Serendipity | Gye Seon Woo

By lostbeanchild

Serendipity | When someone's born, there is a red thread that is tied to them, an invisible red thread that c... More

CAST
Act 1
01. Police Station
02. Clubbing
03. Gye Seon Woo?
04. Meat Party
05. Strange
07. Complicated
08. Mission Impossible
09. Partners
10. Triple Date
Act 2
11. Nightmare
12. Betrayed
13. Worst Date
14. Answers
15. Crying
16. Confession
Act 3
17. School Trip
18. Separation
19. Drunk
20. The Morning After
21. Red string
22. Awkward
23. Memories pt 1: Blind Date
24. Memories pt 2: Gumiho?
25. Memories pt 3: Tortured
26. Memories pt 4: Heartbroken
Act 4
27. Hospital
28. Situationship
29. Officially Dating
30. Finally A Human
31. Rumor
32. You Like Do Jae Jin?
33. The Truth Is Out
34. A Life Reimagined

06. Lunch Date

475 26 1
By lostbeanchild

The class was finally over and I currently was walking out of the classroom with Lee Dam. As we were walking, Soo Kyung lifted her leg up and placed it on the wall, so that she can get our attention.

"Dam, Mi Young, you're both done with class, right? Since we're all free, why don't we go eat?" She asks us.

"Go." Both Lee Dam and I say. Just as we were about to leave, Seon Woo suddenly appeared behind us.

"Sunbaenim, hello," Soo Kyung says.

"Hello." Lee Dam says softly while I just rolled my eyes and ignore him.

"Hey, Mi Young's friends don't you need to go?" Seon Woo says. This caused the three of us to look at each other awkwardly.

"Do we need to go?" Soo Kyung asks while Seon Woo nodded. "Okay. Bye. But it really seems you're interested in Mi Young, not me." Lee Dam then drags Soo Kyung away from us which caused me to stare at them in disbelief as they are literally just leaving me here with him. Lee Dam gave me an apologetic look before walking away with Soo Kyung.

"I should go too," I told him.

"Eat lunch with me today." He tells me.

"Erm..why should I?" I ask him.

"I think that we should get to know each other." He says.

"Oh umm...sorry but I'm not free today," I told him and I walked away.

"I'll treat you." He says which made me stop in my tracks and turn back to him.

"Really!" I asked him excitedly and he nodded.

Seon Woo and I walked into a nice restaurant. To be honest, as long as he pays for the meal, I'm as happy as I can be.

"Have you decided what to order?" Seon Woo asks me.

"Hmm...I'll have the carbonara," I tell him.

"Two carbonaras, please." He tells the waitress before we hand the menu to them.

"Thank you Sunbaenim for treating me to lunch today," I told him.

"No problem," He says as we both flip our cups up. "I wanted to eat with you anyways." He says.

"What? With me?" I asked him as he nodded. Both of us reached the jug of water and when I realized that our hands were about to touch, I quickly brought my hand back to myself. This caused us to be awkward with each other again." He kinda looks pissed that I'm avoiding him. I'll just keep my hands to myself." I thought to myself.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"But she's like that with everyone. Mi Young keeps her distance from guys like Dam. It's like the both of them build a huge wall around each other." Moo Guen tells Seon Woo.

"When Jang Tae-jin asked the both of them out, they turned it down right away." Dae Hun says.

"It was hilarious." Moo Guen laughs.

"Are you seriously comparing me to Tae-jin?" Seon Woo says a bit pissed off.

"Okay, it's true that you're way more handsome. But you both have shitty personalities." Moo Guen says.

"Mi Young is different than Lee Dam. You see, Dam cares more about a guy's character than his outer appearance. But, for Mi Young, it's hard to say. People say that she might have had a horrible breakup when she was in high school, so that's why she isn't interested in dating people." Dae Hun explains.

"That's right." Moo Guen says.

"You may be the great Gye Seon Woo, but I'm pretty sure both Lee Dam and Mi Young are going to reject you no matter what." Dae Hun tells him while Seon Wo just scoffs. "What's with that face? You seem confident. How about a bet? But I get to choose who you should prey on."

