Two Rejects

De zero_gravity500

"Oh Mia," Alpha Matthew's low, slow voice practically purred. "I'm going to take so much pleasure in ruining... Mai multe

Author's Note
Fan Covers
Chapter 1 - Welcome to Sparta
Chapter 2 - The Glaze
Chapter 3 - Rejected by my mate
Chapter 4 - Going Rogue
Chapter 5 - Some Nice Strangers
Chapter 6 - Trusting the Enemy
Chapter 7 - Alpha Matthew
Chapter 8 - Becoming a Scholar
Chapter 9 - Professor Alpha
Chapter 10 - Alpha's Office Hours
Chapter 11 - Muscle Memory
Chapter 12 - Beer Me
Chapter 13 - Werewolf Hangovers
Chapter 14 - Old Town
Chapter 15 - Electrifying
Chapter 16 - Fashion Show
Chapter 17 - Electric Candles
Chapter 18 - Hosts of the Castle
Chapter 19 - Ruining You
Chapter 20 - Absolutely Insulting
Chapter 21 - Contingencies
Chapter 22 - Fight
Chapter 23 - Glorified Babysitter
Chapter 24 - Old Friends
Chapter 25 - The Initiation
Chapter 26 - Oh-So-In-Love
Chapter 27 - Barbie B*tch
Chapter 28 - A Chance
Chapter 29 - Two Separate Entities
Chapter 30 - Going Rogue II
Chapter 31 - Bearing a Mark
Chapter 32 - Glowing
Chapter 33 - Alpha Alter-Ego
Chapter 34 - Formalities
Chapter 36 - Haunting War Cry
Chapter 37 - The King
Chapter 38 - Chess Game
Chapter 39--The Foretell Part 1
Chapter 40 -- The Foretell Part 2
Chapter 41 - A Second Chance
Chapter 42 - Brotherhood
Chapter 43 - The Ceremony
Chapter 44 - Epilogue
Author's Note - Prequel and Sequel(s)
Author's Note - Rebelling the Alpha King
Bonus Chapter - Graduation & Mia Meet's Matthew's Parents

Chapter 35 - Two Unlikely Lovers

17.2K 645 105
De zero_gravity500

A/N: Extra long chapter and some smut--what more could you ask for lolol

It's a dark room. So dark in fact that I'm not entirely sure if I'm in a room. It feels like I'm in an empty space and I don't quite understand it. I look around—wondering if I've died and somehow gone elsewhere.

"You're rejecting your Mark." A male voice suddenly echoes in my brain. For some reason, it doesn't startle me and instead I feel comfort. The voice is unexplainably beautiful and resonates power. "I've never seen this before."

I start looking around—mainly frightened by my confusion and inability to understand what's happening. My gaze finally lands on a set of eyes. They're golden with specks of brown. I can't see anything else. It's like staring at a set of eyes in the dark. They're practically glowing and incredibly haunting.

My voice isn't working. It feels like I'm fading away like a radio station when you've driven too far. The eyes appear and disappear. I stare at them until they're gone. Before they've completely disappeared, whoever it is, manages to say, "We'll meet again soon."

And suddenly I'm alone.

I jolt awake, breathing heavily like I've drowned and quickly gasped for air. It's dark outside and all I see is the glow of the moonlight stream into the room. I'm in my bedroom. The smell of Matthew instantly calming me down. My hands knot into my hair as I repeat, It was just a dream. It was just a dream.

Almost instantly, sense a soreness at my neck and feel the urge to cry. I wish what Bren did could just be from a nightmare and instead I'm realizing it really happened. I quickly focus on my body—determining that I no longer have a fever and that I feel—for a lack of a better word—okay. Physically anyways. At least I'm conscious.

Are you okay? I ask my wolf.

Traumatized. She answers honestly. Her whimpering suddenly deflating me, What if Matthew doesn't want us anymore?

I decide not to think that way. I stand up from the bed—wondering what time it could be. Wondering where Matthew is. I reach up to my neck and feel a bandage covering the Mark. It's on my right side of the neck. A small—microscopic—tinge of joy hits the pit of my stomach knowing that this isn't where Matthew wanted to Mark me. His intentions and nuzzles and kisses were always directed to my left. At least Bren didn't ruin that.

