Hourglass: Invisible || NOMIN...

Oleh byJianLucas

"I'm fooled by your voice." - Jaemin. First season. Started: January 09, 2022. Completed: April 14, 2024. |NC... Lebih Banyak

The Protagonists
Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Start
Chapter 2: Mysterious Subject
Chapter 3: Questions In The Air
Chapter 4: Challenges & Inquiries
Chapter 5: The Newest Ally
Chapter 6: Odd Intentions
Chapter 7: New Goals
Chapter 8: Beyond The Case
Chapter 10: Not Official
Chapter 11: Unheard Stories
Chapter 12: Shutting You Out
Chapter 13: Wicked Attraction
Chapter 14: Acting With Heart
Chapter 15: Subtle Changes
Chapter 16: Still Unsure
Chapter 17: Be Your Shield
Chapter 18: More Than A Feeling
Chapter 19: Resolved Inquiries
Chapter 20: Not Alone
Chapter 21: Realization
Chapter 22: Booming Danger
Chapter 23: Saftey Warnings
Chapter 24: Reviving Traumas
Chapter 25: Misleading Image
Chapter 26: The Last Dispute
Chapter 27: Can't Fool Me
Chapter 28: Inconsistent Inkling
Chapter 29: Stand By; Investigation On Hold

Chapter 9: Side Effects

30 2 0
Oleh byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

JAEMIN

I stopped as soon as I saw Professor Larsen up close from two stairs above his position. Intently, I reviewed his surroundings and saw him knocking on a door with a sign above it, spelling "System & Control room." Immediately, I took out my phone and snapped a photo of the moment. Yet, Jeno's steps captured my attention, causing me to get distracted and miss Larsen's moves. – He stepped backward, looking confused and alarmed.

"It's over!" I thought.

My eyes grew after seeing Professor Larsen's reaction. Yet, Jeno acted quickly; he grabbed my hand and immediately took us out of the emergency stairs. Fortunately, we went through another door, and after looking around, I realized we were at the parking area within the building.

-You almost got caught! – Jeno earnestly scolded me, causing me to look at him, surprised.

-You ran loudly toward me! So, it is your fault too. – I pointed out, upset.

-I wouldn't have done such a thing if you had listened to me! – Jeno stated while looking at me in disbelief.

-I told you I had everything under control, but you decided to stay. So, don't try to blame everything on me! – I angrily told Jeno.

-You acted recklessly! So, undoubtedly, you are at fault! – Jeno soberly expressed.

After Jeno spoke, I stood silent upon hearing people talking nearby. Soon, Jeno noticed the same noise; hence, we moved to the side and hid behind the closest wall. Yet, we weren't well hidden, and when we realized the current situation the door opened.

I looked beside me, peeking through the wall cautiously. Then, I saw people speaking: Larsen and someone else. That person is giving us their back; hence, it's hard to identify Larsen's colleague.

-Thanks for the job. I'll send you half of the payment once I get the money. – Larsen told the mysterious person.

-Thanks, Sir. I'll wait for further instructions. – I heard the person's voice.

-It's a student. – I deduced by his voice and told Jeno before glancing at him.

-Give me your phone. – Jeno told me.

-Why? – I asked, confused.

-It's the quickest to grab. So, hand it over! – Jeno ordered.

I rolled my eyes and gave my phone to Jeno. Immediately, he started to take pictures of Professor Larsen and the mysterious student. – I didn't realize Jeno's position until seeing the angle he has to take the perfect shot. He's before me, standing close but still, leaving space between us to move freely.

"I never saw him from here," I thought.

Unconsciously, I became numb, lost in Jeno's presence. But shortly, I shook my head and tried to focus on reality. It was the perfect timing since Jeno gave me the phone back.

-Don't lose the evidence! – Jeno earnestly told me.

-I know what to do. – I annoyedly stated before placing my phone away.

-After today, I don't think you are thinking straight. – Jeno pointed out, causing me to clench my jaw.

-You—

I wanted to answer back to Jeno, but before I could speak, I heard Professor Larsen saying goodbye to the mysterious student.

-Go to class and don't get caught. – Professor Larsen spoke.

-Yes! Thank you! – The student replied before the door opened and closed.

-Larsen is coming this way! – Jeno frantically said before hiding more against the wall, causing us to be closer to one another.

-Relax! Pretend to be doing something else. – I told Jeno, causing him to look at me. Suddenly, he nodded before holding my hip with his right hand while his left hand rested on my cheek. My eyes widened, and my heartbeat fastened as I soon felt Jeno's lips on mine.

