avatar love story (aang x rea...

By avatarjenora

Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision versio... More

Revision!
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5's moment
6
7
ch 7 part to
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
part 17 IM WHAT!!!?!!!?!!!
18
19
ch 20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 part 1
33 part 2
33 part 3
33 part 4
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
50 part 2
51
sister to sister talk!
52
bonus
53
54
55
56
I am truly sorry

chaper 5

21.2K 472 479
By avatarjenora

Aang: Great, you're back! What's for dinner?

Sokka: We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval shaped nuts, and some rock shaped nuts that... might just be rocks. Dig in!

Sokka throws one of the nuts that might be a rock over his shoulder. It lands near Momo and lala. Aang ___ and Katara look at each other then back at Sokka.

Katara: Seriously, what else ya got?

Sokka peers with one eye into the bag, hoping to find something else. Momo eyes the nut like object with suspicion. He chitters and picks it up. He taps it on a nearby stone to no effect. Then he cocks back and hits it hard on the stone. A huge, startling noise disrupts the forest's calm. The group and Appa look up at the noise.

Sokka: What was that!?

Momo and lala look at each other, looking befuddled over at Sokka. He turns to look back at the nut like object in his hand. He blinks twice to a cute effect. He drops the nut onto the stone and another huge sound echoes through the forest, startling Momo again. He jumps out of the frame. Aang points.

Aang: It's coming from over there!

Aang grabs ___ and they and Katara rush off in the direction of the noise, leaving Sokka waving his arms at them.

Sokka: Shouldn't we run away from huge booms - not toward them?

they run to see A young earthbender practicing his art in the river bed, and the foue watch him move around a huge boulder.

Katara: An earthbender!

Aang: Let's go meet him!

Sokka: He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously.

___: really sokka? you judge people to quickly. but i do agree with him we wouldnt want to startle him

Katara clearly ignored her brother and sister's warning by running way out into the river bed to talk to the young earthbender.

___: katara?!

aang: im "guessing" yooour the mature one of the 3 of you.

___: yep (popping the 'p')

Katara: Hello there, I'm Katara! What's your name?

The boy looks over at Katara in surprise, drops his rock and runs back down the river bed. As he runs, he earthbends a load of rock into the riverbed, blocking there way of finding him

Aang: Nice to meet you!

Katara: We just wanted to say "hi".

___: well if only 'someone' didnt startle him. hey i believe someone told you that.... oh right.. me. but whats done is done. maybe we should follow him? she sonded unsure

Aang: Hey, that guy's gotta be running somewhere, maybe we're near a village and I bet that village has a market!

Katara (excited): Which means no nuts for dinner!

___: well it definatly beets eating nuts.

Sokka: Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts! .....Yeh, I hate'em too.

Aang, ___, Katara and Sokka are in a market. Aang is at a stall trying out a hat.

Aang: Great hat. I'll trade you some nuts for it.

___: is it even possible to trade something for nuts, cuz if he does then that guy must be full of them.

Aang laughs at her joke and then turns to Sokka with the hat on and laughs. Katara has noticed the young earthbender from the river enter a building.

Katara: Hey!

Katara runs off. the young earthbender is in a long, mostly empty room with an older woman

Haru: Hi, mom.

Mother: Where have you been, Haru? You're late! Get started on your chores.

Katara opens door and enters

Katara: Hey, you're that kid! Why did you run away before?

Haru: Uh, you must have me confused with some other kid.

Aang ___ and Sokka enter.

Aang: No she doesn't, we saw you earthbending.

Mother (hands still on the window she just closed): They saw you doing what?

Haru: They're crazy, mom, I mean, look at how they're dressed!

(All three look at their clothing.)

___: well thanks you for making fun of my dress and shoes that took me 35 hours to make, such a nice boy... not.

haru mumbles a 'sorry'

Mother: You know how dangerous that is! You know what would happen if they caught you earthbending!

From outside a heavy knock on the door is heard and Sokka quickly parts the window blinds to identify the intruders.

Soldier : Open up!
Sokka: Fire Nation! Act natural!

Haru's mother opens the door and a Fire Nation soldier enters.

Mother: What do you want? I've already paid you this week.

Soldier: The tax just doubled. Wouldn't want an accident, would we?

The soldier makes a fireball in his hands and smirks. everyone takes a step back from the soldier.

Soldier: Fire is sometimes so hard to control.

