avatar love story (aang x rea...

By avatarjenora

Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision versio... More

Revision!
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chaper 5
chapter 5's moment
7
ch 7 part to
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
part 17 IM WHAT!!!?!!!?!!!
18
19
ch 20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 part 1
33 part 2
33 part 3
33 part 4
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
50 part 2
51
sister to sister talk!
52
bonus
53
54
55
56
I am truly sorry

6

20.4K 444 154
By avatarjenora

It is a beautiful day with lazy, puffy white clouds and sunshine. Katara stretches out on her stomach looking over Appa's side, while Sokka whittles

Katara: Those clouds look so soft, don't they? Like you could just jump down and you'd land in a big, soft cottony heap.

Sokka: Maybe you should give it a try.

Katara: You're hilarious.

___: you know that clowds are just-

Aang, who has a wide grin on his face.

Aang: I'll try it! Yehhhh!

He jumps right off Appa's side, laughing and hurtling down through the clouds with his staff. Sokka ___ and Katara look over the side of Appa as he plunges through a cloud. A moment later Aang lands next to them with his glider. He is soaking wet

Aang: Turns out clouds are made of water!

___: i trIED to tell you.

He airbends himself dry. Sokka and Katara eye him strangely. Suddenly, Katara turns and looks ahead.

Katara: Hey, what is that?

___: oh no

Up ahead, the floor of the valley below around the river is black instead of vegetation green.

Sokka: It's like a scar.

Burnt tree stumps dot the barren landscape. The four have dismounted Appa and are walking around. Aang is in the foreground, Katara on his left back near Appa and Sokka to her right. with ___ on the right of aang

Sokka: Listen, it's so quiet. There's no life anywhere.

___:aang, are you ok?

there are footprints on the burnt ground. Sokka is examining them

Sokka: Fire Nation! Those evil savages make me sick! They have no respect for -

Katara: Shh!

Sokka (whispering): What? I'm not allowed to be angry?

Katara points ahead. Aang, standing ahead, clearly upset. He sinks to his knees in the dust and sighs. Aang begins to run his hands through the burnt earth.

Aang: Why would anyone do this? How could I let this happen?

___: Aang, you didn't let this happen. It has nothing to do with you.

Aang: Yes it does. It's the Avatar's job to protect nature. But, I don't know how to do my job.

Katara: That's why we're going to the North Pole to find you a teacher.

Aang: Yeh, a waterbending teacher, but there's no one who can teach me how to be the Avatar. Monk Gyatso said that Avatar Roku would help me.

Sokka: The Avatar before you? He died over a hundred years ago, how are you supposed to talk to him?

Aang: I don't know.

Momo jumps into his lap and begins to chitter. Aang pets his back.

Aang is still kneelingin the wasteland. ___ approaches him from behind.

___: Hey Aang, are you ready to be cheered up?

Aang: No.

An acorn flys by, hitting Aang on the side of the head.

Aang: Ow!

Aang looks at ___ but sees her put her ands up in defence then at Katara, now in the foreground bouncing another acorn up and down in her right hand.

Aang: Hey, how was that cheering me up?

Sokka: Hehe, cheered me up.

Sokka, promptly gets whacked by an acorn from Katara on this side of his head.

Sokka: Ow! Yeh, I probably deserved that.

katara hands ___ the last acorn shes holing and with eyes told her to 'take this one' she smiled then the younger one smiled back.

___: These acorns are everywhere, Aang. That means the forest will grow back. Every one of these will be a tall oak tree someday, and all the birds and animals that lived here will come back.

Momo and lala dig furiously in the scorched earth, emerging both with a double handful of acorns. ___ places an acorn in the palm of Aang's hands and closes it.

Aang (smiling): Thanks, ___

___ smiles and her then katara makes a startled sound, an old man in green using a walking stick approaching the group, the old man walks up to Aang)

Sokka: Hey, who are you?

Old Man: When I saw the flying bison, I thought it was impossible, but those markings... are you the Avatar child?

Aang turns to ___, who nods her head. He turns back to the old man and nods his head in turn.

Old Man: My village desperately needs your help.

they follow the man to the village. Much of it has been burned out and destrioyed. They enter one of the buildings where some villagers are gathered. As the Old Man introduces Aang to the people, a man, probably the village chief walks over

Old Man: This young person is the Avatar.

