka: (holding his stomach) Is it telling ya where we can get something to eat?

Aang: No, I... I think it wants us to land there.

Sokka: No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on.

katara: what is it telling you _

_: its telling us to go there, both me and aang, but its telling me something or someone is waiting for me to find them, im not entirely sure what... but its important.

Aang: and i don't know... Bumi said to learn earthbending I would have to wait and listen, and now I'm actually hearing the earth. Do you want me and _ to ignore it?

Sokka: Yes! besides, she only hears this because there seems to be some magicy thing between you! my sister was normal before you!

_: are you saying im weird

sokka: no! just the abilities to see hear and do things that seem connected with him!

_: well what if i dont have a problem being connected to him!! (she realizes what she said, her and aang blush, katara smiles knowingly and sokka is just taken by suprise) ok i-i d-did not uh... mean it that way, i um..... lets just head to the swamp.

Katara: I don't know... There's something ominous about that place.

(Momo chitters and appa groans.)

Sokka: See Even Appa and Momo don't like it here.

Aang: Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this... bye swamp.

Aang: Yip! Yip!

_: hey i voted for swamp.... oh well, its going to bite us in the but for ignoring it

sokka: how is a stupid swamp going to...

As Appa and the gang recede, a huge noise is heard. A moment later a large tornado heads their way. It moves at terrifying speed in pursuit of the kids, tearing up the swamp as it goes. His eyes bulge as he sees what is pursuing them.)

_: see told you!

Sokka: You better throw in an extra "yip"! We gotta move!

(Appa tries desperately to evade the tornado. Aang manipulates the reigns furiously. The tornado is right on top of them, however, and they are unable to distance themselves. As the whirlwind bears down on them, Sokka is blown off the saddle. Katara catches his arm and holds onto him. As Sokka screams, Aang jumps out of the driver's seat and onto the saddle. He instantly creates an air bubble around them and Appa, just as they are sucked into the tornado. Sokka falls back into the saddle as Aang struggles to keep out the whirlwind. He fails as one of Appa's toes begins to stick out of Aang's protective air blister. Aang's barrier collapses and they are engulfed in the tornado, which throws them out in all different directions.

Cut to a shot outside the tornado. Appa is ejected deep into the swamp, knocking down much in his path as witnessed by the dust and dirt cloud that erupts over the swamp canopy. Cut to a shot inside the swamp as Katara _ and Sokka drop from the sky into the muddy water. It is dark in here, even though it is still daytime. The swamp canopy screens out most of the sunlight. A second later Aang drops into the frame using his airbending to cushion his fall. Cut to a shot of a Sokka shaped shadow in the water. Sokka gets up, rubbing his head and making pained sounds. The three get up and look about them.)

Aang: Where's Appa and Momo?

(Aang airbends himself through the trees and emerges at the top of the tree canopy. He scans around, but sees nothing.)

Aang: (calling fruitlessly) Appa! Momo!

(Cut back to an overhead shot of Sokka and Katara walking through the swamp. Cut to a shot of a crocodile like monster sits in the water some distance away, then cut back to Katara who points at Sokka.)

Katara: Sokka! You've got an elbow leech!

Sokka: (freaking out) Where! Where!

(After he stops moving, it is clear the leech is hanging from his elbow. Katara crosses her arms and looks coolly at her brother.)

_: Where do you think?

Sokka: (angrily ripping off the leech and throwing it near Katara) Why do things keep attaching to me!

(Katara looks angrily at her brother for a moment before cut to a wide shot of Aang swinging on a vine back towards them.)

Katara: You couldn't find them?

Aang: No... and the tornado... it just disappeared.

(Cut to a frontal shot of Katara and Sokka, who turn around to look behind them into the dark depths of the swamp. some vines and weeds. A machete cuts through them to reveal Sokka and the others behind him.)

Sokka: We better speed things up!

Aang: (concerned) Maybe... we should be a little nicer to the swamp.

Sokka: (continuing to chop through the vines) Aang, these are just plants! Do you want me to say "please" and "thank you" as I swing my machete back and forth?

Katara: (also concerned) Maybe you should listen to Aang. (Cut to an overhead shot of the dark swamp) Something about this place feels... alive.

