Pray For Me ➳ T'Challa Udaku

By w00dss

❝ ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ɢᴏɴ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍ... More

PART 1 SUMMARY
PROLOUGE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
PART 2
TRAILER
PART 2 SUMMARY
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
PART 3
SPECIAL INSIDE
NOT AN UPDATE
SPECIAL CLIPS #1
TRAILER 2
IT IS TIME
PART THREE SUMMARY
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
EPILOUGE 1
EPILOUGE 2
tragic news(r.i.p)
UPDATE
PART 3
"LONG LIVE THE KING"
THE CEREMONY
ONE YEAR LATER
SHE KNOWS
UNDER THE WORLD
"WELCOME" BACK
GET AWAY
SO FAR
SOS
VEGENENCE
ON MY LIFE
FINAL BREATH
CAN'T STOP ME
COMFORTING
BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE
TRUCE
END CREDIT SCENE
NOVA FURY: DEATH STAR TRAILER
NEW BOOK

GIVE ME STRENGTH

803 50 6
By w00dss

"Njari, stop!" Nailah scolded, swatting her hand. Njari sat down at the kitchen table, groaning in annoyance. No one could eat their breakfast in peace. Today they woke up in a bitter mood. While it was easy to dismantle them, today they were inseparable, struggling to find a common ground. Nova's patience was getting thin.

"I didn't do anything. All I did was move your drawing!"

Nailah scoffed, almost hitting her with the pencil. Nova placed Azuri in the booster seat. His tiny fists banged on the bowl of papaya in front of him. "I hate you" Nailah pouted her lips to cry. Njari stuck her tongue out, angering the child. "Pussy face"

"Hey, hey, that's enough! Don't make me come over there" Nova warned. Nailah jumped. She lowered her pencil, apologizing. Njari avoided her mothers eyes, taking a forkful of waffles in her mouth. Their banter became more consistent. Was this normal? Nova didn't recall fighting this much with Natasha or Clint.

The knock at the door startled Azuri. His bubble arms banged on the table again. Njari laughed at this. Nova playfully rolled her eyes. "Who is it?" Nailah was curious. They never really got visitors, Nova was strict about it. She didn't want their location to be compromised, but thanks to Nakia, Nova wasn't confident that it was some tourist at the door asking for directions.

"Stay here, I'll get it" Nova assured, heading to the door. The knife in her pocket was loose. She took a deep breath. Nova opened it wide ready for the an attack.

Queen Ramonda stood in a simple white gown, with a traditional tassel wrapped around her head to shield from the sun. Her nude painted lips curled into a gentle smile, embracing her with an overwhelming aura of happiness. However, the eyes could not conceal the agony tormenting her. Nova lowered her head in respect.

"Queen Ramonda, I wasn't expecting you. Please, come in."

T'Challa's mother walked in, taking off her shoes. She slipped into a pair of sandals Nova handed her. "What a lovely home you have here" Queen Ramonda stared at the family portraits.

"Nana!" Nailah gasped, dashing into the living room.

Queen Ramonda kneeled down with joy. "Oh, my sweet Nay. Look at how big you have gotten!" Nailah was lifted into her arms. Njari came into the room holding Azuri, curious to see what the commotion was about. Her shoulders eased once she realized who it was. Queen Ramonda was the only one who knew the truth about her kids. This was the only way Nova could guarantee the safety of her family.  The Queens promises granted her permission to step away from the crown. "Njari, my, my, you are growing beautiful by the day" Queen Ramonda gently caressed her curls before landing her eyes on Azuri. She placed Nailah down before carrying Azuri. "Oh, Nova, he is his fathers son." Tears welled in her eyes.

Nova watched from the side with mixed emotions. Her smile was filled with glee, but her heart broke in two. This was yet another moment T'Challa could not be with them to witness.

Her children had moved outside to the beach. Nailah sat still at the picnic table, surrounded by her color pencils. Nova watched Njari from a distance, while rocking Azuri in her arms. "Njari, don't go too far, understand!?" Nova shouted.

"Yes, mom!" Njari yelled, paddling through the waves.

Queen Ramonda smiled, "You've done well in raising them."

"It wasn't easy" Nova admitted, "I mean, it still isn't easy, but these kids are all I got."

Queen Ramonda gently placed her hand over her dainty shoulder. "T'Challa may be gone, but that does not mean you are no longer part of this family. Wakanda is always welcome to have you, daughter"

"Thank you, I appreciate that, but I don't think I can ever return to Wakanda" Nova reminded.

"If this is about Shuri..."

