Still falling for you

By BinJinFF

What happens when two people from completely different worlds fall in love? Seri is a wealthy, impulsive woma... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1: Fire and Ice
Chapter 2: Your Heart Got a Story With Mine
Chapter 3: Choi Jun Seo
Chapter 4: Your heart got me feeling so fine
Chapter 5: Your heart got me hurting at times
Chapter 6: I'm in
Chapter 7: I'm in - 2
Chapter 8: No one can lift me the way that you do
Chapter 9: This love is like rain and blue skies
Chapter 10: Love you like this
Chapter 12: You are all for me
Chapter 13: With love on the line
Chapter 14: With love on the line 2
Chapter 15: Falling, crash into my arms
Chapter 16: And just like that
Chapter 17: Falling, crash into my arms 2
Chapter 18: All I feel
Chapter 19: With love on the line 3
Chapter 20: All I feel is you
Chapter 21: Catch me the way that you do
Chapter 22: Never Let Go
Chapter 23: And just like that 2
Chapter 24: What if we both would need more

Chapter 11: With every breath a new day

802 48 11
By BinJinFF

Hello Guys!! I am back with the new chapter. 

I wrote around 2 extra chapters without noticing 🤣.

This chapter is pretty healing as we explore Seri's past from her point of view.

I recommend you reread Choi Jun Seo's chapter, as I have made some changes that are important to the flow of the story, and are related to this chapter. 

Initially, I was debating whether to make Jun Seo's character a bit 'forgivable', or just make him look like the bad guy in the story. After writing this chapter and the next one, I have made my decision to go with the second option. 

I hope you will enjoy this chapter.

Thank you so much for your votes and comments.💕💕💕💕

.

.

.

As if he had known the family for years, Ri Jeong Hyeok blended well with everyone in the household. He managed to charm the family, specifically the elders.

It was lunchtime and everyone headed toward the prepared table. After Seri's recommendation, Ri Jeong Hyeok was in charge of the grilling. He was a natural when it came to barbecue.

"Son, leave the grill. You haven't eaten anything yet. Seung Joon can handle the rest" Seung Joon's father commented and Seung Joon nodded extending his hand to take the clipper, however, Jeong Hyeok refused. 

"It's fine Abeoji. I am ok. I am eating."

What no one noticed or better say chose to ignore was that Seri was the one feeding Jeong Hyeok the whole time while he was taking care of the bbq.

Seo Dan noticed the exchange between the couple and smiled inwardly. Seri didn't stop talking at the table, but at the same time, she was keeping an eye on Jeong Hyeok and taking care of him. Whenever she saw that he swallowed his bite, she would feed him. She was taking good care of him.

Seo Dan was grateful that none of the family members decided to comment on anything and treated the whole thing normally. Jeong Hyeok didn't look like the type of person who enjoyed attention.

.

.

.

After lunch, Seung Joon and Joo Meok took advantage of the fact that their girlfriends and Seri weren't around. They searched for Jeong Hyeok and found him getting ready to leave.

"Are you going somewhere?" Joo Meok asked.

Turning toward them, a bit startled at their sudden appearance, he said, "Ahh Yes. I have a few things to take care of. I have already informed Eomeonim and Abeonim that I am leaving."

He didn't know why but seeing them like that made him nervous.

When the two, Seung Joon and Joo Meok, heard approaching footsteps, their eyes widened glancing at each other and then at a confused Jeong Hyeok in front of them.

"Bring our jackets and slippers quickly," Joo Meok ordered Seung Joon then pushed Jeong Hyeok outside the house with him. Seung Joon who picked up the jackets and the outdoor slippers hastily followed them in tow.

The two men took Jeong Hyeok to the back of the house.

What's with this family and them pushing him to that area? He thought

"What... what is happening?" a startled Jeong Hyeok asked while being dragged to the backyard.

"Where do we go?" Joo Meok asked ignoring Jeong Hyeok's question. He then took the jacket from his friend and wore it commenting on how cold it is. "Oh, it's cold"

"There." Seung Joon pointed at the small garage-come-workshop next to the main house.

The place would do. The two men nodded and ushered a very confused Jeong Hyeok to the destination in mind.

"Please, sit down Jeong Hyeok" Joo Meok got him a foldable chair and placed it in the middle of the open area.

Jeong Hyeok didn't have any other choice except to follow their orders and wait for them to tell him what was going on.

