April x Donnie - oneshots Vol...

By strawberry_studio

These oneshots are being written because: I like shipping and i thought it would be cool to write more stuff... More

Dating in secret
winter of wonders
Mission: Date
Three answers, two lies, one truth.
Purple Hoodie
babysit
beach day
School Work
theatrical performance
Costume party
Sick
Fashion - clothes don't make the couple
Future
Past
present
you are not her
Human
Playing House
a satisfying ending
Not everything is a bad ending
!Important Author's Note!
Babysit 2.0
merry-go-round
Unknown and forgotten
Photos and Memories
conversation
party
first date
goodbye dear reader.

not everything is what it seems

183 5 6
By strawberry_studio

Oneshot synopsis: April, a feared villain,

ends up finding a strange friendship with Donatello.

Note: the mask/drawing above was done by the same artist as the previous chapter, I had commissioned it with her almost two months ago for a school project/another fic.

insta of the artist: Coffee.web_sketch

_______________________________________________________

It was almost six in the afternoon, Donnie seemed to count the hours to leave that day, he tried to sneak out but Leo caught him in the act.

"Where do you think you're going?" Leo asked with a smug smile on his face.

"It doesn't interest you." Donnie said to his brother, how could he be so annoying.

"Are you going to meet your girlfriend?" Leon asked laughing at his brother's red face.

"How much do you want not to tell anyone?" Donnie asked without patience, surely he would be late.

"You're going to do what I say for a month and...you're going to do my chores for a month and a half." Leo said without much idea what to order.

"I give you my slices of pizza and do your weekly chores." Donatello said impatiently.

"Done deal." Said Leo "But you'll also have to cover for me the next time I sneak out."

Donnie didn't care if he had to run some errands or give away a few slices of pizza, he was late. Running in the shadows so that no one under any circumstances could be seen, according to him people weren't ready to see either him or his brothers yet. His destination was the tallest building in the city, an empty terrace that overlooked all of New York City. A beautiful view, the sound not so much, but it was low due to its height, and best of all: No one could see it.

"You are late." Said a voice from the shadows, a female silhouette wearing half yokai, half oni mask came out of there.

"Sorry April, I didn't mean to be late but you know my brothers." Said Donnie sitting down.

"Hahah! Let me guess, Leo didn't let you leave in peace did he?" She asked sitting down next to the Soft-Shell.

Donnie sighed, how did he get there? He remembered how he had met April O'Neil, it would be hard to forget her. A girl of average height, dark skin, beautiful hair tied back and always wearing yellow, why would it be hard to forget her? Because when the four turtles met her the brunette almost killed them, April worked for Big Mama, a spider yokai crime boss, and April was attached to her. So when they broke into one of the yokai's many properties to get something their father wanted, it was a surprise to see a human, and an even bigger one that she managed to beat Raph without difficulty.

Donatello, due to his curious nature, became interested in April and thus a friendship was formed, neither of them spoke about what happened, sometimes Donnie commented about his brothers, but never about where he was going and his missions/patrols, April talked about Big mama like her own mother, but never like working for the yokai.

April stretched, which caused Donnie to lose his train of thought.

"Long day?" asked Donnie adjusting his battle shell.

"No, just a boring guy... he keeps following me around while I work." April explained.

Donnie looked at her curiously, it wasn't normal to see April upset.

"What happened?" He asked schooling himself in his hands.

"A guy I dated once was following, he said we 'should happen'." She threw herself back with her hands thrown to her sides in a t-shape.

"Oh it must be really hard having people want to date you and be a pretty girl." Said Soft-Shell sarcastically.

"Serious?" She asked looking at him in an offended way "You know that guy won't leave me alone right? And besides you must have a girlfriend and several yokais after you."

"April, what part of 'ninja' don't you understand?" He chuckled "No, there's no one, plus who wouldn't love to date a huge, mutated turtle that lives in a sewer, what would be more attractive?"

"Stop being dramatic, you've certainly already had your first kiss. Isn't it?" April said smiling at her, Donatello didn't answer, he just stared into space "Isn't it?"

It dawned on April, Donnie until the moment they met had never left the sewers, unlike her where Mama, since the moment she found her on the streets and adopted her, could go out and venture throughout the Hidden city. He never went to school (just like her), he never went to parties or went on a date. April felt sorry.

April had an idea, she covered Donnie's eyes who reacted with a jump away.

'What was that?' he asked startled.

"Calm down." She said "Trust me."

He trusted, from then on Donnie didn't see anything he just felt, a heat appear through his spine, something soft and sweet touch his lips, and a different sensation grows in his body. The one who touched his lips pulled away, and then, before April took her hand away from his eyes, he understood. April had kissed him... April. Had. Kissed. him.

He opened his eyes, his face red, and saw the silhouette of April walking away.