Chief: So the rumors of your return are true. (He bows.) It is the greatest honor of a lifetime to be in your presence.

Aang (bows): Nice to meet you too. (Pause). So...is there something I can help you with?

Chief : I'm not sure...

Old Man: Our village is in crisis, he's our only hope. For the last few days at sunset a spirit monster comes and attacks our village. He is Hei-Bai, the black and white spirit.

Sokka: Why is it attacking you?

Chief : We do not know, but each of the last three nights he has abducted one of our own. We are especially fearful because the winter solstice draws near.

Katara: What happens then?

Old Man: As the solstice approaches, the natural world and the spirit world grow closer and closer until the line between them is blurred completely.

Chief: Hei-Bai is already causing devastation and destruction. Once the solstice is here there is no telling what will happen.

Aang: So, what do you want me to do exactly?

Old Man: Who better to resolve a crisis between our world and the spirit world than the Avatar himself? You are the great bridge between man and spirits.

Aang (clearly lacking confidence): Right...that's me.

Katara: Hey, 'great bridge guy', can I talk to you over here for a second?

Katara walks over to a nearby window aang follows

Katara: Aang, you seem a little unsure about all this.

Aang: Yeh, that might be because I don't know anything at all about the spirit world. (Exasperated) It's not like there's someone to teach me this stuff!

Katara: So, can you help these people?

Aang: I have to try, don't I? Maybe whatever I have to do will just... come to me.

Momo jumps onto Aang's shoulder and chitters. Aang is surprised, but then smiles.

___: I think you can do it, Aang.

Sokka: Yehhh, we're all gonna get eaten by a spirit monster.

The sun has nearly set. Aang exiting the meetinghouse building where he had met the chief. The doors close behind him. Aang begins to walk through the village, hands defensively wrapped around his staff.

Aang: Hello? Spirit, can you hear me? This is the Avatar speaking. I'm... here to try to help stuff.

Aang is about to exit the village gate. Sokka ___ and Katara, backs to the audience, watching Aang from the window of the meeting house. The sun has almost set.

Sokka: This isn't right. We can't sit here and cower while Aang waits for some monster to show up.

The old man stands behind the siblings. Part way through the ensuing conversation

Old Man: If anyone can save us, he can.
Sokka: He still shouldn't have to face this alone.

Outside, the sun sets. The world darkens. Aang, stands at the village gate, like a gunslinger

Aang (shouting): The sun has set. Where are you, Hei-Bai? Well, spirit, uh, I hereby ask you to please leave this village in peace!

He twirls his staff like a marching baton and then plants it in the ground like a flag. His expression is resolute.

Aang: Okay. Well, I guess that's settled then.

Aang turns and begins to walk back to the village. Spirit whispers begin to be heard. Suddenly a massive shape emerges from the forest, its huge feet making large thudding sounds each time they hit the ground

Aang is still walking placidly up the village street, unaware that Hei-Bai is following right behind him. Hei-Bai is as big as a house, with six legs and black and white orca-like markings all over his body. He is vaguely mammalian and has razor sharp teeth. Aang realizes something is amiss and stops. He turns, looks up at the monster, and smiles.

Aang: You must be the Hei-Bai spirit. (He bows his head.) My name is...

He is cut off by a blast of air and blue energy from the mouth of the creature, Aang does not move but his staff is blown to the ground. The spirit rears itslef itself up on its hind-most legs and bellows, releasing another jet of blue energy from its mouth. It gets back on all six legs and then charges into the village, ignoring Aang and leaving him behind. Aang turns to address the monster as it moves in

Aang: My name is Aang! I'm the Avatar and I would like to help! Hey, wait up!

The spirit destroys in rapid succession two houses and a watchtower using its brute strength and blue energy. The monster continues to destroy building off screen as Aang follows it around trying to get its attention.

Aang: Uh...

at the meetinghouse window, where Katara ___ and Sokka look out. Sokka looks poised to jump out the window to join the fray. The village chief is behind them.

Chief: The Avatar's methods are... (they duck as flying debris hits the window) unusual.

Sokka: It doesn't seem too interested in what he's saying. Maybe we should go help him?