Are they planning on killing me or something? Jeong Hyeok's eyes widened at that thought. He looked from Seung Joon to Joo Meok and then back at Seung Joon. They wouldn't do it. OR WOULD THEY?! He panicked.

He thought they were happy with him, and that Joo Meok was his friend. What happened now?

The two were standing, arms crossed, in front of their friend's boyfriend staring at him with an intensity that can make anyone fidget in their place. Their look told him that if it was up to them, they would have tied him down to the chair by now.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"You might do that in the future" Seung Joon replied confusing Jeong Hyeok more.

"That's why you are here"

"I... I don't get it" a puzzled Jeong Hyeok replied.

Seung Joon stood behind Jeong Hyeok's chair grabbing the latter's shoulders tightly causing him to wince in pain.

"So now you and Seri are officially together" Seung Joon stated still squeezing Jeong Hyeok's shoulders making the man nod directly.

"We have known Seri since we were kids. We literally grew up together. Even though she doesn't like to admit it, we are like her elder brothers. We would go to any length to protect her. Seri has been through a lot in her life which made us even more protective of her. As you saw, she is the most precious person in our family. Anyone who hurts her will have to face us." Seung Joon said seriously and finally, Jeong Hyeok understood what all of that was about.

Joo Meok continued, "She might look like someone who is a bit indifferent, but I am pretty sure you know by now that she is nothing like that. She is the softest and most endearing person you will ever meet. She is not as strong emotionally as she portrays herself to be. She needs someone to be her pillar. To be with her when shit happens in the name of her family. To love her and trust her. To take care of her because when it comes to her wellbeing, she is the most careless person to ever exist." 

"Seri can be a bit stubborn and a bit difficult to deal with, but we know you are the only one who knows how to put up with her. Trust me we saw how she is the happiest when she is around you. I have never seen Seri that carefree in a very long time."

Seung Joon then took over "Nothing should harm her. You have to protect her with your everything. If anything happens to her, you will find us there, in front of you, ready to fight for her. I will say this once and for all." He gave Jeong Hyeok a hard stare, which was returned by another nervous nod. "We are glad that she met someone like you. You are perfect for her, so don't disappoint her, and don't disappoint us. My parents liked you and they will trust you with Seri."

"Take care of her and love her. She will give you endlessly even if you show her the slightest amount of care." If Jeong Hyeok was not mistaken, he saw Joo Meok turning around and wiping his eyes.

After he noticed that Seung Joon and Joo Meok stopped talking to give him a chance to say something, he cleared his throat and said earnestly, trying to convey his true intentions. "The moment Seri entered my life, I knew that I want something more with her. I knew that I want a future with her. The whole package. Love, a relationship, marriage, children, family, and everything that comes on the way. She is and will always be my life. I will do anything to make her happy. She is so important to me that thinking of causing her pain, or even worse, leaving her, suffocates me. I will never take what we have for granted, and I will try my best to make Seri happy.

And Meeting everyone today and seeing how everyone loved Seri and took care of her, made me want to be a better person for her. I promise you I will try my best to do so. I know trust should be earned, but I am going to ask you to give me chance to build your trust. I will never harm Seri in any way."

Seung Joon and Joo Meok took a few moments to register what Jeong Hyeok said, then they both smiled and tapped his shoulders appreciating whatever he said. So far, he was great, that's why they decided to put their trust in him to look out for Seri.

"Hyung." Joo Meok said out of nowhere. Jeong Hyeok thought that he was addressing Seung Joon, but the glance at him told him otherwise.

"Joo Meok ssi, I am younger" Jeong Hyeok replied nervously to which Joo Meok scoffed.

"Call me Hyung from now on" Joo Meok explained taking Jeong Hyeok by surprise, and as if this wasn't enough, Seung Joon also asked him to do the same.

Jeong Hyeok looked between the two friends quickly asking them if they were sure, and both nodded in return.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, inside the house and specifically in Seri's room, the girls were having their girls' time.

The three ladies were sitting on the bed. Seri in the middle and Min So and Seo Dan on each side. Both were looking at Seri in anticipation while the latter was alternating between looking at them and at the suddenly interesting ceiling of hers.

"Come on tell us. Why didn't you come home yesterday? Where did you stay?"

"I was with Jeong Hyeok."

The girls squealed in excitement slapping each other's hands.

"And what did you do?" Seo Dan asked curiously.