_: i have a stong feeling it is, (this is her earth bending and plant bending connection) i mean, i can just feel all the energy, its so soothing, i feel like im gaining energy from it. like how i felt so connected and powerful when the moon is up, especially the full moon. its fufilling. but i feel their pain when you cut them. if you havent notice my auras somehow conected to theirs makes my flinch with you chopping the vines, like my energy weekens with each cut.

aang smiles at her

aang: that was deep, you just seem so together with everything, like your connected to each element, each spirit that you feel other things energy, its really cool.

_: thanks, now if only my pig head of a brother would STOP CUTTING THE PLANTS i could stop flinching and feel their pained energy!

Sokka addressing Katara ignoring _s energy speech.

Sokka: (slightly annoyed and gesturing with his machete) I'm sure there are lots of things that are alive here, and if we don't wanna wind up getting eaten by them, we need to find Appa as fast as we can.

(Sokka begins cutting a path with his machete once again.

_: urg! will, you, stop.

(he continues to cut)

_: man (shes begining to sound drained, shes in the swamp, she cant gain power from the sun like a fire bender, there are a bunch of trees around with thick stumps so its kind of humid, so no good or propper wind energy use like an airbender, and plant energy is a sub element from a mixture of both water and earth bending, so her legend elements are weak enough, and her biological tribe element is failing as well to give her strength... thanks to sokka) hu..... (she stops walking then colapses)

gaang: ___!!!

katara lifts her up. she hugs herself trying to 'hold herself togther'

aang: are you going to listen now sokka!

sokka: what, what are you talking about, are you blaming me she fell?!

aang: she didnt trip and fall! her energy is weak and is draing! she told you shes in a way connected to these plants somehow, and told you to stop cutting but you didnt!

sokka: please, she probably just tired or something, and maybe she did trip.

katara: sokka, our sister isnt a kluts!

_: it-its fine, go a hea-d sokka, c-cuuut awawy. drain my temporary power/energer source. seeing as you alralrready drain most ooff me. why dont you take it all.

sokka: but... oh come on, there is no way shes connected to these plants!

aang takes _ from katara, wraps an arm around her waist, her left side on aang, her right arm around his neck, but as sokka drained her to much not intentionaly, she didnt have the energy to walk, but it was slowly coming back, so aang bent down alittle and picked her up bride style.

aang: lets go..

sokka: but... i... urg.

Katara: (calling out) Appa! Momo!

Sokka: There's no way they can hear us and no way we can see them. We'll have to make camp for the night.

(Sokka is suddenly surrounded by about a dozen swamp flies which he flails at with his arms and machete. They go away just as a huge bubble of swamp gas burps from the muddy water beneath them. The gas rises up to them.)

Katara: What was that!

Sokka: Nothing. Just swamp gas. (The gas begins to swirl about them) Look, there's nothing supernatural going on here.

All: (As the gas reaches there noses) Ugh!

(Their disgust in interrupted by a terrifying scream. The stop in mid retch and grab each other with bugged out eyes. The camera zooms backward to reveal a white bird in the foreground with a huge mouth. This is the source of the scream. It screams once more and flies off. Cut back to the terrified kids still gripping each other.)

Sokka: I think we should build a fire...

(Sokka runs over to some nearby tree or vine roots and starts hacking them with his machete. Aang and Katara

_: ah... st-stop.

Aang: Sokka, the longer we're here the more I think you shouldn't be doing that.

Sokka: (slightly sarcastically) No, I asked the swamp. It said this was fine. (He turns to address a nearby root) Right, swamp? (he grabs the root and begins to shake as he fakes a reply in a funny voice) "No problem, Sokka!"

(He then chops the top of the root off with his machete. Cut to a frontal shot of Aang, displeased and Katara disconcerted.

_: ahh!

katara: __! sokka do you not care your hurting _!

sokka: shes just being a drama queen. (man, who thinks sokkas being a jerk)

aang: stay calm stay calm (he whispered to himself)

Switch to a long shot of the kids on a ledge created by the root system of a large tree. They have built their camp on it and sit around a small fire. It is sometime later that night.

Cut to Katara looking around out of the camp. She turns back to address the others, a slightly creeped out look on her face.)

Katara: Does anyone else get the feeling that we're being watched?

(The camera pans right across Aang to stop on Sokka, who responds in annoyed tone. A few flies continue to buzz around him, but not the others.)

Sokka: Please, we're all alone out here.

