More Than Just That

By MhayaRy

Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened... More

Proluge
Dedication
Chapter 1 :Sparks
Chapter 2 : Why Me?
Chapter 3: Waves
Chapter 4: He Noticed
Chapter 5 : Life Saver
Chapter 6 :Jock
Chapter 7 :Dating
Chapter 8: Kiss
Chapter 9 : Playful Kiss
Chapter 10 : Soul Sisters
Chapter 11 : The Truth Gets Out
Chapter 12 : Main Lady
Chapter 13 : Period Troubles
SPECIAL THANKS
Chapter 14 : In Deep Shit
Chapter 15 : The Untangled Web
Chapter 16 : Bring It On
Chapter 17 : Party Crasher
Chapter 18 : Triggered
Chapter 19 : The Breakup Fiasco
Chapter 20 : A Confession?
Chapter 21 : A Proposal
Chapter 22 : Picture Perfect
Chapter 23 : Holiday Affairs
Chapter 24 : Lost Soul
Chapter 25 : Three Bottles Of Poison
Chapter 26 : Secrets
Chapter 27 : Heart burns
Chapter 28 : Limits
Chapter 29 : Blushes and laughter
Chapter 30 : Turn it up
Chapter 31 : Jabel
Chapter 32 : Pity Case
Chapter 33 : Risky
Chapter 34 : Accidents
Chapter 35 : Anonymous Texts
Chapter 36 : Strangers and Stalkers
Chapter 37 : Birthday Blues
Chapter 38 : Touches and Boners
Chapter 39 : Dad Rules
Chapter 40 : Levelled up
Chapter 41 : Druggies And Secrets
Chapter 42 : Wine and Broken Bottles
Chapter 43 : Amendments
Chapter 44 : Acts Out
Chapter 46 : Kiss me already!
Chapter 47 : Date Night
Chapter 48 : Mutual Understanding
Chapter 49 : Sweet and Sour
Chapter 50 : Exes and Secrets
Chapter 51 : Reasons To

Chapter 45 : Coupled Up, Finally!

44 8 0
By MhayaRy

When I stepped foot up the rooftop my breath hitched.A beautiful sight met my eyes.
Confetti littered the floor and the place was decorated with colorful strings and ribbons.White balloons lay on the floor threatening to fly away with the littlest gust of wind.I looked proudly about me,the planning and detail put into everything was exquisite.
My eyes caught sight of a pure white bulletin board with journal sized photographs stuck to it.I progressed near to have a better look at it.My pictures,taken unawares from a year ago about the time when Jay joined the Newsletter Committee stared back at me.The pictures were lovely and taken with soo much precision; me with my laptop, smiling at my iPhone screen, taking a snack, sorting out files...
Then the realisation dawned on me that I was the one Jay's camera had mostly been concentrated at, it was never Jessica,Jay liked me from the start.
Standing in the middle of the room,I took in the sharp smell of fresh flowers, the place looked beautiful.The view from the rooftop was amazing and I marvelled at the amount of time planning and resources put into this.

Whipping my head back and turning to face him fully,I looked up at him, holding a bouquet of assorted roses in his arms.He stepped closer and my heart raced, staring back into his alluring blue eyes.

"This is for the first day I met you."He said plucking a rose with a note tied on its stem from the bouquet in his arms.

"You intrigued me from the start Camilla,and for each passing moment,week I spent with you and was unable to tell you how I felt,it's embedded in a rose."He announced.

I tugged the note free from the rose and unfolded it gently.

I think you're really pretty but it's just the cheekiness I'm tryna get past.

The statement stared back at me in Jay's cursive writing.A soft smile played at my lips as I stared back at him in admiration on having got a haunch of what was going on in his mind the first week we met.

"I like it when you smile."He confessed looking silently up at me.

"Have I told you that before?Shit! They're many other things I haven't told you before."He blabbed and I got lost staring at how cute he looked trying to get his message across.

Abandoning that,he run his fingers through his hair giving a sexy edge to it.I at once wanted to get lost in the chocolate mop.

"I'm not the best at putting my feelings into words,bit I want to try nonetheless, because I've been struggling with this feeling for a while now and I think it's about time I went straight to the point.The thing is I really care about you, ever since we became good friends."He paused and looked innocently up at me.

"My breath hitches when you walk into a room, I can't seem to get your laughter, voice or face out of my mind.Camilla your touch ignites my soul...I think it's love right?"He stared earnestly at me describing the way he felt,the way we both felt.

"I honestly hope you feel the same way Camilla..."He droned as I gently placed the bouquet of roses on the table beside me.

Taking practiced steps towards him,I grabbed the scruff of his shirt collar and taking him by surprise,I smashed my lips my lips against his loving the taste of caramel and a hint of mint rolling on his tongue.Drawing my arm from the side where it hung limply beside me,I wrapped it securely around his neck and ran the other through his soft mop of chocolate brown curls.

