Perfect Flaws

By hcvwritess

"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even ju... More

Perfect Flaws
Character descriptions
1. Traitor
3. Time-lapse
4. Unfortunate Luck
5. Life is a Deathly Price
6. Just a Soul that Exists
7. Hostility is a Specialty
8. Sanity will Always Lose
9. Snippets of Delight
10. Fail your Sympathy
11. A Dead Baby's Breath
12. Drained Adolescence
13. Forbidden Memories
14. A Caged Freedom
15. Clashing Royalty
16. Dangerously Obsessed
17. A Tattered Mind
18. A Mind and Heart's Grave
19. Scorching Surprises
20. Eager Instincts
21. Drowning in Ecstasy
22. Distant for Doubts
23. Trifling Mind Games
24. A Fool in Royalty
25. Secrets Unveiled
26. Don't Ever Forget
27. Inflicting Torment
28. Reliving Time
29. Carnival Games
30. Gnawing Remorse
31. Such a Thin Line
32. To Trust or To Not Trust
33. Exposed Facade
34. Dear Diary
35. Perfectly Addicted
36. A Cruel Tease
37. A Ballerina's Melody
38. Little Escapades
39. A Violent Waltz
40. An Abyss of Death
41. Strangers In Blood
42. Divulging In Candor
43. A Heavy Mind or Heart?
44. Thrones of Lust
45. The Pits of Hell
46. A Death's Siren's Cry
47. Origins of Hearts
EPILOGUE

2. Battles all alone

175 9 19
By hcvwritess

Rhea

I've been taught to walk confidently and be better than the kings and queens before you. But the funniest thing about that is I don't know how a queen walks, I don't know how to be a confident and tough ruler.

For years, I've been a loving sister to my citizens, I've been that best friend you can count on, and hang out with. I feel as if I am a civilian around these walls, meeting the royal family. But there isn't much left of the family, is there?

Walking to the office door, I'm stopped in my tracks. "Your Majesty," she bows, "may I clean the former king and queen's room?" a maid asks me. Former king and queen, my parents she means. I have no answer for her. They still haven't cleaned it?

"Uhm...No, I'd like to go through it myself first," I replied, waiting a second before hurrying into the office. Shutting and locking the door behind me, I hear her low-top heels stumbling away.
I can't deal with that, at least not at the moment.

Right now all I have is a file. Sure, I have a palace and workers. But all I have left of my parents is a file.

I slowly make my way behind my desk, staring at the cover.
How is this even going to help? I have no leads on who was after my parents. They kept me out of the loop with business. They didn't want me to have to deal with that stress.
Yet, I'm here with more than what they kept me away from.

I look down at my necklace. Holding two golden rings, one with an aquamarine jewel, the other plain. Their wedding rings. I'm grateful for their cautious mind. Thankfully when they went on business trips they left all jewelry at the palace, just for safety measures. Their wedding rings especially. They treasured the rings so much, for signifying their love, they never wanted to lose them.

2 weeks ago when they died, I put them on a necklace and haven't took it off. I don't plan to either.

Grabbing the file, I skim through the information. Deciding there is no significant information to help me with a lead, I go on the computer for the first time. I find there is a passcode. They never gave me a passcode. I tried their wedding date, no luck. Then my birthday. Second time scores.

Immediately I get slapped in the face with a huge photo of all three of us, in elegant gowns and a suit. My parents on their very well deserved thrones, and me proud to be standing near them.
Ignoring it as best as I can, I start clicking on the downloaded files. Reading for what feels like hours, I come across a few emails. Very discreet emails. I realize this was a threat to my parents, or me?

"Attend the year round Aepresea event, you have 48 hours before Rhea Windsor pays for your decisions. Ignore this message, and you wont ever see her again."

I freeze in place. Someone threatened them, by using me. They left, to save me.
I look at who sent the email. No good comes out of it, of course it's anonymous.
Aepresea Kingdom is where they were headed to, however, it's beyond far, you have to travel by boat, or in my parents' case, a ship. Did the King and Queen of Aepresea send this?

That doesn't make sense. A body guard here had a file on them. Yet there was an email telling them to go to Aepresea Kingdom.

I look through their business files, and see that Aepresea Kingdom never offered an agreement to unite with us. The last contact they had with us, implied they supported our decisions, but couldn't unite due to personal issues within their kingdom.

I log out of the computer, needing air. Leaving my office, I go to the nearest balcony.
Breathing in as much air as I could snatch. A suffocating feeling of revenge fills my body within one blink of an eye, guilt along with it. My parents had gone and risked their lives for mine, ending in death.

What more could I learn that I didn't want to? How much longer until I'm dead too? My gravestone aligned with theirs.

Interrupting my thoughts I hear the balcony doors open behind me. "Rhea, are you okay?" Bellie asks. "Of course Bellie, no need to worry, just thinking of new ways to bring citizens together."

That might've been the worst lie I've ever come up with on spot.

I hear no response from her, just the click of a shutting door. I know she doesn't believe me, and I've known her long enough to know she's already thinking of a way to comfort me.

Feeling unsatisfied, I sit down on the cement floor of my balcony, and stare out through the balusters.

