𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘎𝘰𝘵...

By slvtforswift

In which Will Byers sacrifices himself and Mike Wheeler can't get over his death. {will byers x mike wheeler} More

FACECLAIMS
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017

009

138 4 26
By slvtforswift

"Used to steal your parents liquor and climb to the roof."

Mike rushed through the door and panted.

He had left his bike at the school and ran home. His brain was tired and his legs were weak by the time he made it home. Well, his brain has been tired for a while.

When he got to his house, he saw that his family was gone. He went down to the basement to see if his friends were still there and they were.

Max, Lucas, and Dustin were sitting on the couch while El was in the corner, crying, with her head on Robby's shoulder.

Mike scoffed and shook his head. Why did that piece of shit have to take El from him too?

"Why are you all still here?" Mike asked.

"We're here for you, Mike." Max replied as she stood up.

"Please," Mike rolled his eyes. "You don't even like me and to be honest, I don't like you either."

"Mike." Dustin whispered.

"Fuck you, Mike! I'm outta here!" Max exclaimed.

She pushed past Mike and stormed up the stairs, her footsteps loud and aggressive with each step she took.

"I'm gonna go make sure she's okay." Lucas muttered and followed Max upstairs.

"The rest of you need to follow them." Mike suggested.

Dustin looked at Robby and El, then went upstairs and followed Lucas and Max out of the house.

Mike turned up his nose at Robby "I have no idea why you want to stay."

"Because I care about Will and I know he cares about you and would want me here with you." Robby replied.

"Yeah? Well I fucking loathe you. Now get out of my house." Mike spat.

Robby sighed and hugged Eleven.

"You don't have to go, Rob." Eleven whispered in his ear.

"Yes. I do."

Robby pulled away and looked at Mike once
more before leaving.

"Mike—."

"You too."

"What?" El furrowed her eyebrows.

"Go, Eleven."

"But Mike..."

"I'm not gonna say it again. Go."

El shook her head. "No, Mike, I'm not leaving you!"

"Yes you are."

"No."

"Get out."

"No!"

"I said get the FUCK out!" Mike shrieked and pushed Eleven.

She fell to the floor and looked up at Mike with wide eyes. All he saw in them was shock and hurt and that's when he realized what he had done.

He put a shaky hand over his mouth and sank to the floor.

Tears started to slip out of Eleven's eyes as she stared at Mike in pure shock with her mouth hanging open.

Mike slowly removed his shaky hand from his mouth.

"El, I'm so sorry." Mike whispered.

He tried to grab her hands but she slid back until her back was against the couch. She was looking like Mike as if he was a monster.

"I'm so sorry."

Eleven slowly stood up and walked around Mike.

"Eleven."

She looked at her one last time before running up the basement stairs.

"Eleven!" Mike called.

But she was already gone.

"Oh no. What did I do? I'm a monster."

He stood up and ran his hands through his messy black hair that hasn't been brushed in a while.

He paced back and forth, his thoughts raving a million miles per hour.

He closed his eyes and let out a scream.

He ran upstairs and went to the liquor cabinet where he saw red wine, white wine, rum, and vodka.

He grabbed the vodka and ran to his bedroom and opened the window. He climbed up and pulled himself onto the roof.

He opened the vodka and downed it and when he was done, he looked out at the horizon.

"The pizza is on it's way and there's ice cream in the freezer. Holly should be in bed by eight, maybe eight thirty, but no later. We'll be back around ten thirty, eleven the latest." Karen explained.

Mike was babysitting Holly that night because Nancy was out and his parents were going out. Mike invited Will and they were going to babysit together.

It was about two weeks since Will and Robby were together meaning it was almost April.

Will and Mike were closer than they've ever been and they had always been close. They were together a lot more, they had new jokes, and they were a little touchier. Robby noticed and he didn't like it, but he didn't blame Will, he blamed Mike. He wanted to tell Eleven about his suspicions, but he didn't want to upset her, so he didn't. At least not yet.

"Honey, let's go!" Ted called.