But he ruined a lot. Too much. Having your Mark is something sacred. It happens behind closed doors because it's meant to be intimate. It's meant to show your love for your mate. I start to feel tears streaming my cheeks as I realize that's been taken from me. I feel utterly violated and everyone saw. Matthew watched it happen and the thought breaks my heart.

I feel sick. My body feels disgusted and gross. Somehow my mind ends up thinking of Bren's teeth in neck. The way it felt when he kissed me and grabbed me and then this. This disgusting and heinous crime that makes my stomach flip. I run to the bathroom—puking what little food I have in my stomach. Tears streaming down my face in absolute revulsion.

What a fucking dickwad, I scream to my wolf. The realization hits the both of us that Bren isn't going to stop until I'm back in Sparta. The notion of his forcing me back and forcing himself on me quickly making me dry heave again. If he was willing to Mark me like this, then I doubt that's going to stop him from doing other things.

I'll kill myself before I let any of that happen, I vow to my wolf. She agrees with me before she starts whining for Matthew. I quickly brush my teeth—my energy lackluster as I lean against the walls to walk out of the bedroom and down the staircase. I somehow ended up in Matthew's sweatpants and sweatshirt—his scent calming me immensely.

In the living room, I catch sight of my closest friends. Sage and Clara are sitting next to each other. River on a single seater and Tyler on his feet pacing. They're all mind linking one another—that's evidently clear to me. As soon as I walk in, Tyler's gaze hits me first and he rushes to my side.

"Holms," He hands me his arm—leading me to the sofa where I plop down. He stands in front of me with pure sadness behind his eyes, "I'm so sorry. He was so calm. His aura didn't change until the last second. It was like trying to read with whiplash. I should have pushed him out sooner. I should have done more."

In full retrospect, it was my fault for turning my back to Bren. I should have known he would react so bitterly and spiteful. I shake my head at Tyler—his head hanging in absolute disappointment.

"Stop apologizing or I'll have to get a new babysitter." I pull him down to sit next to me and give him a warm smile. Everyone is staring at me with so much remorse and pity. I try to ignore it. "Wh-what happened after I passed out?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" Sage asks me gently.

"An ice bath." I tell her vaguely.

"We called the pack doctor." Sage explains slowly, "Tyler saved your life putting you in that ice bath. Your temperature was close to seizing and you were really out of it for a few hours. We kept having to change your ice, but you cooled down. The doctor said your body seemed to be fighting it like an infection. To be honest, he had no idea what the hell was happening so he didn't give us much of a prognosis."

"We didn't know if you'd come back." Clara admits softly. There's a hint of pain in her expression as she looks down, "I thought you were going to die."

My hand reaches for the bandage. The moment I touch my neck it feels sore and open—making me flinch. Tyler places his arm around me and I suddenly turn my attention to River. "And Bren?"

River's eyes harden, "That coward left his warriors to battle us. It gave him and his Beta enough time to escape our territory. Alpha slaughtered the Spartans, which incidentally didn't leave any fun for me."

Sage sighs and clenches her fist, "Besides. As much as Alpha wanted to kill Bren, he knew he couldn't do it. The Alpha King would have his head if he killed another Alpha. I had to talk him down a lot."

I look down at my hands, gulping. "He'll be back."

"We know." River crosses his arms over his chest, "But now he'll have to deal with our entire legion. With war being declared, wolves are volunteering to fight for you."

I frown. Sparta is known for their war tactics. They're ruthless and uncaring. They're not afraid of dying because dying in combat is meant as an honor. It's how I know that Bren's warriors didn't hesitate to distract and stall Matthew.

I look around—Matthew's scent eluding me other than from his clothes I'm wearing. As if noticing my distress Tyler tells me, "He's been running for hours. Once he knew you were stable, he left. Letting his wolf get his anger out in a...healthy manner."

"Well, if you think destroying and knocking down a few pine trees and abandoned buildings is healthy..." River rolls his eyes.

I reach out to Matthew through the mind link. His wall is up, and I pound against it. For a while he does nothing until I feel it creak open ever so slightly. Just a hint of his anger peaking through into my head.

Matthew, I call out to him, but he doesn't answer. Come home. I'm okay.

He doesn't answer. Instead, I feel him close off his mind again. My wolf whimpers in the back of my mind. The dejection making her more nervous than anything else.

"Be careful." Sage warns me with a sad expression. "He's really upset."