(He starts swatting at the fly with his machete and misses. Cut to a wider shot of the group as the fly turns into a ball of incandescent light. They shield their eyes from the light, then cut to a closer profile view of the three kids. Behind them in the swamp, many glowing eyes look down up them. The three turn their heads to look at the sinister eyes.)

Aang: ...except for them.

(They turn back to the camera with frightened faces and the eyes disappear behind them. They grab each other in a group hug.)

Sokka: (terrified) Right, except for them.

(Fade to a view of the swamp. It is still night. The screen pans up to show Appa lying down on the lowest branch of a huge tree. Cut to a closer shot of Appa, Momo perched atop him. The sounds of the swamp are all around them, and Momo scurries around, listening, and frightened at the cacophony. Cut to a close up of Appa, who opens an eye, lift his head and roars. The swamp falls silent. lala curls up on Appa and tries to sleep. while momo grabs food for her... hu i wonder why

Cut to a shot of the kids' fire. It is dying. The camera zooms back to reveal the three, backs to each other, fast asleep.

Shift again to the p.o.v. of the stalker from earlier in the story. Through a bunch of vines the stalker observes the kids from afar. Cut to a vine snaking its way across the ground. The camera pans up to reveal its target - Sokka - whose left leg sticks out. The vine winds around it and then around his whole body. each tied up by three or four vines that snake out. For a moment they are still asleep, but awake screaming as the vines simultaneously yank them all out off the screen and away from each other. _ gaind some energy back as its been 30 minutes

Cut to Sokka. He plants his machete in the ground as he is dragged away, halting his movement. _ Katara and Aang are dragged off into the mist. Sokka gets up and starts hacking the vines with his machete. He frees himself and runs back down the tree root, pursued by more vines.

Katara, struggling to free herself from the vines. Using a water whip she cuts through her bonds and runs off into the mist.

_ gets herself free by bending the vines, she walks (she isnt 20-20 yet) to find aang and the others, if not, at least one of the 3.

Aang, who frees himself by creating an air bubble around him and expanding it. His bonds loosened, he collapses the bubble and hops into the surrounding trees, closely pursued by more vines. He escapes a vine that pulls him to the ground using his airbending to propel himself far away and soon finds himself alone in the swamp.

Aang: Guys?

Katara walking through an area where the tree roots are covered in white flowers.)

Katara: (calling out) Aang? (Cut to a closer shot) Sokka? _? you there?

(Cut to Katara's p.o.v. Ahead of her is another water tribe woman, back to the camera. She wears the same robe as Katara and has the same hair style. Katara begins walking toward the figure.)

Katara: Hello? Hello? Can you help me? (She squints, then cut to again to water tribe woman's back) Mom? (More loudly and running towards the figure) Mom!

(Cut to a profile shot of Katara as she runs, her eyes streaming tears of joy. She reaches the figure and places a hand on her shoulder.)

Katara: I can't believe...

(The smile drops from her face as the scene begins to lighten. Cut to a wider shot. Katara stands in front of a tree stump. The figure was an illusion. Katara gasps at the realization, then falls to her knees and begins to cry. Cut to an overhead shot of the devastated water tribe girl, then fade to shot of Sokka's hand holding his machete high. The rest of Sokka appears.)

Sokka: Aang! (He is cutting a path in the vines before him with his weapon) Stupid swamp! Dumb, ugly vines! Katara! _! (Turning to another vine in his way) You think you're so tough, huh?

(He swings, misses, gets caught up in some vines, and falls flat on his face in the mind. He looks up and sees a ghostly figure hovering some distance away from him. Floating in a shaft of light, it is the spirit form of Princess Yue.)

Sokka: Hello? (Sokka walks forward) Yue? (Sokka grabs the side of his head and looks away) This is just a trick of the light... swamp gas... (he turns around, his back to the ghost) I... hit my head running away last night. I'm going crazy.

(He turns around, still frightened. He walks over to her.)

Princess Yue: (her voice sounds as if from far away, echoing) You didn't protect me.

(Sokka rubs his eyes and suddenly the shaft of light is empty. He turns to walk away and Yue is behind him. He yells and falls backwards into the water. He looks around once more, and she's gone. He stands, draws his machete, and walks off, a frown on his face.

_: hello? aang? sokka? katara? anybody? (she sees 'aang') aang! (she all of a sudden sees other girls with him, much pretier then her, in her opinion, throwing themselves and flirting at him)

'aang': why would i like a girl like you, youve been lying to me. you are lying to me to katara to sokka, to yourself. no one would date you, ever.

she falls to her knees and cries,

_: no, i-i-i i didnt lie, i didnt

when she looks up, 'aang' and the girls are gone

Fade to an overhead shot of Aang walking through the swamp.)

