Moran - Dare to Love

By Ms_WhisperAngel

A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologis... More

Part -1
Part -2 Missing teenagers
Part-3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 Coaxing and pampering
Part 28 Follow Rani sahiba k orders
Part 29
Part 30 A new case
Part 31 Who is the Murderer?
Part 32 love you like crazy
Part 33 Accident
Part 34 Statement
Part 35 Almost kiss
Part 36 Realisation
Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss
Part 38 A unique confession
Part 39 Some sweet time
Part 40 Goodbye
Part 41 Childhood memories
Part 42 Family Homicide
Part 43 His efforts to get praise
Part 44 Another family murdered
Part 45 Abandoned
Part 46 Caught but Got Injured
Part 47 Avni visits
Part 48 Shades of Karan Shergill
Part 49 A Beautiful Night
Part 50 How Fast the night starts to change
Part 51 Suicide or were being controlled?
Part 52 Say 'hello' to Jenny
Part 53 Now it begins
Part 54 A trip to US
Part 55 A video for Karan
Part 56 Trying to show his life
Part 57 Profiling him
Part 58 Analysing victims life again
Part 59 His Fantasy
Part 60 Hunt, Rescue and a Deal
Part 61 Little Moments
Part 62 Of accident and attacks
Part 63 For Being Karan Shergill's Woman
Part 64 Break out
Part 65 Parcel
Part 66 Simon's secret
Part 67 The letter or suicide note?
Part 68 J. I am back
Side story - Allen
Part 69 The kiss before he kills
Part 70 The plan behind the trap
Part 71 The Final Move
Part 72 The new Beginning
Side Story Faizi -1
Side story Faizi Part 2
Extra stories - 1
Extra stories 2 - The college life
Extra Story-3 Henpecked Husband
Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill
Extra stories -5

Part 18

829 61 17
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Monami can't remember how long she's been asleep for ...again. A little bedside lamp is on, so it's not completely dark in the room.

But she vaguely remembered that at some point last night, she saw Karan dressed in pyjamas standing on the side of the bed, looking for something. But soon, she fell asleep again.

She turned her head, and was surprised to find something lying beside her on the bed. Actually, it's someone. Actually, it is....Karan.

- What?

She got a fright from this scene.

He was lying very straight, with his hands on either side. The same sleeping position like the last time she saw him. Without the arrogant look on his face, he looked like a big boy when he is asleep.

But, when did he climb onto her bed?

Oh ...... his bed.

Monami tilt her body to look more closely at him. The room was so quiet, she can hear his breathing, and even feel the warmth of his breath coming towards her. Her heartbeat, silently accelerated.

Sweet dreams, Karan.

*****

The rays of the morning light shined through the window. Karan was the first to wake up.

He sat up, then turned around to look at Monami who was sleeping beside him.

It's the first time in his life that he's slept next to woman. He was exhausted last night when he went to bed so he didn't think too much about it.

She was still wearing the white shirt and black knee high skirt, revealing her legs. Her skin is so delicate and smooth. He can see her foot too. Soft, slender and beautiful.

She was sleeping on her side, and her whole person was in a crouching stance. He frowned. This position would put pressure on the heart. It's an unhealthy sleep posture. Karan adjusted her body so she was facing up. He put her hands and feet straight.

- That's much better. He slowly got up and came out of the room.

****

Monami woke up for the third time. The sky was completely bright. She looked at the clock. It's much later than she expected.

She hurried into the bathroom to wash her face. She lifts her head and saw a woman with messy hair and wrinkly clothes starring at her... in the mirror.

Oh great! this is how Karan saw her this morning when he woke up?!

****

Karan was in his black suit, sitting on a sofa reading the newspaper.

Monami went pass him. She needed to go back to her apartment to get changed when she heard a voice coming from behind the newspaper: "Where's my fish dumplings?"

- Oh no! She has completely forgotten about it.

Monami: "...... Main kisi aur din bana dungi eoh.. Abhi humare pass time nahi hain."

She turned and saw that there's already breakfast at the dining table. Mughlai parathas and aloo ki sabzi.. They're from a well-known shop in the neighbourhood. That was famous for these parathas. That a queue is always in front of shop every morning

Karan bothered to queue up to buy breakfast. That's so out of character for him. He used to say that the place is too crowded, too noisy and standing in queue is a time waster.

Even though she knows she won't get a nice answer out of him, she can't help but ask: "Yeh aapne khareeda?"

And as expected...

"No." He put down his newspaper: "Apne aap hawa se prakat ho gya.. maine toh bs chutki bajai."

****

Monami quickly went home to freshen up. When she returned with her luggage, she saw Faizi sitting opposite Karan, eating her share of Paratha.

Faizi gave her a cheeky smile. She pretended not to notice and ate the Paratha that was kept in plate in front of her by Karan.

When he finished eating, he took out a stack of documents and passed them to Monami.

Monami took a look: "This is ......"

Faizi smiled: "Background check by a private detective on all the staff in Customer 3 Division. Of course, given the short timeframe, yeh sirf preliminary results hain. Ek baar saari details aa jae toh I'll update you."

Monami looked at Karan: "Wow, that's efficient."

Karan smiled at her. - Of course that goes without saying.

*****

Monami started reading the documents in the car. Faizi was driving them to the airport. Each person document was attached with their pic.

Presenting Amrapali Gupta as Debina Ghosh

Manager.
Career woman. Divorced. no kids.
Work is life.
Picky, Not very good tempered, often complain about residential security guards / cleaning / restaurant services etc etc, Replaces part time maid every 3-4 months. She doesn't like Shagun. Last year, she has twice wanted to transfer her out of the division or fire her, but was unable to do so because of department of labour regulations.