Karen rolled her eyes.

"Okay, we'll see you boys tonight. Behave!"

"We will, Mrs. Wheeler." Will smiled.

Karen smiled back, then kissed her son on the head.

Mike cringed and pulled away.

"Okay, Mom."

"Bye, boys!"

They disappeared out of the door and Mike sighed.

"Where's Holly?" Will asked.

"Drawing in the living room and watching The Wizard of Oz." Mike answered.

Will gasped. "I love The Wizard of Oz!"

Mike smiled and shook his head. "Of course you do. I'm not surprised. It's cute that you like it."

Will giggled and blushed and looked down at his shoes.

Mike let out a giggle then a soft breath.

"Wanna go with her?" Mike asked.

"You want to hang out with Holly? I'm surprised." Will said with raised eyebrows.

"I'd rather hang out with Holly than with Nancy." Mike replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Come on, Nancy's not that bad." Will said.

Mike gave Will a disgusted look. "Trust me she is."

Will sighed. "Come on, let's go hang out with Holly."

Mike followed Will into the living room and they joined Holly.

When the pizza arrived, Mike retrieved it and paid the guy.

After eating pizza, they had Holly change and go to bed and by the time she went to sleep, it was eight forty-seven.

"What do you wanna do now?" Will asked.

"Have you ever been drunk?" Mike questioned with a cocked eyebrow.

"What?"

"Have you ever been drunk?" Mike repeated.

"Um, no..." Will trailed off and scratched the back of his neck.

"Do you want to tonight?" Mike asked.

Will's lips parted and be turned red. He did want to, but what if something bad happened.

"We don't have to if you don't want to, but we have vodka and Nancy stole some, so if my parents find out we can just say it was Nancy." Mike replied.

Will nodded. "Okay. I'm in."

Mike smiled. "Cool! I'll get the vodka. Should we drink in the basement?"

"No." Will shook his head. "Let's climb to the roof."

"The roof?" Mike exclaimed.

"The roof!" Will exclaimed.

"Wow, this isn't the Will I know and love." Mike replied with raised eyebrows.

Will turned red. Mike loved him.

Will shook himself out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, well I wanna try something different." Will answered.

"Cool. Let's go."

Mike and Will got the vodka then climbed through Mike's window to get to the roof.

They stood and each room and swig of vodka from the bottle.

Will started coughing and Mike laughed.

Will exhaled and smiled.

"Whoo!" Will screamed.

Mike looked over at him and was beaming, then turned back to the horizon.

"Whoohoo! Yeah!" Mike yelled.

They each took another swig of vodka and continued drinking into the night.

As the night went on, they boys sat down and talked about nothing and everything and the vodka bottle was almost empty.

"So basically, I lost my virginity to Robby." Will slurred.

That made Mike sick to his stomach. He felt like he wanted to throw up from both drinking too much and the information Will had just told him.

"Wh-what? Where?" Mike asked, his voice choppy and words coming out slowly.

"Like at the arcade a while ago. We were like playing dig dug and like we went into the bathroom and he just...he just took my virginity." Wills explained and took another swing of vodka.

Mike just sat there with his mouth hanging open. He was there that day. He was at the arcade the same day Will lost his virginity there.

"What was it like?" Mike asked.

"I don't know, it was weird. I like it, but I didn't like him. Like I don't know I wanted it to happen, but not with him."

"Oh."

Mike  just stared at Will.

"What? Will asked.

"Nothing. You're just so beautiful."

Will looked at him for a moment before grabbing his cheeks and kissing the boy.

Eleven pulled the bandana off of her face and started panting.

"What? What're they doing?" Robby asked.

Eleven slowly looked over at Robby. "Kissing."

Robby moved his head slightly and a serious, angry look overtook his face.

"Oh, they did, did they?" Robby raised his eyebrows.

El just stared at him.

"Don't worry, they'll get what's coming to them." Robby said in a low, cunning tone.

Will pulled away and they looked into each others eyes.

