my step-brother's best friend...

By hugsfromziam

Young Liam Payne was left as an orphan at a young age and was forced into an orphanage, little did he know wa... More

My Step-Brother's Best Friend (a Ziam boyxboy Fan Fiction)
Chapter One
Memory One
Chapter Two
Memory Two
Chapter Three
Memory Three
Chapter Four
Memory Four
Chapter Five
Memory Five + Chapter Six
Memory Six + Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Memory Seven
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Memory Eight
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Memory Nine
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Memory Ten
Memory Eleven + Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

37.6K 1K 333
By hugsfromziam

Chapter Seventeen

Niall’s POV - PAST

I was lying on the couch wearing my Nike shorts and no t-shirt, but instead covering my bare torso and my legs with a soft, brown blanket. I was watching a soccer match when I got a phone call from a restricted phone number. I hesitantly picked up the phone hoping it wasn’t a prank call from silly teenage girls because I wasn’t in the mood for that now.

I sighed heavily after I answered so whoever was calling new they were annoying me, “Hello?”

“Niall, hey,” The other line said.

“And this is…?” I asked sitting up tensed because I didn’t recognize the voice in the other line.

“Have I really been gone in Bradford for that long, it was only three years, mate,”

“Zayn! What’s up, why are you calling in star six seven?” I asked letting my hearing be deafen so I could pay closer attention to the game.

“Pay attention to me, I have a problem,” Zayn said.

“What’s up?” I said not really paying attention.

“Are you watching a soccer match? Whose playing?”

“Ireland versus your kind, we’re going to beat your ass just so know,” I said, a smirk forming in my face.

“You wish, anyways, mute the TV for a second, please, for me,” Zayn begged, “Besides, I’m at a payphone, that’s why it’s a restricted numbers,”

“Why are you at a payphone? Why can’t you use Harry’s phone?” I asked focused on the game not muting the TV.

“That’s the problem and mute your damn TV Niall, I can hear the narrators in the background,” Zayn groaned, I knew he was rolling his eyes annoyed.

“Fine,” I grumbled and clicked the ‘mute’ button on the control, “Make this quick, go on,”

“I need a house to stay at,” Zayn said bluntly.

“Well, that was unexpected… What happened between you and Harry, did you guys get in an argument?” I asked.

“Worse,” Zayn replied.

“What happened?” I asked and went from my sitting stance to a lying down position.

“Well,” Zayn sighed and went on, “Harry found out Liam and I were dating and well, he kicked me out and wants me to take an airplane back to Bradford, but that won’t happen,”

“Because you have to be mister hopeless romantic and get your boy back,” I finished his sentence in an annoying, high pitched teenage girl voice.

Zayn stayed quiet for a while, “Pretty much… I mean, you should’ve seen the heartbreaking look in Liam’s face. We didn’t even say bye to each other, I can’t just leave like that… That… That wouldn’t be right… It wouldn’t be fair to him… He deserves so much better… Harry has a point you know? Liam doesn’t deserve me… He deserves some one way better… I’m… Me. Zayn Malik. The man whore, ‘that already slept with everyone here and everyone in Bradford.’ I mean, Liam’s look was just so sad… He just waved at me weakly and shiny, transparent tears were slipping from his eyes and it made my heart feel so… so… hurt…”

“Wait, hold the hell up, who said that?” I asked my fists clenching and unclenching.

“What? That I’m a man whore that sleep with all of England?” Zayn asked weakly.

“Y-Yeah,” I said sadly, Zayn didn’t deserve to hear such harsh words.

“The asshole that told Harry,” Zayn responded blankly.

“Well, what’s your plan?” I asked.

“If I could sleep at your house for a couple of days and make it seem like I did move to Bradford and you can go along with it, yes, no, maybe, not really, probably, please?” Zayn said with a little kid voice.

I sighed, “Of course, you’re invited here,”

Zayn squealed like a little girl, “Yes! Thanks Niall!”

