The Echanting Duchess

By MissElleDee

I was just a simple lady living on a peaceful countryside. Then one day, I was knocked out and before I get t... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: Husband and Wife
Chapter 2: Settling Down
Chapter 3: Evening Charm
Chapter 4: Pink Everywhere
Chapter 5: Inside the Dark Room
Chapter 6: The Rusty Locket
Chapter 7: An Oath of Blood
Chapter 8: Blue Blossom Boutique
Chapter 9: The Power Behind
Chapter 10: The Duchess' Outings
Chapter 11: An Encounter
Chapter 12: The Friend
Chapter 13: Del and Atallie
Chapter 14: Something Happened
Chapter 15: Innocence
Chapter 16: The Sleeping Duchess
Chapter 17: The Duchess Awakens
Chapter 18: A Stroll in the Garden
Chapter 19: The Duchess' Authority
Chapter 20: A Visit
Chapter 21: A Stubborn Woman and a Foolish Man
Chapter 22: Bickering
Chapter 23: Missing
Chapter 24: Grand Ball
Chapter 25: The Duke in Distress
Chapter 26: A Sleepless Night
Chapter 27: Matters of the Heart
Chapter 28: Confrontation
Chapter 29: The Duke Awakens
Chapter 30: The Mark
Chapter 31: Truce?
Chapter 32: Conflicts
Chapter 33: The Great Peregrine
Chapter 34: Turmoil and Peace
Chapter 35: Yet Another Strife?
Chapter 36: Del is Back
Chapter 37: Daylight Passion
Chapter 38: Separation
Chapter 39: Lizbeth
Chapter 40: A Compromise
Chapter 41: Official Authority
Chapter 42: Tea Party and Bugs
Chapter 43: Night Accommodation
Chapter 44: Sudden Trip Away From Home
Chapter 45: The Gift of the Mistress
Chapter 46: The Blue Ray Wizard Tower
Chapter 47: The Way Down the New Path
Chapter 48: The Brown Envelope
Chapter 49: The Duchess Is Up to Something
Chapter 50: Journey To The Capital
Chapter 51: Arrival at the Royal City
Chapter 52: The Duchess and the Princess
Chapter 53: The Visit
Chapter 54: The Meeting
Chapter 56: Arrival of the Brother
Chapter 57: Ellard Settling Down
Author's Note

Chapter 55: Warm Talk

463 18 0
By MissElleDee

Coldness.

Icy and frigid coldness.

Biting and dangerous.

Darkness.

Deep and haunting darkness.

Silent and deadly.

Looking at the grim and taut expression of the duke, the knights could tell that His Grace The Duke of Kargaz should not be disturbed at this very moment.

All they had to do was to heed whatever orders he would instruct them.

And right now, upon Duke Calex's command, after they finished checking everything, they teleported right away to the capital's residence of the duke using the teleportation stone.

Sebas, the duke's personal and trusted wizard, was already at the residence when they arrived.

Upon hearing a brief report of what had transpired, he went straight to the room where the duke and duchess were.

Standing at the door, Sebas softly knocked on it twice.

A low and hoarse voice to Duke Calex sounded from the inside, "Come in."

"Your Grace," Sebas curtly greeted.

With his face as dark as the night and as cold as the ice cellar, Duke Calex remained unmoved while holding Atallie's hands as he said, "Take a look at her."

Looking at the situation, Sebas, knowing that at such time he would not dare to dilly dally so as to not to face the unimaginable wrath of the duke brewing deep inside.

With that, using his powers, he scanned Atallies body, her internal organs and all her vessels and everything that could be checked.

A frown appeared on Sebas.

He was familiar with this situation.

Wasn't it similar to the last time?

"Your Grace,"

"Speak,"

With a deep breath, Sebas said, "This is without a doubt, similar to the case of Her Grace before."

"What do you mean?" Duke Calex asked. He seemed to be unable to think straight. There was only Atallie in his eyes and all he wanted was for her to wake up. Second only was the revenge to whoever caused her little wife to be in this state.

