before i leave

[<3]

the day started off normal. wake up to the boys eating in the kitchen before everyone parts ways to go work on separate projects, Noah and Jolly work in the studio and the others left the house.

about an hour later, Noah notified me of them heading out. He asked if I wanted to go but I'm not in the mood to leave so I decided to stay. I continue to clean as a way to clear my mind, everything happening with fans and my depression has easily clouded my brain. cleaning has always been somewhat a release for me.

2 hours later, the boys still aren't back and I've finished cleaning. I'm now sitting on the couch staring out the window, watching and becoming jealous of how freely birds can just come and go. It is undoubtedly beautiful outside, the weather is just perfect.

the ringing of the doorbell startles me from my thoughts. I stare at the door for a second not expecting anyone over, but they ring the doorbell again. slowly getting up, I walk to the door making sure to have my phone just in case.

I look through the window by the door and see a girl who looks about 16 years old, maybe even 17.

unlocking the door, I pull it open.

"Hello?" I ask confused.

"Who are you?" the girl holds a grimace on her face.

"Maeve, I could ask you the same thing?" my hand is tight on the doorknob, knuckles white.

"well then "Maeve", where's Noah and why are you here?"

the fucking attitude.

"Excuse me?" slightly shocked at this girls attitude.

"are you dumb or something?" she rolls her eyes, the speaks slowly, "where. is. Noah?"

before I can reply she continues.

"obviously you must some dumb bitch who broke in. what is wrong with you fan girls, you need to leave before Noah finds you here, I am his soulmate after all." she pops her gum and stands with a smirk and her arms crossed.

completely baffled by this little girl, my hands unknowingly start to shake due to my anxiety.

"you need to leave. right now!" I try and close the door but she catches it with her foot.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Huh? You're a fucking nobody, that's who! So move out of my fucking way you dumb bitch!"

she fights to push the door open, but for the first time in forever, I'm stronger than someone.

"Listen here you little bitch, you wanna start fucking name calling, I'll start too. Now if you don't fucking leave this property, I will call the cops and they will arrest your ass for trying to break into someone's house. This little obsession you have with Noah is disgusting, do fucking better. Now I swear to god, if you don't fucking leave in the next 10 seconds your ass will be on the fucking lawn face down waiting for the police to arrive."

I finally get the door shut and manage to lock it. my back is pressed against it as she screams and bangs on the door for a few more seconds before finally walking away. it's not that I'm scared of a little girl, it's that I'm scared of bad altercations. the tears I didn't know were falling from my eyes suddenly blurred my vision as I slid down the door.

my shaky hands hold my phone as I try and search for Noah's contact. once found, I pull the phone to my ear and wait for him to pick up.

"hey baby." his voice immediately starts to calm me down a little.

"c-can you c-c-come ho-home please!" I try to stop the tears.

"what's wrong? what happened?" Immediate panic fills his voice and I hear him telling Jolly to "come on" and some ruffling.

"I-I can't b-brea-the." I hiccup halfway through. I'm having an anxiety attack.

"baby, you need to breathe. okay? can you do that for me? I'm almost home. breathe with me, okay?"

I don't say anything else, just follow his instructions on breathing. soon I'm able to move over, so when they get here, I don't get hit with the door.

"you're doing good baby, so good! just keep doing that okay? we are only a minute away."

I wipe the fallen tears from my face, and not a minute later, the call ends and keys jingle in the door.

"Maeve?" Noah says walking in. he must've heard my sniffle as he looks behind the open door and sees me. Jolly follows after and the door is once again closed and locked. Noah eyes are full of concern.

"baby what happened?" Noah sits on the floor and pulls me in his arms. Jolly heads to the kitchen and comes back with a water bottle, he opens it and then hands it to Noah.

"drink this." my shaky hands take the cold plastic bottle and brings it to my lips, only taking small sips before I decide I'm able to speak again.

Jolly sits with us, a kind smile on his face but concern swimming in his eyes.

my voice is quite but they still hear it. "someone showed up, thinking she was lost I opened the door to offer help but she had other plans and me answering the door was not part of it. as soon as I spoke she started degrading me and was so hellbent on seeing you, claiming she was your soulmate and even tried to get into the house. she kept calling me a dumb bitch and clearly didn't like when I told her to leave or I'd call the cops as she was screaming and hitting the door."

I feel Noah inhale and I know he's trying to not show his anger. I looked at Jolly's face and see him clenching his jaw but he hides it with a smile in my direction.

"I'm so glad you're okay, I'm so so sorry that happened baby." he kissed my forehead. I didn't have any words left, I just sighed.

"Here, let's go upstairs and you can lay down, how does that sound?" Noah offers. I just nod.

he carry's me up the stairs and puts me in bed, he sits on the side of the bed just stroking my head gently until I fall asleep. I feel him kiss my head before I'm fully out.

——

3rd person

Noah makes his way down the stairs, filled with a rage he has never felt before. he finds Jolly on the couch, who is staring at the wall with his leg bouncing. Sitting next to him, Noah puts his head in his hands.

"this is getting out of fucking hand." jolly's the first to speak.

Noah then abruptly gets up and starts pacing in front of jolly.

"this is way more than "out of hand"! they came to our fucking home where my girlfriend was left alone! god knows what could've happened! they have crossed the line!"

Jolly nods in understanding at what his best friend said, "what do we do? god knows they've probably leaked the fucking address by now. Just come sit down before you burn a hole in the ground with your pacing."

Noah listens and sits back down. "all we really can do is put out a statement addressing what happened and that It should never happen again. she was here alone, man. who knows what could've actually happened if it was someone else or even more than just one person. that's what scares me."

"I know bud, I know. We just need to do all we can do, being angry isn't going to get us anywhere for long. come on."

they both head to the studio, the door open so they can hear if anything goes on and start thinking of way to address what just happened.

Noah sends a text to the group chat with the boys explaining what just happened and not to mention it to Maeve until she was ready to talk about it.

soon they have all they want to say figured out and it's posted on everyone's stories to reach as many as possible.