"Yaa! what would we do? Like what all couples do. We spent some time together" She was trying so hard to hide her blush

"Why are you getting flustered?" Min So the minx, Seri thought. 

"I am not. You both are asking silly questions" Seri answered while stuttering.

"Couples do a lot of stuff. Come on spit it out." Seo Dan wasn't going to back down this time.

"I am not telling you anything"

"Come on unnie tell us" Min So urged her. "It is the first time we see you like that"

"Like what?" Seri gave a confused look.

Min So and Seo Dan looked at each other and chuckled pursing their lips. Their friend was so in love she wouldn't notice the change, but they did. 

Seri who would forget she had a phone, was now attached to it like a magnet. Her disappearances increased remarkably. The picky princess has a favorite restaurant now. Seri who would barely let people in her life was now friends with all of Jeong Hyeok's friends and brothers.

"You are in love darling" Seo Dan replied.

"I don't know what that means. I am going to get ready" Seri tried dismissing the whole topic, but Seo Dan was faster. She grabbed Seri's arm and made her stay in her place.

"Nope that's not an option. You will tell us at least if you both did it"

Seri's jaw dropped while Min So giggled. "Yaa! I am not going to tell you that" She replied blushing heavily.

"It has been what? a month since you two started dating officially?"

Seri nodded apprehensively.

"So... Was it the first time yesterday?"

"Dani. My lovely friend" Seri paused for a second just for suspense "I am not going to tell you"

"I am going to take it personally" Seo Dan warned.

"I didn't do that when you started dating Joon" then she looked at Min So and said "Or when you started dating Joo Meok" Seri retorted back trying to defend herself.

"Of course, you won't. We weren't that close."

"Even if we were, I won't ask if you slept with your boyfriend or not" Seri gagged at the unwanted images.

"Babe, we live together in Switzerland, what do you expect?" Seo Dan asked as a matter of fact.

"Please don't. I don't want you corrupting my mind" Seri begged. "And you, not a word about Joo Meok" Seri stopped Min So when she saw the mischievous glint in the latter's eyes.

"Then give us something. How is Ri Jeong Hyeok ssi as a boyfriend? We don't get to see him a lot." Min So tried to go with a different approach.

"He is the most wonderful man I have ever met." Seri said dreamily. "Being with him is like living a dream. It wasn't a fairytale for us at the beginning, but now it is more than that... It is real"

"Tell us more" Now this grabbed Seo Dan and Min So's interest.

"Even if our relationship is nowhere near perfect, for us being together and facing everything with each other, whether it is good or bad, is enough. Jeong Hyeok has become an integral part of my life. I just can't imagine my life without him anymore, and I can't remember how it was before he came into it."

"Isn't he a bit intimidating though?" Min So who didn't interact much with Jeong Hyeok asked making Seri and Seo Dan chuckle lightly.

"He might look like it, true, but give him some time. When you get to know him more you will find out he is nothing close to intimidating." Seri giggled.

"That's just for you honey." Seo Dan informed Seri surprising her.

"What? You still see him like that?"

"It's his personality"

"Joo Meok doesn't see him like that"

"Are you sure about that?" Seo Dan challenged.

"Yaaa he is not like that. He is the sweetest guy any girl can ask for. Very gentle and caring. He always makes me laugh. He is a lot like me." Seri tried defending her boyfriend

"Like you?"

"Unnie you are very vibrant. You like to joke around. You are very adventurous. He is very calm, and he looks stiff and upright."

"He is the one responsible for the 'fun' between us" Seri revealed shocking Min So and Seo Dan "I love that even though he is the calmest person on earth, he is also the most unpredictable. He might look passive or intimidating, but he is the most attentive. He knows me really well. He knows what makes me happy and what I like. I am like an open book to him"

"That's dangerous." Seo Dan said warning her friend "You should always have something mysterious about you"

"It's really not something I would want to do. If we are not true to ourselves and to each other, then how are we going to understand one another? I am not a mystery that he has to uncover. Like I expect him to be clear with me, I must do the same. I am an open book to him, and he is also the same to me."

Seo Dan and Min So were amazed by Seri's reply. That's a new side of their friend.

"What did you like the most about him when you first met?" Min So asked

"At first, I couldn't really approach him, but the first night we went out together was the most magical night for me. I knew then and there that he was different from the men in our circle who care only about looks, status, and business partners. I felt and still feel like I can breathe freely around him. I can be myself. He didn't care about my status or who I am. Even after I gave him a hard time and treated him badly after our night together, he didn't give up, he gave us another chance."