I pull my knees to my chest—letting myself get carried away for once with emotions. I feel utterly violated and Matthew not being here is making my wolf worry. What if he doesn't want me anymore because Bren's mark is on my neck? What if he's angry because I insisted to talk to Bren?

"Mia..." Clara's voice envelopes me. She knows me best and I guess the look on my face was a sign to her that I wasn't going to be able to keep it together. She rushes to me, kneeling in front of me as I cover my eyes and let a few sobs escape.

Clara sits in front of me, holding my hand. Tyler has his arm over my shoulder and is rubbing me gently to comfort me. I even feel Sage sit on my other side, warming me with her presence. But even surrounded by my friends, I feel terrible.

I cry uncontrollably, not giving a shit that I'm hiccupping and sucking in snot. I'm aware that I'm not a pretty crier but I'm also unloading a lot. I don't entirely recognize myself in this moment as I just let out random thoughts and sentences. My brain unable to compartmentalize.

"I didn't want war." I cry. "I don't want people to get hurt."

My friends say nothing which I'm appreciative of because they all know I'm just overwhelmed.

"I just want Matthew." I blubber. "I just want to be happy. To be with him. I love him."

"We know sweetie." Clara squeezes my hand.

I suck in a shaky breath and burst all over again like dam, "I feel violated. Why would Matthew want me now? How could the pack even accept me with this? It's horrific. And I'm...I'm disgusting."

"Holms..." Tyler's tone stern.

I look up at him and realize how sad he looks. Tears brimming his eyes. I turn to Clara and Sage, both of whom also look emotional. Clara is already crying. I suddenly realize that my aura must be affecting them. They must be feeling what I'm feeling and it's making them upset.

"Don't say that." I hear River from the couch. He's been listening to me this entire time. His expression sad. A frown evident because of my aura. "You have no idea how much this pack cares for you, Mia."

I'm about to say something when we all suddenly feel a rush of anger. The front door opens, and slams shut. For a split second I think Matthew has broken the entrance. The entire house shaking, which is quite a feat considering it's made out of solid stone.

He makes his way towards us and I'm quickly brushing the tears off my face. Not that it's going to cover anything up, my cheeks feel puffy, and my eyes are probably bloodshot. My back is turned to him, but I know he's standing behind us as soon as everyone looks his way. His aura practically choking us.

I can feel his eyes staring at the back of my head. The intensity making me turn ever-so-slowly. Just looking over my shoulder, I meet his black eyes. He's panting quite heavily. His upper body naked and covered in sweat while he wears a simple pair of gym shorts.

He takes me in, his eyes scanning my face. The black dissolving back into his forest green. His angry aura fading away exponentially. I feel fresh tears sting my eyes as fear grapples my heart. Matthew's so handsome, so beautiful, and I love him so much why can't we just have it simple. Why couldn't the Moon Goddess make him my mate?

I turn quickly so he doesn't see my fresh tears peering through my eyes. I quickly wipe them away with the back of my hand as Clara squeezes my spare one. I can feel his anger and disappointment and it makes my stomach turn.

"Mia—" His voice gentle.

It breaks me out of whatever hold I'm in. I jump up instantly which causes Clara to fall back slightly. Without any words, I walk out of the living room—Matthew's eyes trained on me. I barely look at him as I hurry past him, wiping my eyes quickly. My wolf whines in my head wanting comfort. I let my feet take me upstairs and instead of going into my bedroom I hunker down in Matthew's office.

I let the sight of books calm me. I inhale and exhale deeply trying to take my time to compose myself. As I'm slowly pacing, I hear the door open and feel Matthew step inside. He's nervous and unsettled. I take it as my cue to go sit on the couch. My hands wringing together in my lap.

"I was worried about you." Matthew's voice is so quiet it hardly feels like it belongs to him. I simply nod, keeping my eyes trained on my hands.

He quietly steps towards me, his eyes bearing into me. I wonder if he's staring at the bandage. My wolf whimpers and I bite my tongue to keep it inside. But a shaky breath escapes me that stops Matthew in his tracks.

"Mia...Please look at me." His voice laced with desperation. I bite my lip and turn to him. He's nervously playing with his wolf ring. The anger seems to have completely left him. God, he's so perfect. He makes my mouth water and heartrate pick up. My wolf is obsessed with him and all I want is a peaceful life here in the Valley. I feel my confidence has taken a massive blow—having to live with this Mark permanently.

