Dropping The Crown

By MavelineBelle

"Stay away from my son or you'll regret you ever became a maid here." Meet Adani. A beautiful woman, despera... More

Greetings
Chapter 1: Hell At Home
Chapter 2: What Changed?
Chapter 3: What Lies Beneath
Chapter 4: Stuck In The Middle
Chapter 5: Not Alone
Chapter 6: A Friend In Need
Chapter 7: Back In Time
Chapter 8: Confronted
Chapter 9: Riddance
Chapter 10: Everyone Has A Story
Chapter 11: Truth
Chapter 12: At The Starting Line
Chapter 13: The Mother
Chapter 14: For Your Information
Chapter 15: Commands
Chapter 16: Full House
Chapter 17: Rich People Drama
Chapter 18: Penelope
Chapter 19: Outside
Chapter 20: Caution Signs
Chapter 21: Party Woos
Chapter 22: Dress Up
Chapter 23: Territorial
Chapter 24: Adjustment
Chapter 25: Friends
Chapter 26: Touch Of Class
Chapter 27: Atmosphere
Chapter 28: Do We Have A Problem?
Chapter 29: The Drama Is Never Ending
Chapter 30: Shattered
Chapter 31: Walk The Walk
Chapter 32: Blown Away
Chapter 33: Exhale To Inhale
Chapter 34: Weathering Night
Chapter 35: The Influencer
Chapter 36: Step Up
Chapter 37: We Jammin'
Chapter 38: Bliss
Chapter 39: Peace And Pieces
Chapter 40: Over It
Chapter 41: Gala Storm
Chapter 42: Don't Throw It All Away
Chapter 43: You And I
Chapter 44: Last Straw
Chapter 45: Hell Wouldn't Freezeth
Chapter 46: Old Friend
Chapter 48: Without A Doubt
Chapter 49: Webs Of The Past
Chapter 50: No Family Like This
Chapter 51: Acceptance
Chapter 52: The Sister
Chapter 53: Another One?
Chapter 54: Freaky Deaky
Chapter 55: Point Made
Chapter 56: Let's Make Up
Chapter 57: Talk Your Shit!
Chapter 58: Traps
Chapter 59: Hot And Cold Hearts
Chapter 60: Weathering The Storm
Chapter 61: Nobody's Burden
Chapter 62: Blameworthy
Chapter 63: Why You Don't Like Me
Chapter 64: Different Directions
Chapter 65: Let's Share
Chapter 66: Son-Shine
Chapter 67: Unbreakable
Chapter 68: The Day Cometh
Chapter 69: All Of You
Chapter 70: Lion King
DROPPING THE CROWN (Book 2)

Chapter 47: Up Close And Personal

3.7K 220 117
By MavelineBelle

Ricardo's POV

"Sir, with this new and innovative technology, it puts a whole new meaning to the term 'smart cars security'," Falyn, my new marketing assistant informed.

"Elaborate," I responded.

She approached the projector and started the PowerPoint presentation with her team.

"We've designed a technology that would make driving safer, secured and more convenient to the new and experienced drivers. Our cars are our havens when we're on the streets. So, what my team and I have created is a technological car security system what would wow car manufacturers over the world," she said with great enthusiasm.

~
It was Tuesday afternoon and I was at the company brainstorming ways to take PIT to another level.

"Sir, this technology contains senors, camera, body scanner, built in weight measure.."

"Weight measuring, why?" I interrupted.

"For Security reasons. This would be an option for the driver if he or she is comfortable with this method of security, of course. Someone wouldn't be able to start the car if the weight measuring isn't as the driver."

"And what if a car jacking thief weighs the same as the owner of the car?"

"That's where the cameras and scanner comes in. The camera would be discreetly located on the dash. Drivers' recognition would be stored into memory. The camera would go into motion the moment the seat sensor comes on. Seat senor is activated when someone sits in the driver's seat."

"How long after sitting into the seat would this be effective, no one wants to sit in their cars for minutes for a scan."

"That's the brilliance of it, Sir. It doesn't take minutes. It's just seconds because the system would be activated the moment the doors are unlocked. And it would deactivate the moment the driver exits the vehicle."

"What if two persons own and drive the vehicle?"

"There's a main admin menu. This would have the instructions to add another driver to the system."

"What if a teen isn't permitted to drive but wants to add herself or himself to the system without parental permission?"

"Then that teen would need the main admin's fingerprint."

"Ah. So even the system itself is secured. I'm intrigued. Continue."

"There would also be a fingerprint option to start your vehicle. Nobody in this world has the exact same fingerprints and putting in codes are getting outdated. A quick fingerprint to start and even shut down the vehicle can be much more effective."