"What about now? What do you like the most?"

Seri thought for a bit. She couldn't really point out anything. She loved each and every moment of her life with Jeong Hyeok

"Hmm. Honestly, everything. He really cares about our relationship. He was the one who wanted to meet everyone. He left everything in Seoul to celebrate Christmas together here. He plans most of our date nights. He calls or texts every 2 hours to remind me to take a break or to have lunch when I am at work. When things get stressful, he is always there to calm me down. He is very supportive of everything I do. When I told him yesterday about my decision to return to Queens, I saw how happy he was for me. He kept on assuring me that he will support anything I do as long as I am happy with it and I don't neglect my health because of it."

Seri's mind went back to the night before...

The night before

The kiss ignited the feelings they had ignored a few days ago after the car incident. What started as an innocent night, might not have finished like that.

Jeong Hyeok wrapped his arms around Seri and turned them around making Seri lay on the bed with half of his body on top of hers. They both were leisurely kissing enjoying each other's warm and soft lips. 

Jeong Hyeok started sucking on her lower lip, and she kissed him with equal passion, biting his upper lip and sucking on it to ease the pain after that. He nudged her lower lip with his tongue asking for entry and Seri gladly parted her lips for him.

Like their lips, their bodies were pressed against each other, feeling each and every single part of one another. He didn't know how or when he moved all his form over his girlfriend's delicate one supporting his weight with his arms to avoid crushing her, but he found himself unconsciously enjoying the feeling of having her in his arms like that, pressed against him.

It was the moment when they both knew it was time to move their relationship to the next level... or at least that's what they thought.

He broke the kiss leaving them both panting from the mind-blowing make-out session they had and moved downwards towards her neck.

.

.

.

Feeling his warm breath on her neck and his hardened self on her lower abdomen, triggered some unwanted memories that she buried deep inside. 

Seri began hyperventilating. 

At first, Jeong Hyeok thought that she was breathing heavily because of the kiss, so he placed his lips on the base of her neck kissing her tenderly there, but the moment he felt her hold his arms tightly pushing him away, he froze in his place.

"No, No, please not today." Seri whispered.

Hearing that, Jeong Hyeok pulled his head up to glance at her and what he saw made him fall back in shock... his face paled.

Seri's eyes were squeezed shut, she was shivering in her place, her face was ashen, and she was breathing heavily.

When she felt Jeong Hyeok move back, she brought her hands to her front and turned to the side bringing herself to a fetal position and burying herself in the mattress, as if protecting herself from the memories that were running in her head.

Jeong Hyeok started panicking. "Seri-ah, love, are you ok?"

He didn't know if he should touch her or just call out her name until she snaps out of her current state. 

He needed her to know that it was him with her and no one else. So, he slowly came closer to her and placed his hand gently on her shoulder calling her name.

"Seri-ah, love, please open your eyes, it's me, your Jeong Hyeok-ah"

He saw Seri's jaw clench and her whole body shivering more if that was even possible.

"I am tired. Please don't let him come closer" she cried.

She looked so vulnerable that Jeong Hyeok's tears started rolling down his face. He couldn't tolerate seeing her like that. He caressed the back of her head softly and urged her to open her eyes. "Baby. Open your eyes, please. Do it for me. I am right here beside you. There's nothing to be afraid of. No one can harm you when I am with you."

"I am scared if I open my eyes, everything I love will vanish, and I will go back to the nightmare I was living." Seri said through her sobs.

"If you open your eyes, you will see your Jeong Hyeok beside you. The person who would never hurt you. The person who loves you the most."

Seri wept softly, her eyes still shut, and still hugging herself tightly.

He wiped his tears with the back of his hand and said "Baby, give me your hand, feel me, feel that I am here next to you, and what we are living now is real."

Thankfully, when he placed his hand gently on her clenched fist and whispered, Seri's sobbing quietened down a bit 

"I am here" he whispered.

The moment Seri felt his touch, she held his hand and squeezed it tightly.

He didn't care about the numbness he felt because of Seri's stronghold. He just wanted her to come back to him. "Can you feel my hand?"

Seri nodded quickly.

"This hand won't leave you no matter what. I will hold you like that forever." He caressed her head with his other hand wanting her to feel him on different parts of her body.

"I am here shhh" He whispered softly.