Grief is suffocating, it's a numbing pain that stabs you repeatedly. It's too much love bottled up inside you, it's too much love you can't give. Grief is you against you, fighting for yourself.
I have to learn how to win and how to breathe, because forever was a word meant for memories.

I am a mountain.
I am a mountain when it descends, when it collapses into dust, and when the humanity from mother nature is stripped from it piece by piece.

I'm standing on everything, and yet nothing at all. I'm floating on a crown, but falling from a sky of emotions. It's terrible, this weight, this invisible weight I can't touch, but only feel.
Love is everything I cherish, and love is everything I despise. Love like this, doesn't feel like love at all. My only hope is I can give all this bottled up love in my heart, to my citizens I promised the minute I was born.

I hear a click behind me, I turn around and see Allen, he bows. "Your majesty, may I sit with you?" he hesitated. "Of course Mr. Henderson, and please can we stop with the formalities. I'll become unhinged if I have to go another day of it," I insisted.

His lips curved into a boy like grin, "Ah, but Ms. Windsor, it'd be an honor to be in your ethereal heaven like presence. How could I ever live without formally addressing you?" He exclaims, bowing for more effect.

I let a genuine laugh out, "There's that laugh, it's been gone for a little while," he recalled, sitting toward my side. I smiled, "Thank you, I needed it." "Hey, I'm only doing what I do best." "Very true," I giggled.

He scoots himself over to be side by side with me, then continuing to put his arm over me, and pull me close. I lean my head on his shoulder, appreciating the comfort.

"What's going on it that chaotic mind of yours Rhea?"

I sigh, "Everything, nothing, not anything special." I feel his body shake while he laughs, "Bullshit, I've known you long enough to know you're planning something."

Allen has always been a big brother to me. I've known him since I was 10, and he was 12. His grandparents worked for my family when we were younger. They'd bring him over when he had his weekly visits, and we became good friends fast. Three years ago when his grandparents were at an age to retire, he decided to work for my family as my personal guard.

"It's really annoying how well you know me, you know that?" I scoff, already knowing he's smiling.

"Seriously Rhea, what's going on?" He asks again, with concern. "Revenge," I mutter. "Want to elaborate on that?"

I shift my head up to face him, while he looks down at me. "I want to find who did this and punish them, I don't think my parents death was an accident. Too much is happening, and I don't even have full protection right now."

"Are you doubting my amazing combat skills? I'm so offended, after all these years, and you don't trust my abilities!" He whined sarcastically. I smile, "You know I don't mean that, but I know you can't take on thousands of soldiers by yourself in one battle."

He sighs, "I know, I've been a little worried about it lately, I talked to Bellie, and she said she's found a few promising people, but she wants to do some more digging.

"I won't trust any of them anyway, and safety is out of the question."

"Rhea, you need to be able to feel safe in your own home, I'll personally inspect each and every one of them, I'm not going to let anything happen to you, I promise." I release a breath I didn't know I was holding and give him a weak smile I could manage.

"And uh... punish? Where are you going with that?" He hesitates. "I'll figure it out when I get there, the first step is getting to Aepresea Kingdom."

"Aepresea Kingdom?" He questions. "I found emails on my parents computer, there were in a deleted file, threatening my life if my parents didn't attend the event they host year round." His jaw clenches, "Who sent it?" "Anonymous," I replied.

"You're not going anywhere without me, it's not a choice, don't even think about going by yourself," he grumbled. "Ah, getting a little comfortable with the queen, are you?" I teased.

"Please, I remember two years ago, I escorted you to a ball, you tripped on your dress, tumbled down a few stairs, showed everyone you had mickey mouse underwear on, then proceeded to get up, smile, and wave. I'm telling you right now, you don't need titles, you made your own," he laughed.

"Hey! We promised to never speak of that again, and they were customized!" I scoffed, lightly nudging him in the side.

He leaned down a little, "Sorry to rain on your parade, but that doesn't make it any better," he whispered. I rolled my eyes, "You just don't have any good style."

We sat there talking for a few hours before we realize how much time has passed, proceeding to get up and stretch our limbs out.

"You know you have me, right? I'm not going anywhere," he reassures. "Yeah I know, I'm sorry I haven't been myself lately, it's just bee-," he cuts me off and grabs my hands, clasping them together, "don't ever apologize for something you can't control." I smile, and pull him in for a hug, "love you," I whisper. "Love you too Rhea," he whispers back.

______

Hey! It's me again, I hope you enjoyed chapter 2! I'm working with the plot day by day. If you guys have any advice or ideas, I'd gladly hear it! Let me know how you feel about what you've read so far! :)

Also, I created a tiktok account for this book! If you want, go check it out! @ hcvwritess

-hc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 49 23
Tears pricked my eyes as I tasted bile on my tongue. I could feel my wetness seeping through my panties but would not give him the satisfaction of kn...
8.9K 142 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
388K 17.3K 77
Romance|Action|Mystery|Humour Highest Rank- #7 Teen Fiction. #8 Mystery/ Thriller ...
3.7K 251 23
HIGHEST RATINGS; #2 in cuteromance #53 in men #34 in younglove SAMPLE ~ I must've looked like an idiot, just staring at him through my car window. H...