Riptide (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever... More

Meet Sandrelly
Rules
Talking
Surf's Up
Stream
Bruises
Neon Paint
Broken Arm
Home Sweet Home
Catchup
BBQ
Ava
Team VS Team
Scared
Peter
The Streets
Halstead
I miss mom
The Man In Black
Punch Ups
Abs
The Chase
I say it's him
British
Gone wrong
Heartbreak
Resting time
Hospital
Who is Ava?
Ducks

Home for the Holidays

562 9 8
By KNeill006

*Jay's Pov*

San, Will and I stepped off the plane in Brazil carrying our hand luggage and wearing shorts but Will still had a big coat on.

"God, it's boiling." He said.

"We told you." Smiled San as she pulled us along and towards the entrance of the airport.

We were waiting for our main luggage when an airport worker walked up to us and opened a crate.

"Hey, Duke. How you doing buddy?" I asked as I crouched down to the dog.

"He's well behaved and I'm loving his harness. Is he a police dog?" Asked the man.

"No but he knows a few things."

"Won't get on the wrong side of him." Luaghed the worker as he left.

"Package has been handed over." Said the guy into his radio.

"That was weird." Said Will.

"Don't sweat over it. People are weird in airports." Said San.

"Since when?" I laughed as I grabbed mine and hers luggage off the conveyer belt.

"Dunno."

It was a shorter ride to the Santos home now that I knew where it was. Bunches of surfers were down the beach as well as families playing in the sand and big groups were drinking.

"You can drink on the beaches?" Asked Will.

"Yeah but most of us don't because we are surfers. We only drink at night when there is a bonfire."

"You're gonna love Maceió." I said towards Will.

He stared out the window in complete awe as he watched the buses drive by and people skate past holding surfboards.

When we arrived, we opened the door to hear people talking.

"Is that them?" Asked someone who sounded young but it could just be Harvey.

"Yeah. Go say hi." Said Sammy as he poked his head around the corner.

A small kid ran over, who looked around six and had long brown hair covering his face.

"Uh...Dad, there's some ginger guy." Said the kid and ran back to whoever was around the corner.

Billy appeared holding the child and approached us with a smile.

"Hey, guys. This TJ, you know the kid from the house."

"Oh my god. TJ, we haven't seen you in forever. How you doing bud?" Asked San as she swept the hair out his face and smiled at him.

"Aunty San and Uncle Jay, who's that?" Asked TJ.

"That's Will, my brother." I said as I smiled at him.

"U-uncle Will."

"If you want." Smiled Will.

*Will's Pov*

Maceió is beautiful.

When we walked through the door, we were greeted by TJ, who soon warmed up to me. I walked up to Sammy first and gave him a hug before he introduced me to the gang.

"I have never seen a ginger in my life." Said Harvey as he touched my hair.

"Harvey, don't be weird." Laughed a stunning brunette, whose voice I recognised all to well.

"Abi." I smiled.

"Will." She said back as she gave me a hug.

"You are more beautiful in person."

"Stop it love birds, I need a hug bro." Said Darren towards Jay as he walked up to him and gave him a bear hug.

"Ellie, sweetie. Sorry we are late. We had to sort something at the restaurant. Where are you my darling?" Said Helena as she walked in with her arms open wide.

"I'm here, ma. I missed you."

"Me too. Ah, give me a hug." She said with a huge smile.

"Will, pleasure to meet you again." Said Roberto as he walked up to me and shook my hand.

"Yeah you too."

Why couldn't I have had this when growing up?

Jay looked towards me and gave me a big hug. I hesitated at first but finally gave in.

"I know how you're feeling. It hurts to know her family was and is like this but you are apart of it now." He whispered to me.

"So, Sammy what is going on?" Asked Jay as we took a seat in the couch.

"A lot has happened. Billy has moved in with me as well as TJ. TJ isn't actually six, he is nine. He's just small."

"Hey, I'm not small. I'm big and scary." Laughed TJ.

"I told you not to teach him that." Said Sammy towards Billy.

"Anyway, I'm now a cop or shall is say detective." Said Billy.

"That's great." Said San.

"Yeah. I'm the new Sargent of Narcotics. Three members of my team were from Billy's gang. I gave them a choice plus with their old connections, they are a great help."

"Y-you work in a gang?" I asked Billy without trying to sound scared.

"Used to. Don't sound so scared, red. San made a deal with a gang member. I'm sure you can deal with me." Laughed Billy and I swallowed.

"Stop scaring him." Said Helena as she smiled at me.

"He's a big softie. He isn't in the gang anymore." She said and squeezed my shoulder.

"Yeah." I laughed and let out a breath.

On Christmas day, Roberto was on the bbq making his famous burgers and Abi was trying to teach me how to surf.

Some guy walked up to Jay and was talking about Duke before he reached into the harness pocket. I didn't see the rest because Abi was telling me to focus.

"So, you stand up when the wave comes. If the wave ends up being dead, you and the board will just sink."

"Great explaining, Abi. You need to paddle first. Don't just stand up, you'll look like an idiot in the water if you do that." Said Diego as he came up to me.

