Being Good Enough

By Chrisismyfav

The older you get you the more you realize that in relationships things like looks, and background aren't as... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*Note*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 27

4.3K 286 80
By Chrisismyfav

Chris's POV

I felt a hand on my back so I jumped up ready to fight.

"Calm down. Its just me," Khadijah giggled.

Most of the people had left the cafe to go to class. There was only like 30 people still in here. And of course Khadijah was one of them. This girl just can't leave me alone.

"Whataya need?" I asked, looking at the table. I've been trying to not look in Khadijahs eyes because then I'll start to feel even worse.

"Um, I was just wondering if you're okay. Did something happen at home because you seem really sad and upset?" Khadijah asked.

I felt bad before but now I really regret talking to Red and agreeing to that dumbass bet. Dijah is so sweet. Here I was, trying my hardest to be rude to her and she still cared about my feelings. She is too good for me.
Maybe its best if we do break up.

"Yeah, i'm good," I replied.

"You sure? You know you can tell me."

I pisses me off when she keeps pushing after I already told her. "Yes, i'm sure."

"Are you taking your pills?" Dijah whispered.

"Shut the fuck up Khadijah! I already said yes! Damn," I shouted.

She flinched and backed away from me. I know I should say sorry but she's so damn annoying. She never knows when to stop. I wasn't taking my pills anymore. I didn't stop on purpose, I just keep forgetting. But she don't gotta know that.

Khadijah walked away from me. At this point, I was pretty much the only student still here.

"Chris, go get to class," Mrs. Vega commanded.

I got up and left the cafe.

"You and her in a fight?" Karrueche popped in out of no where. I guess shes talking about Dijah.

"You were watching us?" I asked.

"No, you just yell really loud," She answered.

We laughed together for a few seconds.

Kae stopped laughing abruptly. "Y'know me and you never got into any arguments."

And it was true. I don't remember us getting into one fight. But thats probably because our relationship was based on sex. There was no substance. It didn't matter if I talked to another girl or her to another guy as long as we came back to eachother, which we always did. That was until I met Khadijah.

"Yeah, thats true," I sighed. I already know how this is finna go.

Kae stopped walking and stepped closer to me. "We were together for so long until she ruined it. Remember in 9th grade when you used to walk here to pick me up so we could skip? And the one time we got caught at the basketball court?"

Kae was really getting me all up in my feelings. I used to like her so much but it never went farther then sex.

"Yeah, I remember," I said.

"Well, I miss that. I miss you," Kae cried. She looped her arms around my neck. Now, we were body-to-body.

I don't know what came over me but I pushed Kae away. She fell on the floor. I stared her laying there, not even feeling bad. Shes just as annoying as Khadijah.

I walked away from Kae. I ran my hand down my face as I thought about Dijah. When is she not on my mind? She's the reason I pushed Kae. I can't cheat on her again. She doesn't deserve that.

All my stuff was falling on the floor as I searched hurriedly through my locker. The small bottle I'd spent 5 minutes looking for was perched on the top shelf with some papers covering it. I took a small pill and washed it down with some Cola. I rubbed my temples as if it would make my brain function better.

I'm crazy. My thoughts were all over the place and all jumbled up in my mind. Its scary how fast my feelings change. One second I feel like i'm in love with Khadijah and the next all I wanna do is hit her. An example is when we were in the cafe.

Its so confusing. I like Khadijah, I really do. She's nice and smells good and I like being around her. She just doesn't fit in with anyone. Shes not even friends with all the other losers, she's a complete loner. I wish she was different.

We should just break up. Were not gonna work out, anyway. I'm not good enough for her. She needs a guy whos gonna treat her right. Not a fuckboy who will play with her feelings for a bet. I'll just keep ignoring Khadijah. After we break up, she can find someone better than me.
-
Khadijahs POV

I crossed my arms across my chest to create some warmth. It didn't really help but whatever. It feels like i've been standing here forever! Where is Chris? He picks up every school day at the same time. I don't know why today he wouldn't.

"Hey, do you know what time it is?" I inquired a girl who turned out to be Ashley from my math class.

She pulled out her phone. "Its 3:03."

"Okay, thank you."

I've been standing here for 23 minutes! If there was ever a time that I needed my phone, it was now.

I trudged all the way to my house. But then I remembered I had "tutoring." Should I just tell grandma it got cancelled? But then she'll wonder why it took my so long to get home. I spun around and began walking away from my house. There was a small café just a few blocks up, I'll go there.

The warm air felt so good around cold body. I walked to the small counter and ordered a hot chocolate. There weren't too many customers so I sat in a soft booth, drinking my order and doing homework.

"Hey Khadijah," A voice said. I looked up to see that the voice belonged to Micheal.

"Oh, hey Micheal. . ." I trailed off because I saw a little boy holding Micheals hand.

"My nephew," Micheal announced.

"Hi, cutie. Whats your name?" I asked the little boy.

"King!" He squeaked.

"Aw, he's adorable," I cooed. Toddlers are annoying but they're so cute.

"Can we sit down?" Micheal pointed at the seat across from me.

"Oh yeah, sure."

"I come here a lot, but I've never seen you here."

"Um, yeah this is the first time I've came here. Chris forgot to pick me up and thats how I found it," I took a pause and then started talking again. "I think you were right."

"About?" Micheal questioned, raising an eyebrown.

"About Chris."

"King, go look at the fishies. I think they got some new ones," Micheal said to King. He ran over to the fish bowl, excited.

"What happened?" Micheal asked.

"We had sex yesterday. And he's ignoring me," I revealed.

"Is he really ignoring you or are you being dramatic?"

"He's really ignoring me. Ever since we did it, everytime I try to talk to him I get 2 word answers. And this morning he convientally couldn't pick me up. So, I asked him if something was wrong and he snapped on me for literally no reason. We drive together every day and today he left me outside, freezing in the cold," I explained.

"I'm sorry."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really your fault."

"So, what you gonna do?"

"I know I should break up with him. But I gave him my virginity, I don't want us to be over just like that," I cried.

"You shouldn't force a relationship," Micheal said.

I looked down sadly. "Yeah, you're right."
-
"Grandma?" I called out.

"In the room," she answered.

I went in there to see her folding clothes. "I have a question," I announced.

"Yes?"

"Can I have my phone back? Please! I swear I'll behave better," I pleaded.

She sighed and handed it to me.

"Yes! I love you," I shouted, kissing her cheek.

The first thing I did was text Chris.

Wtf, did you forget about me? -Khadijah, 3:51 pm

I got no reply so I texted him again.

Hello . . .-Khadijah, 3:57 pm

Still nothing. I typed I hate you but instead of clicking send I deleted the words. To be honest, I hate myself.
I'm so goddamn stupid. I really thought that his feelings were sincere. I'm crazy to have believed that a guy like Chris would like me.

We need to talk. -Khadijah, 4:00 pm
In person -Khadijah 4:00 pm

-----------
I'm on a role with all these chapters! I feel very inspired to write for some reason lol. Anyways, thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 390 13
You are free to request whatever you like, as long as it's not creepy.
394K 13.9K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
5.4M 128K 59
Melanie and August Alsina been best friend since womb. Nothing can tear them apart. They both have feelings for each other. But what happens when the...
562K 8.6K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...