WANTED

By 122empresshelen

( EDITING ) Who pulls the trigger on a mission with their eyes closed? Maybe someone as crazy as me, that was... More

Authors Note
Chapter one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 28

34 1 0
By 122empresshelen

I  haven't heard any news from Matthew in three days, I wanted to worry but told myself that perhaps he was just very busy, there's isn't a day we don't speak to each other, but when I called his brother Derek he told me he haven't heard from him too, he told me it was normal because sometimes when the work load get too much for him, he takes some days away from everyone and everything that could distract him and until he was done with his work he wouldn't come out.

I took the day off from work because I caught a cold and didn't want to be sneezing around at work, I'll just chase all the customers away.

Since the day I met my mother at the grocery store, I haven't been able to go back to buy the remaining things I couldn't get, I wasn't even in the mood to go shopping, I just needed fresh air, I think the beach would do me good.

I went inside my room to get myself ready as I packed everything I would be needing for the beach, my swim suit and mat to lay on, I also packed some snacks, something to snack on while I relax.

As I opened my door to step out, I saw a small box laying in front of my door, not thinking much of it because I know the only person who sends me things like this is Matthew, I picked up the box and open it to see an envelope inside, like seriously, he could just send me a text rather than going old fashion and sending me a letter, I took the envelope and put it in my bag as I continue the walk down the stairs.

I took a cab to the beach and since today wasn't the weekend, it wasn't filled with many people, I took a spot as I placed my mat on the floor and lay on it. I really didn't know why I brought a swim suit because I didn't even plan on swimming.

It felt refreshing to just sit outside under the sun with the sound of the waves.

Remembering Matthew's letter, I go to open it but my phone started ringing distracting me.

Putting it back in my bag, I picked up my phone to see Grace's name flashing on the screen,...."hello, is there a problem Grace?" I asked sounding worried,....."no, no, there's no problem Jenny, I just wanted to know how you were feeling," she said and I could hear the concern in her voice, it's so sweet when people actually care about me.

"Am fine Grace, as I matter of fact am at the beach so you don't have to think I spent all day covered up in my blanket," I said to her as I sat up from my laying position,..."how are things at work? hope the customer are not causing too much trouble?

"It's just the usual, they come make demands and just show you how much money they have and how they think you're below them," she said and I laughed at that, she isn't wrong at all, most of our customers wants you to kiss their feet, just because they think they're more richer than you and you don't belong to their class, it's nothing new,

"Okay, I'll hang up now, I have to go back to work, get well soon and see you when you resume," she said before hanging up.

I stayed in the beach for a short while before packing up my things and heading home.

When I got to my apartment, I made my way straight to my bathroom and took a hot shower, I took time to wash my hair because I haven't given it too much attention because my body had been weak and I was feeling too lazy, after I was done with bathing, I sat down as I took time blowing and combing my hair, when I finished with my hair, I went to my closet to choose something to wear.

Fully dress I made my way to my bed to rest.

I woke up the next morning feeling better than I've felt in the last two days, it actually is true that nature is the best medicine for the soul, maybe I should consider being a female monk, I laughed internally at the thought, I quickly got ready for work as I woke up late, I didn't have time to make breakfast so I just got ready with the intention of getting something to eat at work.

I arrived at work ten minutes late,  I went to check our mails to see if any customers had any complains or there was something they needed, luckily there was no complain, but about six of our customers placed different orders, so I took down the orders and gave them to Grace to see to it that they're picked and delivered.

I carried on with my day forgetting that I haven't had anything to eat until my stomach growled, it was embarrassing, thank God no one was within earshot,

It was already time for my lunch, so I took my bag and made my way out the door to eat lunch in one of the restaurants we had not too far from our store, the road was a little busy so I kept on avoiding bumping into people.

I was about to cross over to the next building when my phone rang, I picked it up without looking at the caller,..."hello," I said as I waited for the caller to speak, but there was just silence, who could it be? I asked my self,..."hello," I said again but still there was no answer, I looked at my phone and saw that the call had been disconnected, I checked the number and it was an unknown number, I scrunch my brows in confusion because I've never been called by that number, I put my phone back in my bag and just as I moved about five steps forward, my phone again rang,

"Hello, how can I help you?" I said to the caller angrily, it was annoying to call someone and not say anything,

"Well, well, aren't you being too rude Cara," at the mention of my real name from the phone number that only people who knew me as Jenny had, my heart sank, I think it did more than that, it stopped beating,

"It's been a really long time, you seem to have been having a good time, did I disturb you? " the voice asked,

"Who are you?" I asked, but I think I already knew that answer even before I asked, there was only one person am running from and there's only one person who would speak to me sounding like that, like finally he got me.

