012

"Singing the blues."

"Mike?"

Mike looked up to see Nancy standing there in the doorway in front of him.

He just looked at her.

She couldn't read his face. That was happening more often recently. She couldn't tell what her brother was feeling and when she could, it was anger.

"When did you get here?" She asked.

Mike looked beside him then back to Nancy.

"Um. You and Jonathan were sleeping." He answered.

"No, I asked when you got here."

"Oh."

Nancy walked over and sat down next to him.

"I had my first time with Will in here. My first time ever." Mike said.

Nancy raised her head. She didn't really want to hear about her brother's sexual adventures, but she knew he needed to talk, so she was gonna let him talk.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He was my boyfriend." Mike replied.

Nancy nodded. "I know he was."

"But now he's dead." Mike continued.

"Yeah..." Nancy trailed off.

Mike looked over at his sister.

"You know it's my fault, right?"

She looked at her brother with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

"Yeah. I killed Will." He nodded.

"No, Mike, you did not. The Mind Flayer—."

"No, Nancy. I made the Mind Flayer kill him." Mike shook his head.

"No you did not. He was the host again and he sacrificed himself for El. For his sister—."

"No, Nancy. He did it because of me. Because he knew I cared about Eleven. He knew she was my best friend. He did it for me, Nancy." Mike replied.

"Mike, Eleven was like Will's sister. He loved her. Maybe not as much as you did, but he still loved her. He was doing it because he loved Eleven and the only way to get rid of the Mind Flayer was to sacrifice himself. You need to stop blaming yourself."

"But if I had been with him sooner, then we would've had more time—."

"Mike. Enough. Stop it. This is not helping with your grief. Concocting theories will not help you move on or help anyone else." Nancy said.

"She's right, Mike."

Mike looked over to see Will and jumped up.

"Shut up, just shut up! Why would you do this to me? Why are you making me do this? If you would've never—if...I should've never fallen in love with you because look what happens when you fall in love! I'm never falling in love with anyone ever again! Fuck you, Will! Fuck you."

Will nodded. "I know. Let it out, love. Let it all out."

"Mike, what is going on?" Nancy questioned as she got up from Will's bed.

Mike pointed. "Will!"

Nancy furrowed her eyebrows. "I think I should call Mom."

Mike looked to Will then back to Nancy and remembered she couldn't see him.

"Shit. No. No Nancy, don't call Mom. Please don't call Mom."

Nancy took another look at him before leaving the room.