Before disappearing she looked back and smiled.

"I hope you enjoyed your first kiss."

Donnie was sitting there red-faced, looking at his hands and then to where April disappeared, when he noticed the brunette's mask on the floor he took it and kept it. Maybe the next time they saw each other he would give it away, but every time he thought about seeing April, his body got weird, 'butterflies' in his stomach, a shiver down his spine and his heart beat harder against his rib cage.

Two weeks passed and April seemed to avoid Donnie, it took her a long time to answer him and when he tried to set something up she ignored it or made some excuse. Had he done something wrong? He tried to distract himself, but when everything went quiet and he closed his eyes, Donnie felt April's lips against his, and remembered how soft they were.

They were sent to Hidden City, Splinter sent them to get something, Donnie didn't pay attention to what it was, something that involved one of Big Mama's properties, and the soft-shell knew he would see April, that is more distractions for the head already confused.

They enter the property, a hotel, strange... there was no one. Leo, as he was, opened a portal to the place because, according to him, it was 'easier'. Raph, Donnie and Mikey went carefully. When they got to the hall, they saw April, in yellow shorts and a sweatshirt, red glasses, and her hair in two buns. Leo was on the floor, the brunette had hit him, and by the looks of it he almost fainted.

"That little girl is a monster!" Leon said in a half cry.

"I am NOT a little girl." April said reaching down and touching Leo's nose "I'm Mama's right hand man, now I'm going to ask just once." She got up and grabbed a baseball bat "Where's Mayhem?"

"Who?" Mikey asked.

"Mayhem! My pet! It looks like a cross between a cat and a dog!" She almost screamed.

"Look, we don't know, but you hurt our brother, so you'll have to pay." Raph said picking up his weapons "Wait where are you going?"

"Look, I'm not working, and I just want to sleep and find my Mayhem." She said going to her room.

Donnie followed the girl with his eyes, while Leo stood up and showed the item, um... photo album... ok. Raph made it clear for everyone to come back but Leo and Mikey talked him into having a pizza at a newly opened place in Hidden City, he agreed. Donnie stayed behind.

He remembered the mask, which he wanted to deliver, told his brothers that he had forgotten something inside the hotel and went back, he tried to find out which was April's room and as soon as he arrived at the door his body froze.

He knocked on the door, and heard a noise, a strange and furry animal appeared next to Donnie's feet, was that a 'Mayhem'?

"I already told you I'm not hungry-" said April opening the door "Dee..." She said in surprise, and then looked down "Mayhem!" She took the pet in her lap "What are you doing here?" The brunette asked, now looking at Donnie.

"Ah! Uh-It's just that you forgot that...that day on the terrace." He said showing the mask, he started asking his face not to turn red, April's did.

The two were silent, the young woman took the mask from Donnie's hands, she looked at it and gave a slight smile.

"Don't you want to come in?" She asked opening the door further, Donnie nodded.

April put Mayhem on the bed, sitting next to the pet, Donnie got to his feet. But when the brunette signaled for him to sit next to her, he complied.

"April I..." He tried to eat scratching his neck, could she tell he was nervous?

"Donnie wait... I wanted to apologize, I shouldn't have kissed you without your permission. I-I'm really sorry..." She said looking at the floor, her cheeks still red.

"Oh you don't need to apologize." Donnie said with a slight smile "Actually I liked it a lot.."

"You liked it?" She looked at him.

"Ahhh...." shit, he had said out loud "yeah... I liked it."

"Good then."

Now they were in awkward silence, great.

"Thanks." Donnie spoke breaking the silence.

"For what?" April asked confused.

"For the kiss and for being my friend." Donnie said looking at the ceiling "It made me, at least for a second, look like a normal person."

"Donnie..." She said approaching slowly.

"Yea...?" the two were now inches away from each other, you could feel the excited breathing of the two teenagers.

The two kissed, this time, Donnie knew how to react, he held April's head, she held his shoulders. The two stood there for a while, everything felt 'right' somehow. Until Leo showed up at the hotel to pick up his twin because he took a long time to come back, better him than Raph.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi! wow, this was the hardest oneshot to write, the first idea was that Donnie would be a detective after his missing brothers, and that April was an ex-mafia assassin... it would be cool but I couldn't write it, maybe in the next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 112 17
Note: this event was taken place after the PJ Mask finished a School year The PJ Mask are going camping this summer while the rest will be on the loo...
2.2K 78 7
Daichi accidentally confesses his feelings to Yui, but then he suffers from amnesia! Will he ever remember what he said to her? I love Haikyu! and n...
2.6K 388 20
Sky Demeter Illarionova, a girl who was diagnosed with cancer, has to pretend and makes her friends and other people believe that she's in good healt...
335K 19.3K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong