๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ง๐—ง๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—›๐—”๐—ช๐—ž๐—ฆ || k...

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™๐™ช๐™จ๐™—๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™˜๐™๐™ž๐™ก๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ก๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™—๐™ค๐™ช... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 26

11.4K 638 104
By ASTRAGAZER-

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

While in the shower, you had a bit of an alone time to recollect your thoughts. It felt like a lot of things happened in a span of a few hours. You came out to get the twins' birthday cake and then came across those guys who had the audacity to ruin the cake. You don't want to think about that incident anymore because you don't want to ruin the remaining hours of the day.

Today's the twins' birthday, you reminded yourself. The day when you gave birth to them.

Even though you don't particularly remember it, you realized that it was this very day, for the past few years, when you'd feel like it was an important day. A year ago you would have brushed the odd feeling away. Why do you feel like it was a special day when it wasn't a national holiday, or anything in particular.

Now you know why you'd feel like this. Because it was a very significant day.

You found yourself putting your hands on the scar left on your stomach. The scar you remembered was from an operation. Yet that memory doesn't feel right anymore.

"This was the proof I gave birth to them," you said, closing your eyes before realizing that you must have been in the shower for a while now and decided to step outside the bathroom before Hawks came barging in.

You wore a dress, you don't often wear dresses but for this occasion you thought it would be better if you wore one.

"You're already done." Hawks walked inside the room and you averted your eyes to look at him from the vanity mirror.

He's wearing something formal as well which suits him as much as his casual choice of clothes suit him every day.

"Almost," you said. "Let me just dry my hair."

You took the hair dryer but you felt Hawks' hand on top of yours. "I'll do it."

You didn't argue as you just let go of the hair dryer and Hawks smiled. You watched him in the mirror and waited for him to start.

"Hey, are you sure you can do it?" you asked, your eyebrow raised in question.

"Of course," he said, but he's not looking at you but at the hair dryer as if he's figuring out how to even start the device.

"Have you never done it to yourself? Your hair's quite long."

"As you can see," Hawks said, looking back at you, a playful smirk on his lips. "I just fly around the yard to dry my hair with the natural breeze of air."

You took the hair dryer from his hand, not amused at his little joke.

"I'll do it myself. What about the twins?"

"They're still sleeping," Hawks answered, looking at how you turned the hair dryer on and used it, as though he's diligently taking notes and you shook your head.

"If they continue to sleep at this rate, they won't be able to go to bed early tonight."

"Is there a reason why they have to go to bed early tonight?" Hawks asked and you turned off the hair dryer to look at him in the mirror. He's still standing behind you, now with a mischievous smile dancing on his lips.

"Yes, there's a reason," you said. "They're kids. They need to go to bed early if they want to grow taller."

"I think they'd be fine," Hawks said, putting a hand on your shoulder while his other hand took the hair dryer. "They got my genes after all. They'd grow tall."

Hawks turned on the hair dryer and brushed your locks with his hand gently. His hand felt so light that your eyelids started to get heavy. But you shook your head and looked at him in the mirror. He looks so invested in drying your hair that you couldn't help but let out a chuckle, to which Hawks heard as he looked at you.

"But on second thought," he started. "I think you're right. They should go to bed early. I don't want them to keep mommy all to themselves tonight."

You thought you and Hawks had to wake the twins up for dinner. But just as the delivery guy left after dropping off the food, the twins were running down the stairs.

"Careful now," you reminded them as Hawks walked casually behind them.

"Mama!" Keita said, running towards you with his arms open wide while Keishi started to run up to you as well.

You almost lost your balance when they suddenly came throwing themselves on you, their little arms wrapped around your waist.

"It's Shi-chan and Ta-chan's birthday!" Keishi said as they looked up at you, still hugging you.

"But papa said we should thank mama," Keita said this time.

"Me?"

They took a step back and gestured for you to come closer so you bent down to get to their eye level and a second later they were kissing you on each side of your cheeks.

"Thank you, mama!" they both said in unison before they started running ahead and you straightened up.

"What was that about thanking me?" you asked Hawks who walked up to you. "Was it because I got them a birthday cake?"

"That's also included."

"And? What else do the twins have to thank me for?"

You didn't expect Hawks would actually pat your head. It surprised you for a moment that you weren't able to say anything. When you were about to say something however, you were cut off when you saw Hawks' smile with his eyes closed which resembled the twins' smile earlier.

"I'll tell you later."

Hawks walked ahead as you watched those vermillion wings folded on his back before you started to walk after him.

