The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Forty Three

55 4 0
By AidinWhite

If Nathan told me that he'd come to Marbella to play golf and secure business deals I'd have told him that he was the most old money it could get, and that I'd beat him at playing but I couldn't not when he was standing at the tenth hole now and was winning. I'd been score keeping throughout the game and was here to learn how Nathan's life would be working once he was graduated Harvard.

The person Nathan was talking business with was Jose Perez a man in his early twenties and had a securities and asset management firm so this would seem like a deal made in heaven for Nathan since it would later allow him a place to put his own investment portfolio though I had a feeling the Winters likely had their own private banker.

"Jose, let me remind you that I have a secure software company, we are new to the market however I want to offer you my assistance in keeping your own interests with yourself. You need someone to make sure all of the highly personal and complex dealings around peoples money and investments, that you manage remains that way, just with a veil of protection" Nathan says before twisting and striking his ball before watching it sail through the air and land on the other side of the tree line.

"Good shot Nathanial, also I have considered it and it is an appealing deal" Jose says rubbing his stubbled jaw as he considered which tee he wanted to use to start.

"What are your conditions Jose, I'm sure we can come to a reasonable agreement".

"I have over twenty locations around Spain, Andorra, France, and Italy. Very important cliental I can't lose those deals".

Crack. Jose's ball flies nearly as far as Nathan's disappearing as well though it remained in view.

"Beautiful line, you might just match me on par".

"You've had Eagle seven out of nine holes" Jose says looking over at Nathan who smiled lightly but still remained humble, "and Par the other two".

"You've had Par on each hole. Also I spend summer in Palm Beach golfing and making bets, it's twelve years and counting" Nathan says sliding into his golf cart next to me.

"Then I guess you know when to make a bet" Jose says smiling lightly.

"If you want to hedge this deals acceptance we can. How about if I get another Eagle the deal is accepted, and we can talk about percentages before our next shot. And if I miss I have to go to someone else for my chance of expanding".

"I'll take that bet Mr. Winters" Jose says walking over to our cart and extending his hand towards Nathan who removed his glove.

"Deal Mr. Perez, for let's say a fee of what, fifty thousand for location per month".

"For a server room I'd need about two hundred of what you have since they have to be put in for each server box, so I think this just turned into a six billion dollar deal" Jose smirks as Nathan takes his hand.

"I'll take that" Nathan says accepting Jose's hand and the two men shake on it before moving on to the next hole, all the while I smiled holding in the want to laugh at the wealthy humour attached to making deals on a golf course.

"What's so funny?" Nathan asks looking over at me and I turn to look at him.

"The cliché of you making a six billion dollar deal on a fucking golf course" I laugh and he just looks ahead while shaking his head.

"I suppose it is a bit ridiculous isn't it. It's just how it is sometimes I guess. A custom that isn't disputed or questioned. The alternative is me setting him up in the office of Nexus Headquarters in Seattle and presenting the deal in a blackmail-esque way" he replies.

"You blackmailing people, I can't picture it".

"People do it all the time to get there way in the business world it's bullshit" Nathan mutters before we got to the spot where the balls should have landed and only found one accounted for.

"What do you use?" Jose asks hopping out of his cart.

"Taylormade" Nathan replies as we all wandered around the green and through the grass until I checked the hole.

No fucking way.

"It's a hole in one" I say looking up at them and they both furrow their brows before coming over to where I was standing and looked into the hole.

"Congratulations on that Nathanial" Jose says looking over at Nathan and clapping him on the shoulders.

"Well then we have eight more holes to get to" Nathan smirked before Jose did his next two shots getting Par once again.

<><><>

Nearly an hour later they were done and had packed up as we went back to the parking lot. Getting to the Aston, Nathan unlocked the car and opened the trunk before carefully placing both his bag and mine in the trunk.

"I'll send your PA the documentation, what is their name so I get it right?" Jose asks opening the back of his SUV.

"Tatyana, she's very concise, I'll warn you now" Nathan says with a chuckle and then shuts the back before getting into the front seat of the car.

"I didn't know you had a personal assistant" I muse.

"Oh yes, hired her last month. With the recent business deal I've learned that business has increased exponentially".

"Wow congratulations on your company's growth, also since we're mentioning news, I'm supposed to go to Seattle in March for a photoshoot" I say and Nathan hums.

"That is news, I'll lend you the keys to my penthouse in Seattle, it's the least I can do for you, if I can't go. I'd feel better knowing I could go so I could protect you but I can't make any promises" Nathan says looking over at me as he drove out of the country club.

"I'm sure our profs will allow you to go to Seattle with me" I assure and he nods.

"You never know, mostly I just don't want to end up having something happen to you".

"Put a little bit of trust in people, and if you can't go I'll let your security drive me everywhere" I say and Nathan nods.

"I care, and because I suck with words I try and show it because I don't know how else".

"And that us completely fine besides tonight is New Years enjoy yourself".

"I know it is, I guess that just comes with the responsibilities, I feel like I have to do everything when I don't" Nathan sighs running a hand through his hair.

"Can we have our New Years on the Syren?" I ask and he hums before handing me his phone.

"Type in l'amore, you are then going to find the contact labelled Captain Damien".

I do this and once I found the selected contact I glanced over at Nathan.

"Call him and put him on speaker please" Nathan says speeding off into the residential area of Marbella.

A few seconds of ringing later the Captain answered.

"Mr. Winters" the Captain says.

"Damien, I need the yacht ready to leave harbour in two hours do you think you could do that for me?".

"It'll be done sir, will you be wanting your PA to schedule everything again?" Damien asks and I fight laughter as Nathan's brow furrows.

"What, again?".

"When you got us to move the yacht, Tatyana planned the whole ordeal to a fault" Damien says.

"I'll be talking to my PA, sure she can do that again" Nathan says before the Captain and him say their goodbyes and just as quick Nathan calls his PA while flicking his eyes between the screen and the road.

Not even two rings later a thick but coherent Slavic accent escapes the phones speakers.

"Mr. Winters, what can I do for you?".

"I was just inquiring about the news that you planned the entire move of my yacht from Monaco to Marbella".

"Yes, I happened to be in Monaco managing a meeting finality since your account had to be confirmed and since I was taking care of your emails and meeting I flew to deal with it the previous night and never forwarded it to you. I could deal with it".

Nathan better pay this woman good money.

"Adjust your payscale by five percent please Tatyana I believe that is a ten thousand dollar increase" Nathan says, "also if you would please, Damien is waiting for the list of things that need to be done to prep the Syren to leave Marbella for my New Year celebration".

"Absolutely, hopefully it won't require rerouting power to the generators to make your yacht a speedboat".

"What!" Nathan gasps seeming shocked.

"Oh yes, because your engines are hybrid all other power sources aside from things that can't be turned off were used to make your yachts top speed forty-five knits not thirty-two" Tatyana explains.

"I'm not surprised you got my deadline met through creativity, that will be all for tonight Tatyana, thank you" Nathan says.

"You're welcome, I look forward to hearing about the trip when you get back on the twenty seventh my calendar says".

"That is correct" Nathan affirms and I never thought I'd be admitting I liked seeing Nathan shocked at how efficient his PA was.

"Well I will hear from you then, enjoy the rest of your trip sir".

"I will Tatyana" and with that he hangs up before I explode in laughter.

"I like your Personal Assistant" I comment before continuing to laugh much to Nathan's amusement.

This was a fun chapter to write also wanted to introduce Tatyana she's going to be my favourite character to write in the next book, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 3.5K 47
***Complete***Book 3 in a series involving the same group of friends** Andrew Miller had a difficult upbringing and as a result his friends are his f...
158 3 36
[EDITING] Book 2 in the Trust me -series Kathryn Summers doesn't trust guys anymore. Not after getting hurt by Mikey Coldwell, the boy she loved and...
3.3K 351 78
{Book #3 of The Devils Series} Six years has passed since Scarlett lost her memories and Derek and Nathan promised to not say a word. But some secret...
4.5M 107K 46
Isobel and Nathan must work to keep their romance alive when changes in their circumstances threaten to take a toll on it...