Then, Mike smashed his lips onto Will's and they immediately started making out.

Will slipped his tongue into Mike's mouth and Mike did the same. Mike climbed on top of Will and pinned his arms down.

Both boys have been wanted to do this for a very long time.

Mike trailed down to Will's jawline and neck. Will loved it, until he thought of Eleven, then Robby.

"Mike." Will whispered.

"Mm." He moaned.

"Mike!" Will exclaimed.

Mike pulled away and looked up at him.

"What?" 

"We have to stop. We can't."

"Why not?"

"Because of El and Robby. Now get off!" Will yelled.

Mike rolled off of him and Will stumbled back inside.

"Will, where are you going?" Mike asked, following him downstairs.

"I'm leaving." Will answered.

"Why? You've been wanting this for so long and so have I! Robby's right, I do like you. I have for so long, but I couldn't admit it to myself. No...I don't like you. I love you. I love you more than anything and I want to be with you. I don't want El. I want you. I love you."

Will shook his head. "It's too late."

"No, it's not! If you break up with Robby and I break up with Eleven, then we can be together!" Mike explained.

"Oh yeah? And where does that leave Robby and El huh? Oh, yeah. heartbroken. That would be selfish of us and I'm not selfish. I'm not hurting Robby just so I can get what I want." Will replied.

"So you do want this?" Mike asked, gaining a little bit of hope.

"I have to go." Will said.

"You can't bike home, you're drunk." Mike reminded.

"Goodbye, Mike."

Will disappeared out of the door and left Mike standing there alone with the bottle of vodka still in his hand.

Mike threw the bottle of vodka off of the roof and it shattered everywhere.

He was still staring at the horizon and screamed at the top of his lungs that people down the street could hear him

"Fuck you! Fuck you!" He yelled, but he was yelling to no one, or maybe he was yelling to everyone.

He panted and looked down to the ground.

He could jump. One jump and everything would be over.

Mike shuffled to the edge so his tows went over the edge of the roof.

"Don't do it."

Mike didn't need to look over to know it was Will.

"Why?"

"Because your story isn't over, Mike."

"Neither was yours."

"Clearly it was or I wouldn't have died."

Mike looked over at Will.

"Fuck you." Mike shook his head.

"You don't mean that."

"Just leave me alone." Mike said and sat down.

"If that's what you want."

Mike sighed. "No, it's not. Sit."

Will took a seat next to him.

"Our first kiss, huh?"

Mike didn't reply.

"I'm sorry I stopped us from getting together."

"Don't apologize. You were right. It was selfish to get together then. Waiting was right. But I paid the price for waiting too long. I should've asked you before you met Robby. I wanted to, but I was scared. I was scared of what people say and I was scared of myself. And I was scared that you would reject me. Not because I didn't think you liked boys because it was clear that you did, but I was scared of a rejection. I was scared that I wasn't good enough." Mike explained.

"Oh, but Mike you were always good enough. You were perfect. I agree that we should've had more time, but we didn't and that's the way it is. I'll always love you, though."

"God, Will, I'll always love you too. I wish I could've reminded you that before you died." Mike replied.

"Don't worry. I knew."

Mike half-smiled at Will and kissed his cheek.

He looked back out at the horizon again and then, Will was gone.

Notice how they only smile and laugh on the flashbacks. Also you're welcome for the byler content. This was 2154 words btw. My hands and arm hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 644 20
Mikes been pushing Will away, and Will can tell. Mike suddenly starts feeling weird about Will but he can't out his finger on why. Meanwhile, Will is...
14.2K 218 30
"This summer of romance is the best thing that has ever happened to me." In which Will Byers is deeply in love with Mike Wheeler but Mike has a girl...
1.6K 29 16
Will Byers is in love with Mike Wheeler and Mike is In love with Will but they've never told eachother. One night Will's friends crash into him and c...
57.6K 1.9K 21
~ completed ~ Will Byers is back and worse than ever. Discovering his sexuality and love, he struggles with hardships and feelings. Mike Wheeler is...