Haru's mother's expression melts from defiance to fear and resignation. she placed a small chest on a table. She opens it to reveal a few miserable coins. She takes most of them out and gives them to the soldier. He dumps the small ones on the ground.

Soldier: You can keep the copper ones.

the soldier exiting in the foreground, They are all unhappy. Haru's mother picks up the copper coins

Sokka: Nice guy. How long has the Fire Nation been here?

Mother: Five years. Fire Lord Ozai uses our town's coal mines to fuel his ships.

Haru: They're thugs; they steal from us, and everyone here is too much of a coward to do anything about it.

Mother: Quiet, Haru. Don't talk like that.

Katara: But, Haru's an earthbender, he can help.

Mother: Earthbending is forbidden. It's caused nothing but misery for this village. He must never use his abilities.

Katara: How can you say that? Haru has a gift. Asking him not to earthbend is like asking me not to waterbend. It's a part of who we are.

Mother: You don't understand.

Katara: I understand that Haru can help you fight back. What can the Fire Nation do to you that they haven't done already?

Mother: They could take Haru away! Like they took his father.

wide-eyed Katara became, Both her and haru look pained. Haru and the group have entered a small barn, the open double door visible behind them.

Haru: My mom said you can sleep here tonight, but you should leave in the morning.

Aang: Thanks. I'll make sure Appa doesn't eat all your hay.

___: appa you should of let us ask him if it was ok first.

Appa is with his mouth stuffed with hay.

katara and haru go for a walk.

aang: what do you think they are talking about.

___: probably how both of one of our parents have been taken away from the fire nation.

aang: im sorry.

___: its fine, i was four when it happened so i dont really have anything to miss, you know? tho that doesnt mean i didnt love her or never wish she was still here.

aang wraps an arm around her waiste to make her feel better. she rests her head on his sholder.

later that night

Katara: It was so brave of Haru to use his earthbending to help that old man.

Aang: You must have really inspired him.

Katara: I guess so.

Sokka: Everyone should get some sleep. We're leaving at dawn.

Katara: Dawn? Can't we sleep in for once?

___: i dont think its a good idea

Sokka: Absolutely not! This village is crawling with Fire Nation troops. If they discover you're here, Aang, we'll be eating fireballs for breakfast. Good night.

katara: i wounder if they are better then what you broght us

___ (with a sly grin on her face): I'd rather eat fireballs than nuts.

Sokka: Good night.

Aang ___ and Katara laugh, then Katara blows out their lamp.

the next day katara comes into the room nearly in tears

___: kat! whats wrong!

Katara: They took him! They took Haru away!

Aang: What?

Katara: The old man turned him in to the Fire Nation. It's all my fault, I forced him into earthbending.

Sokka: Slow down, Katara, when did this happen?

Sokka puts his arm around her shoulder and holds her hand in genuine concern.

Katara: Haru's mother said they came for him at midnight.

Sokka (dropping her hand): Then it's too late to track him, he's long gone.

Katara: We don't need to track him. The Fire Nation is going to take me right to Haru.

___: ...and why would they do that?

Katara (determined): because they're going to arrest me for earthbending.

Sokka ___ and Aang both looked concerned

Sokka: I thought you were crazy at first, Katara, but this might work. There are ventilation shafts throughout these mines, all Aang has to do is send an air current from that vent to this one right here. The boulder levitates and - tada! Fake earthbending.

___: i still dont think this is a good idea.

Katara: Aang. Did you get all that?

____: kat did you even hear-- urg never mind

Aang, is paying no attention at all. He sits cross-legged in front of the vent, blowing air and a little butterfly in front of him while Momo and lala watch side by side.

Aang: Sure, I got it.

Sokka: Do you remember your cue?

Aang: Yeh, yeh, just relax. You're taking all the fun out of this.

Sokka: By "this" do you mean intentionally getting captured by an army of ruthless firebenders?

Aang: Exactly! That's fun stuff.

___: inmuture kids, the world is in the hands of inmature kids. and im related to two of them

soldiers were coming by.

Sokka: Here they come! Get in your places!

Sokka (in a slightly exaggerated voice): Get out of my way, pipsqueak!

Katara (also in a slightly exaggerated voice): How dare you call me "pipsqueak" you giant-eared cretin!

Sokka: What did you call me?

Katara: A giant-eared cretin! Look at those things. (She
puts her hands up to her ears and fans out her fingers in imitation of huge ears) Do herds of animals use them for shade?

Sokka: You better back off! (Placing his hand to partially block his mouth from the soldier's view) Seriously - back off.