Sebas walked around and moved closer to the side of Duke Calex. "Remember when Her Grace fell into a coma? In fact, that was also similar to what Your Grace underwent at some specific times."

"And what happened back then to Her Grace is the same as her current situation."

"What? How come? Why is it like that?" Duke Calex asked with a deep frown plastered on his cold and gorgeous face.

"As to answer Your Grace, I am not quite certain either," said Sebas.

"If we are the same… and her condition back then was repeated this time…" Duke Calex could not even think about it nor the what ifs.

Sebas understood that Duke Calex was particularly not in the right mood to think such complicated things, but for now, he could at least assure him as he said, "You do not have to worry, anyway. Her Grace will certainly wake up when the morning comes. That was what happened back then as well."

Duke Calex inhaled deeply. "Right. Is there no other injury present?"

"As far as I have checked, there is none. Her Grace is just sleeping. Your worries should be put to rest for now, Your Grace," Sebas reaffirmed. But what he wanted to say was that the duke should rest as well, not just his worries.

But alas, he could not speak carelessly at this dangerous time.

"Alright. You can leave now," said Duke Calex as he nonchalantly dismissed Sebas.

He just wanted to be left alone with his duchess.

Sebas knew about this and immediately disappeared without a word.

Exhaustion was all over the duke's body and mind.

After using a cleaning spell, he climbed up on the bed without any hesitation, making himself comfortable under the sheets with Atallie in his arms.

Since the duchess was sleeping and obviously unaware, the duke could care less about preserving his dignity.

What dignity?

He almost lost the only person he was fond of.

Would he still care about his face or dignity?

And what if Atallie woke up?

Duke Calex would be very happy to see how she might react.

But for now, let him have her in his arms.

Let him take a rest with her by his side.

When the dawn came, the chirping of the birds could be heard all around as the refreshing breeze of the morning filled the air.

Atallie inhaled.

She noticed that there was a different kind of scent that seemed to linger near her.

It was a musky yet minty and calming scent.

Then when she moved, Atallie found a pillow - a hard one at that, which was right beside her.

With a frown on her charming face, her curious hand tried to feel the pillow once again.

It took her several seconds before she realized something.

Yet even before she realized it, the ‘pillow’ seemed to grunt under her curious touches.

Atallie’s eyes flew wide open. All her sleepiness was gone in just a blink.

Before she could further react, the pillow, which, who rather - was in fact, the stunning and gorgeous His Grace The Duke of Kargaz.

“My dear wife, you are playing a dangerous game so early in the morning,” the duke’s low and manly morning voice reverberated right above Atallie’s head.

They were both closely attached to each other. Thus, Atallie could feel every echo and every vibration as Duke Calex spoke.

Such tone and voice was unbelievably alluring and seductive that Atallie could feel indescribable tingles upon her every waking nerve, especially on certain sensitive parts of hers.

But to think that it was only Atallie who was feeling such a thing was wrong.

Duke Calex was no different.

In fact, he was much worse compared to Atallie.

His voice was rough and dangerously low when he spoke again, “You lit up a fire, my dear wife.”

Upon hearing those words, Atallie did not know where to put her hands. She felt a blush forming on her neck and cheeks.

And such flush was all bare and all there for Duke Calex to see and admire.

Such a vulnerable and fresh appearance even made his already heated blood become even more heated close to the boiling point.

But the duke even did something.

Slightly shifting, he swiftly flipped over and was now hovering closely above Atallie.

His unbuttoned shirt and tousled hair and all his hard muscles and screaming masculinity were all over, pinning down Atallie.

Atallie was rendered speechless and unable to move under such a situation.

Under the intense and burning gazes and body of Duke Calex, Atallie could only hardly say a word.

"Move." Atallie breathed with a raspy morning tone that seemed to be tickling and alluring.

For Duke Calex, it sounded like a pleasant and inviting plea which only ignited the fire even more.

With all the heat and tension and all the other dangerous things running in his mind, Duke Calex was already losing his rationality.

