The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Fifteen

92 6 1
By AidinWhite

Staring out the window of my class I was partially zoning out at the city around me that I could see.

My mind for the past few days was cycling between Derek and Nathan. They were similar but in different ways. Derek had a sense of casualness to me that Nathan didn't, along with how he didn't fill a room, he was just sort of there and quiet always appealed to me. I didn't terribly love the parties since I knew there was illegal things that happened there but I couldn't be a hypocrite since I went and got drunk just a few days ago. Nathan was the sort of opposite; he could dictate and control any situation, he could make me feel safe in any situation, and make sure nothing happened to me. He was the first person to make me feel safe and I knew that, along with the person to take my virginity. Nathan was cautious and patient which Derek could be though hosting raves made that debatable even if they were private events.

The negatives for Nathan were also some of his better traits, he was cunning and precise which made him extremely reclusive and reserved, along with how he internalized everything which led him to drinking, and hiding away from people when things went wrong. Derek didn't really have any, at least that I knew of, the tattoos weren't a red flag I thought the creativity made it really fascinating and he had always treated me with nothing but respect in all our interactions.

I just didn't know what he did during the day, he wasn't a student as far as I knew, his parents were also never around and he didn't talk about them.

What if he enjoys his privacy.

"Louviere eyes up here" the professor says and I pull my eyes from the window to see her staring at me along with most of the class.

If only I could tell them all to fuck off.

"What is the answer to the question that I just wrote on the board?".

Looking past the curly haired professor I stared at the question for a moment analyzing the graph with multiple small paragraphs written around it pointing to different parts of the data.

"The graphs are about sales to cost, the main question is how do brands counter or balance this, which doesn't have a specific answer some brands use really cheap materials, others produce in house, some just outsource through inexpensive labour. Sales has to be broadened price effects sales, if something looks, and feels, or even is associated with a variety of tropes reliability, durability, who more often buys it, how does colour affect the target group, does the design allow for functionality, and easy usage. Simplicity even can make or break a sale regardless of the pitch used to get it on shelves and into people's homes. It's just common sense" I reply leaning forwards slightly.

"Pay attention Miss Louviere" the prof says turning back to her board and for a fleeting second I could remember the way Nathan would tease me. There was nothing like it, and considering how often he guarded my purity waiting for me to be sure that I was willing to give that part of myself to someone.

Nathan was like that he knew how to make people feel safe, and I felt careless for just walking away from someone who could do all the things so many looked for far too late. I could still picture the look on his face the winning smirk and how he could make all my problems go away, how he would always put himself in the way of anything that could possibly harm me even though he knew I could defend myself. I could remember sitting next to him in his car and him purposely going slower then normal to make sure that I was comfortable at all times.

Eventually when class ended I stood slowly and made my way out of the class towards the parking lot where my car sat gleaming in the sunlight, I could even spot the other cars sitting around the lot and felt periodically normal seeing some of the luxury vehicles just not in the same way I could look at Thornbrook which made Yale feel tiny, but that private school was a different breed of money.

I also wanted time to think and quickly unlocked the car before starting it and backing out before driving off after picking a direction.

Driving out of the city I made my way through the Connecticut forests until taking a side road that my navigation system told me would lead to a lake. Slowing I pulled down the road slowly until getting to a small pull off area before realizing just how far north I'd truly gone. Massachusetts was right there no more then two miles north of where I was now.

I then parked and got out of the car before walking over to the old worn out looking dock and going to the end before sitting down with my legs pulled to my chest.

The world around me was silent which seemed to appeal more to my screaming mind. The mental war was a lot more probing then I wanted it to be that was until I noticed something on the far side of the lake where there seemed to be a shore that was all sharp gravel along with people moving just behind the tree line. It was likely some sort of compound yet on a map it was no where to be seen.

Why would there be something like this out here.

Then I spotted the line of Mercedes vehicles park beside the other people and a helicopter come in to land.

The questionable part was the logo on the tail fin that stylized W was more then clear to me who owned it and likely the complex.

Winters Group International.

I couldn't however figure out why Adrian would want a secret place built and agreed on being kept hidden.

Probably had a reason though considering gow secretive the company was I couldn't guess. Though there was a history of being a head of everyone else so if it was a new industry project there would be no surprise.

It was when I heard an engine and turned around to see four blacked out Mercedes parked and a group of eight PPO's got out.

"Scarlett?" Morales one of the Winters close bodyguards puzzles.

"Went on a drive out to this lake didn't think anything was out here" I admit.

"We have to take you to Adrian, its just policy, follow us" he says before gesturing that they all get back into the cars and I follow suit before they take up placement to both guard and prevent movement as I drove.

Ex military should have guessed that.

A few minutes later we pulled down a separate road to a steel gate marked with no trespassing, along with razor wire loops atop eight foot fences.

"This place is serious" I mutter following the front two cars down a paved road with the trees thickening on both sides.

That was until we got to a split road one went to a power plant that looked like it was being still built with scafolding stands still up along with material piled neatly nearby.

The second took me to a large building that was made solely of concrete and what I guessed to be tinted bullet resistant glass.

The sign by the entrance of the parking lot stated exactly what this place was.