"Mama, look!" Nailah waved her drawing around. Nova gently took it. Her eyebrow raised. What a peculiar thing to draw... it was a detailed figure of a man drenched in pearls and gold. A serpent crown hovered over his head. Feathers that shaped his broad shoulders led her eyes to roll down to the bottom of the page. A trident was at his feet, but of course she was more curious as to why there were wings attached to his ankles. Nailah sure did have a big imagination.

"What is this?" Queen Ramonda stared down at the drawing.

"I made it, Nana!" Nailah stated so proudly.

Nova smiled simmered at the Queens sudden cold demeanor. "Have you seen this man before?"

Nailah shrugged, confused at their reactions. "No, we haven't. What's the issue? It's just a drawing" Nova stated.

"That man is responsible for Shuri's kidnapping."

"What?" Nova gasped, "No, no, no, are you sure? Because we've never seen this man before. The kids never leave town. The farthest they have gone is to school. And that's a couple blocks away!"

"Nova, I'm certain. This is Namor."

Nova shook her head, feeling exhausted. This curse that tormented her dreams has now infecting her child. "That's not his name! His name is K'uk'ulkan" Nailah giggled.

"K'uk'ulkan?" Nova repeated, utter a curse word under her breath, "That name has been in my nightmares for weeks."

Queen Ramonda widened her eyes, sharply inhaling. T'Challa had once spoken about her nightmares. He expressed his concern over how realistic her dreams became. Shuri at some point had gotten involved, but not even the advanced technology could explain it.

"Who else knows about this?"

Nova looked desperately at the sea. Last night Njari had spoken about hearing a heartbeat out in the ocean. It wasn't enough information to led her back to Namor, but she didn't want to take her chances.

The sea sparkled against the suns ray beams. Waves brushed up against the sand. The oldest daughter was no where in sight. "Njari? Njari" Nova called out, inching closer to the water. Queen Ramonda gently took Azuri from her arms, instructing Nailah to go inside.

Dark clouds swarmed above. The sun was beginning to hide well away with a sudden intense wind pulling her toward the current becoming stronger above. The sudden change of scenery sent a shiver down her spine. Nova ran her hand through her jet black hair nervously.

"Mommy!" A voice shouted. A pair of arms waved at her before sinking below. Nova's eyes flew open with fright.

"Njari!"

The waves became hostile. It battled against her the moment she stepped in. The water was colder than expected. It added to the adrenaline rushing through her body.

"Njari!" Her screamed echoed. She swam further, unable to stop the strings pulling at her heart. No brightened was directed at her toward her daughter. The salt water rushing into her lungs had a desire to get her to the bottom.

What was going on?

"Oh, Bast, please!" Nova coughed, struggling to keep her breath in. The current was batting her around, swinging her back and forth. No matter how much force she put into her body Njari grew further apart from her. Then, she was no where to be found.

"Keep swimming!" T'Challa was urgent in her head.
Nova's head grew dizzy. The water was numbing her arms and legs. "Do not give up!" T'Challa ordered. She nodded, listening. Whether or it was a hallucination or not it kept her going.

Njari had rushed to the surface, gasping for air. "Mom, somethings in the water!" Njari panted, struggling to keep her head up high. "You have to get out of here!"

"Njari, breathe!" She commanded, swimming toward her. The last thing she wanted was to see her kids this way. She had to convince them she was strong enough to take their pain away. "What did your father always tell us?"

"Family stick together" Njari answered.

"Exactly" Nova was getting weak. Breathing the sweet air now burned as if a metallic collided against her chest.
"Hold on to me and don't let go!" Nova winced, kicking her legs harder than ever. Her ears were flooded, but the unknown chants sounded clear as ever. She ignored them, concentrating on how close they were approaching land.

The current attempted one last to shove them back, but it was too late. Nova used the last of her strength to push Njari forward. Their bare arms finally came in contact with the dry sand.

"Njari, it is okay" Queen Ramonda helped the young girl to her feet. Njari cried into her arms. With deep breaths, Nova looked over her shoulder. "It must be Namor!" Queen Ramonda insisted, "This is a sign he is fighting us back for the scientist." Nova weakly shook her head.

There was no denying it. A new war was coming. Wakanda may not survive it. The people may lose their faith, but defending was her only option. Nova was going to do whatever it took to protect her family from this new threat.

You have my word, T'Challa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Saved. By Sam

Fanfiction

100 16 16
Caroline Fury has had a rough go at life but everything changes when she becomes the newest avenger. This is a Marvel fanfiction/ romance short story...
471K 16.8K 96
✪ "𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞" ✪ 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜, 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜...
1.1M 26.6K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
189K 5K 58
Interracial Avengers preferences because black people aren't represented enough in marvel fanfic. Tony Stark Steve Rogers Bruce Banner Peter Parker ...