Aang: (calling out) _! Appa!

(Cut to a shot from behind Aang's back. Above him on a stone or earthen mound are two figures in white.)

Aang: Hello?

(Cut to a closer shot of the two. The one on the left is a pig with wings. The one on the right is a girl in a white robe.)

Aang: Who are you?

(The girl covers her mouth with her hands and laughs. The pig flaps its wings and raises itself into the air. The pig flies off and the girl runs down the opposite side of the mound. Cut back to Aang.)

Aang: Hey, come back!

(Aang pursues the girl through the swamp through several shots. She seems to be many places at once, able to move at lightning speed, or both. Aang cannot reach her. Shift back to Aang still in pursuit of the laughing girl. After a few more shots, he spies her on top of another mound.)

Aang: Who are you?

(He runs up the mound and charges her. She turns, but it is not the girl in white, it is Katara. Cut back to Aang, who realizes too late that it is Katara. He runs right into her and knocks her off the mound. She cries out as they go down. Cut to Sokka walking along, then drawing his sword as he hears something approach. The other two appear rolling into the frame and knock him down as well. The land in a pile at the bottom of another tree root. Sokka gets up, angry.)

Sokka: What do you guys think you're doing! I've been looking all over for you!

Katara: (displeased with Sokka's attitude) Well, I've been wandering around looking for you!

Aang: (airbending himself to his feet) I was chasing some girl.

Katara: What girl? (she asks for her sisters sake)

Aang: (helping Katara to her feet) I don't know. I heard laughing and I saw some girl in a fancy dress.

Sokka: (sarcastically) Well, there must be a tea party here and we just didn't get our invitations!

Katara: (after a pause and looking down) I thought I saw Mom.

Sokka: (again after a pause and looking down) Look, we were all just scared and hungry and our minds were playing tricks on us. That's why we all saw things out here.

Katara: You saw something too?

Sokka: (turning away) I thought I saw Yue. But, that doesn't prove anything. Look, I think about her all the time, and you saw Mom, someone you miss a lot.

Aang: What about me? I didn't know the girl I saw. And all our visions led us right here. where's _... we're all here, so where is she! (he started to panic)

_: no. im stronger then this, aang cares about me, im not listening to some-some dumb hurtful illusion. i know its an illusion, it has to be.... now why did you (swamp) call me.

she places her hand on a vine and sences 3 life forms not to far ahead she head in their direction

_: gasp (shes sees an eeg and 2 types of animal babies) a polar bear-dog, a snow fox and a... drangon egg! ho-how? (she uses her plant bending to make a basket and places the to baby animals into it. she then places her hands on the egg) brrr... your so cold. maybe this will help. (she focuses her energy and heat into her hands, she started wrming up the egg, her heat also ratiated the babies.. the egg began to glow with a blinding light) AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(Aang begins scanning around as if looking for something.)

Katara: Okay... so where's here? The middle of the swamp?

Aang: Yeh, the center...

(As Aang speaks, cut to a wide shot of the swamp that zooms backwards to reveal that they are standing at the base of the largest tree imaginable.)

aang: where could she be!

_: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

katara/aang:_!

they run to the direction of the scream.

and they couldnt believe their eyes. they saw _ on the ground, a small dragon tattoo on her left wrist. a baby/small dragon trying to wake her up, along with a baby snow fox and baby polar bear-dog)

sokka: you guys see the animals, baby dragon and tattoo oh her wrist right.

katara/aang: uhhu

_ began to stir

_: hu? what the... (sees the dragon) aww arent you cute. (it wraps around her shoulder, the to baby animals nuzzling their heads to either side of her waiste, she smiles)

katara: aww, how did these little cuties get her.

sokka: really? thats the first thing you ask... not hey why did you scream, howd you get the tattoo on your left wrist

_: tattoo?! (she looks at it) HU?!

aang: ok just calm down, are you ok?