"That's a good idea." Moo Guen says. "How does 100,000 won sound? Deal?" He then leans forward.

"Deal." Seon Woo says. "Now, who's it going to be."

"Hmm...Lee Dam seems too easy for you, how about Mi Young." Dae Hun says with a smirk.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

Step 1:

Mi Young is walking up the stairs when Seon Woo suddenly gave her a can of coffee, "Drink this." He says before walking away. Mi Young was speechless but shrugged it off and headed back to class.

Step 2:

Mi Young was in class with Lee Dam and was flipping through her textbook when Seon Woo suddenly sat beside her. "This seat is empty, right?" He asks her as he sat down beside her and she quickly moved closer to Lee Dam. "Can I share your book?"

"Sure." Mi Young says before sliding the book to him while maintaining a distance between the both of them while Lee Dam just stared in confusion.

Step 3:

Mi Young is studying in the library when she received a text message from him.

13:30 | Playboy:

We're gathering at the back gate. Want to come with me?

"Gosh, why does he keep doing this?" I whispered.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"Why do you think? I'm just frustrated with you wasting your time." Hye Sun says to Woo Yeo on the phone as she flips through a magazine. "You're soon going to turn 1,000 years old. What if you're really...Just swallow your pride and ask her out.

"I did." Woo Yeo says.

"Yes, sure you did." Hye Sun says. "What? You did? Really? Wait let me add Mi Young to the call." Hye Sun says.

"Don't" Woo Yeo says but it was already too late.

"Hello," I say.

"Did you know Woo Yeo ask Lee Dam out!" Hye Sun asks.

"He did? Wow, I did not expect that from him. So what did she say?" I asked him.

"She said no." He says.

"Because you're a gumiho?" Hye Sun asks.

"Because I'm not her type." He says.

"Hahaha, wow. I guess gumiho is no longer very seductive." Hye Sun says.

"I can't believe you got rejected. I mean, I know Lee Dam very well, but I thought your looks can at least make her fall in love with you. That's sad." I tell Woo Yeo. "Anyway, we're sorry. You got humiliated because you took our advice."

"I didn't take your advice. I didn't even plan on asking her but she seemed so calm, so it slipped out." Woo Yeo says as he tries to explain himself.

"Right. You shouldn't get clingy over someone so nonchalant. Let's find another way. I don't think going out with her is going to make her happy. Oh right. Humans love gifts. Buy her tons of things that she likes. You can buy her clothes. Or if she likes jewelry, you can buy her diamonds, gold, sapphires, Jinju, or pearls." Hye Sun says.

"Hye Sun, this stuff won't make her that happy," I tell them. "Woo Yeo, just treat her to food, she loves fried chicken the most. Oh, I gotta go. Bye." I hung up the call and put my books into my locker. When I had closed my locker, Seon Woo appeared out of nowhere. I gasps in shock as I didn't expect him to be here.

"Do you ever text back?" He asked a bit pissed off.

"What?" I say.

"I asked you to go to the back gate with me." He says.

"Oh, I didn't see your message, I was at the library," I tell him.

"Okay, fine. Then let's go to the movies this weekend," he says.

"Huh, but why do you want to..." I say.

"As I said, I want to get to know you." He says not giving up.

"Oh, erm...I don't feel like watching a movie." I lied to him.

"Then, just text me where you want to go, just reply to me back." He says before leaving.

"Mi Young. What are you doing." Soo Kyung shouted as she walks towards me.

"Darn, it," I whispered to myself.

A/N: Woahhh happy valentines dayyy!!!! Gosh I really hate being single. Not me regretting about my life decisions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 199 15
고백하고 싶어 기다렸다고........ (I've been waiting to confess) The dearest sister of the royal family, Princess Raon. . . . . She is kind, sweet, understandin...
15.3K 419 14
..a simple love story "it all started with a date, in spring..." • Jo Yeong x Myeong Seung Ah • « FANFICTION/ROMANCE » highest rank: #2 in thekingete...
45.5K 1.2K 20
n. the tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it-whether through envy or pity or simple foreig...
13.2K 438 20
"I can provide you with some help, but it'll cost you." He said out of the blue. I looked up at him, confused. "Help? What do you mean?" He smirked. ...