out of the grey [N. Sebastian]

By heartsickblegh

in a world where you are born seeing black and white until you find your person. your soulmate. a gloomy loo... More

prologue
timeline :)
the night we met
small talk
meeting the band
covid
hard days
three words
fun night
chill day
moments
movie night
graduation
holidays together
new years
something new
sleepless nights
before i leave
when i leave
after i left
noah
im back
my hometown
quick little authors note <3
touring
mischief and fun
2 years
surprise
feeling of content
meeting the family
happy birthday
new story!!
a good change
the ending pt. 1
the ending pt. 2

coffee and lunch

1.6K 23 7
By heartsickblegh

[<3]

I arrived home around 2am this morning. as soon as I entered my small apartment, I headed for the bed, but not before I texted Noah letting him know I made it home.

——

it is now 9am and I'm laying in bed looking through my phone. I open my messages and see 2 texts from Noah.

noah <3 : I'm glad you made it home :) I made it home safely as well. sweet dreams Maeve, I'll see you tomorrow ;)
3:12am

noah <3 : good morning Maeve, I hope you slept well <3
8:56am

I smile at the sweet texts and the reminder that I get to see him again today.

me : good morning :) I slept fine, thank you. did you sleep well?

9:04am

Noahs quick to reply to my message.

noah <3 : I did. thank you for asking :)

9:04am

me : ofc! I'm happy to see you again today. I've been really jittery about it, but in a good way.

9:05am

noah <3 : I can definitely say the same thing. I'll pick you up at 12?

9:07am

me : can't wait :)

9:08am

I give him my address and set my phone on the bed before deciding to get out of bed. I head to the bathroom, deciding on taking a shower. I wash my hair and body, not needing to shave, and was out of the shower in 10 minutes.

I put on my silk black robe after drying myself, and leave my hair down. I wash my face and follow with my daily skincare routine, then brush my teeth. I add some leave in conditioner to my hair before brushing it, leaving it to air dry.

I have plenty of time before Noah gets here, so I decide to just sit in bed and watch some Netflix before getting ready.

——

at 11:15 I decide it's time to get dressed after I ended up watching nearly 2 episodes of 'Supernatural'.

I put on a pair of high-waisted ripped mom jeans, an oversized grey band tee and white air-force 1s. My long dark brown hair is now mainly dry and taking it's natural curls.

for makeup, I use mascara, brow gel and some chapstick. once I finish, I check my phone to see the time. 11:50am.

I make sure I have all of my stuff including: my keys, wallet, phone, and some chapstick before sticking them into my small black bag. Just as I'm putting my bag on my shoulder, there's a knock on the door.

I all but run to the door, excitement shooting through my veins. I unlock the door, open it and am met with a pair of beautiful brown eyes. the smile on his dance instantly makes my smile even bigger.

"hey."

"hey, I brought these for you." he says gesturing to a small bouquet of white roses.

"oh my god, they're beautiful! thank you!" I blush and take the flowers. "here, come in while I put them in a vase."

he follows behind me to the kitchen and leans against the island in the center of the small room. I grab a vase from under the counter and start to put some water in it.

"this is a really nice apartment, how long have you lived here?" he makes small talk.

"thanks, I got it back in 2016 when I started going to college. I was going to get a dorm but decided community showers weren't for me." I joke but serious at the same time.

he lets out a small laugh and I finish with the flowers. he watches with a smile as I place the flowers in the center of the island. I take a second and look at what he's wearing. he's wearing a white shirt with what looks to be Jesus dunking on satan and a pair of black jeans. his hair is once again in a low messy bun.

"there. beautiful! you ready?" i ask as I walk over to him.

"yeah, let's go." he says and takes a hold of my hand.

——

the drive there was only about 15 minutes from my apartment, LA's traffic making it seem longer. we made small talk the entire ride, occasionally listening to the soft music in a comfortable silence.

we pull up to a small corner café, noah shuts off the car before stepping out and walks to my side to open the door before I get the chance.

"my lady." he says and takes my hand, helping me out before shutting the door behind him.

I blush. "I appreciate the gesture, but you don't have to do it all the time Noah."

he pulls the cafés door open for me to walk in first. "you'll never have to open a door when you're with me, Mae." he winks.

my cheeks become even more red at the name and he just smiles. we wait in line holding hands, both studying the menu before it becomes our turn. we both decide on getting a French vanilla cappuccino and we as well ordered some pastries.