A soft moan left his succulent lips as he took charge , drawing back  once for air and capturing my lips possessively with his.
I savoured the sweet feeling of his sweet lips rocking against mine and the butterflies attacked my belly in swarms, making me feel weak and defenseless underneath.

A rush went up my spine as I felt Jay's warm hands on my bare back,beneath the material of my denim jacket I'd used to cover up the lowcut of my dress.
He drew me closer deepening the kiss and I clung to him, feeling each and every part of him.

"Um, sorry.Forgive me.I just came up to deliver these.Yup,I guess I'd better leave now."Rachel droned awkwardly placing a blue cardboard box on the table.She left as quickly as she'd come.

Jay and I both stared at her for a while before bursting into laughter,our foreheads touching as we gazed lovingly into each others eyes,his arms now resting around my waist.

Gently pulling away after sometime,I turned my attention to the box Rachel had delivered.

I lifted it open and a smile played gently on my lips.My favourite cupcakes from Cake'd Up stared right at me.
Then the truth as to why I saw Cake'd up on Rachel's list came flooding back to me.They were ordering cupcakes for me from Cake'd Up not going there on a date behind my back.Jealousy made you think nasty things , I internally laughed at myself.

My eyes lit in excitement watching the red velvet cupcakes baked fresh,for me.They were topped with my favourite cream cheese icing and decorated with colourful fondant flowers.

I carefully picked up one from the dozen and nibbled at it.It was sweet and yummy and the icing melted smoothly in my mouth.It left a tingling sensation in my taste buds.

"You must try it, it's really good."I excitedly urged Jay thrusting him half of the cupcake I'd nibbled from.He took a bite maintaining eye contact  and I smiled as he marvelled at its deliciousness.

I was still in his  arms so I turned a little to gaze into his eyes and tell him  thank you for the delicacy.

"It tastes wonderful."I commended suddenly going red in the process.He stared incredulously at me.

"But not as good as your kisses."I ended shyly burying my face in the crook of his neck.He pulled me deeper to himself in the embrace and gently ran his hands across my back.

"Your dirty talk is something I wouldn't mind familiarising myself with."He laughed placing a kiss on my fore head.I only burned more red.

"Um, are we allowed to be here?"I asked after sometime realising school was probably out by now.Literature was the last period anyway.

"The principal is my Aunt, what do you expect?"He stated, his eyes crinkling with mischief.

  "What other favours have you been coining from Principal Mullins?"I teased smoothening out the scruff of his shirt.

"Technically she's your in law now so she'd  prefer Aunt Sally."He droned trying to change the topic.

"Nice try Greene, back to topic."I stated.

"Damn,I love the way my surname runs smoothly from your mouth, there's this sexy edge to it."He commented and I felt giddy. Suddenly realising it was most probably a part of his flattery,I  stared up quietly up at him.

"Fine,"He admitted with a chuckle.He defiantly raised his hands up in the air in mock surrender.

"I may not or may have convinced her to let me join the   newsletter committee my first few days in the school."He admitted going a pale crimson.

Yes,the explanation as to why our paired newsletter committee team code was broken into a trio was clear now, protocol.

"Jake,"I muttered shaking my head.

"I swear I wanted in to get back at you for ditching me when I actually wanted you to show me around.Then I realized messing with you did nothing but to bruise my ego so I abandoned it and got on your good side ,then fell in love with you."He shrugged.

"Sorry,I had no idea of your feelings back then."I shook my head.

" It's no biggie we're together now,I saw it coming though, you're one hot chick to not crush on ."He ended with a low whistle, earning a smile from me as I played with the roses I'd taken back in my arms again .

"When did you develop feelings for me then?"He asked settling on the picnic blanket spread on the floor.

I joined him on the blanket, kicking off my shoes.Then I scooted near, settling beside him and laying my head on his thighs.He took my hand in his, staring into my eyes.Even from an inverted view damn he still looked good.

"The hard truth dawned on me when you and Jessica became boyfriend and Girlfriend."I confessed quietly.

"I think it was there all along,I just couldn't quite lay my finger on it though."I lamented.

"Funny,we fell in love almost the same time yet we got around to it now."He stated in amusement.

"I'm glad to have you Jay."I said honestly.He inched closer and delivered a short peck on my lips,my hair brushing softly against his chin.

I reached for the flowers after and plucked the second note for the second week.

Her sass makes her much more endearing.

My eyes skimmed across the note.

"Aww,"I cooed rising up to peck him back on the lips.I couldn't get enough of his kisses either.

"Um, Camilla.I like where this is going." He moaned against my lips for the fifth note I'd read and hundredth kiss.

I smiled against his lips pulling away.

"This is as far as it goes Greene."I teased opening the next note.

It was a fantastic afternoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 116 41
When Jake lifted his chin up, his dark gaze locking on mine, my stomach ignited like someone had set a match to an ember. His eyes burned with equal...
3.1K 60 25
His soft hum, and chuckle he lets out against my ear lobe has me shivering. "You can keep telling yourself that once we leave this school, graduate...
483 62 13
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...
108K 1.5K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...