In the Eyes of the Wolf

Por NadineMcgee

-Complete- Pax never felt like he even deserved the right to be considered part of Kian's pack. Pax was usele... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 24

791 28 4
Por NadineMcgee

Chapter 24

-Farley-

The situation was tense. I agreed that we should probably go to other packs for help, Caspian didn't really say no to the idea. I couldn't voice any of my thoughts properly during the meeting after my parents left. I was too distracted. Pax had been injured simply by hearing a dog whistle. He looked so fragile and delicate with the crimson covering his hands. I didn't want to see the look of pain on his face ever again.

Those thoughts confused me. He was attractive, but he had caused an exceptionally long internal battle, about a month-long battle to be exact. I didn't shy away from my attraction to boys, but I had never told anyone. Those who know, have guessed over the years. I had a large gay crisis when I was thirteen, my friend from school was the only one there for me, but I got through it.

The thought of Axel gave me a pang of guilt in the bottom of my stomach. I hadn't seen him in a few years, we had talked online occasionally, for Christmas and birthdays.

"Oi, dolly daydream," Rowan exclaimed and splashed some of the water from the sink in my face. "I'm talking to you."

I chuckled and shook my head, getting the droplets out of my hair. "Sorry, no need to get all splashy." I flicked some water at him. We were partnering up to do his chores, since it was nearing the end of the month. "What were you saying?"

"Well, I was asking what was up with you, but I think I got my answer." Rowan turned around with a plate in his hand, taking the tea towel off his shoulder and drying it. "Would you like to un-Pax some emotions?"

I pulled my lips down and pretended to think. "Not really," I answered. I put the bowl in my hands onto the draining board. "Nothing much to say."

"Do your parents know?" he asked. I knew what he meant, but I ignored him. "You're being rude again."

"I know," I replied and picked some knives out of the sink. "You're invading."

Rowan sighed and picked up a bowl, getting water all over the floor. "Just trying to be helpful, you always try to do things on your own. What if Iris and I hadn't followed you?"

I don't think that the outcome would've changed if they hadn't followed me. Kian would still be hot on his heels, and I would've at least tried to convince him to come back with me.

"He'd be even more scared," I told him. "Poor bean, he's been through a lot."

Rowan spluttered at me. "Okay, I don't think I've ever heard you call someone a bean, other than Iris."

I sent him a glare, took the towel from his hand and slapped him with it. "That was between us, what if she's listening?"

Rowan faked a hurt expression. "If that's the case, then Pax probably is too."

I waited before replying. "It wouldn't mean anything to you, I'd have two angry people on my tail."

Rowan shook his head at me and started to put the knives away. I unplugged the sink and washed my hands. I didn't like doing the dishes very much. Pax had offered to help, but we persuaded him to wait until he was comfortable, and no longer suffering due to his ears. Clementine and Iris were sitting with him in the living room. The occasional laugh flowed through the walls. I wasn't nosy enough to know what they were talking about, but they seemed happy.

"We're done," Rowan said and poked my cheek.

I sighed and slumped my shoulders, shoving him lightly. "I know we are, dork." I picked up his tea towel and hung it on the radiator. "Did you finish your schoolwork?"

"Yes," he answered quickly. "I'm not a child, I don't need you to keep track of my work."

I gave him a long stare, causing him to turn away from me. He knew that I was right.

"If you two are done, then skedaddle," Iris said as she rounded the corner. "I've got meal prep to do for the next few days, and tea to do."

Rowan and I shared a glance before bowing. "Yes ma'am," I said and moved out of the way before she could hit me. "Hate to prolong your chores."

Rowan laughed and followed me into the living room.

Pax and I were sitting in my bedroom. I had debated taking him outside, but I was scared of Kian or anyone else spotting us. I thought that a good way to get to know each other would be for him to look through some of my possessions. I was aware he couldn't see them, but I had shoeboxes full of things I had collected. I couldn't bring a lot to the packhouse, so each object had some sort of practical use, mostly nostalgia and mental wellbeing.

"What's this?" Pax asked and held up a small pot. "It feels familiar."

I crawled to the side of the bed and lay on my stomach; he was sitting on the floor with the shoebox on his crossed legs. "Its play-doh." I reached out and opened the lid for him. "I think you know it, but this one's kind of old."

He slowly touched the concoction inside of the tub. His expression was hilarious, a small frown and furrowed eyebrows showing confusion and weariness. His eyes lit up like a firework had just exploded in his brain. "I do know it," he exclaimed and rocked from side to side. He took the entire thing out of its container and started to quickly work it. "What did you say it was called?"

I laughed. "Play-doh. It's dough that you can play with," I explained. "You're very easily pleased."

"I am?" he asked, his full attention still on the play-doh. "Don't think I've been told that before, in a positive way."

I bit back my remark. "Well, it is a good thing."

