Serendipity | Gye Seon Woo

By lostbeanchild

Serendipity | When someone's born, there is a red thread that is tied to them, an invisible red thread that c... More

CAST
Act 1
01. Police Station
02. Clubbing
03. Gye Seon Woo?
04. Meat Party
05. Strange
06. Lunch Date
07. Complicated
08. Mission Impossible
09. Partners
10. Triple Date
Act 2
12. Betrayed
13. Worst Date
14. Answers
15. Crying
16. Confession
Act 3
17. School Trip
18. Separation
19. Drunk
20. The Morning After
21. Red string
22. Awkward
23. Memories pt 1: Blind Date
24. Memories pt 2: Gumiho?
25. Memories pt 3: Tortured
26. Memories pt 4: Heartbroken
Act 4
27. Hospital
28. Situationship
29. Officially Dating
30. Finally A Human
31. Rumor
32. You Like Do Jae Jin?
33. The Truth Is Out
34. A Life Reimagined

11. Nightmare

410 26 0
By lostbeanchild

The moon was bright, but the clouds scudding across that it kept throwing me into darkness. I used whatever strength I have left to run away from the people who were chasing me. I couldn't see where I was, all I know is that I had to get away from this town as far as I as possible, just so that I wouldn't get caught. I couldn't use my powers to teleport myself away as I was being tortured and abused for the past few days. As I was running into the forest, I could hear people shouting from a distance behind me. "Let's find that gumiho and kill it!"

I ran through a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees. I manage to outrun the people who were chasing me as I couldn't hear their voices or see their light anymore. I began breathing heavily as my chest struggled to move up and down as I ran. I quickly hid behind a huge rock and heave a sigh of relief. I was badly injured as I was being totured in a dungeon, but I had enough strength left to teleport myself out of the dungeon. I couldn't remember how I got into this mess, it all happened so fast.

Just as I was about to run further away, somebody suddenly covered my mouth and I nearly screamed, "Shhh...keep quiet or they'll hear you." A man whispered. When I turned to see who was the men, his face was blurry and I couldn't make out his face no matter how hard I tried. "Are you okay? Gosh, you're hurt." He asks me as he looks at my body to see my injuries. He then kissed my head softly. "I promise you, we'll get out of this together."

The next thing I knew, the two of us were running together. He held onto my hand and we started running for our lives. Suddenly I heard a bullet being fired and that was when I suddenly woke up screaming at the top of my lungs as it really felt like I had lived through that moment and it didn't feel like a dream at all.

Hye Sun quickly ran into my room and looked very concerned when she saw me shaking and sweating profusely. "Mi Young, are you alright?" Hye Sun asks her. "Don't worry it's just a bad dream, there's nothing to be scared of. It's not real." She tries to calm me down but that didn't stop me from shaking.

Once Mi Young had calmed down, Hye Sun tucked her back into bed and was about to leave her room, but Mi Young tugged onto Hye Sun's sleeve. "Please stay with me." Mi Young tells Hye Sun as she was scared that she'll have that scary nightmare again.

The next day when Mi Young woke up, Hye Sun was nowhere to be found. Once Mi Young got out of her room, she saw Hye Sun drinking coffee in the living room. Hye Sun noticed that Mi Young was awake, "Morning." She says while Mi Young just nodded. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." Mi Young tells her.

"By the way, what was your dream about." Hye Sun asks me.

"You know how normally I wouldn't get any nightmares." Mi Young tells her and Hye Sun nods. "Well, I'm not too sure what the dream is about, but all I know is that I was running away from some people who want to kill me 'cause they found out that I was a gumiho. I manage to outrun them in the forest and I hid behind a rock. But suddenly someone covered my mouth which made me panic and then we started running together. I felt safe around him but I couldn't make out his face and the next thing I know, an arrow came at me and that's when the dream ends."

"Oh, that does sound terrifying. At least that is just a dream." She tells Mi Young. "Gosh, I need to tell Woo Yeo about this. If he is right about what he told me, we need to somehow convince Mi Young to give Seon Woo a chance." Hye Sun thought to herself but was interrupted when Mi Young said that she was going to be late and she quickly changed out of her nightgown and went out of the house.

Incoming call from pabo

"What do you want." Woo Yeo asks Hye Sun.

"I got some lead of Mi Young memories." She replied and explained the whole dream to Woo Yeo. "I'm definitely sure that this Seon Woo guy is the guy in her dream."

"At least you finally use your brain this time." Woo Yeo tells her. "Since we have already confirmed that Seon Woo is the guy that will help Mi Young to be fully human, we just have to leave it to her fate."

"What do you mean by that." Hye Sun ask him as she was not keeping up with what he is saying.

"It means that we just have to monitor her and maybe give her some advice to help her here and there." Woo Yeo tells Hye Sun.

"Don't worry, leave it to me." Hye Sun tells him and he ended the call.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

After school, Seon Woo suggested doing their project work at a cafe as he finds doing it in school very distracting. After an hour had passed, they had finally arrived at their destination. Seon Woo got out of his car and went over to Mi Young's side to help her open the car door, but Mi Young already opened the door for herself.

"Why did we come so far?" Mi Young asked him as she got out of the car.

"They have great desserts. It's a really popular--" He spoke but Mi Young interrupted him as she wanted to get things over and done with.

"Let's get straight to work." Mi Young says before walking towards the cafe.

"I didn't know what you'd like, so I got everything." Seon Woo says before pushing the desserts toward me.

"Oh, that's a lot of food," I tell him.

"Let's eat first then start our work." He says and I nodded. As we were eating, I saw that Seon Woo kept on staring at me.