It was a simple dinner with all the twins' favorite dishes that you realized were also Hawks' favorite. When the twins saw the cake that you and Hawks redecorated, their eyes widened with excitement. You thought next year it would be nice if you could bake the cake yourself so you wouldn't have to go with all the trouble of picking it up at a pastry shop.

"So, who's ready for tomorrow's flying lesson?" Hawks asked while the twins were eating their slices of cake.

Keishi stopped for a second to swallow the cake before he lifted his arm.

"Me!" he said and Keita looked at him before lifting his hand as well.

"Me!" he said afterwards.

"Alright then. If Keishi and Keita are ready to take their first flying lesson tomorrow," Hawks started. "You two should sleep early tonight."

You shook your head while chuckling before taking a bite of the cake. At least the cake tastes good, which made you forget all the trouble you had when picking it up at the pastry shop.

After dinner, the twins played around with Hawks for a while until they started to get actually sleepy. Even though they just took a nap earlier. You thought it might have been the sweets that made them sleepy or because Hawks purposely tired them out with all the running around the living room. Watching them also made you a bit exhausted that you were ready to retire for the evening when Hawks called you to come with him.

You two headed to the balcony where there's a table with two glasses of wine.

"What's this about?" you asked, looking at Hawks who took the glasses of wine and handed one to you.

"You asked why the twins thanked you earlier," he started and you two walked to the table where you sat down, taking a sip of the velvety wine as Hawks walked behind you. "Today's their birthday, but the person who should be thanked for is the person who gave birth to them on this day, six years ago."

You felt the sincerity of his voice which made your heart do something odd. But you realized it wasn't that odd after all. Your heart skipped a beat, your face started to get warm. It wasn't from the liquor, but from seeing Hawks holding a box in front of you.

He placed it on the table in front of you and you opened the lid. What greeted you is a necklace, but it was just a simple necklace or an extravagant one. It was unique on its own that you couldn't take your eyes away from the glass pendant.

"Are those..." you muttered, looking closer at the circle glass.

"My feather," Hawks said, taking the glass pendant from the box. The feather was small, it perfectly fits inside the glass, it was modified from Hawks' feather so it would be smaller but still possesses the same ability as his other feathers.

Hawks walked behind you, you gathered your hair and held it up as he finished putting the necklace around your neck. You looked down and touched the glass pendant which held a piece of him.

"I want you to wear that wherever you go," he said. "So I know where you are, if you're in danger, so I can come to your side as fast as I can."

So you would carry a part of him anywhere.

"I would come to you, even when I'm in the middle of fighting a villain or saving the City from ruins."

"You're saying that," you started, standing up in front of him. "As if you're not a Pro Hero. You're a Pro Hero long before you met me. Long before you became a father."

Hawks took your hands and held them close to him as he took a step closer.

"There are a lot of Pro Heroes that people can rely on nowadays. Some are even stronger than me. But you," Hawks said, pulling you closer. "You only have one husband. Me."

You felt his arm around your waist, his other hand put your hands on his shoulders and you looked at him.

"Y/n, close your eyes."

You didn't ask him why, you just did. You closed your eyes and heard the sound of his vermilion wings spreading out and then he took a leap. He held you closer as you felt the wind around you. Hawks flew up and your eyes remained close until you heard his voice telling you that you can open your eyes now.

You didn't look around or below. Your eyes just focused on Hawks who looked at you.

"Thank you for giving birth to my children."

"Shouldn't you also be thanked for?" you said, putting your hand on his cheek. "You're their dad."

You leaned closer, until his lips were inches away from yours. And then Hawks closed the gap between you two.

The kiss was enough to make you forget that you are hundreds of feet from the ground. His soft lips that taste sweet mixed with the velvety taste of wine which made you kiss him even more. It was the most enticing kiss you had that you wanted it to last for a lifetime. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 2.4K 63
You hadn't had the best childhood, growing up with parents that weren't really around while they worked hard to try and provide and keep a roof over...
23.3K 1.4K 23
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค ๐Š๐๐Ž๐– ๐๐Ž ๐„๐•๐ˆ๐‹ โ”โ” โI have the power to control those I consider to be of lesser rank than myself; be thankful I don't feel like using it...
14.1K 319 39
(Completed) in this noncanon future, a large family full of doctors with soulmate quirks started sharing their power with the world. But (Y/n) doesn'...
77.2K 3.5K 61
๐๐€๐‘๐€๐๐˜๐Œ๐๐‡ แดบแดผแตแดบ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ขยท๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ | \ หˆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ-ษ™-หŒ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ(๐˜ฑ)๐˜ง , หˆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข-๐˜ณษ™- \ 1 : ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ going with a bridegroom to fetch hom...