Katara: I will not back off! I bet elephants get together and make fun of how large your ears are!

Sokka: That's it - you're going down!

Katara: I'll show you who's boss - earthbending style!

aang didnt send send air threw the vent and kat was now embarassed, then said louder.

Katara: I said, "earthbending style!"

Aang finally reacts, jumping up into the air and coming down onto the grate. He airbends into the grate. The air rushing up raises the rock to reveal Momo behind it.

Soldier (pointing at Momo): That lemur! It's earthbending!

Sokka: No, you idiot! It's the girl!

Soldier (embarrassed): Oh, of course.

(Cut back to Sokka and Katara as the rocks falls back onto the grate).

Sokka (in an exaggerated voice, his hands on Katara's shoulders): I'll hold her! (Then sotto voice) You've got 12 hours to find Haru, we'll be right behind you.

Katara is being led off by the soldiers. She looks back to see Sokka ___ and Aang, with Momo on his shoulders, standing in the road. amd lala on her sister. Sokka turns to Momo.

Sokka: Momo, you have some big ears!

lala wacks sokka behind his head with her tail

later the three board appa and follow the fire nation ship to the harbor

Sokka: She'll be fine, ___, Aang, Katara knows what she's doing.

12 hours later (and how they tell time i have no clue)

Sokka: Your 12 hours are up, where's Haru? We've got to get out of here.

Aang hops off the platform and onto Appa. Sokka holds her arm out to Katara.

Katara: I can't.

___: what do you mean 'i cant'

Sokka: We don't have much time, there are guards everywhere. Get on.

Aang: Katara, what's wrong?

Katara (close up, the lighthouse lamp playing directly behind her head): I'm not leaving. I'm not giving up on these people.

Sokka: What do you mean you're not leaving!?

Katara: We can't abandon these people. There has to be a way to help them.

Aang: Maybe she's right. What do you say, ___ Sokka?

___ took one look at katara who has her stubern but pleading face on. she looks at aang who gives he a side smile

___: ok if for it.

Sokka: I say you're all crazy! (A searchlight comes close by and they hunker down until it passes.) Last chance, we need to leave - now!

Katara: No.

Sokka (shaking his head): I hate when you get like this. (Another search light comes close). Come on, we better hide.

aang whispers something to appa and he flys off

Guard: Look!

He turns quickly to address the guards who just saw Appa.

Warden: Tell me exactly what you saw.
Captain: Well, Sir, it looked like a flying bison.
Warden: What?
Guard It was a giant flying buffalo, Sir, with an empty saddle.
Warden: Which was it? A buffalo or a bison?
Captain: Uh, I'm not sure what the difference is, but that's not really the point is it, Sir?
Warden (angry): I'll decide what the point is, fool!

(Warden throws the Captain over the railing. A scream trails off into nothing as a splash of water is heard. Cut back to the Warden and the remaining guard.)

Warden: You! Wake up the Captain. Search the entire rig!
Guard: Sir?
Warden: What!?
Guard: That...was the Captain you just threw overboard, so...
Warden: Then wake up someone I haven't thrown overboard and search the rig! There's something going on here and I don't like it.

Sokka: We don't have much time. What are we gonna do?

Aang: I wish I knew how to make a hurricane. The Warden would run away and we'd steal his keys!

Sokka: Wouldn't he just take his keys with him?

Aang: I'm just tossing ideas around.

___: clearly she said jokingly

Katara: I tired talking the earthbenders into fighting back, but it didn't work. If there was just a way to help them help themselves.

Sokka: For that they'd need some kind of earth, or some rock... something they can bend.

Katara (touching the rig platform): But this entire place is made of metal.

___ : No, it's not. Look at the smoke. I bet they're burning coal - In other words, earth.

Katara: It's almost dawn, we're running out of time! Are you sure this is gonna work?

Sokka: It should. These vents reminded me of our little trick back at the village. We're gonna do the same thing, but on a much bigger scale.

Sokka: There's a huge deposit of coal at the base of the silo, and the whole system is ventilated. Aang closed off all the vents except one. When he does his airbending, the coal only has one place to go - right back here.

Soldier: There's the intruder!

Sokka (drawing his boomerang): Stay back, I'm warning you!

Tyro: Katara stop! You can't win this fight!

Warden: Listen to him well, child. You're one mistake away from dying where you stand.

