010

"It would be us against the world."

It's been about a week since Mike had been to the school and pushed El. He hasn't been back to the school to get his bike and he hasn't talked to El or the others in a week. Will hasn't payed him a visit either.

Mike sat in the basement sulking all day long, then slept on the basement couch at night.

He hasn't showered or eaten that entire week.

He was lying and staring up at the ceiling when someone came down the stairs.

Mike looked over to see Holly.

"Ew, it smells so bad down here." She cringed.

"Go away, Holly." Mike muttered.

"Ugh, is this about your little gay boyfriend again?" Holly rolled her eyes.

Mike grabbed a pillow and threw it at her.

"Hey! I didn't mean it in a bad way!" Holly exclaimed.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Holly." Mike growled.

"Mom! Mike threw something and swore at me!" Holly shouted and ran up the stairs.

Mike groaned. Now he was going to get in trouble.

"Michael! Come up here, please!" Karen called.

Mike buried his face in the couch cushions and groaned.

"Michael!" Karen called again.

Mike didn't move.

It was silent for a minute, then the door to the basement opened and footsteps were heard on the stairs.

"Michael."

Mike didn't move a muscle or make a noise.

Karen sighed and walked over to the couch.

"Michael, please sit up." Karen said.

Mike huffed and pushed himself up so that he was sitting upright.

Karen came over and sat next to him. When she sat, she cringed at the smell.

"Ahem. Mike. What's going on? Is this about Will?" Karen asked.

"Of course it's about Will, mom. I miss him. So much." Mike replied, his lip quivering.

"Oh, Mike."

Despite him smelling rancid, Karen took him into her arms and that's when the tears began to fall.

"I'm so sorry, Mike. You boys were so close. He was your best friend. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you." Karen said.

Mike started crying every harder. Will wasn't just his best friend, he was his boyfriend. His soulmate.

"How about you take a shower and change out of these clothes, then I can take you and Holly for some ice cream. How does that sound?" Karen suggested.