Old Man: No, only the Avatar stands a chance against the Hei-Bai.

Katara: Aang will figure out the right thing to do, Sokka.

Momo and lala appear to Sokka's right in the window, his eyes blinking widely. Just beyond, a huge pile of debris gets blown above the building. Hei-Bai enters from the right as the screen pans down to reveal Aang running to the building between he and the monster

Aang: Please, would you stop destroying things and listen?

He jumps on top of the building between them. He sees Hei-Bai pounding a building into the ground with his fists

Aang: I'm just trying to do my job as spirit bridge. Excuse me, would you please turn around? I command you to turn around now!

At this the monster does indeed turn around, swatting Aang backward off the top of the building. Aang flys through the air and hits a nearby roof. He slides off and collapses on the ground.

Sokka: That's it! He needs help! (He exits to his left.)

Katara: Sokka wait!

The doors of the meetinghouse open and Sokka runs out. Katara follows, but is stopped by the old man

Old Man: It's not safe!

___: hes my brother, and i just got him back (refuring to the fight) im not losing him again. and if i cant get out this exit, (looks at the window, then back at the man) ill use another one

she runs for the window, almost like a cat would she jumps threw it, her arms were out infront of her, when she 'flew' out the window she duckd and did a sumer-salt followed by 1 cart wheel and 2 front flips

old man: did you know she could do that? (he said with a shocked and wide-eyed expresion)

katara: nope (she shook her head in dis belief)

Aang is in the foreground, Sokka comes, hefting his boomering, having just emerged from the meeting house. Cut to close of Sokka, ready to shoot. ___ following)

Sokka: Hei-Bai! Over here!

He lets loose the boomerang. The boomerang rotates into view, hits the creature's butt, and bounces off with a sound effect indicating its harmless impact. It falls on the ground. Sokka, runs up to Aang, then ___)

Aang: Sokka, go back!

Sokka: We'll fight him together, Aang.

Aang: I don't wanna fight him unless I - huh!

Hei-Bai comes on screen in a flash from the left and takes Sokka. Both disappear in an instant, cutting Aang off in mid-sentence. Aang opens his staff into glider mode and takes off. Cut to the monster loping back into the forest, Aang gliding in pursuit. ___ makes a water tornado like aang did when he first went into the avatar state and was right by aang. katara runs out of the house, but stops at the village gate, clearly unable to catch up.

Katara: Sokka!

Katara, looks down in sadness, sympathetic villagers coming up behind her.

Aang gliding at breakneck speed through the forest in pursuit of Hei-Bai, then to Sokka in the grip of the monster, making scared noises. the monster where it is clear that Aang has pulled even with it and is beginning to pass, but he hits a branch and slows down.

Sokka: Aang, over here!

___: what am i chopped liver!

she begins to waterbend at the creature. and it DID NOT look happy. hei-bai jumps up for a second and grabs her.

aang: ___!

___: hey! let go of me you creep!

Aang is playing catch up again. Hei Bai enters the wasteland from the beginning, Aang close behind. both Sokka and ___ in the grip of the monster.

Sokka/___: Help!

Aang: Hang on, ___! Sokka!

Aang glides in closer, stretching his hand to Sokka, who is able to grab it. Just as Aang begins to pull Sokka free, however, both he, ___ and the monster vanish. Aang falls out of the sky in surprise. Cut to Aang laid out at the base of the stone statue of a bear. Aang sitting up, with a crescent moon overhead. Aang seems bathed in moonlight.

Aang: ___! NO!!! (He looks around) I failed.

Katara sitting at the village gate, looking into the forest. The old man comes up behind her while the noises of the night fill the air

Old Man: I'm sure they'll be back.

Katara: I know.

Old Man (putting a cover over Katara's back): You should get some rest.

Katara (holding Sokka's boomerang and trying to sound hopeful): Everything's gonna be okay.

Old Man: Your brother is in good hands. I would be shocked if the Avatar returned without him.

In the midst of the Old Man's comforting words, Aang appears along the forest trail leading up to the gate. In this light it is clear now that he is not just illuminated by the moon. He is in fact colored a light blue, as if he is glowing slightly in some surreal fashion. In the foreground we can see Katara's downcast face as Aang begins to speak.

Aang: Katara, Katara I lost them.

