Reputation| l.h au|

By xxHemmoidkxx

In which a popular boy who cares too much about his reputation meets a girl who hates attention. More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
epilogue

fifteen

9.3K 300 30
By xxHemmoidkxx

Luke never left Rosa's mind anymore. The kiss they shared yesterday was something really weird. It felt right and they stood there and kissed for ten minutes or something. Rosa didn't even know why she let him kiss her. She was confused, but Rosa had been confused since she first talked to Luke.

When she came to school, all she wanted was to sleep. Rosa hadn't gotten too much sleep last night because Max was crying all night. Her head hurt too, just to make this day even worse.

When she came to her locker, she sighed in relief because Luke wasn't there. Chris and Ashton were standing there though, but she didn't mind them. As long as Luke stayed away from her, she was happy. 

Rosa was angry, no furious, at Luke. He was such a jerk all the time, but then kissed her just so she felt more confused about her feelings for Luke. Rosa knew she had some feelings for him, but she also knew that Luke only cared about himself and his reputation and she couldn't like a boy like that.

"Rosa! Hey!" Chris said, giving her a quick hug just like Ashton did. 

"Hi." she yawned, trying to get more awake, even though she knew it would be impossible. 

"Tired today?" Ashton teased. 

"Yeah!" she pouted as they made their way to English class. 

Chris was actually in all of Rosa's classes which was nice because she really wanted someone she could talk to that wasn't Luke because Luke was just a beautiful annoying person, but mostly annoying.

Ashton was in the English class too so they all sat down in the back and started talking. The teacher was apparently sick today so they had a substitute who was letting them do what they wanted.

When psychology class came, Rosa decided to sit in the back with Chris instead of in the middle with Luke. She didn't want to talk to Luke because he had made it pretty obvious that he just cared about himself. 

She thought that someone else would want to sit with Luke so when she sat down where Emilia often sat, she didn't feel bad because everyone knew Emilia had a crush on Luke, even Luke knew.

Luke came into the classroom before the teacher and Rosa noticed how tired he looked too. He wore sweatpants and a big, black hoodie. His hair was hidden under a beanie and he had big bags under his eyes. 

When he noticed that Rosa wasn't sitting where she usual sat, a big frown found its way onto his face too, making Rosa feel a bit bad even though she shouldn't.

Rosa noticed that Luke searched the whole room until his eyes landed on her. She felt something ticklish inside of her and saw that Luke sighed before he walked over to his usual place. Rosa also noticed that he would take up his phone every now and then just to sigh and lay the phone down again. Was he waiting for an important call?

The teacher was talking and talking and talking. Rosa couldn't even focus as her eyes still was on the boy with the crystal blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. She wanted to hit herself for not being able to stop staring at him, but she noticed that something had changed in him. He just looked sad and hurt and Rosa didn't like the sight of that.

After class, Chris took his hand on Rosa's shoulder. 

"Are you alright Rosa? You seemed a bit distracted in class." he said, a worried look on his face. 

Rosa looked over at Luke who was still sitting on his chair even though the class was done and he was usually the first one out. His eyes locked with her's for a split second before he stared down at the floor. 

"Rosa?" Chris asked again and waved in front of her face. 

"Oh, yeah. I'm alright. Let's go get some lunch." she smiled and walked out of the classroom, feeling mean for just leaving when it was obviously something wrong with Luke.

Luke wasn't at his usual table in lunch either. He didn't sit with his friends and Rosa knew something was really wrong. She couldn't just sit here and ignore him when he was hurting inside. 

She knew that he probably didn't deserve it after everything he had done to her, but Rosa wasn't a bad person and she hated when people felt down. 

"Rosa? Seriously, you're zoning out again." Ashton frowned, he too noticed her zoning off.

"I'm so sorry you guys. I'm just really tired." Rosa mumbled, making them nod.

"I just have to go to the toilet. I'll be back in a second." she said, standing up, getting confused looks from Chris and Ashton again. 

"You sure you're alright?" Chris asked, grabbing her wrist. 

Rosa faked a smile. 

"Absolutely.".

It was hard to find Luke in this big school. For all Rosa knew he could be in a classroom making out with Britney, all though she kind of knew he wasn't.