"My dear wife, you didn't know how it was for me these past several weeks. How I…" Duke Calex paused as he breathed in deeply, leaning closer and closer, "...was deeply craving for you, wanting to see you, and meet you." His hand gently and softly caressed Atallie's side face, awakening Atallie's already sensitive nerves even more.

Inching closer even more, Duke Calex continued, "And last night…when I saw that scene…when I thought that something could have happened to you, it was ridiculous how I could barely feel anything at all."

He leaned in more and more until his forehead was already touching Atallie's.

There was a whirlpool of emotions, a brewing storm underneath those sharp and deep black eyes of the duke.

And Atallie was already about to be engulfed by its wave and rage.

Such deep and dark eyes…

Sharply shining like the obsidian even in the darkest darkness of night.

Until their lips were almost touching as Duke Calex said in almost like a whisper, "It was as if I was turned numb, cold, and…petrified."

With a dangerously low and husky voice, he continued, "My dear wife, you know what?" his eyes slowly tracing Atallie's profile from her eyes downward. "Darkness is so much better than feeling that numbness and coldness after having a taste of some kind of…warmth."

Then, he kissed her.

Silencing any other raging thoughts roaring and wanting to take over his mind.

It was a slow and tantalizing sloppy kiss.

It was bittersweet.

It was filled with unspoken misery, a flow of silent tears, a cry of unbearable pain and sadness, and a deep-seated rage from within that could not be fully expressed.

Not here.

Not for now.

But among all those mixed emotions, there was also this desperation, a thirst, a hunger, a plea.

An aching.

For that warmth.

"It was this taste…" His lips were still touching hers.

"It was this warmth." A murmur. His eyes so intensely gazing onto Atallie's.

Atallie, on the other hand, was almost done for good this time.

She could hear the walls crumbling.

She didn't know that yesterday would be like that.

The effect she wanted exceeded what she expected.

And now, she just shot herself on foot.

She unknowingly made a mess for herself.

When she knew that she was not ready yet.

For this.

Or for something else.

And for something more.

Holding onto that thought, Atallie opened her mouth, "Duke…" she called out. But it was more like a plea, as she tried to move away from the duke's cage of firm and toned muscled arms.

But of course, under the large and whole frame of Duke Calex, Atallie only seemed like a squirming fish caught in a net.

However, this only added another wave of heat on the duke's already heated body.

"Don't move!" Duke Calex hissed.

Atallie immediately ceased her movements.

She clearly knew what danger could happen.

She could sense it.

But more like, she could feel it…

Atallie was almost at her wits end.

She needed to get away.

Her eyes darted around to see an opening.

Until those amber orbs landed on the pitcher with a glass beside it.

"I need water. I'm thirsty," she said. Her voice was still kind of raspy and dry due to her sleep. There was no doubt that she truly needed some water.

And Duke Calex knew that as well.

"Alright, wait a moment," he quickly acted and poured Atallie a glass of water from the pitcher.

Atallie blinked in surprise.

She didn't know that the duke was so easy to talk with.

Yet, Atallie thought too early.

She didn't know what was to come.

Duke Calex was swift to his feet.

In just a few blink, he was already back on the bed, with a glass of water.

And when Atallie lifted her hand to reach for the glass of water, Duke Calex moved his hand and the glass to his mouth as he drank a mouthful of water.

Atallie blinked once again, in surprise

What the heck?

What is he doing –

But before her mind could process what just happened, Duke Calex made another move.

Abruptly yet gently, his free hand was suddenly on Atallie's back head.

Then, his lips found hers, once again.

Slightly pinching Atallie's chin, Atallie's mouth unknowingly opened.

And this was the right opportune moment for Duke Calex to proceed.

Atallie was flabbergasted.

Wait –

Gulp.

Did he just…

Gulp.

What in the world –

"My dear wife, you don't have to use your hands. I can quench your thirst just like that," Duke Calex said with a very seductive tone and a dangerously hypnotizing smile on his face.