Noah pays, then we go find a spot in the corner to sit and wait for our names to be called.

"you know to be completely honest I didn't fully know who you were last night. my friends dragged me along, I only found out your name from my friend obsessing over me holding your hand. I of course knew some songs, they would die if I came to a concert unprepared," I chuckle while telling him, looking out the window. "you and your band are insanely talented, by the way." I meet his eyes.

he's just staring back at me with an adorable smile on his face.

I continue, "I feel like me not knowing you, is the best thing because that way we both can be at the same speed here and get to know each other. I obviously didn't expect you to know who I was, nor did I expect to make eye contact and for you to be my soulmate, but I mean here we are. I was just a face in one of the many crowds you've seen. originally I wasn't even going to go to the concert, I had work but they canceled my shift. I'd say fate definitely has it's ways."

he grabs one of my hands with both of his and starts playing with my fingers.

"I'm glad you came. I don't think I've ever been as happy as I was last night when I found you. I'm glad we're going into this equally, and I'm glad I'm the one who shares the information with you and not someone else." he offers a charming smile, before continuing. "I noticed you in the crowd before, you were dancing with your friends while they sang the lyrics and you only sang some. you were in your moment and something drew me to you, of course I thought you were beautiful but I didn't think anything of it until we made eye contact. I'm excited to get to know more about you, I want to know everything, even if it's your most embarrassing/disturbing stories. I want to know everything, and I'm excited to show you who really I am."

he lightly squeezes my hand before going to retrieve our goods, leaving me in my thoughts. this man, who I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with and have only known for under 24 hours is already making my heart flutter in ways no one else has.

he comes back and we start to eat the pastries and drink our coffee.

"you know that story that Will tried to tell you last night?" I ask him.

he nods his head and takes a sip of his coffee.

"well it was New Year's Eve and we were over at Amelia's house for a small little get together/party. There were some other people there but in all honesty that night is a blur. I only know what was told to me and what happened before I was hammered. Will wasn't lying when he told you that I'm a light weight. All three of us girls were literally hammered, I only had 3 shots of tequila. like I said, light weight." I let out a soft laugh before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Will told me that that night I had decided that I was going to go upstairs and get onto the roof to jump into the pool. he tried to get me down but failed as I literally tripped and fell into the pool," he barks out a laugh. "It was a long drop, I don't know what sobered me up honestly, whether it was the cold water or the pain that went through my body as soon as I made contact with the water, but I just remember being pulled from the water and asking what happened before passing out."

Noah had his hand covering his mouth as he tried not to disturb the small café with his loud laugh.

"what?" I shrugged, "you said you wanted to my embarrassing stories." I cheekily say.

"I wasn't expecting that," he laughs. "all because of 3 tequila shots?" he laughs harder.

"yes, I know I'm such a lightweight but how can I be the life of the party if I don't get drunk so easily?" I joke.

"oh I can tell you sure are the life of every party."

I smile at him and he smiles back, we go into a comfortable silence as we finish our food and coffees. we walk out hand in hand with him opening the door for me, along with the car door.

"I have a show tonight and I'd really like if you could come. I also want to introduce you to my band mates. if you're busy that's completely understandable, I just thought I'd invite you." he says scratching this back of his neck.

It seems like I can never not be smiling around this man. "of course I'll be there, I'd love to meet your band."

he offers me a big smile and nods his head. he starts the car and pulls out of the parking spot making his way out of the parking lot. he grabs my hand with one of his and rests them on my lap.

I watch him as he drives, completely captivated on how I got someone so sweet and caring as my soulmate.

"would you like me to take you home or do you want to just come with me while I set up everything and get stuff ready?" he asks.

"if you don't mind, I'll tag along with you."

"I don't mind at all." he smiles. "I have to pick up some stuff from my house first, but it won't take long."

"that's completely fine, I'll even help if you need me to."

he nods and drives in the direction of his house, not letting go of my hand once during the drive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 302 17
Two estranged lovers from high school meet again after 5 years of no contact; one dire situation where they need to work together to survive. Can Noa...
14K 471 42
What Vivian never considered, was maybe it was her fault? All the things she's been through, may just as well have been to her own doing. Vivian and...
4K 96 20
When Los Angeles firefighter Alex Howard responds to a house fire, she meets an unexpected friend. This is their story. Noah Sebastian x original fe...
5K 197 21
Sequel to Careful What You Wish For... Noah and Vivian have made it this far, but what does life hold for them? Will it contain more chaos, or will...