I heard a knock in the door and there it was, Zayn with a tired face, but still maintaining a small smile in his lips. The taxi that had brought him here was driving away into the horizon and Zayn had his luggage in hand, but dropped it at the sight of me.

“Niall!” He came in for a hug and I accepted it without a second thought.

“Zayn, mate, come on in,” I pulled back and opened the door wide as a welcoming gesture.

Zayn dropped his bags next to the entrance and kicked off his shoes, “So, who won the game?”

“Ireland, suck ittttttt,” I smiled widely and chuckled.

Zayn smirked, “I would trust me,” Zayn winked at me.

I smirked and winked at him cheekily, “I’m flattered you would,”

“So, what are the sleeping arrangements?” Zayn asked.

“Depends how long you’re staying for because I was going to be a lovely friend and let you sleep in my bed, but if you think you’re gonna stay here for more than a week you can have the sofa,”

Zayn shook his head at me, “You’re evil,”

“Have the bed, I’ll sleep in the couch today,” I said.

Zayn shrugged, “You sure though?”

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Well, I’m going to bed, today was an awfully long day,” Zayn said while stretching to try and touch the roof.

“Night,” I said and laid in the sofa and let my thoughts consume me…

I felt bad for Zayn, Harry was a nice friend. Full of fun memories and jokes and laughs, but there was truly a fine line between fun Harry and asshole Harry. Fun Harry was the Harry we all thought we became friends with. The one that wouldsay random shit and say blunt jokes and just the one you can have a fun time with. Asshole Harry was the worst Harry. Asshole Harry is the one that bosses you around and tells you what to do.

But, I don’t think Zayn is friends with Asshole Harry. I think Zayn is friends with another side of Harry a side of Harry that he created. I thought it might be Jealous Harry because maybe Harry feels threatened by Zayn. That’s my theory, maybe he feels like Zayn’s shadow since they are pretty similar. Maybe Harry thinks Zayn has the entire spotlight and Harry doesn’t like that. They do have the same likings after all… That’s just my theory as to why Harry is such an ass to Zayn and not only Zayn, but Zayn’s and Liam’s relationship…

Niall’s POV – PRESENT

It had been over three weeks and a half since Zayn came to my house. We still had the same sleeping arrangements because I will not allow him to sleep in the sofa no matter what argument or protest or how many times he stomps his foot on the floor. This is because he just looks so weak, so heart broken and awful.

He had a mix of purple and red bags under his eyes, he looks pale and gaunt. He looks so haggard that it’s disturbing. No matter how many times I offer him food he rejects it and says he’ll cook some for himself later. But, I know that he can’t cook and I’ve also been observing him and he hasn’t been feeding himself. It’s not only disturbing, but his good looks have vanished. His hair has gotten thinner and his arms and legs look bony… He looks so… so haunting.

Sometimes when I walk to the bathroom at twelve in the morning I can hear slight sobs and whimpers coming from my room. It pains my heart and makes me feel helpless because no matter how many times I try to help Zayn… nothing helps.

For example, one day I had woken up from the sofa with thirst. I got up from the sofa and headed towards the kitchen blindly in the darkness and served myself some water from the tap. I drunk two full cups, the salt from the burgers from McDonald’s – that I tried to get Zayn to eat, but failed at – were making super thirsty. The chain reaction from drinking the two full cups came quickly and made me go to the bathroom.

But, on my way to the bathroom I stopped in my tracks as I heard a whimper and a faint voice coming from my room. I frowned and felt my heart beat faster, what’s going on? I clenched my jaw and swallowed. It was creepy hour aka four in the morning. Why would Zayn be awake at this time?

I took a deep breath and told my childish, ghost-scared-side of myself to grow up and act my age as I quietly opened the door. I observed Zayn’s features from the dim light from outside in the hallway. His eyes were closed, but his lips were slightly opened and a whimper and fading voices were coming from his lips.

“Don’t leave me, please, I know I left you… I had no control over that…” A minute passed probably someone responding in Zayn’s nightmare, “No… Baby… No, I know…. No, I didn’t leave you, that was Harry’s fault, I won’t leave you again.”