"What about hot wiring on an old car?" I asked.

"Our system would vault hot wiring. Any interference would cause the car to system lock itself like a vault and only the driver would be able to unlock the car."

"No one has done this before?" I questioned.

"Not like us," Falyn answered with confidence. She was beaming and was basking in this area of marketing, "I've already made contact with several manufacturers and they're interested in having a trial. Once the trial has passed and I know it would, we'll be getting contracts like crazy."

"You really believe in this, Falyn?"

"I do. And I have so many other ideas to make this system even bigger."

After some thinking, I said "You have my full permission to launch."

The team erupted into cheers and loud applauses as they hugged each other and huddled their team leader, Falyn.

~

After the presentation meeting, I headed to my office. On the way there, my secretary approached me.

"Mr. Parriston, there's a visitor to see you. He's in the waiting room area."

I looked at my watch. "I'm not expecting anyone," I stated.

"He claimed you know him and wouldn't hesitate to hear what he has to say, Sir."

"What is his name?"

"Wayan Powercut."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I said with an exhale. I couldn't believe this guy would have the balls to show up at my company and request to see me.

"I can get security," my security said, realizing my mood swing.

"No. It's fine. Direct him to my office," I told her. She nodded and departed and I headed for my office. I sat down in my chair and waited for him to walk through those doors. My curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to know what he had to say.

~

After a minute or two, Wayan stepped in.

"Nice set-up you have here," he started as he looked around.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I think you already know the answer to that question."

"Hmm."

"I want Adani back."

"You don't always get back the people and things you've lost, Wayan, didn't anyone told you that?" I questioned.

"Adani and I are meant to be. She's my better half. You can't just take her away from me."

"I didn't. She left you and then she found me."

"I know guys like you."

"Guys like me?"

"Yeah. Entitled, rich, white guys like you. Always want to swoop in, show-off what you gained and had handed to you from your rich parents or wealthy grandparents. You like stepping into our world and take the few amazing women we have left as if your world doesn't have enough!"

"It amazes me how shallow some men can think. I don't know anything about two different worlds. I know only of one and I'm not going to generalize anything. I'll stick to this situation. Had you treated Adani better, you two might have been married already."

"You don't know what you're talking about. I treated her like her roses."

"You treated her like the dirt. I saw her face when we first met. She was beaten and battered. Men like you shouldn't have women in your lives."

"Who do you think you're talking to!?" his voice rose.

"A fucking coward!" I matched his tone and stood up.

"Watch your mouth. I didn't come in here to get educated by the likes of you, slave master."

"Aren't you ashame of yourself, Wayan? Your ex had to run away from the home she once shared with you just to get her freedom, and you have the nerve to call me a slave master."

"Adani didn't have to run away. She met bad company and they encouraged her to leave me but I'm not going to rest until Adani is back home with me. It's where she belongs."

"That's not up to you. She's a grown woman and she has been making her own decisions."

"What is it that you want from her? You can't possibly love her. I'm sure you've never said those words to her. White men and black women relationships are bounded to fail. It's not meant to be. It should never be!"

"What did she see in you?"

"A man. A king. That's what she saw."

"An illusion. You're none of those."

"Oh, so you're going to treat her better, you're going to propose and marry her and give her children and a family, are you going to do all those things?"

"Yes."

"Bullshit. You don't know shit about Adani. What's her favorite color and why, her favorite food, the color she dislikes the most and why she dislikes it, her favorite place to escape to, her favorite singer?"

"Her favorite color is black because it's not really a color. It's a shade. Her favorite food is lasagna. She dislikes green because it doesn't compliment her complexion, her favorite place to escape to is the beach and her favorite singer is a rapper, Nicki Minaj. Any other questions about my girlfriend?" I asked, folding my arms.

Wayan was furious. His hands balled into fist and his breathing increased.

I wish you would.

"Sooner or later, your money, your big houses, your name, it wouldn't mean shit to her. She'll find her way into my arms like she always do. Enjoy while it lasts."

He walked out of the room.

~
He was right about one thing. I've never told Adani I've loved her. And he left me wondering if Adani had left him before but went back to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 106K 51
Zenia Blackman had a deep dark secret, which caused her to be fearful of falling in love. But there was one guy who was determined to make her fall...
2.2K 207 29
❝I called and texted but you never responded, you didn't care about me and how I felt when you left. I was in pain and you weren't there❞, my words q...
380K 22.4K 29
" Let's get this straight. You're willing to pay me one million dollars every month?" "Yes. For every month. For one year." _______________ Sacha R...
273K 9K 52
When a beautiful African girl just starting her adulthood is kidnapped from her country and sold off to the Mafia, her life does a full 360. Will she...