With one hand still holding hers and the other hand still caressing her head, he said encouragingly "Ok Jagi, let's open our eyes slowly. I am here with you. Let's face what is real"

Seri did as she was told. She opened her eyes and saw the one person she needed the most in front of her.

Relief rushed over her full form. She looked at him remorsefully and started sobbing her heart out.

Jeong Hyeok stopped her from saying anything, he grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I am sorry. I promised you that I will wait until you are ready. I shouldn't have pressured you. I know better than that." Jeong Hyeok kissed the top of her head. He sounded miserable. He was mad at himself for losing control when he knew how sensitive she was.

Seri shook her head "No... you didn't do anything wrong. I don't know what happened. I ... I thought I was ready" She explained through her sobs.

"I said that we have to talk before that, but I..."

"I hate him" Seri interrupted. Her confession took Jeong Hyeok by surprise. He figured out whom she was talking about, so he didn't ask any questions giving her the space she needed to let it out.

"It has been a while since I was with someone this intimately. After Jun Seo, I just couldn't bring myself to be with anyone. He ruined me. I couldn't tell anyone about what he did. I was so embarrassed to do so, I buried everything inside me, and I had to tolerate the dirtbag alone. I said no multiple times, but he didn't listen. I am not weak, but he was terrifying. I tried to do something, but he drained me to an extent that I couldn't fight back, to move him away, to get rid of him. He was much stronger than I was, mentally and physically. Every time he felt insecure, I used to pay the price. I saw it in his eyes, he was this close to harming me." Seri said remembering the times she told him she wanted to break up, and every time she talked to a man how he turned into a hysterical monster.

"I surrendered myself to him, and I felt like dirt every single time. I used to faint from the pain, and he wouldn't care." Seri cried harder remembering the nightmares she lived with Jun Seo.

"I was weak" Seri blamed herself "and I hate myself for being like that. When I was with him a lot of thoughts came to my mind. I just wanted to put an end to everything." Jeong Hyeok closed his eyes and tightened his hold on Seri understanding what she meant.

"I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I thought that this was the end for me. On the day that I was going to take matters into my own hands, my secretary at Queens had finally found something against Jun Seo and called me to inform me about that. 

I got to know the whole truth about his deal with my brother and his dirty business. 

On that day, I felt like I had hope. I gathered strength and decided to do something with the documents I had against him and to tell Joo Meok everything, so I went to Seri's choice, but Jun Seo was already there, and the moment I saw him, the petrifying feeling came rushing back. 

The first thing that came to my mind was, if Joo Meok was there and I took this opportunity to break up with him, he can't do anything. The fear stopped me from mentioning anything about his obsessive behavior, saying anything about his illegal business, and telling Joo Meok about what he has done. I just wanted to take advantage of something to get rid of him. For the first time in my life, I felt I needed someone to protect me. Joo Meok was my only resort. He gave me strength." Seri paused. Jeong Hyeok was hugging her tightly and crying silently, he didn't say anything, waiting for her to let it all out.

"I slapped him hard this day, and I faced him." Seri calmed down a bit remembering how she got rid of him.

Jeong Hyeok's tears didn't stop, he shut his eyes again and smiled slightly but this time his expression said that he was proud of her.

"I had nightmares for a really long time. Since then I couldn't let anyone close to me. I dreaded dating anyone, any touch from any man would terrify me, and the fact that he kept roaming around me, didn't help either. He tried to get back at me by being violent, but with time I learned to bury my fear and the things I passed through deep in my mind. I was able to bring my strong self in front of him even when I was frightened from the inside. I was able to defend myself. He kept on lingering around me and sending his men behind me, but he never dared to lay a hand on me again, until the day he saw us together."

"I am sorry I wasn't completely honest with you about what happened. I didn't want to bring it up. After we got together, I decided not to let him affect my life anymore." Seri paused for a second and then continued, "Today I thought I was ready. I thought that I managed to forget everything. I am sorry." 

Seri buried herself more into Jeong Hyeok's embrace. "After the last time we were together in Seoul, I was so excited for the day that we will finally bare our souls to each other. I still am, believe me. But when the moment has finally come, everything from the past flashed in front of me. I am so sorry." Seri apologized again and Jeong Hyeok heard her frustration and shame.

The fact that Jeong Hyeok hadn't said a word worried Seri a bit. She thought that he might be disappointed with her, but his tight hold on her put her at some ease.

"Love" Jeong Hyeok has finally spoken swallowing his tears. "If you weren't strong enough, you wouldn't have been right here, with me. You wouldn't have been able to fight back. It took you some time to gain courage, but that's because he was an important person in your life. Don't call yourself weak cause you are far from that. Needing someone beside doesn't mean you are weak. I am so proud of you for fighting and standing up against him. I am so proud of you because you were able to defeat him and you didn't surrender to your deep thoughts. Getting over what happened to you is not easy. Even if years have passed, I understand that you might have moments where everything will come rushing back, or you can get triggered by anything that leads to remembering every single bad memory." 

After a short pause, he continued "I just want you to tell me when this happens, I want you to let it out. Over the years you might have learned a lot from this horrible phase in your life, but I know that you still keep things to yourself no matter how big they are, especially things related to Jun Seo. Asking for help is not something to be ashamed of, especially when it comes to matters like these. Joo Meok and Seung Joon would always be there for you, and now I am also there for you. Your family has your back. 

Seri-ah, today you asked me to take it easy and share my responsibilities with my brother. I want to ask you to do something similar. Love, you are a human too, so don't just take everything in. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you are able to trust me enough to tell me what happened. I don't want you to shut yourself out again. I want to hear all about your worries. I want to know if someone bothered you or if someone hurt you. Jun Seo has done a lot of damage and none of your family members know what you have passed through. You shouldn't be embarrassed about what happened, you didn't do anything wrong, he is the sick person, and he is the one who should be held accountable.

I love you and I am here for you. Never apologize for what you passed through. I can wait forever for you. Take as much time as you need, that's not important to me. I am with you, and we are together forever in this. I am happy and satisfied with what we have right now."

Seri couldn't control her tears, how did she get so lucky? She nodded and placed a kiss on his chest conveying her gratitude. "I have never expected that I will be able to come close to someone ever again, but then you came into my life, and it just felt natural. You broke all the walls I have built. I trust you with everything that I have. Thank you for understanding" 

"Give me some time please I just don't want it to be sudden. I think if I prepare myself mentally, I would be ready."

"You take all the time you need Love. This doesn't matter right now. Your well-being is my top priority." 

It was such an emotional moment the couple cried in each other's arms. One cried because his heart broke about what his love passed through, and the other cried because she thought she didn't deserve the man in her arms.

Seri decided to tell him about her decision. Now was the best time to tell him.

She broke the hug and sat in front of him wiping hers and his tears.

"I have decided to go back to Queens and take the chairwoman position my father offered."

This was a surprise for Jeong Hyeok. His eyes widened in shock smiling proudly. She finally decided to go back and take what is rightfully hers. He knew how much this meant for her and how much courage she had to build to take this decision. He was so excited for her.

Jeong Hyeok grabbed both her hands and looked her straight in the eyes saying, "That's one of the best decisions you might make. I will support you in any decision you take. But love your health comes first, remember that. You are a workaholic." 

Jeong Hyeok succeeded in lightening up the mood with his last statement. Seri laughed and assured him that as long as she has him, she doesn't have to worry about her health "You are always there to remind me not to get pulled away by work"

Jeong Hyeok kissed both her hands earnestly conveying the unsaid promise that he would always be there for her.

"I have also talked with my lawyer before we came here. I showed him all the papers and evidence we have on Jun Seo and Se Hyung. He is reviewing them now. Se Hyung is worse than Jun Seo. I can expose whatever shit both are doing together. I won't let my brother destroy my father's hard work and take over Queens just to cover up his dirty business."

"That's great Jagiya, but If your brother goes to jail, it will impact Queens group a lot. Even though he is not the chairman, he is still one of the board members and the son of the chairman. Are you and your family ready to face that?"

"I must talk to my father and mother about that." Seri looked down avoiding his gaze until she felt him hold her hands.

"Even if you expose your brother, you are still not sure if your parents will stand by your side." Jeong Hyeok wasn't asking, he was stating her fears.

Seri nodded, her eyes getting a bit damp.

"They will do that. I don't trust them that much. My brothers and mother are too much to handle. They drain me." Seri had finally confessed. It was her first time telling anyone how much her brothers' and mother's actions affect her. 

"I always try to hide how much hurt they cause me, but it always tears me up from inside whenever I discover that they did something to harm me. They would never treat anyone, not even a stranger, the way they treat me. They hate me that much." Seri's tears began to gather in her eyes.