_: i was until i found out i had a tattoo! i dont know how it got there! all i remember was looking for you guys, then i decided to let the swamp tell me why it wanted me here, the i found these 3, tho miss pink from the head, turning purple from the bottom (dragon) was only an egg at first. (the dragon is a shade of pink from the head then when you trail down, she gets darker then becomes full purple at the tails end) the all of a sudden her egg glows and then it must of hatched with a blinding light causing me to scream.... i have no i clue to where this (holding up her wrist) came from

aang: well at least your ok.

katara: they are so cute.

_: can i keep them! can i keep them! hu! can i! can i! can I! (fast)

aang: we've go room in this family

katara: hope momo and lala dont get jealous

_: yes! now come on, the heart of the swamp is calling!

sokka: urg, plants cant talk!

_: whatever you say big brother....... come n!

she grabs aangs hand and runs to where the swamp tells her. her new pets follow they are back to where aang and the oldest siblings were before they found _

Aang: It's the heart of the swamp, it's been calling us here, (smiles) I knew it.

Sokka: (frustrated) It's just a tree. It can't call anyone! For the last time, there's nothing after us and there's nothing magical happening here.

(At that moment a huge swamp monster, seemingly made of vines bursts from the water behind the log. Cut to a close up of the three hugging each other and screaming their heads off. An animated effect appears behind them to accentuate the terror. the three standing on the tree root looking up in terror at the camera. Cut to a close up of the monster which has a very simple, carved wooden mask on its face. The camera zooms back as the vine monster swings at Aang. The three break up and run out of the frame in different directions.

The monster grabs Sokka as he runs away and begins flailing him around. Aang turns and knocks Sokka out of the monster's grip with a blast of air. Sokka falls into the water with a yell. The monster then knocks Aang way back with a sweep of its arm. Sokka cutting vines around him with his machete. To his right, the vines start rising out of the water. The camera pans up to reveal the vines attaching itself to the monster and rebuilding the right arm that Aang had damaged with his blast of air when he released Sokka. The monster swings at Sokka and grabs him again.

Cut to Katara who skates across the water in a graceful curve and fires a jet of water through the creatures left shoulder. The creature drops Sokka, a large hole in its left shoulder. Katara squares off against the creature as it fills the hole with more vines. Cut to a close shot of Katara who looks on in alarm. Katara skirts around the monster as it swings a few times and misses. She sprays some water at it and then concentrates, building a large wave and washing the creature backwards. Sokka screams, as he is once again in the monster's clutches.

_ then parts the water between her and the monster. She runs down the dry earth in front of her, but the creature knocks her backward with vines that grow right out from its body.

Cut to Aang running back to the fight. Katara sails the other way in the background, yelling as she goes. Aang turns back just in time to get smacked backwards by another vine appendage. Cut back to the monster which has Sokka in its grip. It places Sokka on its and begins to suck him in. Sokka struggles, but is slowly drawn in.

Cut to a swamp shot that pans down to reveal the monster flailing about, then cut to Sokka still struggling in the monster's chest. Shift to Aang approaching rapidly across the water, seated on an air ball. Aang rides the air ball up the monsters torso and back as the monster swings at him and misses. Aang lands atop its head and begins to make a whirlwind around the monster. The whirlwind twists the vines that compose the monster into a huge coil.

Switch to _ who makes a few waterbending motions then blows a breath out that freezes the water vapor in front of her. Her breath has frozen the vines around Sokka. She raises a column of water behind her that propels her and Sokka through the chest of the monster and into the water behind. The monster repairs the hole in its chest and begins to advance on the pair.

Cut to Aang jumping through the air and landing on the monster's back. Aang jumps back onto the ground and the monster blasts him out of the frame again. Aang goes flying through the air and lands back in the water.

Katara turns back to the monster, an expression of determination on her face. The camera zooms back as she begins to rapid fire loops of water at the monster as it approaches. Cut to a profile shot of Katara and the monster. The loops get larger the farther they get from Katara. As they strike the monster, the sound of a cutting knife is heard. A few close ups show the water slicing the vines apart. One of the close ups reveals that there is a man inside the monster dressed like Due and Tho. _ with katara, continues to rapid fire and the monster begins to disintegrate, revealing a few more glimpses of the man inside. Cut to Sokka.)

Sokka: There's someone in there! He's bending the vines!

(Cut back to Katara who twirls around in a bending move and slices the mask and the head of the monster with a mighty lash of the water whip. The head and mask fall into the water as a bunch of vines grab Katara. Sokka watches as Aang flies back into the picture and with a single blast of air blows away the rest of the monster to reveal a fat, leaf clad man.)