"You know what, Diego, you teach him, if you're so fucking perfect."

"Woah, Abi. What's wrong?" Asked San as she came up to us with Jay.

"It's nothing. I'm going for a swim." She said and walked off.

I went to follow but San told me to stay and listen to Diego.

I was able to surf by the afternoon and we ate the bbq afterwards.

"This food is amazing." I said to Roberto.

"Thanks, Will. So, what do you work as?"

"I'm a doctor."

"Ah yes. I remember now. Red scrubs."

"Yeah. I've worked there for about ten years now."

"Wow. Did you find a wife?"

"No. Nearly did but we um...we didn't work out."

"Oh, sorry to hear that, man."

Roberto is quite a down to earth guy. He acts like a teenager and gets on really well with the surfing lot. He's a great dad.

I looked over to Abi to see her texting on her phone and then she let out sigh before she paused and stood up quickly.

"Oh my god."

"What Abi? What's wrong?" I asked her.

"The junior surfing school just blew up." She said.

"What? No. There's children there." Said San.

"Hopefully not today. They should all be home, celebrating Christmas." Said Harvey as he stood up.

"Ma and Pa, can we please head down there?" Asked Diego.

"Yeah go. Be safe." Said Helena as her and Roberto started to clean up.

"Wait, let the police go. Everyone else stay here." Said Roberto.

"Pops, that's not fair. We've got friends there." Said Darren.

"I'm sorry guys but they won't want loads of people there."

"Alright. Fine. Update us." Said Darren as I followed Jay and San out.

*Jay's Pov*

"You heard Roberto, police only." Said Sammy towards Will.

"C'mon, he's a doctor." Argued San.

"Fine. Let's go."

We all hopped in Billy's truck and he sped off towards the scene. As we were driving, we felt the ground shake as another explosion went off.

Billy slammed on the breaks and pulled us over as San and I hopped out to see what had exploded.

San's hand went to her mouth before she let out a scream. I held her in my arms as I watched Sammy reach for his phone and start to call the emergency services.

"Please be quick. I need the fire service to the Santos restaurant. It's on fire."

"They are on their way. ETA is two minutes." Said Sammy.

"We have to go back. Leave the school." Said Will.

Darren drove past in his car and beeped at us.

"Billy and Sammy, we'll go with you and Will. Jay and San, get in my car and get down to the restaurant."

I nodded and pulled San's weak body towards the car. She got in the Heatwave and we drove back to the restaurant.

The second we got out, she ran towards her family and hugged them. My phone was blowing up all over the place with texts and calls. One from Kelly so I answered that first.

"Hey, Jay. I have my key to check on the apartment but where is the key that's supposed to be in the key safe?"

"Is it not in there?"

"No."

"We might have left it in the apartment. Sorry, Kelly."

"No don't worry. I've got mine anyway. It just felt odd."

I heard him turn the key in the lock before I heard some loud screech over the phone.

"Kelly! Kelly, can you hear me?" I said into the phone as San came over to me.

"What's going?" Asked San.

"I don't know."

The call ended and my phone started ringing as our landlord was calling us.

"Hello?" I said.

"Jay. The apartment. It's gone. It's been blown up." He said.

I didn't say anything apart from stare at San, who ran up to Will as soon as he stepped out of the truck with the others.

"Damage isn't that bad at the school."

"I need you to call Maggie and put it on speaker." Said San towards Will.

"Hey, Maggie."

"Enjoy your vacation, Will. I'm not giving you updates."

"What? No. Has Kelly came in?"

"No. He's not working till later."

"No as a patient." Said Will as he looked towards San and I, who were shaking.

"No. Is he okay?"

"Everybody get out! There's a bomb in the building! Evacu-"

The line went dead as a loud boom traveled through the phone. Will dropped his phone and dropped to his knees.

I looked towards San, who was crying and her parents were holding onto each other as they looked at the restaurant.

The others were trying to call people from the school while Sammy and Billy were trying to get their team together.

"What the hell is going on?" Said Diego as he looked at everyone.

All our phones pinged and we looked down at them to see a message pop up.

I'm back and I'm coming for you. One by one.

"It's like some pretty little liars shit." Said Diego as we all stared at the message.

___________________

A/N: Riptide is done. Wow. Thank you to everyone who read, voted and followed. I hope you enjoyed it. The next book will be called Down Under, which is the second book of this. It won't be as long. Maybe only ten or fifteen chapters. The next book released though will be something that has nothing to do with Riptide, so enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.6K 32
Madeline Sanchez is a 25-year-old doctor working at Chicago Med, one of the best hospitals in the Midwest. Raised in a high-class household, Madeline...
208K 3.7K 49
[ season 2,3 & 4 of Chicago P.D. ] [undergoing minor grammar and spelling editing] Life hasn't been kind to Spencer Grey. She's been through more tha...
38K 517 35
Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. They never spoke again or even knew if eac...
44.5K 583 10
After a recent kidnapping case leaves the intelligence unit confused, a new piece of information will change Will and Jay Halsteads lives forever.