holidays together

[<3]

the 4th of July came faster than expected.

we all currently stand in the middle of the driveway watching fireworks set off. someone decided giving Jules a sparkler was a smart idea which ends horribly when she gets my arm with it.

"ow! motherfucker!" I flinch away at the burning pain that suddenly took over my arm. "Dammit Jules, who the hell gave you a sparkler?" I snatched it away.

"hey! that was my sparkler! Will! she took my sparkler!" she drunkenly whines.

"yeah, your sparkler that you tried to set me on fire with!" I put it out in the small bowl of water that we have for them so we don't step on them.

"sorry." she giggles.

in her drunken state she felt bad but still laughed about it like we usually do when something happens.

for 1: who the hell gives a drunk person a sparkler? Will, that's who.

and 2: who the hell would give one to Jules? again, it was will.

I let out a soft laugh and head inside to put some cold water on the burn so it doesn't get horrible.

to be fair, it was pretty funny, but I swear Will is the ultimate dumbass.

"you okay?" Noah asks walking into the kitchen after me.

"yeah, believe me, it's not the first time." I laugh.

"I can tell, Amelia literally put her in time out in the car, saying something along the lines of, "Will how many times have I told you not to give her a sparkler, especially when she's drunk!?" everyone got a kick out of it, but I'm glad you're okay." he says wetting a paper towel and setting it on my burn.

the burn surprisingly isn't just a dot like I thought it was, it's a line from where she dragged it not realizing she was touching someone.

"alrighty let's get back out there, we are missing the best part!"

I take his hand and pull him back outside. another hour of fire works and drinks pass by. Jules is asleep in my car, all of us forgetting about her time out, Jolly and Will carried her inside the house when it was time to head back in.

we stayed up talking for a bit longer before everyone decided it was time to go to sleep.

——

it's now October 31st, Halloween and Noah's birthday.

it's currently 9am and everyone will be over in about 7 hours. he sleeps so peacefully, that I can't help but stare and play with his hair.

soon he starts to stir awake, smiling when he sees me.

"good morning baby." he whispers.

"good morning and happy birthday!" my smile widens.

"thank you!" he gives me a quick kiss and we lay there for about another hour before deciding it was time to get up.

"hey man, you ready?" Jolly asks Noah in the kitchen.

step one of the plan. we're planning a surprise party for Noah tonight, but with 2 extra people.

they both fly in at 2, so Jolly is taking Noah out to go do some stuff and then they should be back around 4ish.

he nods his head and gives me a kiss before heading out the door.

"okay boys! I'll leave at around 1 to get to the airport and to hopefully miss traffic. while I'm gone I need you to set up balloons and banners, nothing to hard, got it? I'll deal with the food now and when I get back."