Aang: (angry) Why did you call me here if you just wanted to kill us?

Hue: (dropping the rest of the vines around him) Wait! I didn't call you here.

Aang: We were flying over and I heard something calling to me, telling me to land.

Sokka: He's the Avatar. Stuff like that happens to us - a lot. and this one can feel and sees what he can most of the time

Hue: The Avatar! Come with me.

(The kids drop their combat stances and then fade to a view of the swamp from above the canopy. It is daylight. The kids and Hue are climbing the exposed roots of the great tree at the center of the swamp.)

Katara: So, who are you then?

(Cut to a closer view of the group. Hue bends a vine out of their way.)

Hue: I protect the swamp from folks that want to hurt it. (He lets Aang and Katara pass, and then to Sokka as he in turn passes) Like this fellow with his big knife.

_: i told him to stop

Sokka: (to his friends) See? Completely reasonable. Not a monster (he sheathes his machete as he follows Aang and Katara who have now exited the frame), just a regular guy defending his home. Nothing mystical about it.

hue: yeah, ive been watching you, you are connected to the swams energy, you got week with each cut you witness and are close by.

_: see! told you sokka.

Hue: Oh and the swamp is a mystical place, all right. It's sacred. I reached enlightenment right here under the banion grove tree. (He sits) I hear it callin' me, just like you did.

Sokka: Sure ya did. It seems real chatty.

Hue: See, this whole swamp is actually just one tree spread out over miles...

_: thats so cool

Hue: Branches spread and sink and take root and then spread some more - one big living organism, just like the entire world.

Aang: I get how the tree is one big thing, but, the whole world?

Hue: Sure. You think you're any different from me? Or your friends? Or this tree? If you listen hard enough you can hear every living thing breathing together, you can feel everything growing. We're all livin' together, even if most folks don't act like it. We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree.

_: i believe that.

hue: you my friend, are quite wise, i can see that, the swamp can see that, do you see that.

_: well, i like to read books and anythig that happens or i read stays up here, so im smart but wise? no. there is a difference. being smart is being educated with facts and knowledge... being wise, is being smart threw expiriences, understanding things beond books and scrolls, to give advise that is so helpfull to help those who are confused along the way, thus i am not.

hue: with what you just said, you dont think your wise, you can be wiser then me.

Katara: But what did our visions mean?

Hue: In the swamp we see visions of people we've lost, people we loved... folks we think are gone. But the swamp tells us they're not.

Hue: We're still connected to'em. Time is an illusion, and so is death.

Aang: But what about my vision It was someone I had never met.

Hue: (smiling) You're the Avatar. You tell me.

(Cut to a profile shot of Aang, who tries to puzzle this out.)

Aang: (to himself) Time is an illusion... so, it's... (looks up at Hue, realization spreading across his face) someone I will meet?

(Cut back to Hue, smiling, who winks at Aang to a subtle sound effect. Then cut to a wider shot of the group. Sokka stands up and addresses the group)

_: but mine wasnt about someone i lost, or will meet, it was someone close to me, telling my i lied to said person... but im not lying to that person, hiding or keeping something secret maybe, but not lying, so why would my illusion say i was

hue: ahh. you my friend, was a guilt trip, the fact your keeping something to yourself is subconciously 'eating you alive' so the swamp made you see what you fear and made you feel the guilt of the secret.

Sokka: Sorry to interrupt the lesson, but we still need to Appa and Momo and lala.

Aang/(y/n): I think I know how to find them. (Aang leans forward and places his hand on the tree root. He closes his eyes and begins to concentrate.) Everything is connected.

Aang: Come on! We've got to hurry!

(Cut to a hand strumming the side of a boat.)

Tho: (singing) Set my lines by the river bed! (Cut to a wider shot of Tho, Momo struggling in the bag in front of him, Appa caught in a net being towed behind him.) Caught ten fish and I killed'em dead! (Cut to a wider shot of the two boats slowing being waterbended forward.) Cut'em and gut'em and I tossed the heads in the water to keep them cat gators dead.

(Suddenly a jet of water erupts beyond the boats and destroys the one farther one that does not contain Due and Tho. Cut to an overhead shot of the captured Appa from the p.o.v. of a tree branch. Aang appears on the tree branch.)

Aang: Appa!

(Aang unleashes a blast of air that knocks Tho off the boat. He drops the bag with Momo as he flies off and Momo gets out and flies away.)

