Trolls: Troll-wreaked

By Karinatrolls88

Mina notices that the leaders need a break and a vacation. She, along with Branch built a paradise cruise for... More

Beginning
The Party incident
Crazy Ride
Day of Survival
Truth
The New Branch
Enemy
The Call
Escape
Betrayal
Be Prepared
The Final Countdown
The Rise of Fear
Lie to Protect the Truth
Facing Fear
Dramatic Confession
Mina's Upgrade
Confronting the Beast
Goodnight Mockingbird....
Time to rest

Credits/Sources

67 1 1
By Karinatrolls88

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading this. This story brought so much emotion for all of you to feel too. Now, if you are wondering where I got these ideas, you better stay.)

Beginning (Chapter 1):
When Poppy did her morning routine, it was based on The Lego Movie when Emet said "good morning" to the furniture in his apartment.

Song: Rhythm Nation from the Camila Cabello's Cinderella

The scene where Trollex threatened Prince D was inspired by Angry Birds 2 when Chuck says something similar to Red about not treating his sister right. Which makes sense since I haven't mentioned her yet. The same goes for any members of Trollex's family who haven't been said by Dreamworks. (Besides Beat Drop)

The Party Incident (Chapter 2):
The scene where Poppy is shocked to see the cruise is inspired by Hotel Transylvania 3, where Dracula says the same line (with a bit of change) to his daughter Mavis. This is similar to when Prince D acknowledges what the cruise offers.

Song: It's party time by Joe Jonas

The scene where Maddie (dressed up as a waitress) orders the leader's drinks was inspired by a similar scene in Cars 2, where Matter was trying to hang out with McQueen and Sally was disguised as a waiter. Like Matter, Maddie's plan backfires when she has to figure out the leader's usuals.

Crazy Ride (Chapter 3):
As I wrote in this chapter, Branch screams like Hey-Hey in Moana. And his response was Barb smacking him to stop, similar to Moana calming Hey-Hey down with a coconut.

And the scene where Shift explains how far the lifeboat may be from the cruise is inspired by the movie Abominable when Peng tells his cousin Jin how far away they may be, which is ironically true.

And the scene where Shift catches a fly near Branch's lip was inspired by the scene in Back to the Outback when Doug managed to eat a fly near Pretty Boy's lip. Branch, too, says the same sentence as pretty boy.

The scene where Trollex is trying to push the boat by swimming was inspired by the Incredibles when Dash moved the lifeboat to Syndrome's island.

Day of Survival (Chapter 4):
Song: It's a Jungle out here by Philip Lawrence

This whole chapter was inspired by a similar chapter in the book: Trolls Tropical Getaway. Written and Illustrated by George_Beard & OpefuLee

Truth (Chapter 5):
The scene when Maddie and Mina are arguing with each other came from one of my favorite Graphic Novels, Brave. We're Jenny and Akilah. They were both arguing with each other but quickly stopped and reconsidered later.

In the movie Ant-Man & the Wasp, Hope's mother nicknamed her Jellybean when she was a child.

Song: Better Together by Jack Johnson

The New Branch (Chapter 6):
Like the last two, this chapter was inspired by similar chapters in Trolls: Tropical Getaway.

The scene where Branch was caught in his mind being more "chill" was inspired by one of my anxious thoughts when I was so hard on myself that I started to compare what I "thought" everyone was saying to what they meant.
Example: I hear failure, but in reality, the accurate word is an improvement

And a similar scene where Frond was showing the amazement of the island was inspired by a similar scene in Croods where Grug showed how unique his ideas were.

The scene where the Trolls find out some of their friends are missing was inspired by Wings of Fire Book 3 when the dragonets find some of their friends missing.

Enemy (Chapter 7):
Song: Meant to be by Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line

The prisons inside represent inspiration from many sci-fi and thriller movies, but it was mainly from Paddington 2.

The call (chapter 8):
The idea of Snowfall howling into a giant microphone to hear Carlos came from me watching a brief scene in the movie Horton hears a Who.

The battle arena was based on the Colosseum in Rome, and the weapons/bloodshed on it was based on the aftermath of a Hunger Games round.

The mind control itself in the book can only be activated through a specific gas. And the gas was inspired by Detective Pikachu when the Pokémon in the battle arena went wild when the purple gas was released. I changed a couple of things: the user can control the victims who breathe in the gas, and when victims breathe it in, their eyes turn a dark shade of red instead of purple.

However, the gas is possible to flow through a bullet. Shown when Mina suddenly turns savage and almost kills Poppy. This scene, however, was inspired by Zootopia when Mayor Bellweather shot a bullet of Night-howlers at Nick to kill Judy. That officially failed since the bullet itself was a blueberry. And that scene same implies this one too.

Escape (Chapter 9):
"Mr. Satan's teddy bear." is a comment used in Back to the Outback when Zoe comments to Pretty Boy during the escape from the zoo.

At the scene where Shift (being invisible) was distracting the guard, Maddie attacked it. This scene was inspired by season 4 of Lego Ninjago.

As Mina mentioned, "it took many tries before the birds could made it." This is a reference for the Angry Birds. And when Carlos was being string-shotted before he could say anything, this was a reference to Chuck when he didn't finish his sentence before he was shot.

The description of the prison cages is a nod to Zootopia; when Judy and Nick were trying to find Emet Otterton, they saw all the missing mammals, plus their information set was shown in front of their cages.

Betrayal (chapter 10):
Trollex's betrayal was from The Bad Guys when Professor Marmalade tricked the bad guys by making everyone think they stole the heart meteoroid. He even stated that when people search for bad, they don't see a cute Guinea pig; they see the bad guys in return. Trollex's betrayal showed that the most innocent and kindest aren't always the purest.