Atallie's mind was already in chaos.

But before she could even rationalize, Duke Calex continued his assault.

He kept putting the water in his mouth then pry opened Atallie's mouth to pour the water down her throat.

This process was repeated at least four times.

Throughout the entire time, Atallie was too flabbergasted to even react.

Only her throat went along with it voluntarily.

It all happened too fast.

By the time Duke Calex had already finished mouth-feeding her a glass of water, Atallie suddenly found herself lying down back on the bed.

Wait, hold on –

And before she could even make a protest, her mouth was once again sealed by the soft yet harsh and assaulting lips of the duke.

It was unlike the previous slow burning kiss.

This one was blazing, fervid and full of passion.

It was in haste.

Full of hunger and thirst and need.

He needed her.

He wanted her.

He was burning for her.

And the fire could soon engulf both of them in whole.

And Atallie was aware of it.

Yet, under the strong and passionate pursuit of Duke Calex, she was rendered speechless.

She could not even utter a word, much less take an action.

What more, she knew she was also at least enjoying the burning as well.

This kind of warmth.

So, what could she do?

Atallie could only dance in the fire.

And before they knew it, they both found themselves in tune and in sync.

Dancing in the same rhythm.

Burning in the blazing fire.

It took them quite a while to cool themselves.

But of course, as before, they didn't get to the final part of what could possibly happen if they continued to dance in tune.

Both of them were now seated at the sofa, facing each other.

It was as if nothing had happened before.

The atmosphere also shifted.

The air around the duke and the duchess was both contrasting yet similar or on par with each other.

There was tension in the surrounding.

Atallie picked her cup of tea, which was newly brewed and served by Leonor herself just a while ago, and took a sip on it.

There was not a single sound from the cup nor any unnecessary noise when she picked it up and put it back down.

"You have questions," she said, finally breaking the thick silence in the room.

Duke Calex, with his deep and dark eyes remaining glued on Atallie's morning yet still charming face, said in his low and flat tone, "Yes, I have."

"Ask away, duke," Atallie said with nonchalance.

"Tsk. What a cold woman," Duke Calex said.

Atallie's eyes almost rolled. "We are talking business here, duke."

The duke in his already exhausted being, with all the hullabaloo the past several days, and with his temper already on the edge of breaking out, was try to keep himself calm as he blurted out, "We almost did it and yet you –"

"Enough. That is enough, duke. We must not take the bed matters to court," Atallie reprimanded.

"Court? What court? We are just here, still inside the same bedroom, my dear wife."

"It is a metaphor, duke."

"Whatever you say, Your Grace," Duke Calex said with a mocking smile on his gorgeous face.

Atallie was now also trying to hold her temper.

She breathed deeply inside before she opened her mouth to speak again. "It seems like this talk will not be going anywhere anytime soon."

"Yes, that is for certain," Duke Calex confirmed.

Atallie noticed a change of tone in the duke's voice as she could somehow detect a possible different meaning from it.

And yes, Atallie was not mistaken.

Duke Calex really did mean something different.

"Now, let us talk about us, first and foremost," he said.

He wanted to talk about something else.

"There is no 'us' yet," Atallie said as a matter of fact.

But before Duke Calex could snap back, he heard these words from Atallie's mouth.

"It is not just about us. But it is more of what about it," said Atallie.

"I believe that you are also aware of this matter, am I right, duke? This is not just about us, but more of what about the circumstances around us," Atallie continued.

Duke Calex halted.

Looking into the sharp and coldly gleaming amber eyes of Atallie, Duke Calex seemed to be struck with something.

Atallie's words seemed to be much clearer and piercing with those glaring eyes of hers.

And the meaning of her words were certainly received and understood by Duke Calex.

It was the reality.

A harsh reality.

"Yes, I am aware," he admitted.

"And I will not promise you anything, but I will certainly do the best in my ability to make things work out," Duke Calex said with his deep black eyes intensely gazing into Atallie's.