"Sunbae, why are you just staring at me while I eat?" I ask him curiously.

"Oh, ermmm...you always seem to eat every meal with a lot of enthusiasm. It's satisfying." He says.

"Satisfying?" I ask him.

"Yea, I like to watch mukbang." He says.

"Ohh, I didn't know that," I tell him. "So, what kind of girl do you like, sunbae?"

He was surprised by the question, that he nearly choked on his saliva. "What, why would you ask me that?" He asks.

"Oh nothing, I'm just curious what kind of girl you like as I heard you have had many girlfriends before," I ask him.

"You.." He says which made me look at him surprised. "Gosh, what am I saying?" He thought to himself. "Should not talk with your mouth full, you can choke on your food." He says as he tries to change the topic.

I was a little bit embarrassed at what he said and I started to pout and chew my food angrily. After eating, we decided to start on our project work.

"Shall we work on the report first?" I say as I put my laptop on the table and we both started doing our assignment together.

"Okay." He says. I was writing almost all the stuff as he had already told me his point of view on the date. By the time I came back home, it was already very late. I got out of the car and walked toward my apartment building. Seon Woo also stepped out of the car which made me confused.

"I can walk you up to your house." Seon Woo says.

"It's okay. I'll see you at school." I tell him and started walking away from him

"Mi Young. Can I ask you something?" Seon Woo asks as I turned around to face him while he walks closer to me.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"I know this is a sensitive question but, are you and Jae Jin dating? I mean you two seem so close with each other the other day at the meat party and is that why you don't want to go on a date with me? " He asks me.

"What? Erm...no we are not. We're just very close friends. I don't have any reason to tell you about my love life as it doesn't include you in it. If there's nothing else then I'll see you in school," I say before walking away from him.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

I am currently sitting down with Jae Jin who is playing games on his phone and Soo Kyung who is finishing up some work.

"She obviously likes him. Dam likes Sunghoon, and Sunghoon likes Dam." Jae Jin explains to us.

"What?" I ask him. "What makes you think that it's Sunghoon."

"When Dam texted us last night, which you left us on read by the way." Jae Jin tells me as I was busy doing research on my work and had no time to reply back to them. "She was talking about Sunghoon. The two of you are so slow-witted." He asks the two of us. Soo Kyung and I looked at him like he was a crazy person which he is when he is drunk.

"You're the one that is slow-witted. I'm 100% certain that it's not Sunghoon sunbae." Soo Kyung tells Jae Jin.

"I'm sure it's him. To be honest, I was worried because of the bad rumors about him being a playboy like Seon Woo. But now I'm going to root for him. He doesn't seem like such a bad guy. More importantly, Dam is totally into him."

"But Dam is not totally into him," I tell him. "She's literally talking about Woo Yeo, but these two don't know that." I thought to myself.

"Come on. She's head over heels for him. You know what she's like. But look at her now. I'm totally supportive of her dating him like how I support Seon Woo dating Mi Young." Jae Jin says.

"Supportive of what?" Lee Dam asks as she walks towards us.

"You and Sunghoon--" He says but I kicked his leg to make him shut up.

"He's supportive of us eating tteokbokki. You're coming right?" Soo Kyung says quickly to distract Lee Dam.

"Sure." Lee Dam says.

"Let's go," I say and Jae Jin just looks at Soo Kyung and me in shock.

"Come on, let's go," I tell him as I cling my arms around his arm and drag him to walk faster.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"Hey, why aren't you eating properly?" Soo Kyung asks Lee Dam. "Earlier, you couldn't even choose between ramyeon or udon noodles."

"Why, is it because of the friend you mentioned last night?" Jae Jin asks.

"What?" Lee Dam says.

"So? Has she admitted to liking the guy?" Jae Jin teases her.

"No, she says she doesn't like him." Lee Dam defended herself but Jae Jin doesn't believe her. Soon she got a text from I'm guessing Woo Yeo and she quickly went outside the restaurant without a word which made the three of us stare at each other confusedly. She came back happily. "Hey, I'm leaving." And with that, she ran off.

"Who is she meeting?" Jae Jin asks. "Hey, do you think she's meeting up with Sunghoon sunbae?"

"Gosh, why are you so obsessed with him?" Soo Kyung questions Jae Jin. "I think you're the one who has feelings for him."

"I really think I'm right." Jae Jin says.

"Let's go. I need to go to a TOEIC academy." Soo Kyung tells me.

"Really? Do you need a ride? I drove to school today." Jae Jin says.

"Your brother's car again? Haven't you scrapped it yet?" I asked him.

"Why would I scrap it? It runs just fine." Jae Jin says offended. "And it's not my brother's car anymore. It belongs to me now. He gave it to me."

"He didn't give it to you. He just threw it away." Soo Kyung says. "Anyways, I'll pass."

"You're not jealous because I own a car when you don't, are you?" Jae Jin asks.

"Are you asking for a beating or what?" Soo Kyung says angrily. "Mi Young let's go."

"My gosh, I know you're jealous. It shows." Jae Jin says and the two of us walked out of the restaurant leaving Jae Jin by himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30K 25
Sabrina Harrison and Josh Parker have been best friends since the beginning of freshman year. During high school, they began dating and planned to co...
90.2K 2.2K 21
Hee Young grew up without her father, who was always away on a journey for the King. Her father was Lord Moon, known as the Scholarly Lord, and as a...
29.5K 853 27
Disclaimer: This fan fiction does not follow the true history of Goryeo Dynasty. ~Returning back to the love story of King Taejo and Court Lady Oh...
672 51 15
WARNING: None of these characters belong to me(except for Piper) Notice: There is a small amount of anger, and a small bit of blood. Alice's life has...