Monami now realised Debina don't know of their real identity and purpose in the division. She only thought Karan and Monami are related to Chairman and thus given good positions in an elite team.

Presenting Viraf Patel as Pranab Ganguly

- Typical nice guy. Everyone thinks highly of him, whether they are his coworkers, neighbours, or friends. His wife died two years ago, leaving behind a two year old son. He battled depression for a long time after his wife died. He devotes all his time to his son. He spent all his time outside work with him. Last year, a friend tried to match him with a beautiful young girl. He refused.

Presenting Sahil Anand as Abhijeet Dutta

He is not originally from Kolkata. Single. Homosexual. Likes to frequent gay bars. No fixed partner.

Presenting Vaibhavi Kapoor as Niharika Khanna

Also from out of town. She frequent bars too. Gets on well with foreigners. changes a boyfriend every few months.

Presenting Vatsal Seth as Kushal Mukherjee

Fits the impression Monami has of him.
from a rich family, playboy, a well-known client in most of the city's nightclubs.

Presenting Avinash Mukherjee as Shomik Das

He is complete opposite to Kushal. He spends a lot of time looking after his parents, who were both paralysed after their stroke. A caring and filial son.

****

According to police records and meteorological data, it was raining heavily the whole night. So there is a possibility a lot of the evidence would have been washed away by the rain.

Monami took out a pen and paper, and list the room arrangement for the retreat :

Room A: Debina, Niharika.

Room B: Pranab.

Room C: Abhijeet, Kushal.

Room D: Shomik.

Room E: Shagun.

Presenting Radhika Muthukumar as Shagun.
(Okay past me mujhe kuch smjh nahi aaya toh Maine isse hi as Shagun set Kiya as Shomik Avinash h toh..)

In the original schedule, Niharika and Shagun should be in the same room. But because Debina and Niharika were working on a project together, they changed the sleeping arrangements.

Kushal should have stayed with Shomik, but he and Abhijeet wanted to watch soccer together.

Based on what they told the police. No one left their room that night.

****

Monami thought for a moment, turned to look at Karan. He's put on a sleep mask to take a nap.

She poked his arm: "Tell me. Aapne kya socha abhi tak?"

Karan just answered "Yeh ki mujhe Sona hain.. Bhoolo mat, jab tum woh unhealthy posture me so Rahi thi na tab main breakfast khareedne Gaya tha tumhare liye."

Monami blushed. She took a glance at Faizi. Faizi was still driving, as if he didn't hear a word they were saying.

Monami pretended she didn't hear those words too, and continued to poke Karan: "Aap plane me so jaa naa.. waise bhi plane me bahut saare log honge.. Uss waqt.. I won't be able to talk to you freely. Agar aap mujhe sikhayenge nahi, toh phir how am I suppose to solve the case myself next time?"

- Ops. Next time?... It's a slip of the tongue.

Karan took off his sleep mask and smiled to her: "It's a deal!"

Monami: "Nahi, nahi.. yeh toh bs ek analogy thi.. ki..." He put on his sleep masks again.

Then Faizi suddenly spoke: "Monami. Mohatrama Do you find it crowded in this car?"

Karan chipped in: "Kehna kya chah raha h tu, saand?

Monami was also a bit puzzled. Then she saw Faizi putting up three fingers. She suddenly understood why -

Three is a crowd. He's like the third person spoiling the privacy of a pair of lovers.

****

Monami pretended she didn't understand. Luckily Faizi has decided not to ridicule her anymore. He whistled as he continued to drive.

Then Karan spoke: "Phle tum apne views btao.. tumhe kya lagta hain? Phir I'll tell you mine."

Monami replied: "First of all, the phone that didn't reach Shagun's mom was during 0:40am. Mujhe lgta Hain ki koi uss samay usse Milne gya tha isliye woh call interrupt hua. Par kon tha woh yeh hume find out karna hoga.

Secondly, woh blue dress aur pearl earrings.. murderer k pass koi wajah nahi h ki woh unn things ko leke jae , iss case me loopholes rahe. So, something must have happened. Maybe woh dress rip ho gayi ya phir the murderer had to take them away in order to avoid exposing signs of struggle.

Saare suspects ko dekhe toh mujhe lgta Hain, Abhijeet is more likely to be the killer. Although woh gay hain, but there's something about him jo mujhe bahut uncomfortable feel karata hain.. even more so than that playboy Kushal"

After she finished, she looked expectantly at Karan.

"Oh great." He nodded, "Sirf ek suspect, aur woh bhi speculation par based. Good job"

Monami: "...... " A little disappointed, she asked: "So, aapka kya conclusion hain phir?"

"Preliminary Conclusions: ___________

*****

So here it is... I am leaving at the cliffhanger.. what do u think Karan's conclusion is...
Kya hoga... Socho.. socho...

And guys also.. pics sirf isiliye show ki h so that u can get how the characters are.. saare characters woh liye woh jo negative rahe ho.. bcoz anyone from them can be the killer.. anyone..

And they are not gonna be for whole story only till this case..

Agar comments aaye then maybe jldi pta chl jae..

Alright till then
Ta-ta

Your writer
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 122K 60
Highest ranking: #9 Romance & #4 in General Fiction!!! WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 17 so there is a ton of grammatical errors so please re...
19K 915 44
If you are not loved, if you have got nobody to love you, then turn your loveless life into something beautiful. That something should be worth. ☆☆☆ ...
4.4K 508 8
"Mohabbat aur nafrat dono ke rang laal hai. Lekin fark yeh hai ki nafrat se duniya barbaad ho jaati hai, aur mohabbat mein khud barbaad hona padta ha...
48.1K 192 1
|COMPLETED| |REPUBLISHING| "Why are you rejecting the proposal?" "First of all , i have no interest in marriage and secondly she doesn't meet my sta...