Winters Group Research Centre

Parking I then got out seconds before three GLS parked and Elijah and Haden got out of the middle car along with two from the others each being visually unarmed though I knew far to well that they all carried to protect Adrian at all times.

Speaking of Adrian the tall well built CEO got out of the back seat of the middle car dressed in a dark grey Italian cut suit with the typical black turtleneck shirt underneath. His black beard was shaped and well groomed along with his hair that only showed a few grey hairs. His thunderstorm grey eyes observing everything with expected calculation.

It was intimidating. Adrian Winters was intimidating, and the whole world knew that he understood how to use his power.

"Scarlett" he regards eyeing me cautiously his controlled demeanor not faltering or changing slightly.

"Mr. Winters, I didn't realize I was on Winters Group property when I pulled off on the Connecticut side of the lake".

"Yes, I want to have that side also shut down, im in the process of buying it out. Anyways because you've come across this facility I have to get you to sign an NDA" he sighs.

"Okay" I say before following the incredibly tall man in front of me through the facility. I kept my eyes down knowing that I didn't really belong here. I also knew that if he was planning on making thise whole area into a compound it was serious the kind of research.

Eventually we got into a large room that was more of a lounge then an office with four sofas dotted around the room with two book cases on opposing sides of the room before Adrian gestured to one of the sofas as he walked to the lone desk set on a slightly raised platform in front of a massive window.

On the table I realized that he had plans to make a massive facility that surrounded the lake and modified it to filter till it was clean so that people could see into it like an aquarium.

It was a neat idea however the black leather bound book intrigued me though I couldn't look at it without appearing like I was scowering through Winters Group records.

"How are you taking the break up with Nathanial?" Adrian suddenly says walking back to me with a sheet of paper inside a black folder, along with a second one that was a paper one.

"Okay I suppose, still getting used to it" I reply and he gives a silent nod as he set up the table.

"He seemed upset about it, but seemed determined to move on from the entire event" Adrian reveals watching my face as I read through the document before me.

"Sounds like Nathan, he always seemed like he had something to prove by controlling his reactions. Made him have great self control" I remark as I looked up to find him sitting there but a few feet away with his hands folded his two pointer fingers pressed together. His eyes watched me, and the blank yet observant look made me relive the stories I'd heard over the past year of how he was always the one pulling the strings whether you knew it or not.

It was mildly unnerving feeling bare like a book, all my thoughts and feelings practically laid out for the most powerful man in the state to collect.

"Something I wish I had" I finish and Adrian quirks a smile, adding to the few cues he ever gave. He was in business mode and that meant he was like an arrowhead, straight-edged and razor sharp.

"Most people do, I heard he has a girl that he is getting close to, Zavier tells his parents a lot and Hunter Ambrose could never keep his mouth shit even after fourty years" Adrian scoffs in a non mocking almost amused way.

Why would you tell me that?

"I'm not surprised Nathan seemed good at getting close to people" I comment neglecting how the image of him with another girl seemed to burn a hole deep in me.

"You haven't moved on, I can tell, your face flashed for a brief second with pain" Adrian says a mellow look having found its way onto his face.

"Is that such a bad thing?" I ask.

"Not necessarily" he muses almost whimsically, though the raven haired man across from me was far too assertive, and whimsical wasn't a word that could ever describe him in most cases except for whatever his momentary thought was.

"How?" I ask signing my signature across both lines on both copies.

Not surprised that he has double copies.

"Well" he says closing both and sliding the one in the paper folder towards me. "It means you have two options. See what your feeling may mean see what its like around him which considering he can never stay in one place. And if being with another person makes you happy be with them. Some people are meant to be and others are not" he says and there almost seemed to be wisedom there, like he was trying to help me but I couldn't imagine why.

"Why give me advice?".

"People don't deserve coldness if they haven't provided a reason to be. If someone is a prick they can go fuck themselves. But if someone is pure and does everything they can even when wrong to right it those are the people you keep around. You may be my sons ex but sometimes time apart makes one another fonder of each other" he says standing and walking to the shelf and placing the folder in its place.

"Thats a very humbling and reasonable way of approaching situations" I remark and he just smiles slightly.

"Yes, also as much as I'd like to keep talking I have a meeting in five minutes so now you should be going. I'd hate to have security kick you out because you don't have the right credentials" Adrian says as I stand before going to the door where Adrian summoned someone and asked them to escort me out which they did without complaint while I remained a respectful distance behind them.

Getting outside I thanked the woman and went back to my car before sliding inside and driving off towards the gate so that I could return to New Haven where I could speak nothing of the secretive Winters Group facility I'd stumbled across, though what remained on my mind was the option of either rebuilding the bond I had with Nathan or letting him go for good.

Long update early as well I'm proud of myself for this one. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 677 80
{Book #1 of The Devils Series} Thornbrook Academy the school some of the world's most successful people attended, and the domain of the children of t...
411K 8.5K 28
One sexy CIA agent + one feisty redhead + one disturbed preschooler + one mentally disturbed stalker + one wealthy millionaire + far too many secrets...
71.9K 3.5K 47
***Complete***Book 3 in a series involving the same group of friends** Andrew Miller had a difficult upbringing and as a result his friends are his f...
198K 5.4K 76
"Why didn't you tell me you like it rough?" Nathan says excitedly as he pulls me on top of him, moving against me without actually entering me. "I ca...