I turn back to my hands, trying to suppress the waterworks. An animalistic whimper escapes Matthew's lips as his shoulders sag down in defeat. It takes me completely by surprise. In two seconds, he's kneeling in front of me. His arms hugging my legs to his bare chest as he stares into my face—forcing me to meet his gaze. And for the first time ever, I see Matthew's green eyes fog over with tears.

"Mia please talk to me," He essentially begs. "Even if it's to say you hate me. I need to hear you. Please gorgeous, anything."

I brush my fingertips around his hair to comb it across his forehead. He let's out a small sigh as I do it, closing his eyes to the point his tears spill over onto his cheeks. "I'm sorry," I tell him with a weak voice.

He starts shaking his head vigorously. His voice cracking, "I'm sorry. I was supposed to protect you. It's my fault and I'm so so sorry."

He presses his forehead into my lap—his breath shaking and the wetness of tears soaking through the sweatpants onto my legs. I stare at him. My mouth agape as he tries not to crumble, "I thought...I felt how angry and disappointed you are."

"In myself, gorgeous." Matthew looks up, meeting my teary gaze with his. "I could never be angry or disappointed with you. I feel responsible. And I feel...horrid. I should have marked you so long ago. I shouldn't have left him alone with you. I should have killed him. I'm so disgusted in myself and...and petrified you hate me."

I cup his face, brushing his tears with the pad of my thumb. I shake my head, leaning over to press a light kiss on his lips. When I pull away, he presses one hand to mine, keeping it against his cheek. Laying several kisses in the palm of my hand.

"I could never hate you Matthew," I tell him honestly. His breathing calms down slightly and I can see an enormous amount of pressure lifted off of him. Maybe this is what he's been thinking about this whole time. That I would hate him for what Bren did. How could I? I don't think either of us thought Bren would be capable of something as barbaric as forcing a Mark.

I suck in my lip and decide to unload my own worries, "Do you...I mean..."

My voice shakes and Matthew stares at me intently. He kisses my hand again as he waits patiently for me to gather my thoughts. I close my eyes, "You still want me...? I mean, you'll still love me? Even with this...on my neck."

"Oh Mia," Matthew squeezes my hand. "Gorgeous, I would die for you. If you asked me to open my veins for you, I would do it in a heartbeat."

I can't help but smile softly—this time I feel tears coming on but for better reasons. "Don't though."

Matthew breaks one of his beautiful grins, "I won't."

"And your wolf?" I ask gently knowing very well how mine feels. "Is he okay?"

"He's fine," Matthew pushes a strand of hair behind my ear. I know he's not entirely telling the truth. I'm sure my wolf would be livid if the roles were reversed. Not to mention in the moment, his wolf came out and spoke through him. But Matthew's smile comforts me, "As long as we have you."

Matthew stands up slowly. I watch as he struts over to the end of the office. Pulling his electric guitar and turning on the amplifier. Taking his seat next to me, Matthew pulls me onto his lap, so I'm squished tightly between him and the guitar. His chin resting on my shoulder.

Music always helps us relax. Or at least, his music does. Our pack is officially at war and Bren is going to come back with every Spartan I know. I'm already tired from the ordeal of today and the crying certainly didn't help. Matthew plays a few chords lightly and I rest my head on his while he hums.

"Do you think you can still Mark me?" I ask above a whisper.

Matthew smiles softly, "I think I can. Maybe I can try to Mark you on top of Dickwad. But we should wait for it to heal."

I nod—unsure what protocol to take under these circumstances. I try not to emit my disappointment as best as I can but I'm sure Matthew can feel it. I still want Matthew to Mark me. My wolf is begging for it. Even my body seems to be begging for him.

"I'm sorry I didn't kill him." Matthew whispers, "Sage talked me off the ledge of it. The Alpha King would have put my head on a spike if I killed another Alpha."

"He'll be back." I say quietly.

Matthew's body stiffens and he takes a deep breath. Instead of saying anything he just starts to play. A smile instantly spreading on my lips as I recognize the song as I Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley. The melody beautiful and calming. My body turning to goo as he strums the guitar effortlessly. His eyes staring at me intently from the side instead of at the guitar.

Matthew hums along. A soft smile as it reaches his favorite verse and I'm surprised to hear him start singing along. "Take my hand," His voice imperfect—beautifully raw like Kurt Cobain's but much softer. "Take my whole life too."

"For I can't help." Matthew turns to face me, pressing his forehead against my cheek. "Falling in love with...you."

My wolf starts purring and it vibrates through my entire body. I feel like I'm suddenly glowing and somehow, I feel better. The idea that Bren's stupid, impulsive, and disgusting decision has only resulted in reaffirming Matthew and I's love makes me beam.

Matthew stops playing after one more verse, setting the guitar aside and pulling me into a strong hug. His face buried in my neck—the side without my bandaging. I press little kisses on his forehead until we both realize we don't need to be upset anymore. At least, not for now.

"I wanted to go shower," I tell him gently. "I'd like to extend the invitation."

He grins, "I would be a terrible guest if I didn't RSVP."

Matthew lays a sloppy kiss on my neck, a giggle somehow escaping me. The sound of which makes his eyes warm, and a purr extends from his chest. He picks me up bridal style, carrying me effortlessly into our bathroom. Setting me on the sink, he cranks on the shower and helps me out of his sweatshirt leaving me in a bra. Matthew's eyes stare at the bandage on my neck. I can see him trying to control his wolf by the way he pushes away his aura. Matthew gulps, his eyes meeting mine.

"I need to see it, Mia." He pleads softly.

No don't let him, my wolf whimpers. What if he gets upset?

He's going to see it eventually...

I stare at the Mark I left on Matthew, and I try hard not to think of what this means. Whenever I see Matthew's Mark, it makes me beam with pride. It's so clearly etched onto the side of his neck and it's so beautiful. What about mine now? Every time he see's it, is it only going to remind him of Bren? Is he going to ask me to try and cover it up or wear a skin-colored bandage on it permanently. Maybe I can get it covered up with a gnarly tattoo.

My stomach turns realizing it's not only Matthew who has to look at it. Every time I look in the mirror, am I going to cry when I see it? Is it going to remind me of how disgusting I feel now? I'll always have this constant reminder of Bren.

"Wait," I stop him as soon as his fingers linger on the edge of the band-aid. I bite my lip, taking a deep breath before nodding for him to continue.

Matthew peels away the bandage. Throwing away some of the cotton pads that the pack doctor must have used for the bleeding and burning. I watch Matthew's face intently because I also haven't seen what it looks like. A part of me doesn't want to see it. Every time I look in the mirror—I don't want to be reminded.

Matthew's eyes widen and he takes a step back. His reaction setting me into a panic. "What is it?" I nearly scream. My wolf rattling in my head. The Mark must be appalling. Matthew might actually be horrified. I want to suddenly cry all over again until Matthew grabs my arms to look me in the eyes.

"It's okay." He says quickly to calm me down. A smile overtaking his lips. He pulls me down from the counter, turning me around without hesitation so I'm facing our bathroom mirror. My eyes landing on the sink afraid to look up. "Mia, it's...it's virtually gone."

I frown, staring up instantly. My eyes narrow in on the side of my neck where I know Bren penetrated me. I inch closer to the mirror—two small wounds on the side of my neck that look like bad burns. The veins around my neck are differently shaded—some black and what looks like green. It's actually quite freaky to look at but the Mark itself has shrunken.

"That's not possible." I half-mutter to myself. "How...I mean...There's no way."

Even Matthew seems utterly shocked and surprised. A Mark is permanent—wanted or not. I've never heard of a wolf being able to erase their Mark like it was never there. I press my finger to the spot and it's definitely sore. It feels like a terrible bruise, and it burns slightly.

We both stare at it for a while. Marveling over how it could almost be gone. I don't think it'll ever fully heal, but even if it leaves a scar it'll hardly be noticeable. I tap into my wolf to ask her about it but the likelihood of her knowing what's going on is even slimmer than me knowing. Relief courses through me like a flood.

Matthew wraps his arms around my waist, pulling my back into his chest. He starts kissing behind my ear. "Let me kiss you."

"It's still sore." I tell him through the mirror as our eyes meet there. I give him a soft smile, "So gently."

Matthew pulls my hair up, holding it above my head as he kisses down the spine of my neck. His free hand trailing lightly down my side. Shivers running through me instantly. I close my eyes, letting myself fall deeper under his spell as I feel his lips trail up my arm and shoulder. The closer he gets to the Mark, the more my breath hitches and I remind myself how gentle Matthew is being. I won't allow Bren the satisfaction of traumatizing me to the point where I can't enjoy Matthew.