"I think we already know, you know who I am, we don't need introductions do we? by the way, hope you got my note? he asked,

My heart skipped, oh my god! I thought Matthew sent it, I was still carrying the bag from yesterday so I quickly fetched the envelope, still with the phone to my ear, I opened it with shaky hands and the note simply read;

"See you soon Cara."

If only I was more careful I would have seen this yesterday, then I would have been prepared.

I know he was watching me, he didn't have a hold on me yet, so I could make an escape while I still have the chance, but as I turned to make a move,  I heard the the voice say..."if I were you, I wouldn't do that,"  it was like he read my thoughts,  "move one step and you'll have innocent bloods on your hands, you wouldn't like it if bodies start falling dead because of your disobedience, or would you?"

I looked to my left and right and saw busy people just passing going about their business, I didn't want to be responsible for anyone's dead, he could be bluffing which I doubt, but I didn't want to find out, I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt, I could disconnect the call and try to make a run, but what guarantee do I have that I won't be caught even before I make two steps, either ways there was no getting out of this, they found me.

They were watching me, that I was sure of, because as he saw I wasn't making any move to run he spoke,....."wise choice, be a good girl and turn around," I did as he instructed, "look to your left, you'll find a black van," I looked to my left and just like he said there was a black van there, "now slowly walk there, no funny business, you know what happens if you try to act smart," he said as I began  walking towards the van, my heart was beating twenty times more than the normal rate, if not even more, as I got closer to the van, I knew that one way or the order, I wasn't going to make it out alive once I stepped into the van,

But somewhere within me, a new courage just blossomed, I knew that their plan is to see me dead, but if am going down, I won't go down without a fight, they won't see me cry, I will never beg, I will never show them any fear, with that in mind I finally stepped into the van with a smile on my face.

"Did you guys miss me? " I asked with my brows raised, if they were surprised they didn't show,

"Okay so when are you gonna knock me out?" My question was answered as I felt a cloth covered against my nose, they would have just told me they were gonna do it immediately, nothing looked normal again, as the world was spinning before I felt darkness consume me.

When I woke up, things were just not right, not that I was expecting it to be but why did it feel like I was tied.....I gasped as I realized I was being tied upside down, good thing I choose to wear trousers, my hair was handing down and when I looked to my legs, they were chained my hands were also tied.

Well if this is how they planned to kill me, it actually going to work very fast because  it felt like my blood all rushed to my head, not like I expected to be comfortable but this was as uncomfortable as fuck.

I heard the sound of keys like someone was trying to open the door, and it gave me a sense of deja Vu, the time I fell asleep in the plane when I made my escape to London, but this time I wasn't sitting, I was rather hanging.

The person made their way to me as he squat to my level, there was a menacing look on his face but I didn't show any fear, he'll have to do more than that to scare me, even death at the moment didn't scare me.

"For your own sake you better tame that sassy attitude you're planning to show, you wouldn't like what the Don would do to you when he comes down here, the only reason you're still alive is because he plans on dealing with you that even when you beg for death, you won't see it." he said as he looked me in the eyes, I gave him a wink which seems to infuriate him because his little speech was just a waste.

"Should I be scared because your boss is going to skin me alive or maybe set me on fire, or maybe feed me to crocodiles, you know I've actually thought of that, at the end of the day, it all leads to death," I said as I tried to adjust my shoulders because the pain was becoming unbearable.

The man looked at me one last time before shaking his head and standing up, he made his way out of the cell locking the door back.

If I knew my day was going to end up like this I would have at least had something to eat, now I understood why breakfast was considered the most important meal of the day, you never know if you would live to take the next meal.

Sometime later when my head was almost filled with my blood, I heard the cell door being opened, by the way the temperature of the room dropped, I knew the ice king just entered,

"You actually look like a lamb ready for slaughter, I think the only thing left is to start a fire, don't you think so?" I heard the ice cold voice of the same voice that spoke to me on the phone, I was in the room with my number one enemy;

Don Dante Lorenzo.

************************************

Oh no, she's in the dragons claws, what is she going to do now?

I feel like she's a good person, not everyone gives a fuck if someone is being shot as long as they're okay, no one else mattered, but she choose to give herself rather then letting the crazy Don start shooting innocent people because of her.

So the question of the day;

Would you have tried to escape even after being told innocents would die if you make a move?

Let me know your answers.

Thank you all for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269 89 39
A story with plot twists and heart stopping moments guaranteed to keep you wanting more with an ending no one would expect. ...
8.2K 699 6
I will avenge them. My parents. I am so close I can just taste their blood again. -V Valentina is mysterious, nobody knows he...
1.2M 37.6K 48
BOOK 1 MATURE CONTENT 18+ Read at your own risk I slowly lifted the thin long sleeve over her head and she sat up a little in the process to help me...
62 11 11
I watched in amusement as Jacobs already pale face turned greenish. His stupid self thought he was comfortable enough to tell me his sisters real nam...