Due: We're under attack!

(Due waterbends a wall of water up at Aang and Katara, who has joined Aang on the tree branch, which they bend away from them. Cut to Katara, who bends back and forth as she manipulates the water.)

Katara: Hey, you guys are waterbenders!

(Cut to Due.)

Due: (smiling) You too? That means we're kin!

(Cut back to Katara, who looks vaguely horrified. Cut to a wider shot as the water wall collapses between them. Sokka and Hue run up the tree branch to Aang and Katara. They look down, then cut to Due.)

Due: (Putting his hands on his hips and smiling) Hey, Hue! How you been?

Hue: (smiling sheepishly) You know, scared some folks, swung some vines, the usual.

(The camera pans to the kids looking with various expressions of surprise over at Hue.)

Sokka: Hue?

(Cut to an overhead long shot of a campfire with the kids and the swamp men around it. Appa is with them, freed. Cut to a closer shot. They are eating meat off shish-kabobs.)

Due: How you like that possum chicken? why arent you eaten? (_)

_: thanks but no thanks, i dont wat meat, have been since 5, when i ran away and not being forced to eat it.

aang: you ran away? why?!

sokka: she craved independence.

katara: thats why she hasnt seen dad in years, unlike sokka and i who have 2 years ago. she only came back after dad left.

sokka: we all searched for her, but gran gran said there was no point, that she has gone far with waterbending and we wouldntfind her. and we didnt.

_: hey i also craved knowledge, i went to so many cities not to far, of course i took care of myself well, i grew my own food, read any books i could get my hands on, made money by selling the 12 fish i got a day. 13 pounds about each. id then use that money on esentials, food, seeds, clothes and if i had extra money to spare, id give it to other kids or people on the streats, maybe by a book or two.

aang: even then you were kind and brave hearted

hue: and she says shes not wise.

(Cut to a shot from between Hue and Tho, looking at Katara and Sokka across the campfire. A catfish crocodile sits just behind Hue and Tho in the foreground.)

Sokka: (answering dues question examining his kabob) Tastes just like arctic hen. (Looking up at them) So why were you guys so interested in eating Appa? (Points at the catfish crocodile) You've got plenty of those big things wandering around.

Due: (incredulously) You want me to eat old Slim? He's like a member of the family!

(Due takes a fish off his kabob and tosses it at Slim, who eats it in one bite.)

Sokka: Nice Slim!

(Sokka throws a piece of roasted insect at Slim, but it bounces off his mouth. Slim turns and growls at Sokka, who recoils in terror.)

Due: (laughing) Oh, he don't eat no bugs! That's people food.

Tho: Where d'you say you're from?

Katara: The South Pole.

Tho: Didn't know there was waterbenders anywhere but here. They got a nice swamp there, do they?

Katara: No, it' all ice and snow.

(Tho and Due look surprised.)

Tho: Hmm. No wonder you left.

Sokka: (To his sister in a slightly sanctimonious tone) Well, I hope you realize now that nothing strange was going on here. Just a bunch of greasy people living in a swamp.

Katara: What about the visions?

Sokka: I told you, we were hungry. I'm eating a giant bug!

_: i bet you'd do that even if you WERENT hungry.

sokka glares at her, the others (but the swamp people kuse they dont get it) laugh

(Sokka lifts up what appears to be a huge fruit fly, fully the size of a grown cat, and takes a huge bite out of it and swallows. The camera pans over to Aang, seated in front of Appa with Momo in his lap. Hue is seated next to him, eating.)

Aang: But what about when the tree showed me where Appa lala and Momo were?

Sokka: That's Avatar stuff, that doesn't count. (To Hue) The only thing I can't figure out is how you made that tornado that sucked us down.

Hue: I can't do anything like that. I just bender the water in the plants.

Sokka: (trying to sweep the issue under the carpet) Well, no accounting for weather. Still, there's absolutely nothing mysterious about the swamp.

momo hands lala many dead bugs, and some friut he found

_: has anyone else noticed lalas been sleeping and eating more.

sokka: nope

aang: yeah

katara: yes, i wonder why, i hope shes not sick

_: i hope so too
.
.
.
.
.
.
sooo who can guess what happened, tho it shouldnt be hard. its been 6 days since the cave of to lovers *hint*hint*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water 💧 ...
296K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
476 10 4
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
98.6K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...