Katara: Here's your chance, earthbenders! (She grabs a lump of coal and raises it high.) Take it! Your fate is in your own hands!

no one does anything

Warden: Hahaha! Foolish girl! You thought a few inspirational words and some coal would change these people? Look at these blank, hopeless faces. There spirits were broken a long time ago. Oh? But you still believe in them. How sweet. They're a waste of your energy, little girl. You've failed.

the earthbenders began to fight.

Warden: Show no mercy!

The Fire Nation line charges forward, unleashing a wall of flame. Tyro and the three nearest earthbenders, including Haru block it with a huge wall of coal. The coal absorbs the flames.

Tyro: For the Earth Kingdom, attack!

Tyro: Get to the ship! We'll hold them off!

Warden: Do not let them escape!

The Warden rallies a few his troops and they begin to barrage the exit with flame. Aang ___, Katara and Sokka trying to exit. When they see the flames hit the wall in front of them, they turn and Aang airbends a small tornado into existence, the end of which is aimed at the firebenders.

Aang: Guys, throw me some coal!

Sokka and Katara start dropping chunks of coal into the top of the little whirlwind, which accelerate down the wind tube and exit at high speed towards the Warden's men. Then all get knocked down. Tyro and two other earthbenders who earthbend the entire coal dump, with the Warden and all his men on it, out of over the open water.

Warden: No, please! I can't swim!

Tyro: Don't worry, I hear cowards float.

Tyro drops them all into the ocean below. Fade to a scene of several Fire Nation ships, now under the command of the former prisoners, steaming away from the rig. Appa with Sokka and Aang swim next to the point ship. Katara, Tyro and Haru on the deck of the point ship. Katara beams, looking back at the prison they leave behind. She is missing her necklace.

Haru: I want to thank you for saving me. For saving us.

Katara (embarrassed): All it took was a little coal.

Haru: It wasn't the coal, Katara, it was you.

Tyro (putting a hand on her shoulder): Thank you for helping me find my courage, Katara, of the water tribe. My family and everyone here owes you much.

Katara: So, I guess you're going home now?

Tyro: Yes, to take back my village. (Raising his voice and raising his left hand in a fist, just as Katara had done and looking back over the ship to address the former prisoners) To take back ALL of our villages! The Fire Nation will regret the day they set foot on our land!

three ships, Tyro's ship in the middle and ahead with Appa swimming on the right. The shot pans from left to right, showing cheering earthbenders on the decks of every ship. Haru and Katara.

Haru: Come with us.

Katara: I can't. Your mission is to take back your home. Ours is to get Aang to the North Pole.

(*****)Aang in the foreground sitting on Appa, sitting with ___ airbending a little chunk of coal around. ___ took some coal that was now like dust, added a tinny-tiny amont of water to it, and threw it at aangs face. aang opened his eyes and sees her dying of laughter. then aang grows a smirk on his face as he uses airbending to lift the dust version of the coal. ___ squealed and began to run away from the avatar but to no avail, gets covered in the dust. aang then tackles her to the floor, both of them laughing, looking at each other, eye to eye. he was on top of her. man if sokka saw that, aang would be dead. then ___ begins to "cry" aang looks at her with concern, he loosens his grip he asumed was to tight and lifted himself up alittle. a mistake was made by doing that and ___ now tackled him. she on top of him now. oh and to be clear shes in her normal cloaths, she would have murderd aang if he got coal on her dress. and once again the to were laughing. but then just slowly stopped and starred at each other. kat could of swearn she saw them both lean in but then she could tell ___ said something like 'um woild you mind cleaning us off now' cuz both she and aang shiffted and got up. and he used his airbending to clean them and they went on appa. Katara and Haru are visible on the upper deck on the point ship.

'ooohh so close' katara thought

Haru: That's him, isn't it? The Avatar. Katara, thank you for bringing my father back to me. I never thought I'd see him again. I only wish there was some way...

Katara: I know. (She reaches for her necklace and starts in surprise when it is gone.) My mother's necklace! It's gone!

a close up shot of the necklace lying on the deck of the rig. An arm in a Fire Nation uniform grabs it. The screen pans up to reveal Zuko, wreathed in the glory of a fiery red sunset holding the necklace. He looks out over the ocean to the setting sun, back to the camera. Fade to white.

ssssoooooooo who wants the next chapter to be a short to know aang and ___ (*****) moment was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 330 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
476 10 4
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
161K 3.5K 20
This story takes place after the war has settled. Aang and Katara finally together, Zuko the firelord, Sokka being,...well Sokka, Toph happy and neve...
1M 30.8K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...