Neither she nor the old man react to Aang's voice. As Aang comes closer, the sun rises behind her and the old man

Old Man: The sun is rising. Perhaps he will return soon.

Aang: What? No, I'm right here! Grrr!!!

then he looks at himself then realises where he is.

Aang: I'm in the spirit world!

Aang (smiling): I'll figure this out, Katara, I promise. Like they said, I'm the bridge between the worlds, right? All I have to do is... figure out what I have to do. But once I do that, no problem!

Aang looks to his right, Appa moving along the outside of the wall towards Katara and Aang. He grunts and puts his nose up to her.

Aang: Appa! Hey buddy, I'm right here. But, I guess you can't see me either.

Appa keeps grunting at her until she looks up at him

Katara: It's ok, Appa. I'm sure they're on their way back. I bet they even found you a bunch of moon peaches for a treat.

she walks back into the village, Appa in tow. Aang turning to look back down the forest path.

Aang: What am I supposed to do?

Aang (shouting): Avatar Roku, how can I talk to you?

He gets no response at first and looks down in despair. Then, he notices something and looks back down the path, his face showing elation.

Aang: Sokka?

A light shines from down the path. The path reveals a blue spirit dragon flying toward him. Aang sees this with alarm.

Aang: That's definitely not Sokka!

He opens his glider and takes flight back into the village, but he hits the ground again a few feet away. He gets up and tries to airbend the glider off the ground, but nothing happens. Aang looks down at his hands in disbelief.

Aang: What?... I can't airbend in the spirit world!

the blue spirit dragon bearing down on Aang wreathed in radioactive blue fire, bearing down on Aang. Aang stands. Suddenly the dragon is upon him and Aang cowers beneath it, fear framing his young face.

Aang: You don't know where Sokka is, do you?

In response, the dragon bends its head down and touches Aang's head with one of its whiskers. Aang's eyes glow with a blue fire when touched. A flashback begins of an old man riding the dragon the way Aang rides Appa. in life the dragon was red and brown. The flashback ends as the blue dragon breaks its touch

Aang: You're Avatar Roku's animal guide! Like Appa is to me. I need to save my friends and I don't know how. Is there some way for me to talk to Roku?

The dragon bends its neck and Aang jumps on

Aang: I'll be back Katara. (To the dragon) Take me to Roku!

Aang and the dragon take off. Katara stroking Appa sadly, with Aang and the dragon visible of her left shoulder as they depart. The four war ostriches plod along it. Cut to Iroh and his captor. He looks up and is startled to see the blue dragon and Aang whiz by overhead. They pass right over the heads of the procession, but it is clear that only Iroh has seen anything.

aang and the dragon swiftly approach a volcanic island. It has a beautiful Fire Temple on it, which they enter and fly straight towards the ceiling.

Aang: Hey, what are you doing!? Ahhhh!!!

They rapidly approach the ceiling, which they pass through harmlessly. The dragon alights on the floor of a secret chamber at the top of the temple. It is empty except for the statue of an old man in the background. Aang dismounts and walks toward the statue.

Aang: I don't understand. This is just a statue of Roku.

Aang looks back at the dragon, which touches him on the temple once again. Aang's eyes light up blue, and this time the vision is of a huge, flaming comet rocketing through the sky. The vision ends as the dragon breaks contact.

Aang: Is that what Roku wants to talk to me about? A comet? When can I talk to him?

The dragon lowers its head in response. the sun shines through a tiny window high up in the ceiling. The shaft of light, previously blocked by the dragon, now hits the wall near Roku's right shoulder. The dragon touches Aang again and a vision of time passing at the Fire Temple begins. Clouds fly by at incredible speed overhead and the sun rounds its daily course in a matter of seconds. Three days pass in this fashion before a fade to show the floor of the statue's chamber. Two Asian written characters are shown before cutting to a shot of the little window where the sunlight enters. Days pass in rapid succession there as well. Shift to a long shot of the statue from the back of the room, where it is clear with each day the spot where the shaft of sunlight hits the back wall gets closer to hitting the statue's face as each day passes. The vision ends.

Aang: It's a calendar, and the light will reach Roku on the solstice! (Turning to dragon) So, that's when I'll be able to speak to Roku? (The dragon grunts.) But I can't wait that long. I need to save ___ Sokka now.

