014

The party, plus Robby, arrived at the movie theatre about a half hour after they left the Wheeler residence.

"What movie are we seeing?" Mike asked as they were waiting in line to buy the tickets.

"I thought we told you." Max said. "We're seeing Grease."

Grease?

Grease?

"Why are we seeing Grease? It came out seven years ago. Plus, we could've watched it at my house. I literally have it on VHS." Mike replied.

"Yeah, we know, but we figured it'd be good to get you out somewhere so you're not just cooped up in your basement overthinking." Dustin replied.

"But you guys would be with me, so I'd still be distracted." Mike retorted. "Come on, let's just go back to my house and watch something there."

"Mike, come on, we're already here. You're gonna be okay. We have all of your favorite snacks too." Max said.

"Guys, really, it's fine. Why pay when we can just watch something at my house. Seriously."

"Mike--."

"No! Stop saying my name! This is where Will and I saw Grease together for the first time and I can't do it again!" Mike exclaimed, then took a breath.

People turned and stared at them. Mike looked around in embarrassment, then ran out of the theatre.

Everyone watched him go. Except for Robby

He sighed and followed Mike outside.

He found the raven-haired boy sitting on a bench next to the bike rack with his head hung, his face resting in his hands.

"Mike."

Mike knew who it was.

He hated that voice.

That stupid, annoying voice.

"Ugh, not you." Mike groaned.

"Yeah, I don't really wanna be out here, but I'm here. So let me talk to you for a moment." Robby replied.

Mike picked his head up and looked at Robby with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why?" He questioned.

Robby went over and sat down. Mike scooted over slightly.

"I don't have a disease, you know." Robby said.

"Really? Who would've thought." Mike retorted.

"You're such an asshole." Robby shook his head.

"Says you." Mike muttered.

"Can we please just get along for five minutes so I can talk to you?" Robby raised his eyebrows.

"Sure." Mike sighed.

"Thanks."

"So start squawking." Mike nodded.

Robby gave Mike a look.

"Right. Sorry. Go ahead." Mike apologized.

Robby took a breath.

"It's hard. It's really hard. And I miss him too. I know you must miss him more than I do. I really, really liked him, but you loved him. And you still do. He's your soulmate. But, Mike, you can't stop living life just because he's gone. You can do things that you did with him, but do it different this time. Make new memories from those things. It's gonna be hard. Really hard. But your friends and family will be there for you. Will is still with you and...and I guess I'll be there for you too."

Mike swallowed and looked over at Robby before letting out a breath and wrapping him into a hug.

"Thank you, Robby."

"Of—Of course."

They pulled away and Robby nodded to him.

"I'll give you a few minutes."

"Thanks."

Robby then got up and went back inside.

"Wow. I'm really proud of you."

Mike looked beside him to see Will.

"For?" Mike raised his eyebrows.

"For making amends with Robby and listening to what he had to say. That must've took a lot out of you considering the history you two have had."

Mike shrugged. "I guess."

"I think you should get in there and watch Grease. It would mean a lot to me."

Mike sighed. "Okay. Okay, fine, I'll go watch Grease."

"Good."

Mike then stood up and walked over to the door. He turned back to get one more look at Will, but he was gone.

Mike then turned back and went inside of the theatre, getting ready to watch Grease with his friends.

AUTHORS NOTE
no flashbacks in this chapter but don't worry there will be next chapter!

i hope you guys liked the little mike and robby talk. i want them to make up a little bit.

muah,
lea <3