Jeno went in once. Twice. He kept making out with my fixated lips. – I didn't know what to do. My brain and heart were going insane. However, when I heard Professor Larsen's steps, I automatically gave in and kissed Jeno back. We started to make out with open-mouthed kisses and breathless suggestive movements. It didn't feel like a staged situation anymore. After a few more kisses, I heard Jeno's fast breathing before his hands changed position. Now, he held my hips closer while caressing the back of my head. – We didn't notice, but Larsen saw us and walked away.

-J-Jeno, he's gone. – I breathlessly said while getting away from Jeno, who continued to kiss me. Still, he held my face between his hands once he stopped, causing me to look down shyly. -We'd better go if we don't want to repeat this situation. – I spoke, feeling dumb and confused.

"Did he fake so much only for a cover-up?" I thought.

Unconsciously, I felt upset. Rueful for my actions. Beyond all, my feeling for Jeno shouldn't affect my decisions. Caring too much about someone, it's the worse weakness in any investigation. A criminalist must know that first-hand.

-Jaemin. – Jeno held my hand, stopping me from going away. -Are you okay? – Jeno asked.

-No, I'm not okay. – I mumbled while trying to hold my tears.

-Did I go too far? – Jeno questioned.

-You did. Was it necessary? – I asked while spacing out.

-Necessary? – Jeno replied. His clueless reaction made me look at him, upset.

I closed my fists and looked at him angrily. -Yes! Did you have to play with me like this? – I questioned, demanding an answer from Jeno. But he stood silent, looking at me, somewhat shocked. Hence, I laughed it off and let my tears drop while mournfully chuckling at myself. -You don't care! Why would you? Aren't you the great Lee Jeno that can have it all? Certainly! You probably do this stuff often, don't you? – I expressed while feeling hurt and upset.

-You honestly think I'm the worse, don't you? – Jeno questioned before shaking his head. -I'm not! I can't be that way with you. – Jeno stated as he looked away from me.

-What do you mean? We aren't close; you only showed up for the investigation. But before that, I was invisible to you. – I pointed out, upset, before taking a deep breath and pulling my hand away from him. -You can't tell me you care about me when your jealousy and arrogance control your decisions. – I stated, causing Jeno's eyes to widen.

-Why? Why are you telling me this? – Jeno asked, bewildered.

-It's the first time I talked to you about anything else that isn't related to the investigation. Therefore, I want to take this opportunity to inform you that I know your deeds. I know you want me to beg for you like all the students. But I'm not a simp. No matter how much I like you, I won't be your dog and let you step on me! – I furiously spoke as my tears continued to fall. Yet, I removed them and walked away from Jeno.

-Jaemin! Na Jaemin! – Jeno called my name and chased after me. He reached for my hand, but I pushed him away. Yet, he didn't let me go; instead, he held my arm tightly and pulled me against him. He didn't hesitate to embrace me and snuggle against me. -I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. – Jeno mumbled in a shaky voice. Immediately, my heart broke but still, I pushed him away.

-I want to be alone. Please. – I cried while pushing Jeno away, but he tried to stay close to me even if I tried to escape. -Jeno, please. It's enough; we don't need to fake another scene anymore. – I sobbed before he took my head and placed it on his shoulder.

-I'm not faking anything. I promise I'm not. – Jeno assured me; hence, I glanced at him and attempted to believe in his words. Yet, I couldn't read him, and it was impossible to tell if he was being honest, —or not.

"He only looks sad but doesn't cry. Am I being too dramatic? Is it a proper reaction to what happened between us?" I thought.

-I need time. – I murmured before letting Jeno go. Soon, I stepped back and walked away from him, not daring to look behind me.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.2K 219 20
"Why are you always sneaking out?" "To see you" Started: 22 ⁿᵈ October 2022 Ended: ~28ᵗʰ August 2023
40.8K 2.1K 86
"are you expecting me to beg for my life right now?" elemental power AU! TW's: foul language? a bit of blood #1 of the NSOE series started: 27/01...
9.5K 338 20
"who are you and why are you in my garden?" "i-i was following a butterfly in a garden and ended up here, your highness." jaemin never expected that...
42.4K 2.6K 15
❝ʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛ ʟɪɴɢᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏꜱᴘɪᴛᴀʟ ᴄᴏʀʀɪᴅᴏʀꜱ.❞ ⇴a ghost appeared out of thin air to comfort the miserable girl. . . . . STARTED: 10th March, 2...