Another thing to add about the gas, the materials to make it aren't strong enough to work on the hybrids since they're from a different universe. But some aspects of the Trolls' world have a lot of effect on the Hybrids; this explains the torturous state Maddie and Shift feel when they have some of their genetic code removed from their bodies.

Be prepared (chapter 11):
"I just feel it! In my jellies!" This phrase came from Detective Pikachu when Pikachu was trying to convince Tim to help him find his partner.

When Poppy was trying to do her cheer, everyone didn't say it. This is a reference to Jumanji: Welcome to the jungle, when Bethany tried to do the cheer as well but gets ignored.

When Poppy describes, she can "hear" the narrator. This is a reference to Ever After High; Madeline Hatter said she was the only one who could hear them during the first episode.

And when Mina was trying to walk away from her friends, making sure she wouldn't crack about her sweet, affectionate side for Shift, she kept saying "no, no, no, no, no," followed up by beatboxing. This was a reference to The Lego Batman movie when Batman said the same thing to Alfred to ensure he didn't go to Chief Gordon's retirement party.

Song: Just the Way you are by Bruno Mars

The Final Countdown (chapter 12):
Song: The Final Countdown by Damned Anthem

The Rise of Fear (chapter 13):
The Dark Lord was inspired by Vox from Hazbin Hotel and the Overlord from Lego Ninjago since both designs are based on TVs.

The scene where Hickory finds out Branch stole his cappuccino is based on something that happened in real life. It was when my friend's parents were arguing about who should have the last mug of coffee. (I can't believe they fought over coffee).

The scene where Snowfall was chasing after Joan was based on the scene in Zootopia when Mr. Manchus was chasing Nick Wilde and Judy Hops in the rainforest district.

The quick fight of Snowfall versus Carlos was based on Sirius Black facing Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Beetle even mentioned Carlos's wolf form is similar to Sirius's.

When Queen Essence and King Quincy were trying to ask questions, they settled the microchip (which was inside of Creek) to put it to the truth. This system of truth came from and inspiration of Spies in the Disguise and Helluva Boss. In the same scene, Creek admits he peed in the pool; this is the same answer Kimura responded to Agent Sterling in Spies in Disguise.

Lie to protect the truth (chapter 14):
When everyone is trying to calm down the captive Trolls. Trollex stated that he hoped they don't get to traumatized. This is a reference to the book series His Dark Materials when the Gyptians try to help the children who had their daemons cut.

The main reason why Carlos and Maddie are huge simps is that they both watched too many romantic dramas.

When the mind-controlled Trolls are chasing after Mina, this is a reference to Madagascar when the Fossa chase Marty.

Smidge's commands are a reference to Mrs. O's commands in the TV show Odd Squad.

Facing fear (Chapter 15):
"I'll be there every step of the way." This phrase references Frozen 2 when Anna says a similar sentence to Elsa.

Song: Glimpse of us by Joji

"There will be a time when you have to do things on your own, even without me, one day."
This sentence was said (or mentioned) in The Lion King franchise.

Mina's mom's speech was inspired by my Christian friend, who talked about what or who God is.

The evil phrase that the Dark Lord says is similar to the sentence in The Owls of Ga'Hoole, where Surtr (the antagonist) expresses a similar line. Except I changed a couple of things.

Dramatic Confession (chapter 16):
"Take them to the mountains for me. Will you?"
This phrase said by Mina is a reference to Bing Bong in Inside Out, when Bing Bong said a similar sentence to Joy "Take her to the moon for me. Okay." This shows how much strength Mina asks in Shift to help them when she's not around.

Mina's Upgrade (chapter 17):
When Shift says Fantástico, this shows that Shift has a Hispanic heritage.

Beetle's ability to sting others with his hair was an inspiration from jellyfish, except Beetle's is less deadly and more of a paralysis sting.

Song: Noble Maiden Fair by Emma Thompson and Peigi Barker from the movie Brave

Confronting the beast (chapter 18):
In paragraph 21, I described Joan conversing with herself; the song Self Talk inspired this paragraph by Parker Jack.

The archer's speech to Joan is the same sentence in The Good Dinosaur when Arlo's dad shows Arlo the beautiful side of a firefly.

Goodnight Mockingbird (chapter 19):
"Daddy! Smile, please! You never fully dressed without one." It's a sentence inspired by Hazbin Hotel when Alastor says a similar sentence to Vaggie.

Like my Father by Abby Izzy

Mockingbird by Eminem

The last sentence, describing Mina's increased strength with her memories, was inspired by Lego Ninjago's last episode in season 3.

Time to rest (chapter 20):
When Carlos talks at Mina's funeral, he explains his horrible behavior when he first met her; this behavior was seen in one of my other books, A Hybrid's Life, where it was shown how he was a massive jerk to Mina back in the day.

Song: you were there for me by Henry Moodie

Sadly, I won't explain who was in the prison cage in the last sentence of the chapter. So I want you to guess and theorize what will happen in the next book. Also, I'm taking a break from Troll Fandom, and I'll move on to another. So, check out my Wings of Fire fanfic story Dragon Mets a Human.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 282 28
One day, the Troll Tribes, separated, had their regular days till several of their kids were taken mysteriously with no trace. The kids were only tee...
5K 79 5
One year after Barb organized his world tour, Poppy established a special day where everyone commemorates the end of the troll wars. Branch and Poppy...
149K 2K 24
Branch Notices How Much The Troll Leaders Are Stressed Out From Working Around Trollstopia And Creates A Forest Cruise Vacation For All The Trolls. B...
18.5K 171 18
The fun continues for the Trolls of Trollstopia.