"I don't want them to get into my head, but it is difficult." Saying the last word, Seri bent her head down, it was hard for her to admit that.

Jeong Hyeok swiftly cupped her face and made her look at him again. He wiped her tears and told her in a very soft but firm voice, "You are doing good. Say it out loud. There's nothing wrong in admitting that something is taking a toll on you. You are a human too. You have feelings." Jeong Hyeok reassured her and reminded her once again to let it out.

"You have a good heart. You care about your family. I know that you have never lost hope in them. Whenever they do something bad, you get disappointed because you have always believed that they will turn into good people soon. I know that."

"How did you..." Seri looked at him shocked. She always showed that she didn't care about her real family. No one knew what was going on deep in her heart.

"You are a good person Seri-ah. You always see the best in people, especially in the people you love... your people. Your family falls into this category. You still believe in them. I don't want you to lose that hope. Cause I know the moment this happens. They will lose you forever. You won't go back to them. I don't want you to lose any of your families."

Her first family included her friends and Seung Joon's parents, but Jeong Hyeok didn't want her to lose her other family too. She deserved to have both and to get love from both sides.

Whatever Jeong Hyeok said was true, Seri thought. She would give millions of chances, but like any other person, Seri has a limit, and if her family crossed that, then she would never look back at them again.

"They are not the best family out there not even passing the good margin, but you have been doing great so far. You stood up for yourself. You reached places none of your brothers would reach. You have never disrespected your parents even though they were so unfair to you." He paused for a second and then continued. "If you can't stop your family's actions. I want you to come to me and cry in my arms letting everything out. You are always there for me, and I am always there for you too. Ok?"

Seri nodded and scoffed wiping her tears. "I am sorry I might have ruined the mood today with my problems."

"Love what did we just say? You can say whatever you want, at any time you want. To hell with the romantic mood if you are not happy from the inside." He placed his hand directly above her heart. "We are not together just for the sake of it or just for having candlelight dinners and dates. We are in it for all the good and the bad."

"I have so much in my life. I don't want to burden you."

"We both have mounts of problems, and We don't have the perfect pasts. There's no problem in sharing them. I have never expected you to have a life filled with fairytales and unicorns and all that rubbish."

"I don't want you to get bored with my problems"

"Do you get annoyed by mine?"

"NO NEVER" Seri directly defended.

"Exactly. you'll get the same reaction from me if you ask me the same question. Jagi let me tell you something" he brought her closer to him and placed her head on his chest letting her listen to his heartbeat.

"I have never felt a dull moment with you since I met you" he kissed the top of her head. "Do you know what's the first thing that comes to my mind when your name is mentioned?"

Seri shook her head sideways.

"Serendipity"

Seri gave him a questioning look. Why this word specifically?

"I don't know if it is luck or fate that made us meet and fall in love. But I truly believe that you are my destiny. Life would have taken us in different directions, but we would have met each other one way or another, and I would have fallen for you just like I did now."

"And I would have done the same too. I would have fallen for you just like I did. I want to fall in love with you in this life and in all other lives."

Back to the present...

"You seem like you have been in a relationship for ages." Seo Dan commented breaking Seri's thoughts.

"It is just that I trust him with everything I have. I never thought that I will meet someone like Jeong Hyeok. At first, I thought it will take me more time to trust him and open up, but everything came naturally, and I honestly can't figure out how that happened."

"It is true love" Seo Dan smiled whole-heartedly. She was so happy for her friend.

"Wow, you are long gone Unnie." Min So teased.

.

.

.

End of Chapter :)

Hope you enjoyed it. 💕💕💕

This chapter is really important to explain Seri's past from her point of view. I hope I was able to deliver that properly.

The next chapter is ready, I just need to read it again. 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 131 1
"Next year, the year after that, and even the one after that will all be good. Because I'll be thinking about you. I'll be grateful that you were bor...
593K 20.2K 100
What lies ahead for Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri after reuniting at Grindelwald, Switzerland? Overwhelming emotions, longing and newfound freedom to...
14.3K 989 18
Seri discovered a secret from her husband, decided to take revenge but only leads to another misery Ri Jeong Hyuk unknowingly helped in aiding more m...
26.8K 1.5K 11
Book 1 of The Carpe Saga [This story is canon-divergent and contains mature content. Also on AO3.] In 2012, Se Ri traveled overseas to end her life...