Matthew stops for a few seconds before I feel his lips softly press against me on the Mark. A pathetic whimper escapes me as his tenderness catches me off guard. It's so different to what happened there before. It's so loving and caring that I feel enamored.

"Was that okay?" He asks me with a tinge of concern. I nod, turning in his arms to face him. I push myself up to greet his lips with mine. Letting our bodies mold together as he lifts me back onto the counter.

The steam in the shower is already fogging up the room but we stay in place for minutes on end. Kissing one another until even my jaw hurts. Once the entire bathroom is nearly shrouded in steam, Matthew takes his time unclipping my bra and pulling off my sweatpants and panties. I step off the sink, his lips still latched onto mine until I pull his gym shorts down.

I grab Matthew's hand, pulling him into the shower with me and letting the hot water wash off all our frustrations. Even with the Mark practically gone, I instantly feel better as everything circles down the drain.

Matthew steps in behind me, watching me for a moment as I grab some shampoo to massage into my hair. Giggling softly, I ask him to squat down for me so I can massage it in his own hair. He takes the opportunity at the lowered height to tease my breasts and nipples with his mouth and hands. I roll back my head in pleasure and try extraordinarily hard not to let my legs buckle out from under me.

Once he's standing again, he reaches for the body wash on the top shelf. A playful smirk on his face as the water causes his hair to stick to his forehead giving him an exceptionally sexy appearance. Twirling his finger he says, "Turn."

I do as he says and feel him right behind me. Starting from my ankles, he runs his hands on my body to create soap suds. Moving his way up until he's standing again. His hands trailing between my legs and making me gasp and ache. Then across my stomach until they cup my breasts. Matthew pulls me flush against him and I can feel how excited he is.

He hugs me close, kissing down the side of my neck that isn't sore. His voice dropping and low, "Let me make love to you Mia."

I smile, letting his hand trail from my breast down my stomach until it settles between my legs. Matthew uses one of his own legs to prop mine apart—giving him better access and igniting my longing.

"On one condition," I tell him in a shaky voice. "You Mark me tonight, Matthew."

"No Mia." Matthew sighs, "Not tonight."

"I want you to."

"I know. And I want too as well, but—"

"No." I turn around suddenly to face him. The water hitting me square in the back. "I want to be yours and only yours, Matthew. Please."

I let my eyes beg and I know my wolf is begging too. We've both been wanting this so long. I don't care that Bren did it. I know that when Matthew Marks me it'll feel different. It'll complete me the way it's supposed to.

I point my finger at him, raising my eyebrows, "You said you'd open your veins for me. I'm just asking you to Mark me and make love to me. I'd take the second option."

Matthew let's out a full laugh that makes me smile. He steps forward until my back hits the shower wall. The sudden cold making me gasp. Matthew presses me against the wall, his hand going back to my sex as I feel his finger slowly trail along my bud. My body pushes off in a soft moan.

The intensity of his eyes meets mine and he smiles, "Anything for my Luna."

Matthew ducks down almost instantly and I'm slightly confused until he lifts me. He places my legs on either side of his head to rest on his shoulders, one of my hands reaches up to grip the shower head while the other presses against the glass door. I'm just figuring out how to balance myself when his tongue starts to lick me and my back starts arching.

My hand slides down the glass as I try to keep my balance. Matthew's tongue circling over and over until I feel my legs shaking and my stomach flipping. I can't move, I can't hold onto anything other than the shower head but he's driving me so crazy I feel like I'm going to fall. I moan out his name over and over which only encourages him to keep going until I feel myself slowly coming over the edge.

Matthew pulls his mouth away, trailing his tongue down my inner thigh, his hands gripping me so tightly I can feel his nails digging in. In a swift move, he helps lower my body until my legs are wrapped around his waist. His lips instantly pressing to mine as his tongue pushes into my mouth. How can someone be so delicious and sexy and loving all in one person? It makes me ache and beg for him.

He pushes the shower door open, walking us to the sink. Finally setting my feet down on the ground as my butt presses into the marble counter. With his forearm, he wipes the steam off the mirror behind me. I trail my hands down his body, taking my time to circle his chest and torso. I bite my lip as I let my eyes graze lower. Goddess, just the sight of him makes me yearn.

