three words

[<3]

quarantine has been extended, we are now a month in. I'm currently sitting on the couch watching supernatural when Noah walks by with a mic and starts messing with things to make sounds.

I raise an eyebrow at him and he just cheekily smiles at me and goes back to whatever he's doing. I pause the show.

"whatcha doin?"

"a challenge."

"hmm, what kind of challenge?"

"making a beat with random objects." he's messing with a pillow.

"ah gotcha."

I watch as he sets up the camera in different spots, helping him if needed.

"Mike! get down here." Noah yells up the stairs.

mike stomps down the stairs and ended up knocking the wall decor off the wall, we all laugh. he records some other things before heading to the studio to set it all up. I head back to the couch and turn on supernatural, cuddling into a blanket.

jolly soon joins me on the couch and we sit in silence watching the show.

"dude, this pandemic is killing me!" jolly groans in his Swedish accent.

"I know, I always get the urge to drive somewhere and stay in my car but I know i shouldn't. I just need to get out of the house. it's going to drive me insane." I say rubbing my eyes.

"I miss take out." jolly says cause a slight laugh to leave my lips.

everywhere is closed at this point, no grocery stores, no gas stations, really only the ER was open but only excepting covid-19 patients and rarely others who are in dire need. It's already April and things are still closed.

"hopefully soon you can get your takeout." I pay his shoulder jokingly. about a minute later jolly shoots up and disappears, then not even 20 seconds later he comes back with an uno box.

"we are going to play uno!" jolly says pausing the show, giving me absolutely no say. I laugh at this and turn my body towards him.

"evie that's not fair!" he jokingly whines as I make him pull 4 cards. obviously I was winning. I shrug my shoulders and stifle a laugh, as I place down a skip card and then my 2nd to last card being a red 4.

"Uno."

he lets out a big groan, "you suck!"

he places down a green 4, which then I have to pick another card, luckily it was a color card.

he goes again and places down a green 9, I then place my color card.

"hmm, imma go with red." I say, "oh and uno."

I offer a cheeky smile to which he grimaced at me. I laugh at how competitive he is in a game of uno. he placed down a red card and then I place down my last one.

"I win." I say simply.

"You're a cheater!" he says.

"how am I a cheater? how would I cheat if I can't see your cards you doof." I laugh.

"I want a rematch! this time don't cheat evie!"

I laugh again and let him deal the cards once more. once again I win.

"evie I told you to not cheat!" he exclaims.

I laugh, "jolly, bud.. I think you just suck at uno."

he dramatically gasps and throws his hand over his heart. I joking roll my eyes at his antics, but I guess he wasn't finished being dramatic.

"Noah can you believe her!? she just said I suck at uno when she's been cheating the entire time!"

I didn't notice Noah walk into the room until jolly spoke to him. Noah laughs and shakes his head.

"I didn't cheat, you just suck at uno jolly!"

"Oh really? then Noah you come play and I'll prove that I don't suck and that evie was cheating!"

Noah laughs even more before walking over to us and sits behind me. he wraps his arms around me as he plays the round with Jolly, this game was close but jolly once again loses. I laugh when jolly claims I helped Noah cheat.

"I didn't even speak to him jolly, how could I help him cheat or me even cheat for that matter?" I laugh.

"jolly, you just suck bud. hell I suck at uno and i still managed to beat you." Noah laughs.

"this is unfair, you both are cheaters." he exclaims. both Noah and I just laugh and smile at his dramatic antics.

——

"they all love you, you know" Noah says while we are laying in bed, my head rests on his chest and one of his hands plays with my hair.

it brings a smile to my face, "I love them too, they are all like brothers I never had. I've really only had 3 friends my entire life, it's so refreshing to try something new and hang out with others. Jolly especially, he might as well be my brother as he already acts like it."

he chuckles, "I'm just happy everyone gets along great, I don't know what i would do if y'all didn't. hell, when we were talking about going on lockdown, they were the ones who suggested you staying here. they were excited to hang out with someone new and get to know you, it truly made me happy that the people I call my friends wanted to know who my soulmate was and become friends. they really do love you."

"it makes me happy to hear that. honestly I was a bit scared at first, obviously you can't make everyone like you, but these guys mean so much to you. I was scared because what if they didn't like me? there would have to be a reason and obviously you would value their opinions, you'd maybe even rethink the whole thing. they've been with you for I don't know how long and I've only been in your life for a little over a month." I say messing with his hoodie string.

"how could someone not like you? for the short time that I've known you, you are genuinely one of the kindest people I know. you're always putting someone before yourself, constantly checking in on your friends, hell you literally forced us to let you cook for us most nights because according to you "it's the least you could do" for us letting you stay and you fought us off with a plastic spatula, might I say. you didn't need to do anything to pay us back, we are more than happy to have you staying here. even Harper adores you, she rarely leaves your side. there isn't a bad thing about you Maeve, you are beautiful inside and out. the people who don't like you are fucking delusional and missing out on the incredible human being you are," he says as he lifts my head to face his and cups my cheeks. "and that exactly why I've already fallen for the person you are. you are so special Maeve, to all of them and especially me. thank god my friends have some common sense for seeing how genuine you really are. you've had my heart the second I saw you that night, I don't think I would've been able to let go even if my friends thought differently. them loving you makes me love you more Maeve. I love you, I really do."

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt his thumb wipe under my eye. I offer him a huge smile before pulling his face to mine and meet with a kiss.

"I love you too Noah," I say between a kiss. his lips turn to a smile. "it's early but spending every day and night with you has really made me realize how much you truly mean to me."

I kiss him again.

"I love you eve."

"I love you too Noah."