She went to every hallway and he was nowhere to be seen so she walked into the library where three others were sitting, but none of them were Luke. Rosa sighed, almost feeling like giving up, but just thinking how hurt and tired he looked made her move faster.

Rosa walked out of the school building and just started walking into the forest that was close to the school. It took her five minutes until she saw someone sitting in the middle of the forest, hugging his knees while his head was hidden in his hands. Rosa knew exactly who it was and rushed over to him.

He didn't notice her until she sat down right beside him and hugged her knees too. Luke slowly turned his head and locked eyes with her. She noticed that they were redder and puffier than usual. Some tears were streaming down his face, but he quickly wiped them away even though it was for no help because even more tears ran down his face.

"Luke?" she asked him. 

He didn't answer her, he just sat there and stared at her. Suddenly he exhaled a shaky breath. 

"What's wrong?" she asked. 

"Nothing, nothing's wrong." Luke mumbled, hiding his face. 

He was embarrassed for crying, even though Rosa didn't think he had to feel embarrassed by that. 

"Hey, don't hide." Rosa begged, hesitantly putting her hands over his and pulling them away from his face. 

He had a frown on his face.

"Why did you switch places with Emilia?" he sobbed, using his shirtsleeve to wipe under his eyes again. 

"I was mad at you." she answered him. He frowned even more. 

"I'm sorry." he whispered. 

Rosa sighed, noticing she still held onto Luke's hand, but she couldn't just let him go now.

"I'm still mad at you, but I don't like you being hurt." she explained. 

"I probably deserve that." Luke said.

"No." Rosa whispered, squeezing his hand. 

Luke looked down at their hands and slowly intertwined them together.

Rosa felt the butterflies in her stomach go wild by just holding hands with him and couldn't help but smile a weak smile. 

"I'm sorry for being a jerk. I just.. I don't want to lose you in my life too." he mumbled. 

Rosa widened her eyes a bit, shocked by what he told her. She wasn't sure what to say, so she decided to ask what she had wondered all day.

"Why are you sad, Luke?".

Luke chuckled lowly, allthough it wasn't a happy chuckle. 

"I'm always sad." he shrugged. 

Rosa frowned, not liking how he was acting now. 

Rosa knew he had some problems at home, that was obvious since he didn't want to go home. 

"But why?" she asked. 

"It's just too much at home. I can't.. I can't deal with it, I am so tired." Luke sobbed again. 

Rosa didn't understand what he talked about, but felt bad for him. 

"What can't you deal with?" she asked, trying to understand. 

"My mum.. S-she's in hospital now. She was picked up last night and I wasn't there, but I just can't anymore Rosa. I'm so tired." he mumbled.

Rosa didn't want to push him to talk more, but was pretty shocked when Luke wrapped his arms around her and leaned his head on her shoulder. Rosa let him though, because she knew how it felt having no one there for them when they were sad and Rosa didn't want that for Luke. 

"Do you want to talk more about this?" Rosa asked, trying not to push him. 

Luke looked up at Rosa, his eyes even redder than before, if that was even possible. 

"N-no. I don't want to think about it. I just.. I want t-to get out of her." Luke mumbled against her shoulder, his lips tickling her shoulder. 

"Now?" Rosa asked, not sure how to feel about Luke ditching school. 

"Please Rosa, I can't be here right now. Please take me somewhere else." he begged, squeezing her hand. 

Rosa furrowed her eyebrows, not sure if she wanted to skip school.

But Luke looked so vulnerable and hurt and she didn't want him to be sad so after some minutes of him looking at her with pleading eyes she couldn't do anything else but agree with him. This would be the first time Rosa would ditch school, but she wanted to stay with Luke. She couldn't leave him like this.

That's how the two of them ended up in a small diner, Luke still not being his happy self, but Rosa didn't mind because she noticed that his eyes had softened and he could actually smile a bit more. They were eating ice creams and the two of them started telling each other about the little things, like their favorite color or favorite food. They even talked about music and animals and Rosa enjoyed herself. She knew she was supposed to be angry at Luke for being an ass yesterday, but she couldn't anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 2.7K 47
Imagines and Preferences featuring the 5 Seconds of Summer boys Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Calum Hood. Requests Are Now Close...
790K 7.5K 107
book 2 of the 5sos preferences
109K 8K 39
the one where a boy pretends to be a girl to trick the dickhead of the school.