008

"I'm not longer your muse."

School. The four boys, Mike, Will, Lucas, and Dustin, always excelled in school. They were considered nerds, obviously.

But Mike was dreading going back to school. He didn't want to go back to school without Will. It wasn't the same.

"Mike." Eleven trekked into the basement.

El had been staying with Mike to help him and be there for him.

Mike looked over at her. He was lying across the couch.

"Everyone's here."

Mike looked over to see El in front of them, but Lucas was first, then Dustin, then Max, then Robby. They were in order of how he met them, except for El who had led them downstairs and Will who was gone.

"Hey, Mike." Dustin said.

"Hi." Mike whispered.

They came down the stairs and were all looking at Mike.

"Why are you guys all staring at me?" Mike asked.

"Because we're worried about you." Max answered.

"Yeah. Even me." Robby added.

Mike scoffed and turned the other way to face the couch pillows.

"Mike, I know you and Robby do not get along very well, but he does care about you." Eleven said.

Mike didn't reply.

"Mike, you don't stop living just because you lose someone. I have learned that the hard way." Eleven continued.

"We're all heartbroken over Will, you especially, but...you have to keep living. Will would want you to keep living." Dustin added.

Mike turned around to look at them. They were right. Will would want him to keep living instead of moping around. He sat up and when he did, he saw that El's hands were intertwined with Robby's.

Mike grumbled and got up from the couch. He walked over to the stairs and began walking up.

They all followed him over and looked up at him.

"Where are you going?" Lucas asked.

"For a bike ride." Mike grumbled.

He left the basement and stomped through the house and out the front door.

His bike was by the garage, so he hopped on it and started biking.

He was too much in his head that he didn't even realize that he had just his white socks on with checkered pajama pants and Will's sweater.

He started pedaling and pedaling and pedaling. He was pedaling so fast, he had no idea where he was going.

When he finally stopped pedaling, he found himself in front of Hawkins High School.

The winter was gone and Will and Robby were officially together.

It was now March and everyone was excited for the spring to finally arrive because that meant summer was around the corner.