He continued to make the dough malleable. "I don't know, this has always been something for me to do."

I couldn't imagine a life where the most interesting thing I had to do was play with play-doh. That would've drove me insane. I think that even having other things to do but being without the twins would have made me go half insane to begin with.

"Yeah, have you found anything else?" I rolled off the bed and joined him by my wardrobe. The doors were open, and I narrowly missed the sharp edge of a door. "There's loads of stuff in here."

"I don't know what half of it is," he said. It was akin to a whine. "Well, I don't know the use of some things. I know what a piece of paper is for."

I knew which piece of paper he was talking about. A rush of warmth came to my cheeks. I was glad that he wasn't able to read the words which were scrawled on it, it allowed me to give him the box with very little worries.

"I'd hope that you would," I joked. "The round things are keyrings. I've got quite a few, from fairs and holidays."

Pax's eyes sparkled as he listened to me. His hand reached out for one of the keyrings which was in the box. "What's this one?"

I took the round keyring from his hands and traced my thumb over the front of the otherwise white surface. The three-dimensional writing read 'City Hall'. "I got that when I went to see one of my favourite bands," I informed. "The merchandise was too expensive, so we had to settle for the venue's merchandise."

Pax hummed happily as he took another keyring out of the box and handed it to me. I think that he forgot the fact I could see the keyrings just fine from where they were in his hands.

"Maybe you could take me somewhere like that," he said quietly. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to hear. "What kind of music do you like?"

I leant back and shook my head. "Oh no, I don't think you'd like it." My eyes wandered to my corkboard; the few band photographs mostly hidden by others. "It's a little loud."

"I don't have to listen to it, loudly anyway." He fiddled with one of my fidget toys. My little cousin was really into them at some point, she liked to distribute them as gifts amongst family members. The one Pax seemed to enjoy was an infinity cube. "I don't think I like music."

I shook my head at him. "No, you just haven't found the right music." I stood up and grabbed my phone from my bed. I turned the volume all the way down first, then went to YouTube and started to type. I pressed play and groaned when the little black box came up in the bottom right corner. "Adverts."

Pax chuckled at me but winced at the sudden noise. I was tempted to mute the volume and apologise. Instead, I let it play, hopefully letting Pax get used to the volume. I had my finger ready to cover the speaker at any point.

Pax started to nod to the music and tapping his fingers on his knee. "I suppose it is a little loud, or busy." He stood up and faced my phone. "Very good for direction though."

I chuckled and paused the music. "I might have something slower." A scroll and a tap later, the next song came on. "Not really one you can mosh pit to, but sweet."

His arms swung at his sides, and he had a small smile on his face. "I like it."

I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. His hair swayed due to the breeze, and he genuinely looked at peace for once since he came here. He didn't even look this peaceful when he was sleeping. I didn't watch him when he was sleeping, that would be creepy. I made sure that he was all right when I woke up and got some water at four am.

"I think you like music," I stated. "You're practically dancing."

He immediately stopped moving, a frown on his face. "I'm not dancing. If this is dancing, I don't see the appeal."

I crossed my arms and huffed. "You need to put yourself into it more." I stepped towards him and grabbed his hands. "This is a slow song, so a slow dance would be appropriate."

His cheeks turned pink again, I'm sure my own face matched. I lifted our hands up and started to sway with him. "Now, usually you'd follow the beat, but sometimes people just don't do that." I chuckled nervously.

"This is slow dancing?" he asked quietly. His head was angled towards the floor, as though watching his feet. "It feels like swaying to music."

I chuckled again. "That is dancing, but we can get more complicated if you'd like." I cleared my throat. "Believe it or not, my parents used to take me dancing."

His grip on my hands tightens only slightly, if I wasn't so focused on where our skin touched, I wouldn't have noticed it. "Dancing? Like, you were taught how to dance?"

"Do you not believe me?" I slid to the right, cursing him to stumble but follow me. "I know how to do quite a few dances; waltz, tango, and a little bit of foxtrot." I spun him around and caught him in both of my arms.

"Oh, I believe you," Pax told me. "But I do not. So, I think I'm sticking with swaying." 

Hello!

Question of the chapter!

Have any of you learned how to dance? Like with a class, or a club?

I did one or two classes after school-which lasted about five weeks and then we had a small show. But that isn't anything in comparison to what my little cousins did-going to professional dance shows and competitions- It was fun though!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.6K 157 23
"Are you always going to forget I can't see?" "I don't need to remember when we're kissing." "Weirdo." Nate was born blind. That was a fact. Nate was...
128K 3.9K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...
110K 5.5K 112
When young wolf shifts for the first time, their whole life shifts with them. Suddenly they can't see the world just from their perspective. Every ye...
45.7K 2.3K 14
Justin's blind. Ever since the car accident when he was ten, Justin lost the ability to see and hates it. He lost everything that day. But, it could'...