Aang and the dragon departing the volcanic and terrific speed,

Appa and Katara flying reconnaissance over the forest

Katara: It's no use, Appa. I don't see them anywhere. Our best hope is to go back to the village and wait.

as she turns Appa to fly back to the village. Aang and the dragon flying through the wasteland at the edge of the forest. Up ahead the bear stature can be seen, rapidly growing larger. His body sits crossed legged atop it. Aang braces himself for impact, but he rejoins his own body as the dragon disappears into the statue. He wakes up, now back in the material world. He jumps down off the statue and turns to stare in wonder at it. After a close up of the face of the bear statue, Aang opens his glider and flies back toward the village. the setting sun from the village where Katara looks downcast. She is standing on the porch of the meetinghouse. Out of the sunset Aang comes into view and lands near her. She rushes to hug him and lala and Momo flies to perch on his master's shoulder, while lala was hoping to land on hers.

Katara: You're back! Where's Sokka? and ___?

Aang (downcast): I'm not sure.

It is still night. the chief, Momo and Katara looking out of the meetinghouse window towards Aang, Aang standing at the gate again, the wind blowing dead leaves past him. Some time has evidently passed, and Aang's begins to walk back into the village. As he approaches a building with a wind chime that is sounding in the wind, the monster appears the monster breaking through the roof of the building with the wind chime. It roars in triumph, releasing blue energy from its mouth. Aang who cries out and begins to make an energy shell similar to the one he created in "The Southern Air Temple." Kataras looking out the window

Katara: Aang, what are you doing? Run!

The creature roars and runs toward another building, but Aang runs underneath its legs and then jumps up onto its forehead. His hand glows light blue, and Aang sees a panda bear superimposed over the monster. Aang jumps back to the porch of a nearby building.

Aang: You're the spirit of this forest. Now I understand. You're upset and angry because your home was burned down. When I saw the forest had burned I was sad and upset. But my friend gave me hope that the forest would grow back.

The spirit stands still while Aang speaks. When he is finished, he shows Hei-Bai the acorn that ___ gave him. The spirit smiles and Aang places the acorn on the porch. The monster picks up the acorn and transforms into a panda, who turns and walks away from the village. Aangs standing on the porch. Katara and the other villagers come up behind him. Behind him a thicket of bamboo grows to man height in seconds. A moment later, ___, Sokka and a few villagers exit the thicket looking confused

Katara: Sokka! ___!

She runs to hug them, as other villagers hug their loved ones

Sokka: What happened?

Katara: You were trapped in the Spirit world for 24 hours. How are you feeling?

Sokka (looking pained): Like I seriously need to use the bathroom!

aang: ___!

___: aang!

they hugged, aang spinded aroung causing her to giggle.

aang: im so glad your ok

___: its fine aang, i can take any monster, even in the spirit world... if, only i had my bending, i felt so powerless, now i know how sokka feels.

aang: i know you can (he cuckled)

___: so what was that stuff with rokus statue and the comemt?

aang: tell you later.

she nods

Chief: Thank you, Avatar. If there only were a way to repay you for what you've done.

Sokka: You could give us some supplies and some money.

Katara (angrily elbowing her brother): Sokka!

Sokka: What? We need stuff.

Chief (bowing): It would be an honor to help you prepare for your journey. (He exits.)

Katara: I'm so proud of you, Aang. You figured out what to do all on your own.

Aang: Actually, I did have a little help. And there's something else.

Aang looks downcast, flashback of the comet vision.

___: you really have to stop having flashbacks, ill be so 'concintrated' on having your, i cant have time for my own (she joked)

Sokka: What is it?

Aang: I need to talk to Roku and I think I've found a way to contact his spirit.

Katara: That's great!

Sokka: Creepy, but great.

Aang: There's a temple on a crescent shaped island, and if I go there on the solstice I'll be able to speak with him.

Katara: But, the solstice is tomorrow.

Aang: Yeh, and there's one more problem. The island is in the fire nation

katara and sokka look worried.

___: 'ive always wanted to see the fire nation' she thought

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 30.8K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
201K 5.9K 28
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢 //𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 ❝𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬. ❞ Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in h...
98.5K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...
23.7K 666 12
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...