He stood from his seat and sat closely beside Atallie.

Duke Calex gently took her hands as he continued, "I will make things work for both of us."

There was a fire burning in his eyes.

A resolute blaze.

He said he was not going to make any promises.

But a promise never had to be said by mere words.

After all, action speaks louder than words.

He didn't have to say a promise.

For it was already an oath in his heart.

Duke Calex only had to make it work.

For Atallie to see the fulfillment of it.

Atallie, although she was all silent and seemed unmoved, also understood what Duke Calex was implying.

But in a situation such as this, there was no need for her to speak anything.

Let their actions speak louder than words.

With that, she closed the distance between them as she leaned forward.

And with her eyes closed, her soft and delicate lips landed on the duke's.

Duke Calex was stunned.

But it only took him a breath to respond right away.

After all, this was once in a blue moon opportunity.

And he would be a fool if he would not fully grasp this rarity.

Yes, there was no 'us' yet for both of them.

Yes, both had different matters at hand.

Yes, both were caught up in circumstances that only themselves know too well.

And yes, there were uncertainties and dangers lurking around and waiting up ahead.

But the sparks between them and the growing fondness they felt for each other was also real and there and both were aware of it.

They would hold on to it.

This...

....warmth.

This different kind of storm and chaos and turmoil amidst the tempest that surrounds.

The slow kiss became hurried and needy and breathy, until they could feel each other's body melt in each other's arms.

How could they not get lost in each other's maelstrom?

When the vortex of their own darkness,

When the whirlpool deep within their souls,

Kept on drawing them to each other and bringing them together.

It was ineluctable.

It could only be a dangerous melody or a harmonious rhythm.

When both of their breaths were almost running out, both of them let go of each other as their eyes were deeply and profoundly gazing at each other's eyes.

Deep dark into cold ambers.

And cold ambers into deep dark.

Duke Calex opened his mouth and said in a raspy and low voice, "Yes, I have questions."

Atallie tilted her head as if beckoning the duke to keep on talking.

"And I know you have yours as well," the duke said. His hand traced the delicate sides of Atallie's charming face.

"However, I will not ask. I will wait until you are comfortable enough to share willingly with me, my dear wife."

There was a dangerous glow in Atallie's eyes.

And her now flushed and warm lips were slightly lifted on its side.

"Duke, I could say the same for you then," she said.

"There is only one thing we could do for now," Atallie said as she moved away from the clutches of the duke and stood from her seat.

With her back now facing Duke Calex, she said.

"Either work it out or walk away."

She suddenly turned around.
"And only one outcome for both of us,"

And with all her alluring charm and glamor, she continued, "Either be together, or not."

_______
A/n: Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! This, I think, is the longest time I've been away! So many things have happened in my mundane life.

Work and stuff and a bit of life happening here and there – but I'm all good! And I apologize for not updating for quite some time.

Besides, Holidays are approaching and schedules during this season are really hectic.

However, to make it up to y'all guys, I'll try to upload another chapter or two before this year ends!

And let me thank y'all for your continuous support! And just as I promised, here comes the spicy chapter hehe ~ (⁠灬⁠º⁠‿⁠º⁠灬⁠)⁠♡

I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to vote and comment down your thoughts! Oh how your votes makes me continue to this work, and oh how I love hearing your thoughts!

We'll see each other soon! o⁠(⁠(⁠*⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠*⁠)⁠)⁠o

Ciao!

🖤 Elle Dee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 32.7K 60
"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green cloak hanging from shoulders. He isn't ve...
609K 23.3K 52
"Estelle, I will kill any man who stands in my way of having you. I will kill one to one thousand men!" I snarled, fury consuming me as her frightene...
343K 19.6K 49
THIS STORY IS NOW FREE! When a newlywed princess discovers her Prince Charming is married to six other royals, she brings the outraged spouses toget...
14K 1.8K 49
Even teen evil queens need love. Right? (Or at least a handsome sword-fighting minion to do their bidding!) *** Bad things happen when Rowen is aroun...