Matthew is humming in his chest, and I glance up to meet his eyes. They're completely glazed over in black. He turns me around gently, pushing my body against the counter until I gasp and lose balance. My hands instantly reaching up to stabilize myself by sprawling on the mirror.

Even with the beads of water dripping down the mirror I can see Matthew so clearly. He grabs my hips to hoist them slightly, trailing kisses up my bare shoulder as he hands spread my legs farther apart.

"Lock your arms." He murmurs against my skin just as he presses himself against my entrance. I only have a split second before he pushes in—a moan instantly escaping me.

Fuck, I love how he feels. I love how he rocks back and forth. The sensation of having him inside me already throws me into a loop. I can see his eyes through the mirror as he stares right back at me. Biting his lip sensually as he grips onto my waist to help keep me in place while he paces in and out.

He takes a hard thrust that has my head rolling back. "God, I fucking love you." My voice coming out hoarse and shaky.

Matthew leans forward, cupping my breast with one of his hands and squeezing it while simultaneous increasing his pace. His new grip keeping my body in place as he takes me. He presses his mouth to ear, and I can hear his racy grunts that make me flutter.

"I love you, Mia." Matthew's breathing hot against me. "I'd fucking die for you."

I'm completely at his mercy as pleasure rocks through me. Incredibly grateful that he's holding me up as even my arms start to give up as I feel myself getting closer to the edge of the cliff. The pressure building so much below my stomach that I start shaking and begging for release.

Matthew brushes my hair to the side without me noticing. He watches my face intently through the mirror as I lose myself completely. "Matthew," My voice barely able to speak. My hand clenches into a fist, "I'm...I'm..."

I meet his eyes through the foggy glass just as I feel my body release—a shrill moan fleeing my lips. It's in this moment I realize why Matthew wanted me to watch. His canines extend slowly, and his eyes stay locked on mine as he sinks his teeth into the side of my neck. The sensation instantly escalating my orgasms to levels I didn't even think was possible. They pulsate through me over and over. My arms give out and Matthew holds me up as my body straightens out to fall onto him, my head rolling back onto his shoulder.

Oh fuck, I hear my wolf moan in my head.

It feels unbelievable, a warm sensation spreading through my body. The electricity and pure fire that's traveling from my neck to the rest of me. It feels magical—mythical. The way my body suddenly feels invincible. And all I can think and see is Matthew like my senses have suddenly heightened for him. Like he's a magnet and I'm metal—completely and utterly pulled to him.

I start to slowly come down from the high. The buzz feeling calming down ever-so-slightly but lingering happily. Having been so caught up in my own orgasm I hadn't even noticed that Matthew had come too until I felt him hug me from behind. Pulling his canines out of my neck and turning me around. My entire mind hazily drunk on him.

Matthew cups my face and we both break out into idiot smiles. He presses his forehead to mine, his purring unapologetically loud. Running his finger over my cheek, he smiles so brightly like an evening star.

"You're glowing, Mia." Matthew's eyes shining brightly.

I manage a small laugh, putting my arms around his neck, "So are you, Matthew."

Matthew holds me, our gazes turning to the side. The mirror is fogged up again, but we clearly see our silhouettes. Embracing one another tightly. Because even though Bren is coming back and the Alpha King can probably sense my Mark, if there's one thing Matthew and I are certain about, it's that even war could never tear two unlikely lovers apart.

***

A/N: I wanted to split this chapter in half but here's an early holiday gift haha. Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as the rest ^-^

Thanks for the all votes!! Omg you guys, please keep it up, as of today, Two Rejects is #84 in the Werewolf Genre I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! You're also so so so amazing. I honestly am reeling that this has broken the top 100. I never ever in a million years would have thought it would tbh. 

I'll try to update asap but holidays are around and I'll be with my loved ones (lots of plans and whatnot) starting Saturday. Don't worry though, I'm not leaving this book--plenty of more yet in store. AND I've started writing a Prequel and have plans for a Sequel ;)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

460K 17.9K 28
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
69K 3.7K 55
An unlikely pair, Sybil & Syre find themselves being pulled toward the other by an undeniable force. They both have decided that they hate each other...
159K 7K 46
Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin Book 2 of...
2.3M 64.9K 23
Ziara Ale, a normal teenage girl, well as normal as Ziara could get. She's short, clever, and curvy. If there is one thing to know about Ziara it's t...