I put a hand over my mouth to keep from making any sounds. Zayn’s voice was so full of pain that you could almost feel it. Every faint noise coming from his lips resulted with goose bumps rising because of the pain in his voice. Every time my ears took in the sound waves of his pained voice it made a spark of hauntingness run down my spine…

Zayn twitched and yelled as if he was awake,“NO LIAM! DON’T LEAVEEE! NO!”

Zayn then jolted up in a half sitting stance, hands behind him placed on the mattress for support. His chest was rising and falling and he was catching his breath.

I quietly went to Zayn, “Zayn? You alright?”

Zayn observed his sorroundings and replied, “Y-Yeah… F-Fine…”

“What was it?” I asked cautiously.

“Nightmare…”

“Another one?” I asked.

“Yeah, they’ve been happening a lot. This one is a recurring one though, it’s so… scary,” Zayn said biting his lip.

“Is it about Liam?” I asked.

Zayn quietly nodded.

I sat in the side of the bed and offered him a smile and a hug, he accepted both and hugged me, sobbing quietly into my chest.

I had to put an end to his pain because it was causing me pain to see him like this.

The next morning I ordered Zayn to buy me groceries even if it meant shoving him out the door into the dry summer air. I dialed Liam’s number and kept mumbling ‘Answer, Liam, answer’ until he finally did.

“Hello?” A weak voice said.

“Liam, hey it’s Niall,” I said. I rarely called Liam. I mean we were more acquaintances than friends… But, more friends than strangers.

“Oh… Niall, hey, what’s up?” Liam responded slightly confused as to why I was calling him.

“How’s Zayn?” I asked him even though I knew the answer.

“I-I… I don’t know…” Liam said quietly.

“Well, I do,”

“Huh?”

“Where’s Zayn?” I asked Liam

“Bradford…” Liam said quieter.

“No, try again,” I said. I was enjoying this because I was going to make both of them so happy after all their pain.

“Niall, stop it, I don’t like this, do you think this is a fucking game?” Liam erupted on me, “My fucking lover. The only boy I ever loved so fucking much left me, and you’re here giggling like a fucking 12 year old thinking this is a fucking game. Now, why did you call me and what do you want?”

Seems like someone has been going through a lot of pain as well, “I know where Zayn is and it’s not Bradford,”

The other line stayed quiet.

“Liam?” I made sure he was there.

“…C-Carry on…” He responded quieter than ever, “I-I’m listening…”

“Come to my house and I’ll tell you where he is,” I said and with that I hung up.

- - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: I don't know if any of you managed to catch that I deleted Chapter 17 the first time I put it up, but if you did, you're a ninja, so four for you Glen Coco you go Glen Coco. But, yeah I deleted it because I forgot to add something, so here's the something. Um, Um, I forgot what I said in the last chapter oh yeah. I painted my roommmm and it's chalkboard paint, but it's only one wall and the paint makes it able for you to write and erase on it with chalkboard and I can't wait to use it. Um um, I also put up the first chapter to my Narry fan fiction it's called "He's Just An Illusion" and it has to do with Harry having schizophrenia and having a hallucination and Niall is an illusion and the rest is a secretttttt. There's also a Zarry short story that's completed but it's not one of my best works, but you should check that out if you've got the time. :) Um um.... Yeah, I think that's it. I love you guys a shit load and I'll see you laterrrrrr alleeegaaaturrrrrrrrsss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 8.5K 21
Harry Styles gets kidnapped and taken to Louis Tomlinson, who loaned money to people who need it. Harry's stepfather borrowed money and refused to pa...
60.5K 1.6K 11
Liam gets a new step brother. Zayn, being the bad boy he is, makes a bad impression on Liam. Liam just wants to get to know his brother, not be scare...
21.5K 510 25
Jessica, a normal 19 year old teenager. Loving family and all. There's just one problem along the way of her life. She got kidnapped by Niall Horan...
234K 11.9K 27
Sometimes people are just drawn to each other, no matter who they are and how they know them. It's chemistry and sometimes it can end as an experimen...